Theme: blue neon night

speechles

Waldonnis

Some Rokus just got new firmware this week and if you got the update already, it may have mucked with the "accidental" decoding of 6-channel AAC on the Ultras...or maybe not.  Wouldn't be the first time they've done things like that, since even older Rokus used to strip the DTS core from DTS-HD streams and passthrough the core (no longer, and it was always "undocumented feature"ish).  Either way, it's not behaviour that they seem to have intended per their documentation and can/could be broken at any time, so it's best to let Emby transcode it to AC3 in those cases.

Side note: AAC is covered by a patent, and licensing costs for 2-channel AAC are cheaper than >2-channel (cost per unit implementing >2-channel is 1.5x that of a stereo-only implementation, IIRC).  It's cheaper for manufacturers to limit the AAC costs since AC3 and DTS are already dominant for 6-channel use (AC3 being the more popular of the two for many reasons).

Edited by Waldonnis

mikeraburn

It was a setting in BN that I changed or whatever,

No more transcoding

The server GUI says I am on BN4.26

Did you update the version number in your file?

I thought I side loaded a BN update once already. 

Never mind

I scrolled up..... duhr

haven't updated the first page yet, i need to fix the links to point to the latest zip file.

The software development kit application (sdka) for the app is here:

https://github.com/speechles/BN-ONE

Use the "releases" tab on that page to view all the versions. This is easier for you to know when updates are done. My host on powweb hasn't added back my subdirectory FTP password access yet, so as of yet this is why the old links point to v4.26 on the links presently. Using github I can avoid that issue which is why I moved everything over to that, and let them handle downloads.

Better for everyone as its still 100% open source. Free, and available world-wide this way. More exposure for the short time left it has to exist..

The new roku scene graph application (rsga) repository:

https://github.com/speechles/BN-TWO

Not much on the new yet.. there are no releases and I'm not in any hurry to expose the code I do have either. But.. work will appear there soon in the form of assets, images, etc the new app will make use of. So slowly hose will be visible and some other things. I just dont feel comfortable sharing an incomplete app that doesn't have much functionality yet. It'll get there and I'll share at that time. stay tuned on that front. No rush, it's like new rick and morty seasons. It will happen when it happens. :)

mikeraburn

I am on 4.28

I used the Konami cheat code method.

I am good, until I goof up something else.

No I can watch My Little Pony with no trans coding, Brony 4evar!

@@mikeraburn forgot to mention, in the preferences find the new "BreakOnNonKeyframes" option, change this to True. Remember that odd repeating at the end of some transcoded videos, well, remember it no more with that option enabled. It may cause issues with it set to true for some users on some roku devices (this is why its an option easy to turn it back off), haven't tested the option that deeply yet (but it works wonders with it set to True on my ultra), but if it does cause issues just as easy to turn it to False and away goes those problems but back comes the repeating end parts. My opinion is you can never have too many options! So of course, its an option. Thats the new feature of 4.28.

Edited by speechles

mikeraburn

I shall make it true, just for you.

I have an Ultra too.

You wouldn't know it from my posts today, but I have almost zero trans coding.

So when I do have have the odd one here and there it intrigues me as to why.

roberto188

Is there an easy way to modify the code to "hardcode" my server info into the app? Every time I upgrade the emby server my clients get logged out and they have to go to "manual login" and put the address to my server back in, with the port number. It really is a hassle with so many server updates. Is there a few lines of code I can modify to do this?

Is there an easy way to modify the code to "hardcode" my server info into the app? Every time I upgrade the emby server my clients get logged out and they have to go to "manual login" and put the address to my server back in, with the port number. It really is a hassle with so many server updates. Is there a few lines of code I can modify to do this?

That's kinda what Emby Connect will do for you.  Allow them to easily access your server without having to know that.

Also, not really sure why an update would have an impact on accessing your server...

mikeraburn

@@speechles

You are NW of all this stuff around Redding, correct?

I have friends in Redding.

At least they are still there as of now.

@@speechles

You are NW of all this stuff around Redding, correct?

I have friends in Redding.

