Theme: blue neon night

speechles

New Version: v3.34

* Add support for multi-part videos

Often asked about, now yes, you can play the 2nd and subsequent parts of your multi-part videos. Updated roku store links and zip-file. Enjoys :)

• Like 3

@@shaefurr

Finally completed the music part which requires 6 new images. Was hoping you could work your magic on these too. These are extremely rough. I've got the code done that rely on these images, and it all works great. Just need your skills again, please.

http://ereader.kiczek.com/new-images.zip

Here are the 6 new images needing your love. The "recent" and "frequent" are for songs played. If you can fit "recently" and "frequently" in those spots that would be better if possible. If you can't that is fine as well. I didn't include icons with some of them. If you can think of icons to go with them all that would be great. Any questions feel free to ask, any problems feel free to let me know.

This is only if you have time and thanks very much. Reply back in pm or this thread with your awesome images and I will release a new updated for everybody.

• Like 1

shaefurr

@@shaefurr

Finally completed the music part which requires 6 new images. Was hoping you could work your magic on these too. These are extremely rough. I've got the code done that rely on these images, and it all works great. Just need your skills again, please.

http://ereader.kiczek.com/new-images.zip

Here are the 6 new images needing your love. The "recent" and "frequent" are for songs played. If you can fit "recently" and "frequently" in those spots that would be better if possible. If you can't that is fine as well. I didn't include icons with some of them. If you can think of icons to go with them all that would be great. Any questions feel free to ask, any problems feel free to let me know.

This is only if you have time and thanks very much. Reply back in pm or this thread with your awesome images and I will release a new updated for everybody.

yeah sure, have to get my vans CEL off before my temp tag expires so may not be until next week. But, there's not that many so ill squeeze them in sooner if I get a chance.

• Like 1

yeah sure, have to get my vans CEL off before my temp tag expires so may not be until next week. But, there's not that many so ill squeeze them in sooner if I get a chance.

You da man!

I can wait for your images, but.. I might make a release before I get them. This will include my attempt at trying to match your look in the graphics. It wont be near as good as yours, but I dont want to keep people waiting to see the new features. i appreciate the time you took before doing all the images and the time you spend on these new ones. Thanks :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

New version: v3.35

* Add second row of favorites to all single row gridscreens

* Add favorites, recently, frequently and genres to the homescreen music row

32d361cb6c4ebdf3de4a01c51be05dee.jpg

Okay, this works a bit different with the recently and frequently. These will lists that users most recently and frequently played songs, not albums. If you click into any of the songs listed in these rows it will launch you into a music playlist of the last 100 songs. This works exactly how favorites does within the music view. Everybody should understand how this works once they try it.

I've also added a favorites row to single row gridscreens. This means genres, jump in, studio, network, etc... Each of these sub-views will now list a 2nd row of favorites you have in that view. This makes it easier to get to your favorite things quickly. I've put a major emphasis on favorites.

Updated both roku store links, and the sideloadable zip. Enjoys.

Note: when @@shaefurr has time he will get back to me with the new smaller, cleaner, better images. Until then sorry my images arent up to his calibre. You may notice it in the music row.

More Notes: Oh yeah, almost forgot.. Next up, I will add the "also watching" function .. Havent forgotten about the "remove row" preference for the movie and tv views either. I went "nuts" adding rows to some people. They like a few rows only, not everything. Stay tuned, it just takes time but these things will eventually happen. :)

Edited by speechles
  • Like 3

mediacowboy

Thanks @@speechles for all your hard work. Can't wait for the also watching feature. Please keep up the great work.

Edited by mediacowboy

e2d5cee3ecbb3cf1819e882a3d41ec23.jpg

a8695478713e01d21b9325ecbd1c3825.jpg

Heres some teasers showing how far Ive gotten. Got the entire functionality done for building an "also watching" list as well as removing everyone from it in one easy click.

All that is left is to write the code to talk to the server and mark items when playing in sync with other users who are "also watching". The actual code that makes it all work is still unwritten yet.. Heh.. But rest assured the UI for it is fully working. The hard part is done.

I made the normal login screen do double duty and work for both login and also watching. Also made 2 new snazzy images that will need cleanup from @@shaefurr. Hopefully he isnt angry I keep assuming he wants to still help. I just am not good with compressing images and keeping detail, nor good at layered graphics. So hopefully he is still on board.

Stay tuned... :)

Edited by speechles
  • Like 2

shaefurr

Yep I'm down for whatever you need

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yep I'm down for whatever you need

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Coolio. I will bundle up all the images needing adjustments into a new zip for you tomorrow.

To those wanting this feature I have got this fully working now.

To get technical for a bit so others know how to do this I had to make a post to "/sessions/capabilities/full" to post device capabilities. If the response is okay from this, do a get from "/sessions?deviceid=deviceid". If this is okay, use the first session at index 0 and get the value of the ID field. Store this ID into the globalvar sessionId. Hopefully this is the correct way to do this. @@Luke please correct me if there is a better way.

