Android Mobile

Redshirt

reluctantflux

Since the app is basically now just the web interface, and since pressing the "back" button/icon on an Android device in this new app goes back through every screen yet seen, I respectfully suggest an "Exit App" feature would be of value. It might logically go in the menu beneath "Sign Out."

Why wouldn't you just press the home button? Just curious.

iam4uk

Why wouldn't you just press the home button? Just curious.

That does not stop the app, as shown by the fact that when I later go back to the app, it's at the same screen where I left it, with all the history at the back button.

Of course, it no longer starts where I told it, and settings are missing...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

ressu

Since the app is basically now just the web interface, and since pressing the "back" button/icon on an Android device in this new app goes back through every screen yet seen, I respectfully suggest an "Exit App" feature would be of value. It might logically go in the menu beneath "Sign Out."

closing apps manually is a bit overrated in my opinion. That said, you can go to the app list and swipe away the app. You don't even need to go to home screen first.

But in general, the back button behavior is inconsistent in regards to a regular android app. It might be tricky to fix since we are now dealing with a Cordova app.

It's being fixed to exit normally as expected for the next update.

• Like 1

mbc0

closing apps manually is a bit overrated in my opinion. That said, you can go to the app list and swipe away the app. You don't even need to go to home screen first.

But in general, the back button behavior is inconsistent in regards to a regular android app. It might be tricky to fix since we are now dealing with a Cordova app.

This is no longer the case with Lollipop as when you go to the app list you will see all recent apps in there not just the open ones, it can be very difficult to see what is open and what is recent...

jamvids

Just a little one, it's great being able to build playlists from the new app, but once an item has been added the "add to playlist" screen stays and doesn't disappear back off to the side. It does if you press another part of the screen though.

ice pube

Might as well post this here too - is anyone else having issues scrolling horizontally in the app? I always run portrait mode and I have a really hard time scrolling this way. I can sometimes scroll if I press harder down on the screen, it seems like the touch feedback is broken or something. Since this is a client issue, I assume the server logs will not help, is that correct? Not really sure what else I can do. I am running:

Droid Turbo 

Android 4.4.4

Emby app 2.3.13

WIndows Server stable

I have attempted to clear data on the app, getting the same issues.

Edited by ice pube

blade005

Might as well post this here too - is anyone else having issues scrolling horizontally in the app? I always run portrait mode and I have a really hard time scrolling this way. I can sometimes scroll if I press harder down on the screen, it seems like the touch feedback is broken or something. Since this is a client issue, I assume the server logs will not help, is that correct? Not really sure what else I can do. I am running:

Droid Turbo 

Android 4.4.4

Emby app 2.3.13

WIndows Server stable

I have attempted to clear data on the app, getting the same issues.

ice pube,

It could just be a performance issue with the updated app and your Android device.

I have a Nexus 7 (2012) Tablet and a Moto X phone running Android 4.4.4 and the latest version of Emby Android Mobile.

MOTO X PHONE: Performance is manageable and still useful, but considerably slower than the previous version that was a native implementation.

NEXUS 7 (2012) TABLET: Performance is unacceptable and unusable.  I can swipe 1, 2, maybe 3 times to try and scroll the screen up and maybe by the 3rd or 4th swipe I might get a response on screen. (I think it may be from my 1st swipe.)  If I can eventually get to a detail screen for a video and press play, the playback and performance of simple MP4, h.264, AAC files are sputtering and not watchable.  All of the navigation and playback I just described was very acceptable and darn right 'snappy' in the previous solution.

I will wait and see how the solution evolves, but I must say at the moment I am quite disappointed. A big plus of MB / Emby for me was the evolving Android support, but at the moment I am left with very little use on my current Android devices. Perhaps I just have to accept that having android hardware that is a couple of years old is just not an option for this solution.

I apologize for digressing, but to your initial question of horizontal scrolling, I am suggesting that it could just be a response lag issue, because I do experience the same issue with my Nexus 7 tablet. It is not always impossible to scroll up or down, but it is definitely considerably slower and I just have to stop swiping at some point and see if anything will eventually respond.