At least they are still there as of now.

Actually, they are NE of me. Here's where I am: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ukiah,+CA+95482

I am near the blue little airport. Within a block of it.

We are getting the smoke from the fires today. Smoke is thick.

Last year during the Mendocino Lake Complex fire was the largest call to action I have ever seen here (in my 48 years). The airport was full of mustve been 80+ helicopters, at least 2 dozen agencies had air attack bombers. It was pretty crazy how quickly they can mobilize when it matters. Thats one of the reasons, even though the FAA has wanted to close our airport for years and decommision it, they still keep it and pay for it to this day. Thanks Federal Government. At least one thing they do right.

the sound on some of my movies are distorted using this app on lg tv

thanks

You can fix this in the app.

If the LG TV has surround sound, you can change the preferences in options for "default audio" and "unknown audio" to AC3. Then change the one for "force surround" to YES

If it only supports stereo, choose MP3 for "default audio" and "unknown audio". Change the "Convert AAC to MP3" option to YES.

The item is likely direct playing AAC audio which can (occasionally/rarely) cause this. To force this to change you need to be on that items detail screen, use the "more ..." button, and choose "Force Transcode". Now the audio will be converted if the item was direct playing and get rid of problem. Using "Force Transcode" will always stream copy the video when it can, the cpu hit for an audio transcode is low and finishes pretty quick.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

mikeraburn

Geeze

Your temps are even cooler than theirs, still ignorant hot for me, but cooler than the Redding areas.

Even without the fires.

roberto188

That's kinda what Emby Connect will do for you.  Allow them to easily access your server without having to know that.

Also, not really sure why an update would have an impact on accessing your server...

Yes but emby connect doesn't allow selection of users. I need that feature to function. Not sure why but on occasions I have to reinput the server info and relogin, hence the request to hard code the server.

shorty25

Actually, they are NE of me. Here's where I am: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ukiah,+CA+95482

I am near the blue little airport. Within a block of it.

We are getting the smoke from the fires today. Smoke is thick.

Last year during the Mendocino Lake Complex fire was the largest call to action I have ever seen here (in my 48 years). The airport was full of mustve been 80+ helicopters, at least 2 dozen agencies had air attack bombers. It was pretty crazy how quickly they can mobilize when it matters. Thats one of the reasons, even though the FAA has wanted to close our airport for years and decommision it, they still keep it and pay for it to this day. Thanks Federal Government. At least one thing they do right.

You can fix this in the app.

If the LG TV has surround sound, you can change the preferences in options for "default audio" and "unknown audio" to AC3. Then change the one for "force surround" to YES

If it only supports stereo, choose MP3 for "default audio" and "unknown audio". Change the "Convert AAC to MP3" option to YES.

The item is likely direct playing AAC audio which can (occasionally/rarely) cause this. To force this to change you need to be on that items detail screen, use the "more ..." button, and choose "Force Transcode". Now the audio will be converted if the item was direct playing and get rid of problem. Using "Force Transcode" will always stream copy the video when it can, the cpu hit for an audio transcode is low and finishes pretty quick.

thank you it worked

mikeraburn

So my little issue with the 6ch audio files needing trans coding was resolve, at that time, with a setting adjustment suggested by speechles.

I still do not remember setting it to what speechles found in my logs

Also Waldonnis hinted that a Roku update may have goofed.

After all my back and forth, something wasn't just "right" with the way my audio was working and coming through my sound system.

Then WHAM, I got a new Roku build update back on the 26th, 4145, for my Ultra and all is back to "normal".

I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer and I certainly do not need Rokus help in confusing me any more than I already am!

Darn software updates and darn all the different ways we use the hardware and components we individually have.

Geeze

Your temps are even cooler than theirs, still ignorant hot for me, but cooler than the Redding areas.

Even without the fires.

