Android Mobile

Redshirt

rubenverhoef

Love the app and use the sync function all the time, but when resuming an episode that is synced on my phone it always starts the video from the start. Does this app have the ability to resume from previous position with a synced file?

same issue for me, the synced content won't resume. It starts from beginning. Other content works just fine

Thanks for great app and such continuous support and development; photo player works just fine, but it would be a great addition if we could have photos auto played, with define duration of time, that can be set in app settings. Let's call this feature, SLIDESHOW :)

Regards,

DaN

Thanks for great app and such continuous support and development; photo player works just fine, but it would be a great addition if we could have photos auto played, with define duration of time, that can be set in app settings. Let's call this feature, SLIDESHOW :)

Regards,

DaN

You can actually launch a slideshow from the now playing screen, although you can't set a time limit.

Good to know that's implemented somehow, however; once I click on a photo it displays and there' no way I can chose any option. I guess adding an entry in settings to control the slideshow timing, completes the feature. again, can you tell how to play the slideshow?

Regards,

DaN

Edited by DaN

Well I'd rather just answer by saying that you should be able to just go to that screen and figure it out. If you can't, then we know we've done something wrong.

Well I'd rather just answer by saying that you should be able to just go to that screen and figure it out. If you can't, then we know we've done something wrong.

The only option I could find is by going to Main Menu > Remote > Click on Play icon in upper right corner, then choose Photo Slideshow. That picks photos randomly.

The option should be available at the photo album level, and picks only photos from within the album.

Regards,

DaN

Edited by DaN

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Luke

I have a message  "SSL Certificate Error Alert" when entre the app,

and then when playback a movie this error shows "Playback error, There was an error processing the request. Please try again later"

Is this because new version server 3.0.5768.7 ???

Thanks

jmgriffes

Hi Luke

I have a message  "SSL Certificate Error Alert" when entre the app,

and then when playback a movie this error shows "Playback error, There was an error processing the request. Please try again later"

Is this because new version server 3.0.5768.7 ???

Thanks

Are you reporting your external address as https://? That's the only time I've seen that issue before, and will persist unless you have a real SSL cert from a Certificate Authority for a domain which you own, which is also pointed at the server.

jmgriffes

Hello

No it is http

Enviado desde mi XT1097 mediante Tapatalk

Double check. http does not use certificates, so it will never has this kind of error.

56311f68ece11_EmbySSL.jpg

• Like 1

Double check. http does not use certificates, so it will never has this kind of error.

56311f68ece11_EmbySSL.jpg

Jmgriffes

Ha! yes youre right

I just clear that option

Thankyou very much!!

Enviado desde mi XT1097 mediante Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
ice pube

I posted in the open beta thread, but I wanted to ask if there is a way to get better chromecast performance in general? I try to run all stable versions of the server and app so my wife can use Emby. I don't really have tons of time or energy to troubleshoot, and it's incredibly frustrating when casting doesn't work. 

I've pretty much given up on using Emby with the mobile app when it comes to Chromecast. It's easier to run to the other room and back than it is to fiddle with all the quirks of the mobile app.

ThaDraGun

Can the Android app only be used on wifi home network??

I could have sworn I was able to stream on 4G before with no problems. I just bought a new phone, reinstalled emby and now when I try to stream a video away from home it says I can only watch 1min or I need to pay. Is it changed now, or maybe I was on a trial or something before?  Or I just have my new phone set up wrong?

• 4 weeks later...

Can the Android app only be used on wifi home network??

I could have sworn I was able to stream on 4G before with no problems. I just bought a new phone, reinstalled emby and now when I try to stream a video away from home it says I can only watch 1min or I need to pay. Is it changed now, or maybe I was on a trial or something before? Or I just have my new phone set up wrong?

If you have a premium server you just hafto aktivate the new phone and app on your local network, then it should work. PS:There is a workaround but I don't think emby admin getts happy if I tell you how to do it.

andrew0404

If you have a premium server you just hafto aktivate the new phone and app on your local network, then it should work. PS:There is a workaround but I don't think emby admin getts happy if I tell you how to do it.

Is this a new restriction?  I too had this working perfectly in my initial tests of emby.  Streaming via 4G was flawless.  All of a sudden when I am trying to migrate over from Kodi shared database, streaming on my phone no longer works.  I have spent 48 hours trying to figure out the problem.  If this was a new restriction to premiere only, how the hell did I miss the announcement?  That would be a terrible business decision, to limit previously free functionality to paid only.

Is this a new restriction?  I too had this working perfectly in my initial tests of emby.  Streaming via 4G was flawless.  All of a sudden when I am trying to migrate over from Kodi shared database, streaming on my phone no longer works.  I have spent 48 hours trying to figure out the problem.  If this was a new restriction to premiere only, how the hell did I miss the announcement?  That would be a terrible business decision, to limit previously free functionality to paid only.

Hi, can you please describe your issue in more detail? thanks.

andrew0404

In my initial tests, I set up emby on android, connecting to a ubuntu server.  I had it connected via wifi, and tested playback with movies/tv, and even live tv.  All worked flawlessly.  Then I tested playback over 4G.  I was amazed that it worked, especially because I didn't use emby connect and I don't think I ever specified my public ip to the app.  But there I was streaming live tv and movies while sitting in the mall waiting on my wife.  I was very impressed.

Now, after dertermining that emby would suit my needs and testing emby for kodi locally on a spare Rpi, I am ready to transition over.  But all of a sudden playback on my phone doesn't work.  I haven't changed anything that I know of.  It doesn't matter if it is locally over wifi connected directly to the emby port, or externally over 4G going through my reverse proxy.

Streaming and transcoding work fine in chrome from an external location going through the reverse proxy.

On my phone I get: Playback error: There was an error processing the request.  Please try again later.

I know it attempting to transcode:

my transcode log: http://pastebin.com/2jFK5E8a

I don't know much about dlna profiles yet, thinking that since I am using the android and kodi plugins, and the web interface, I wouldn't be using dlna.  Are these profiles used for the app connection as well?  Maybe it is a profile issue.

Like I said, I have been looking at this for a while now, trying to narrow down the issue, but a few posts that I have seen made me think that there was some previously free content that is now restricted to premiere.  If that is incorrect, I apologize, and am glad.

Ok, this is different, and no, nothing that you had free before has been taken away from  you. In the interests of keeping this thread light, if you could please copy and paste this to a fresh new topic, I'll be happy to help resolve the issue there. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
ice pube

Regarding recent issues  I have experienced with the app:

I hope this doesn't come across and whiny or entitled, but would it be possible to keep most of the large changes out of the stable android client until they are rock-solid or close to it? I have said this before but it is incredibly frustrating when issues come up with the app that seem to need more beta testing. My wife likes to use Emby, and I want to use it 100% of the time over Plex, but the experience gets dragged down when issues like castings not working, notifications not working creep into the app. 

I used to switch back and forth between beta builds, but I realized I need the apps as stable as possible for the WAF. Thanks for all the hard work, I really do appreciate it, just wanted to give my 2 cents. 

Edited by ice pube

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know why emby for android is only available in the USA and is there a mobile option available for the rest of the world.

That shouldn't be true. I just verified we've published it to 133 countries.

DParsons

That is what the play store is telling me. It doesn't make sense to me since it is my content. I would like the play version since the apk version is saying its only a trial.