Edited by blade005

ice pube

I would think so as well, but if I swipe it never swipes. I have waited 30+ seconds and it just doesn't move. I agree about the disappointment, I was trying to move 100% to Emby from plex. The way it is now, the android app is essentially useless. I can take a video if people want. 

jordy

@@blade005 I have a nexus 7 tablet (1st gen) running 5.1.1 and its fine - no lag. Might I suggest a factory reset. I've read that can fix thing like this.

blade005

@@blade005 I have a nexus 7 tablet (1st gen) running 5.1.1 and its fine - no lag. Might I suggest a factory reset. I've read that can fix thing like this.

jordy,

I may give a reset and move to Lollipop a try. I moved to 5.0.1 when it first came out, but performance was so bad at the OS level that I fell back to 4.4.4, just to have a functioning device. I have read that subsequent updates have been kinder to 1st Gen Nexus 7's. Thanks for the input.

• Like 1

dark_slayer

There is no horizontal swiping between categories at the moment. Vertical scrolling hasn't been affected for me on my LP n7 or G2, but swiping between latest/suggested/etc is totally absent as I mentioned about fifteen or so posts ago. A couple of updates since but no change. Luke said it would come back eventually, so no worries

ice pube

There is no horizontal swiping between categories at the moment. Vertical scrolling hasn't been affected for me on my LP n7 or G2, but swiping between latest/suggested/etc is totally absent as I mentioned about fifteen or so posts ago. A couple of updates since but no change. Luke said it would come back eventually, so no worries

I am getting this as well, has there been any progress on fixing it? I can take a youtube if needed. 

Sp3kt3r

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned and if i'm the only one with this issue but when I cast to my chromecast I have a hard time using the slider to seek through the video.

I have to try multiple time before the slider move. 

I'm using a Nexus 4 with Lollipop 5.1.1

thx :)

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned and if i'm the only one with this issue but when I cast to my chromecast I have a hard time using the slider to seek through the video.

I have to try multiple time before the slider move. 

I'm using a Nexus 4 with Lollipop 5.1.1

thx :)

The slider will be changed soon so just hang with it in the meantime.

• Like 1

jordy,

I may give a reset and move to Lollipop a try. I moved to 5.0.1 when it first came out, but performance was so bad at the OS level that I fell back to 4.4.4, just to have a functioning device. I have read that subsequent updates have been kinder to 1st Gen Nexus 7's. Thanks for the input.

How did you get on with this mate? I rolled back to 4.4 as 5.1.0 and 5.1.1 were literally unusable for my 2012 nexus 7 due to so much lag! 4.4 is perfect again

blade005

How did you get on with this mate? I rolled back to 4.4 as 5.1.0 and 5.1.1 were literally unusable for my 2012 nexus 7 due to so much lag! 4.4 is perfect again

Haven't done it yet, but based on your comment I may not now!!  

I moved to 5.0 and found the lag intolerable. I was hoping that follow on updates may have resolved this. I do find 4.4 quite stable and still snappy with performance. Really disappointed with how the latest Android Mobile is performing with this set up. The previous version performed so well, so really disappointed thus far. Everything else that streams seems to perform so well with my current setup (Netflix, Hulu, Mizuu - a local Android Media solution, not streaming).

Is 4.4 performing well on your 2012 Nexus 7 with the current version of Android Mobile?  If that is the case, then perhaps there is a specific issue with my hardware / software setup.

Edited by blade005

SilentException

Is there any trick to disconnect from Chromecast in 2.3.13?

After I select "My Device" as a player Emby stays active on Chromecast...

it disconnects but it doesn't shut down the emby web app on the CC. we can add more to that later.

• Like 1

hedgehogg

i have noticed a few negative reviews on google play store. Is no one answering them ? all ok answering in here but i think you may have some following that never come here

• Like 2

mini__me

Hi chaps,

Any idea what's holding up the Amazon App deployment, the Amazon App is still on 2.2.22 miles behind the Google 2.3.13 :(

FLHTHEMI

Lollipop on a Samsung T800 Emby v 2.3.36

New update force closes a lot. Mostly when in metadata manager scrolling through covers, backdrops and thumbs.

Would like to have option of a black background for the pop out menu. I have a hard time with the white wash. 

When leaving/swtiching to and from movie metadata in the manager the green highlight bar for the content you're looking at will sometimes be exposed beyond the left panel and into the metadata area while viewing the art for the item you're currently editing. 

Edited by FLHTHEMI