Theme: blue neon night

speechles

Since the new version I am unable to connect to server manually or automatic without a password error. The regular emby app still works fine and server version is Version 3.0.5972.0

Let me know what other information you need.

Since the new version I am unable to connect to server manually or automatic without a password error. The regular emby app still works fine and server version is Version 3.0.5972.0

Let me know what other information you need.

Odd.. I think when this happens the roku registry is wonky. This problem happens to the regular app at times too. You can uninstall blueneon, it should ask "are you sure?", choose yes. Then reinstall the app. It should let you in afterwards.

Unfortunately when doing this you also have to set all your preferences all over.

If this doesnt solve the problem, please let me know. I cant find any difference in the code between the two apps that would be causing this problem. I made no changes recently to that section either. This has me stumped. Hopefully the delete/reinstall trick solves it. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

Odd.. I think when this happens the roku registry is wonky. This problem happens to the regular app at times too. You can uninstall blueneon, it should ask "are you sure?", choose yes. Then reinstall the app. It should let you in afterwards.

Unfortunately when doing this you also have to set all your preferences all over.

If this doesnt solve the problem, please let me know. I cant find any difference in the code between the two apps that would be causing this problem. I made no changes recently to that section either. This has me stumped. Hopefully the delete/reinstall trick solves it. :)

I did this first thing, a fresh start usually fixes these things.

I just tried again and this is the sequence:

1. Select user

2. Authentication Error! Invalid username or password, click ok

3. Authentication Error! An unknown problem has occured, click ok

4. Login Failed Invalid username or password. Please try again, click back

5. Select User screen

In server dashboard it shows good auth:

Jimmy successfully authenticated
6/29/2016 1:22:31 pm
Ip address: xxx
Jimmy successfully authenticated
6/29/2016 1:22:23 pm
Ip address: xxx

New Version: v3.61

* Audio & Subtitle fixes - thanks waldonnis

* Fix app crashing on invalid password/username

* Allow BIF Trick-play for transcoded videos - thanks waldonnis

More help is always appreciated so welcome the new contributor, Waldonnis. You will be seeing more of this person in the future I can guarantee. Good things coming. Stay tuned...

The audio & subtitles menu now works much better. There can now be more than 4 choices shown. The audio codec will be shown along with how many audio channels. The subtitles will show which are forced and default. The dialogs top out at 10 buttons. The buttons "None" and "Cancel" take up 2. This leaves 8 available button choices. Much more useful now.

The app was crashing because I wasnt clearing out invalid states within the registry. I have now added this so hopefully the app resets itself correctly when this happens.

The BIF trick-play is now able to work with transcoded streams in HLS containers. This was a limitation (read as bug) in the earlier firmwares which disabled this ability. This means the roku plugin needs to be updated to create BIF files for all videos, not just videos it thinks will direct-stream only. This will take cooperation from @@Luke to remove the restriction.

Updated all links in first post. Enjoys.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 2

Prem0

I have updated to the new version and am still getting the password error.

I also installed a new server on a Qnap device and got the same error on a fresh install

New Version: v3.62
* add more info to audio & subtitles
* add go to artist to audio context menus
* add grouping ability to homescreen latest row
* add preference to control grouping

The audio & subtitles menu wasn't conveying quite all the information it could. Now you can see alot more than previously. There is still the issue where which subtitles are commentary, directors notes, etc. These subtitles arent listed like they are in the rokus "built in" audio & captions dialog. The server isnt pulling all the data it can about subtitles. When it does it will make this even better.

9f08a7bedc07fd21322d6a96f3d85065.jpg

When playing songs, it would be nice if when the song is playing you could press * and go directly to that artists detail page. Now you can, this works the same as the rest of the "go to" features do.

49c4decaf8462b4c7e81decda378eb78.jpg

The grouping is now possible. This will work exactly as the web client works. I know I said I was going to do it another way, but for the meantime, there was other work to do and this is how far I got. This does not respect how you set grouping for your user on the server. You must enable grouping in the preferences of the app if that is what you want. This is because of how covers are handled. The app will attempt to stretch covers if I enable all image types for the call. When you turn grouping on, it does not fetch a primary image. If grouping is disabled it does. This corrects the problem, but doing this requires knowing which method is being used hence the preference. Hopefully this is easy to understand.

cbd6283c91cbf58432a35fa3aeb5916a.jpg

Updated all links in first post. Update your rokus. Enjoy ;)

Edited by speechles

@@speechles, if you are interested...

578991a907316_emby_neon_night.png

I was going to add this to the assets used in the app as the new splash screen but had to make a stop, drop and roll...

The problem is the image can't be so large.

new: 408 KB (418,340 bytes)

old: 29.7 KB (30,440 bytes)

If you can keep it under 30KB and keep it as detailed that would be great. This means removing many shades of colors used and reduce the color pallete. This is because all assets are stored "in app" no parts are fetched over the internet. Plus I ate up space fitting two complete themes "in app". This is where the majority of the size of the app comes from. The code itself is about 412KB. So I have to keep a fine line between code space versus image space.