I spoke too soon earlier. Two fires active within miles of Ukiah ATM. One of them putting my parents property (and my catamaran in jeopardy :o).. They literally just gave evacuation orders for my parents to leave the area. The entire Blue lakes resort area. So hopefully this is all precaution, and I dont lose all my families things and my boat. The roads are closed there is no way in or out. So now I just wait and see what happens... My parents and their dog at my aunts house safe. But... still... you can't move everything.. I never could move the catamaran or any of my cool things I left there to keep safe.. So.. oh well.. Its just things.

So far the winds are pushing the fire north, away from their properties, and into an area where there are no residences. So there is at least that.. Hopefully overnight they smash this, Ukiah is basically surrounded by fires ATM.

VzlyKRy.png

Top fire, is the Ranch fire. This one is the one putting pressure on Blue Lakes, which is the home for my boat and my parents properties. So its sort of eery having these damn fires happen again this year, last 3 years somehow fires have come within miles of burning that whole resort area to the ground.

If you are interested, you can read more about this at it happens through twitter.

https://twitter.com/CALFIRE_MEU/status/1023428833469296640

Edited by speechles

mikeraburn

Well, this all just stinks.

Objects can be replaced, people can't.

Get out of it's way.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Well, this all just stinks.

Objects can be replaced, people can't.

Get out of it's way.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Yeah, its more shock at the sheer volume of things you can get ready to pack out... then the reality of where does it all fit into the few cars we have left. We already moved all the vehicles we could out. The motorcycles, the ARGO, will burn.. they couldn't get started. But the cars won't burn. The catamaran is worth at most a grand. There are more it isn't a picasso. So yeah, I would rather have safety of mind knowing we got what we could. Than remain until the last second moving things and get stuck in the middle. Its sort of surreal, like you can't think right.. time seems to go real fast and hurry hurry... You can see the ominous glow over the hilltop of the coming. But its far off to the right which means it could entirely pass through. But prior fire last year, yeah.. That one burned everything, even doubled back to burn things twice or three times.. So it isn't like you said, pausing to make lists of what to get out.. Just get the important documents, pictures, and GTFO when they first come to round up evacuees. Don't wait for that third and final time..

Last night was pretty interesting. Pretty much right after I posted my last message a massive power outage struck the entire county. Power off all the way to the coastline.

https://www.mendovoice.com/2018/07/massive-power-outage-hits-mendo-and-lake-counties/

I do have UPS backup on my router and modem. VOIP requires this. So I did have internet until all my devices batteries died. But I used that time to call all over California to find out it was a county wide outage.

HQYh1Pd.png

Here's the fire map from today. Alot changes in a day. It may pass by Blue Lakes...  Thank you CAL FIRE. :)

The new normal:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?ll=36.79169061907074%2C-116.707763671875&hl=en&z=5&source=embed&ie=UTF8&mid=1HacmM5E2ueL-FT2c6QMVzoAmE5M19GAf

Edited by speechles

mikeraburn

Never mind internet, routers, etc

What does your A/C system have as a backup?

Generator?

I grabbed one of these https://powerequipment.honda.com/generators/models/eu3000is last month.

All I want to be able to due is run my boiler in the event of a long power outage in the middle of winter, or zombie apocalypse.

Won't work too well if we lose natural gas. But a few electric heaters in the crawl space will keep the water from freezing, also the cases of spam I have stored in the garage,

AxEire6.jpg

https://mappingsupport.com/p2/gissurfer.php?center=39.140716,-123.033633&zoom=11&fire=CA,MendocinoComplex

Power went out twice more since then in ukiah. Now my parents got evacuated, from the evacuation center, and since every road in that area is blocked they had to ride over the LOOONNGG way, extra 200 miles for an 18 mile trip. Wonderful.

aL7GMSN.jpg

https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1023877855078273025

Apparently, as a joke the chevron in Middletown, which is now the only way for anyone in that area to get over into the mendocino county decided to play with their prices. Since they had so many people queueing they figured it would be a fun way to do less work. Teenagers are fucking stupid. Now its wound up on twitter/facebook and that entire store may wind up closing. Ridiculous... inside and on the pumps they were actually charging the right price, which is still high for that area.

Someone intentionally lit these fires and I hope they catch the bastard or bitch!

Edited by speechles