With the sessionId obtained it is exactly as @@Angelblue05 described. This was pretty easy to do. After a few hours fighting bugs and learning how the API works I seem to have got it now.

After I test more on this you can expect a release tomorrow, which will include the "also watching" feature.

Edited by speechles

what are you doing with session id? you should never really need to do anything with it.

what are you doing with session id? you should never really need to do anything with it.

I am simply storing it as a global var right after capabilities are posted. This way when the also watching function runs it knows what the sessionId is. Isnt the only way a sessionId could change is when capabilities are posted? I also have it drop the also watching users and sessionId when using logout or selectServer. On login it reattains the sessionId to allow also watching users to be chosen again. Is this correct?

Edited by speechles

No, you really shouldn't store it anywhere because you don't really ever need to do anything with it.

Then how does one know the sessionid to make then call to add users to the session? Do you poll /sessions?deviceID= before to obtain it? This is the part that is confusing.

We should make this a little friendlier so that you don't need to specify session id at all, but for now, you should determine it dynamically every time you need it rather than storing it anywhere. if it changes you're just going to have problems.

Okay, I can do that. I was under the assumption the session id was more concrete. I can fetch it dynamically before attempting to add users or iterate them to delete. This is how I should have done it to begin with on hindsight.

sessionId = GetSessionId()
                if sessionId <> invalid
                    result = postAlsoWatchingStatus(authResult.User.Id, true, sessionId)
                    if result then
                        createDialog("Also Watching", "This User has been added to your session.", "OK", true)

This is how it is now. Thanks for the help on that @@Luke. :)

Edited by speechles

New version: v 3.36

* Add "also watching" to options row

* Add functionality for also watching

05cb8e8c513c9153bd47da77e651b6af.jpg

Now groups of users can share a logged in users session. The image above shows what it looks like with another user also watching and logged in. The app now lets you add users who are also watching and their watched status updates too. So if you all want to watch a movie on your logged in user. So add everyone else to "also watching". Now the entire families watch status updates as the entire family watches the movie. This also works for marking played/unplayed and removing resume points.

When you change server, or logout, the users "also watching" will be removed. When you choose the option "Remove All Users" this removes everybody who may also be watching too. There is no way to remove single users. You have to remove all, and rebuild again. Hopefully this is okay.

Updated both roku store links, and the sideloadable zipfile. Any problems, issues, or strange behavior please let me know. Enjoys.

@@shaefurr here are the images that need fixing up. When you have time of course. :)

Edited by speechles

CBers

@@speechles - just installed BN onto my daughter's Roku 2XS.

Went through the settings (damn there's a lot of them :) ) and set the bitrate to 3.2 as it's only currently wifi connected.

I need to play with the settings more, as I was getting AC3 videos transcoding, but that might just be the bitrate being too low.

Anyways, it plays everything just fine, whether it's Direct Stream OT transcoded, so great work.

@@CBers

You can leave the bitrate at 20 for your local home wifi network. Start lowering this as soon as you have issues. For AC3 you need to make sure you set the roku audio up in the roku settings from the rokus main homescreen. Wow, I said roku alot in that sentence.

If the roku auto-detects dolby digital then the app should detect it. Then look at the "more..." shown on any items detail screen. At the end it will have private, stereo, dd, dd+, or dts shown. If it says dd then it should pass thru dolby digital/ac3. Using this you can tell how the roku has detected your audio within the app. It might also have "dd dts" or "dd dd+" shown, with both, in that case the app has detected it can support both.

5e0fcdb5d6408a780d5c38e506f50d51.jpg

You can see the dd shown above on mine.

The settings are.....yeah, there is alot. This is because it allows users to fine tune the transcoding process. Then the colors the theme has add 4, so its kind of daunting when you see so much. The first post of this thread has a walk-thru for transcoding settings.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

it's probably time to get the automatic bitrate feature into the roku app. that would be a nice enhancement so people get more direct play without having to use the settings.

• Like 2

it's probably time to get the automatic bitrate feature into the roku app. that would be a nice enhancement so people get more direct play without having to use the settings.

Luke, were you volunteering? I wouldnt know where to begin to incorporate that by myself.

KidNamedCudi

Is there any way to add a tv series to your favorites? I believe it only works for episodes. It would be really nice to be able to add a show to the favorites if thats something that can be easily done?

0625acd1d8613fbc259d926a285d26ea.jpg

Using "change favorites" from the item detail screen

e7e8c345bb018c9a7cc0e7048ca02ada.jpg

Using "change favorites" from the tv season * context menu

• Like 2

mediacowboy

I know you are probably busy but when I try to play live TV, I'm using a HD Homerun prime with emby TV, I get an error saying:

" Response Error!

Failed to get additional parts"

So then I click okay and it loads the channel and plays.

Server: 3.0.5945.16452

Roku 3 4200X: v3.36

HD Homerun Prime - 20160328atest2

I will try to sideboard tomorrow and grab a log but wanted to see if it made any sense.

On a side note:

THANK YOU for implementing the "Also watching". The wife and I enjoy it. So we can watch our show together and other shows separately.

Edited by mediacowboy