With scene-graph it will be possible to coordinate with the emby server and possibly have a plugin send these assets to the app. This would be nice as it wouldn't involve the internet either. Hope you understand. :)

I will have a fix shortly for the "only watched movies show in latest when I choose group" bug. Added some extra detail to the album screen while I was at it. If people use music they will notice this.

Edited by speechles

New Version: v3.63

* fix /items/latest + group movies bug

* add more info to album detail screen

This corrects an annoying bug if you were using the /items/latest + group as your latest row. It would make movies behave irratically. Fixed it. It was part of the old endpoints way of hiding or showing what was already watched. With /items/latest/ there is no way now to see what was watched. If you change your user preference on the server you can alter this behavior, or revert back to using /items and make the hide watched preference to no. Using /items/latest does not respect the hide watched in app preference. Just making sure everybody is clear on that.

As always, all links in first post are updated. Enjoy :)

@@abnranger67 fixed the issues.. sorry for the mistake.

CBers

@@speechles - should this app auto-update?

I noticed the other day that my daughter's Roku was running v3.38!!

I'll check it out later and get it upgraded.

Happy2Play

My Roku does, but didn't the private channel change awhile back?

Edited by Happy2Play

mikeraburn

Ignore this....

My original comment was me mistaken the not updating issue with one issue I was having.

Edited by mikeraburn

It depends on the firmware on the device. The roku wont do some firmware updates automatically. This means, it also will stop auto-updating apps. This is because new apps might need the new firmware. So you have to manually choose system update. Now it should update the roku firmware and re-enable auto-updates.

Like Happy2Play said, I also was forced to change developer keys to update the app. Part of this was moving to the 3.x versioning. This version change forced all preferences in the app to be reset on purpose. This was to clear possible conflicts in the registry from becoming "stuck".

You already have a 3.x version, which means you have my current developer id attached to the app. The app update no longer wipes your preferences. You should just need to manually system update and join the rest of us with the latest, and greatest version.

Let me know how this works for you. :)

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

CBers

OK, I'm getting a JSON error "Error when parsing JSON response" when navigating around the UI.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app via the website, v3.6 build 3, but I still see the error.

I log my daughter's account out and logged back in, but still the same error.

Any suggestions please, other than getting a terminal session connected, which I'll do tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: No rush with this, as she's not an avid Emby user, yet :)

OK, I'm getting a JSON error "Error when parsing JSON response" when navigating around the UI.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app via the website, v3.6 build 3, but I still see the error.

I log my daughter's account out and logged back in, but still the same error.

Any suggestions please, other than getting a terminal session connected, which I'll do tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: No rush with this, as she's not an avid Emby user, yet :)

Word.. Snap... W. T. F. ?

Where exactly do you get the JSON error? Those prevent the app from crashing. Does the app stop working when that shows? I never made it easy to tell which area each json error dialog comes from either. Not to self for next time (make unique numbers for each error so can tell which parts of the app they occur in). You may see an error retrieving next up json when navigate to tv-series. This only prevents the app from "jumping" to the right season/episode. It should still go to the series.

Which roku model is it? Is the firmware updated to 7.2.x?

Might need you to debug, as you already suggested you might have to. Since you wrote the guide to do this on nowTV I think you are most qualified. Apologies for the interruption...

...Also...

If you reboot the emby server, then scan library... wait until its about 25%...

now try the app and it should work much more quickly. Maybe it is timeouts occuring. These will report as json errors too, not as timeouts.

Edited by speechles

Guest Grace1313

I was going to add this to the assets used in the app as the new splash screen but had to make a stop, drop and roll...

The problem is the image can't be so large.

new: 408 KB (418,340 bytes)

old: 29.7 KB (30,440 bytes)

If you can keep it under 30KB and keep it as detailed that would be great. This means removing many shades of colors used and reduce the color pallete. This is because all assets are stored "in app" no parts are fetched over the internet. Plus I ate up space fitting two complete themes "in app". This is where the majority of the size of the app comes from. The code itself is about 412KB. So I have to keep a fine line between code space versus image space.

With scene-graph it will be possible to coordinate with the emby server and possibly have a plugin send these assets to the app. This would be nice as it wouldn't involve the internet either. Hope you understand. :)

I will have a fix shortly for the "only watched movies show in latest when I choose group" bug. Added some extra detail to the album screen while I was at it. If people use music they will notice this.

No problem, I'll see if I can get it to that size. Thanks

• Like 1

CBers

Word.. Snap... W. T. F. ?

No apologies needed, as she hasn't used it for several months, so a re-learning curve for both of us :D

Yes, the app stops and returns to the Roku home screen when it occurs.

It seems to be when I move DOWN the UI from the top row to the next.

It's an old Roku 2XS but is running firmware 7.20.

I'll try and get the debug session one night this coming week.

Thanks for replying.

:)

Edited by CBers

CBers

@@speechles - is it cover art related?

