Theme: blue neon night

speechles

Should have time this weekend to release the update to the app. This will include a slew of bug fixes. In the meantime, the picture below will explain better why I haven't been as active here.. lol

5dcf5c6898f8d6322ddba102ee7c193e.jpg

Sailing = [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

mikeraburn

You ran out of gas towing the dingy and have been walking home all this time?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

You ran out of gas towing the dingy and have been walking home all this time?

Lmfao.. Ive been on the water, alot. The little mazda miata does eat more gas when towing. Thats not a dinghy either, its an 18 foot prindle catamaran. So much fun and sailing needs no gas, only lots of tacking... [emoji3]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Okay, and I thought I was crazy for towing a 23' fishing boat with a Grand Cherokee (with 5.7L engine).  You're towing an 18' cat with a Miata!  (btw- I have one of those too - love that car).

Pedal faster! ;)

mikeraburn

THIS is what you tow your little boat with.

https://goo.gl/photos/cvAwSuYod7EYJfBC8

One of the odd things I saw while out in the village on the Yukon River last month.

Popular opinion was he was headed to Nome to dredge for gold.

I never saw anyone get off it, I had to get back to "work".

Edited by mikeraburn

chattojimnow

Speechless, not to sound inpatient.. but hows the next update going??? If you need a tester, i wouldnt mind

Nisten

I gave this a go last week and I didn't like that it auto-logs in as administrator regardless if i signed out and signed in as another user and relaunched the app. Is it possible to have user persistent auto-logins?

For instance, If I sign out as the admin and then non-admin user A logs in and checks "remember user" and closes the app. When they relaunch it, it auto-logs in non admin user A instead of my admin account. 

The reason being, I've set up non-admin user A with partial media library access but whenever I launch the app, I have to always sign out and have the other user sign in whenever I launch the app since it auto-logs in as my admin account by default. 

By the way, Hope you're having fun on your vacation Speechles  :) 

Edited by Nisten

• 2 weeks later...

@@Nisten its possible. When remember user is on, it will remember the last user who used the app, and then log in as that user. It doesnt keep track of which user it is who is turning that setting on, and then only logging in as that user from that point on when the app is started. To make it clearer. You want to assign a single user as the user to login with. Then when watching things as the admin, it wont remember admin as the last user. It would remember the user who turned on the "remember me" option. Is that how you expected it to work?

To everyone:

The next update to the app will include user messaging, via both sendstring and displaymessage. This includes support for sending messages from the servers dialog in the active devices tab, and via the emby messages plugin interface. These will all be modal and will require user intervention to clear the dialog.. see below how this looks in-app using the messages plugin:

0a16822862f2100238c9a5696c64f672.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

Nisten

@@speechles Its not remembering the last user who used the app nor logging in as that user. It logs in as the admin user regardless. 

This is why i tried signing out as admin > sign in as a non-admin user > closed the app > relaunch the app to see if logged in as the non-admin user but it always logged in as the admin.

New Version: v4.17

* attempt liveTV workaround
* add displayMessage support in-app
* correct various minor bugs here and there.
* raise videoplayer timeout to 4 minute maximum

This release adds full support for emby messages (sendString/displayMessage). All dialogs are modal and require user dismissal, this is by design in the app. Feel free to annoy your loved ones and friends with constant popup dialogs. These dialogs will cascade, meaning if you send them in sequence.. such as "LOL" "LOL2" "LOL3". They only see the first dialog message LOL. After they close this, they see the 2nd underneath appear on top now, and need to dismiss it next. Then close LOL2 and LOL3 pops up. There is no limit to how deeply cascaded these dialogs can be, at least in this app).

Those with issues using this app with liveTV please raise the videoplayer timeout to the highest of 4m. This should help \, hopefully *crosses fingers*

Have fun while it lasts, updated all links in first post. :D

@@speechles Its not remembering the last user who used the app nor logging in as that user. It logs in as the admin user regardless. 

This is why i tried signing out as admin > sign in as a non-admin user > closed the app > relaunch the app to see if logged in as the non-admin user but it always logged in as the admin.

Hmm.. I will test this and see what is going on. It should remember whoever was last logged into the app.

• Like 1

mikeraburn

Did you hit the push button on 4.17?

I'm still sitting on 4.16 according to the info in the debug logs in Blue Neon

I got a Roku update today

Oh noes...

I never updated the manifest strings... snap

So really, everyone should have the current version 4.17, except the string in app still says 4.16. Apologies for the confusion caused.

