Android Mobile

Redshirt

In both the web app (app.emby.media) and the android Emby app, from the left slide out menu, where Home is at top left, there is, beneath Home, C Drive, D Drive, PlayLists, though the order of these elements can be altered by the user.

Selecting Playlists, displays a Playlist. This is where the dupes appear. There are three playlists displayed for each playlist I have created, of which two dupes that should not be displayed. Each playlist display consists of a thumbnail, which you call a Poster, and a name.

Randy

Are there actually three distinct items you can click on? Are you sure it's not just the auto-generated thumbnail image with 3 slices?

Randy Kerr

Yes. I am sure. This also reflected in the nunber of playlists. That number is displayed at the top of the playlist page

as 1 of 31, where it should say 1 of 11.

Randy Kerr

The dupe (triplicate) listing of my playlists problem has been rectified. Thank you.

Randy

Randy Kerr

Hey Luke, Is it normal that, when playing from a playlist (I chose "Play all from here), the Remote Function doesn't work?

BTW,I quite like the way the playlists are displayed now, alphabetically.

Cheers,

Randy

• 4 weeks later...
Vidman

Now that the android TV app is again relegated to only android tv/5.0 + devices is there any chance the mobile app can add support for basic navigation via remote/gamepad (up, down, left, right and select... And maybe menu)

Now that the android TV app is again relegated to only android tv/5.0 + devices is there any chance the mobile app can add support for basic navigation via remote/gamepad (up, down, left, right and select... And maybe menu)

Now that you mention it:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/34318-android-mobile-2652/

• 3 weeks later...

There's a new release that's slowly rolling out that should resolve all of the HTTPS issues. Thanks to everyone who helped test this, especially @@anderbytes

I have been unable to use the internal player with the 2.6 versions. The last version to play movies with both internal and external players was 2.4.30.

Hi, can you try the open beta version?

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/24350-android-open-beta-testing/

If the issue persists, then please provide a new log, although it's going to be in a new location now due to android 6.0 permission changes, under data/com.mb.android. Thanks.

• Like 1

anderbytes

There's a new release that's slowly rolling out that should resolve all of the HTTPS issues. Thanks to everyone who helped test this, especially @@anderbytes

Thank you too for the excellent work on the software.

Edited by anderbytes

The internal player works great in the beta but my external player is unable to fast forward.

So this is still a big step forward right? Because you said the last playable build you had was 2.4.30 which I think was a year ago.

It sounds like the external player can't fast forward due to transcoding. If you try customizing the in-app bitrate to a high value, that may prevent that from happening, although for best results we generally suggest leaving it on Auto.

statik

So this is still a big step forward right? Because you said the last playable build you had was 2.4.30 which I think was a year ago.

It sounds like the external player can't fast forward due to transcoding. If you try customizing the in-app bitrate to a high value, that may prevent that from happening, although for best results we generally suggest leaving it on Auto.

Thank you for the great work.

• 1 month later...

2.7.13 is available now on the open beta. Sync has been reworked to use the storage access framework. You should have no trouble with external SD cards now.

Additionally, it supports any android storage provider as the backing storage for your sync files. That means you can use internal storage, sd card, google drive, whatever you like. 

For those who are new to the open beta, you can sign up here:

https://play.google..../com.mb.android

Enjoy.

• Like 2

anderbytes

Very good, Luke.

I've seen in code that subtitles aren't really "synced", just downloaded, that answers why they aren't removed along when their video are, and also aren't updated when their content changes.

Is that correction planned?

Thanks

The update is going to begin to roll out over the next several days. Since the app requires authorization for the specific folder that you choose in the directory picker, you'll need to reconfigure your sync path. Once complete, you'll be able to sync to internal storage, SD card, google drive, or any other android storage provider. Enjoy.

dark_slayer

The update is going to begin to roll out over the next several days. Since the app requires authorization for the specific folder that you choose in the directory picker, you'll need to reconfigure your sync path. Once complete, you'll be able to sync to internal storage, SD card, google drive, or any other android storage provider. Enjoy.

Will it appear native to the app like synced content is presented in Google music or Plex?

• 5 weeks later...
Guest asrequested

I may be living up to my name here, but I can't seem to find a way to download an album other than download the individual songs. What am I missing?