Found this in the server log:

2016-07-17 20:48:03.5538 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.1.140:8096/emby/Items/8d1891de4d7c500b613f722f30c33d28/Images/Thumb/0?EnableImageEnhancers=true&format=jpg&BackgroundColor=#000000&tag=f5ad255784cf87281517da3e2500de82&width=138&height=77. UserAgent: Roku/DVP-7.20 (027.20E04100A)
2016-07-17 20:48:03.6148 Error ImageProcessor: Error encoding image
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.1.6042.21606
	Command line: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	NoEncodeDelegateForThisImageFormat `' @ error/constitute.c/WriteImage/1167
	ImageMagickSharp.WandException
	   at ImageMagickSharp.WandCore`1.CheckError(Boolean status)
	   at Emby.Drawing.ImageMagick.ImageMagickEncoder.EncodeImage(String inputPath, String outputPath, Boolean autoOrient, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 quality, ImageProcessingOptions options, ImageFormat selectedOutputFormat)
	   at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.<ProcessImage>d__7.MoveNext()

2016-07-17 20:48:03.6148 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.1.28. Time: 63ms. http://192.168.1.140:8096/emby/Items/8d1891de4d7c500b613f722f30c33d28/Images/Thumb/0?EnableImageEnhancers=true&format=jpg&BackgroundColor=#000000&tag=f5ad255784cf87281517da3e2500de82&width=138&height=77
2016-07-17 20:48:05.6660 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.1.140:8096/emby/Items/d6e41b7b3e7d9c6e22a84189848c61b0/Images/Thumb/0?EnableImageEnhancers=true&format=jpg&BackgroundColor=#000000&tag=cf394adcefa16affd36ee112c2a38733&PercentPlayed=91&width=138&height=77. UserAgent: Roku/DVP-7.20 (027.20E04100A)
2016-07-17 20:48:05.6660 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.1.140:8096/emby/Items/c52adb3cf092e1311f01d324bd0fbe19/Images/Backdrop/0?EnableImageEnhancers=true&format=jpg&BackgroundColor=#000000&tag=8c703b3b2049cd66de9e8561570b5337&width=138&height=77. UserAgent: Roku/DVP-7.20 (027.20E04100A)
2016-07-17 20:48:05.6660 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.1.140:8096/emby/Items/f35cc49560c3fae3ff18a58f76908659/Images/Thumb/0?EnableImageEnhancers=true&format=jpg&BackgroundColor=#000000&tag=d55ee0123ba7167bc6dc732f879dbbee&width=138&height=77. UserAgent: Roku/DVP-7.20 (027.20E04100A)
2016-07-17 20:48:05.6660 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.1.140:8096/emby/Items/6dfc9a7d06a606b5f5dac13d46b2cfb9/Images/Thumb/0?EnableImageEnhancers=true&format=jpg&BackgroundColor=#000000&tag=a739633851b487a019a704e34a6d8dde&width=138&height=77. UserAgent: Roku/DVP-7.20 (027.20E04100A)
2016-07-17 20:48:05.7220 Error ImageProcessor: Error encoding image
	*** Error Report ***
	Command line: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Application Path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	   at Emby.Drawing.ImageMagick.ImageMagickEncoder.EncodeImage(String inputPath, String outputPath, Boolean autoOrient, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 quality, ImageProcessingOptions options, ImageFormat selectedOutputFormat)

2016-07-17 20:48:05.7220 Error ImageProcessor: Error encoding image
	*** Error Report ***

Guest Grace1313

not sure if it can be a jpg or what it will look like on a big screen reduced like this, looks a bit of a blur.

i'll try some more

578bedae7c824_emby_neon_night.jpg

Edited by Grace1313

@

That is the problem I had. If it is a png you need to merge layers. Then what is possible is limited because of the lack of colors in the pallete. The more the colors repeat the smaller the file. Thas why text is hard on the budget for filesize. Making it conform almost makes it unreadable. That is the same problems I was having which caused me to drop the text. The splash screen is the largest image in the assets @ 1280x720. This is why its the hardest to work with. Good luck and I appreciate your efforts.

If you cannot make anything work with 30kb, it is possible to squeeze one in at 60kb. I can go through the other images which arent necessary at this time and remove them.

I also have a christmas themed logo that displays on december 1st through december 31st. You may have seen it last christmas when using the app. There are other logos possible for easter, and valentines day, and etc. I was going to make new logos for each of these events. If you want to try making these too you can. If you look inside the .zip file you will see an /images/ folder. Inside this are the channel and theme images. Open /images/themes/default/ and you see the images I use for the blueneon app. In there you can see the hd-logo-12. This is the christmas themed logo. Each month would have their own logo.

Edited by speechles

@@speechles - is it cover art related?

Found this in the server log:

<snippers used>

Interesting. That means it might be server related. Indeed. You can try disable cover-art and image enchancers. If this makes it work, you need to let ebr and luke know whats up. This would definitely affect other apps eventually. It is because on the roku it makes you get new images not cached. Your other apps likely already had cached images so wont see this issue. You know what I mean? Of course you do.. heh.. Phew.. glad it wasn't something I broke in the app.

mediacowboy

@@speechles, because of how big the app is what if it could be stored server side and call to the needed images then the app would be extremely small? Jyst a thought I don't know if this is possible.

Edited by mediacowboy