I will have a new version soon, with updated manifest strings, and some music player bug fixes. Stay tuned...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

mikeraburn

So back to fatal error

I ran just fine for maybe 4 days until today.

The hard drive from when I bought the Synology is where I have 95% of my media stored now and I fatal errordded X3 in roughly 90 minutes of playback.

Oh well.

So back to fatal error

I ran just fine for maybe 4 days until today.

The hard drive from when I bought the Synology is where I have 95% of my media stored now and I fatal errordded X3 in roughly 90 minutes of playback.

Oh well.

The fatal playback error is when the apps logic has to adjust the playback method to make a file playable until its endtime. Even if you "force direct" the app will still transcode when it must to get the media to play. This is by design. My idea was the user may not be aware direct play isnt possible on a file, so having the app smartly know when to switch to transcoding is better than strictly following what playback method the user may enable.

Plex thread with same issue we are having in this one:

https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=104029&start=75#p565644

The app falling back to transcode when it should be fine direct playing is also happening to them. So there is a larger issue going on than we can overcome ourselves. It will take some kind of action by roku to stem the tide on this one. Hopefully they aren't dragging their feet. We can tell by the footprints they leave in the sand if they are. Time will tell.

Until roku addresses this, errors may occur more frequently than they have before. I've used "force direct" on playback and had a file fail 5 minutes in and drop to fallback transcode.So I Stopped playing the file, started it from the beginning and it successfully played all the way through to the end. So it is so random and sporadic it is hard to tell what the cause or cure could be. It certainly isnt the 4GB barrier, but behaves similarly. Just letting you know I circled back, did some research and now you know as much as I do.

mikeraburn

It's just a little nuisance.

Not in any way a huge issue. 

Unless you're like me and become a drama llama and go out and get new HDDs!!!!

Lesson learned.

Edited by mikeraburn

chattojimnow

hi guys. anyone let me know if there still having issues watching live tv with the latest version? my roku sideload box hasnt changed versions, same playback issue as previous versions of blue neon night.

Edited by chattojimnow

mikeraburn

@@speechles

So help understand this.

Synology 216play, Roku Ultra, Bule Neon

Roku Ultra connected to network via wifi 5GHz band.

My Local quality in Blue Neon is set at 70 mbps. I thought this was a MAX setting.

When I pull up your hud while playing a file I am sometimes well above 70 mbps playback measured.

• 2 weeks later...
MBUser1

Hi, I'm very new to the Blue Neon Night Theme, less than an a couple hours actually, but already I find it much more usable than the default Emby player for Roku. My sincere thanks for all the hard work developing this fork. I really only have one small issue/request/suggestion...

Is it possible to use Poster view instead of backdrop on the home screen? I know within the TV library there is the 'Change View Style' option, which is great for those who don't like Poster view, but I don't see anything like this for the home screen. Mainly, I want this because it has the extremely useful 'Latest' category which is where I will spend most of my time. I loathe being stuck with Backdrops (seriously, I hate them!) and would very much like an option to use Posters here. If it's not possible or too difficult to implement, then how about an 'Episodes' category added within the TV Library?

To me, the 'Shows' category in the TV library is next to useless for everyday use. I'm not saying it doesn't have a use, just not a daily use. There just isn't any truly useful way to sort it so that it works identical to the 'Latest' category. Much more useful would be an Episodes category, ideally able to be sorted in various ways, but particularly useful would be sorted by the date the ep was added to the library. So, essentially the same thing as Latest on the home screen. Only in the TV library we would have the Poster view option which I feel is vastly more recognizable and space saving... in other words, I get to see more releases per line/page and recognize each one quicker, making for a better user experience, imo. But if you find any value in the suggestion, please don't limit it to some small number like 30! ...100 minimum, I think, infinite would be ideal.

Many is the time I wish I could just flip back through the episodes a few weeks (a few hundred eps) and find some show I can't recall the name of, that I kept meaning to watch... but with the Emby Roku players, there is NO WAY TO DO THIS! This can be done on the server... but there I am also stuck with Backdrops instead of Posters, even though I have Poster view selected! No idea why that is.

Thanks for hearing me out, I know I sometimes have a tendency to digress a bit.

Cheers, and thanks again for all your efforts.

MBUser1

I didn't just write one big paragraph above, I think some script I'm blocking caused the breaks between paragraphs to be removed. Probably the same script that also prevented me from editing the post too.