Theme: blue neon night

speechles

Happy2Play

Anyone tried this with the beta version of the app that went out yesterday?

Even though the app updated I got green box, but after restarting Roku it played fine. v3.0.48

@@Flamebird

Edited by Happy2Play

Flamebird

Even though the app updated I got green box, but after restarting Roku it played fine. v3.0.48

@@Flamebird

Didn't see that there was an update. Got the roku update, finally; but who knows if that will fix anything. I'll check for an update and let you know.

Happy2Play

Didn't see that there was an update. Got the roku update, finally; but who knows if that will fix anything. I'll check for an update and let you know.

Did you get the Emby beta app update to 3.0.48?  If so have you restarted your Roku and tested your file?

• Like 1

Flamebird

Sorry; been running all over creation doing boring "real life" stuff all day and haven't had a chance to even check for an update; will check when things settle down here tonight.

On the plus side, if it works; Yay!  On the down side; it looks like I'm gonna have to go through my entire library and check all my files, cause I'd much prefer they all direct play even if the transcoding works.

Edit:  didn't notice "beta app" update. . . I don't have the beta app.   Guess my reading comprehension skills have taken the day off, too. :wacko:

Edited by Flamebird

Happy2Play

Sorry; been running all over creation doing boring "real life" stuff all day and haven't had a chance to even check for an update; will check when things settle down here tonight.

On the plus side, if it works; Yay!  On the down side; it looks like I'm gonna have to go through my entire library and check all my files, cause I'd much prefer they all direct play even if the transcoding works.

Edit:  didn't notice "beta app" update. . . I don't have the beta app.   Guess my reading comprehension skills have taken the day off, too. :wacko:

Looking at my logs, the test file you provided was "Direct Playing" on my Ultra using the beta app.

Flamebird

Tried to add the beta app from the link at the top of the forum; but it just takes me to my account page . . . do I need an invite or channel code to add the app?

Happy2Play

Tried to add the beta app from the link at the top of the forum; but it just takes me to my account page . . . do I need an invite or channel code to add the app?

Once you log in with your Roku account you it will show the private channel that will be added to your Roku. 

Flamebird

Once you log in with your Roku account you it will show the private channel that will be added to your Roku. 

It auto-logs in for me and takes me straight to "my account". 

These are the only options I get:

59bbbb79bbb6a_rokupage.jpg

Tried logging out and using the link; but it still just takes me to My Account page when I log back on.  :huh:

Edited by Flamebird

You don't have any devices linked to that Roku account (see section at bottom of your screen shot).

(Speechles - sorry for hijacking your thread here - we can split these out if you wish)

Flamebird

You don't have any devices linked to that Roku account (see section at bottom of your screen shot).

(Speechles - sorry for hijacking your thread here - we can split these out if you wish)

@ebr- Of course I do. I've never bothered to name them; cause they're both mine; but if they weren't linked I couldn't add anything.

59bbedb247aeb_rokudevices.jpg

I had a 2xs. but when it got quick-fried in a lightning storm I removed it from my list.  The first one listed is my Premiere + and the second one is a Roku 3 that's currently off-line.

I'm thoroughly confused.  .  .  :unsure:

Well, then I'm not sure what the problem is.

The url you go to should look like this:

https://my.roku.com/add/EmbyBeta
  • Like 1

Flamebird

https://my.roku.com/account/add?channel=embybeta

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Well, then I'm not sure what the problem is.

The url you go to should look like this:

https://my.roku.com/add/EmbyBeta

Those both worked.  I was using this from the other thread:   https://owner.roku.com/add/EmbyBeta

Color me clueless.  :huh:

Edited by Flamebird

Flamebird

Looking at my logs, the test file you provided was "Direct Playing" on my Ultra using the beta app.

Soooo. . .  I finally got the beta app loaded; tried the same episode and it of course plays perfectly. . . direct play. 

Tried it on blue neon; plays perfectly; direct play. . .

Tried the official app; ditto.

Maybe I should just take up knitting. . . or drinking. :blink:

• Like 1

Gilgamesh_48

Maybe I should just take up knitting. . . or drinking. :blink:

Three quick shots of ouzo will cure almost any perceived deficiency. 

There is little that cannot be cured (in all senses of the word) or at least mitigated by the proper internal application of medicinal spirits.

I am always intrigued by problems that cure themselves. I once had a file that would play correctly at all times except when I was watching from bed. I never found the problem as one day it just went away. (The problem not the file ;) )

• Like 1

Flamebird

So, what's the take-away here?  Should these files be direct playing and they're mostly not or should they be transcoding and they aren't?

Either way, it points out that I have multiple files that I thought were h.264 and aren't. . . that's gonna be fun to track down. :wacko: 

Just not sure if I can expect to keep getting random green screens in the meantime.

So, what's the take-away here?  Should these files be direct playing and they're mostly not or should they be transcoding and they aren't?

Either way, it points out that I have multiple files that I thought were h.264 and aren't. . . that's gonna be fun to track down. :wacko:

Just not sure if I can expect to keep getting random green screens in the meantime.

Are you still having a problem playing them with the latest beta (3.0.48) of the official app?

Flamebird

Are you still having a problem playing them with the latest beta (3.0.48) of the official app?

I haven't really had a chance to try anymore, yet; but that's why I wanted to know what I should be looking for.  Should they be transcoding to play or should they direct play. Either way is fine as long as they work until I can track down the MPEG4 files and replace them with h.264.

I did find out where I was getting the files from. . . my nephew is using some "free" software with presets and he was just picking by resolution, not by file-type.

Anything on the program he's using defaults to MPEG4 unless you check a box for  iPod or iPod compatible.  Go figure. . .  :blink:

I am still getting the green screen with audio, I reported this exact issue months ago.

The only way to make it play is to use Blue Neon and click on the "Force Transcode" option

@@ebr, can you make the official app have a setting to make "Force Transcode" turn on all the time?

Edited by dcook
  • Like 1

I am still getting the green screen with audio, I reported this exact issue months ago.

Using what exact version of the app?

Flamebird

Okay, got a minute to check: Emby app 3.0.41 -says it's direct play; looks and sounds good.

Beta app: 3.0.48 - says direct play- looks and sounds good.

BNN app: 4.22 - direct plays fine; but won't stop playing without a server reboot. . .  :blink:

So, I guess whatever you did worked; at least for now.  Yay!

Not sure what the deal is with BNN though. . . not worried about it, unless someone wants me to test it.

mediacowboy

@@speechles, would it be possible to pop up a better error message when setting up a TCL TV?

I bought one for my daughter's room and kept getting a unable to authenticate. The new emby app worked so I was scratching my head. Then I rememberes someone else having this issue. After changing the name on Roku's site, their app, and the under devices on the emby server nothing still unable to authenticate. Finally found the option to restart the TV versus powering off and back on and it started to work.

Edited by mediacowboy