Android Mobile

Redshirt

Yes 4.4 is working perfectly, silky smooth & fast! I also highly recommend cyanogenmod if you are having troubles... they provide an automatic installer now and it runs beautifully!  I do however have to confess to purchasing a Galaxy S 8.4 yesterday though so my old Nexus is now redundant!

Lollipop on a Samsung T800 Emby v 2.3.36

New update force closes a lot. Mostly when in metadata manager scrolling through covers, backdrops and thumbs.

Would like to have option of a black background for the pop out menu. I have a hard time with the white wash. 

When leaving/swtiching to and from movie metadata in the manager the green highlight bar for the content you're looking at will sometimes be exposed beyond the left panel and into the metadata area while viewing the art for the item you're currently editing. 

Thanks. I haven't done a whole lot of metadata manager testing with it to be honest. it probably needs a whole new mobile design.

kjp4756

Just updated emby for Android to version 2.3.36 and am noticing something with the lock screen notification when casting to the kodi client. When you pause a show the time keeps going for 3 seconds then resets then goes for 3 seconds. It does this over and over again until you resume the show.

Example.. Pause show at 23:10.Time keeps going to 23:13 then goes back to 23:10.

Also, it would be nice if you didn't have to expand the lock screen notification in order to get to the pause button. Have it like the Netflix lock screen notification.

Keep up the good work though. The new client is much better than the old.

Edit: just noticed that double tapping the lock screen notification doesn't open emby like it probably should.

Lg g3

Cyanogenmod 12.1

Edited by kjp4756

chef

Okay, Emby for Andriod updated itself yesterday I believe.

All functionality is working. The new UI changes give the app a nice breath of color, which is nice.

I have found the app running slightly slower then the privious incarnation.

I am not sure if that is because it was the first time I ran it last night, and perhaps it was trying to cache a bunch of new stuff???

I did notice the nice new multicoloured loading circle quite a bit. If you catch my drift...

But like I said, the functionality is wonderful! And the color added to the UI and the button animations you guys choose really does add some new freshness to the UI!

No crashes to report! Weldone as always.

Edited by chef

Just updated emby for Android to version 2.3.36 and am noticing something with the lock screen notification when casting to the kodi client. When you pause a show the time keeps going for 3 seconds then resets then goes for 3 seconds. It does this over and over again until you resume the show.

Example.. Pause show at 23:10.Time keeps going to 23:13 then goes back to 23:10.

Also, it would be nice if you didn't have to expand the lock screen notification in order to get to the pause button. Have it like the Netflix lock screen notification.

Keep up the good work though. The new client is much better than the old.

Edit: just noticed that double tapping the lock screen notification doesn't open emby like it probably should.

Lg g3

Cyanogenmod 12.1

For android 5.0+ we're actually using the stock notifications so we don't have much control over that. I'm sure it's probably possible to design our own, but it's kind of nice to use the built-in ones and be done with it. For android versions

kjp4756

For android 5.0+ we're actually using the stock notifications so we don't have much control over that. I'm sure it's probably possible to design our own, but it's kind of nice to use the built-in ones and be done with it. For android versions < 5.0 it is our own design but we don't want to use the legacy ones because that will result in loss of features.

Here is what it looks like on my phone.  Is there any way to remove that counter and have the pause button there?  I did some digging around in the code and according to the code it should show the pause button when the notification is collapsed but for some reason the play time duration is there.  I even tried removing all of the setUsesChronometer and compiling but the thing still showed.

5591b948928f3_Screenshot_20150629152312.

MrFlux

2.3.36 update is completely broken on my Galaxy S5. Force closes instantly on loading, doesn't create an emby folder on the SD card, tried wiping data and uninstalling / reinstalling, same thing. Wish I could give you some logs, but it dies before it even gets to that point now. Last version was fine.

53 is currently rolling out which hopefully will resolve it. if not, i think this time it will produce some log information. in the meantime, if you use the built-in android send error report feature when the crash occurs, the error report will be sent to us.

jjspierx

Just updated to 52.  I can no longer connect to my Emby server at home via it HTTPS port.  I can connect from the web client, but when I try through the Android client, I get a "Connection Failure" dialog.  I verified that I could connect to the non-HTTPS port just fine.  There used to be an SSL error when connecting to HTTPS, but it would still work, now it won't connect at all.  Just a heads up.

Also, I cannot delete the servers in "Select Server" screen. When I hit the 3 vertical dots, and select delete, nothing happens, it just returns me to the Select Server screen, but the servers still show up, even when I force close the app and re-open it.

Thanks for all the hard work, I am really enjoying using Emby after years of XBMC and short stint with Plex.  You guys have an incredible product!

Edited by jjspierx
  • Like 1

jjspierx

Yep, which is why I assumed I got an SSL error before when connecting that I could just ignore, and now it seems to disallow them completely.

Edited by jjspierx
  • Like 1

iam4uk

For about the last 4 months, every update is as likely to render the application unusable as to keep it usable. That makes it impossible to rely on this app.

What might be done to get this thing stable enough to recommend to others, or to use, within the next few months?

For about the last 4 months, every update is as likely to render the application unusable as to keep it usable. That makes it impossible to rely on this app.

What might be done to get this thing stable enough to recommend to others, or to use, within the next few months?

Everything from up until a few weeks ago was built by a third party developer. It was not our code and we were never able to rely on it. Anytime you reported problems we were a bit powerless because we knew that many of them required a complete overhaul to fix. Now this is our code, and the best thing you can do is participate by providing regular feedback. Join the beta group, or if you'd rather not do that, provide constructive criticism to help improve the app, as opposed to not reporting them, getting frustrated and them coming in and ranting about it every so often, because that doesn't help the community.

• Like 1

Here is what it looks like on my phone.  Is there any way to remove that counter and have the pause button there?  I did some digging around in the code and according to the code it should show the pause button when the notification is collapsed but for some reason the play time duration is there.  I even tried removing all of the setUsesChronometer and compiling but the thing still showed.

5591b948928f3_Screenshot_20150629152312.

Is this local playback or remote control? I've got sync and a custom video player on my plate right now, so you'll have to keep investigating this if you want to improve it. The reason I ask about local/remote is because the notifications are built by different Services.

kjp4756

Is this local playback or remote control? I've got sync and a custom video player on my plate right now, so you'll have to keep investigating this if you want to improve it. The reason I ask about local/remote is because the notifications are built by different Services.

It's remote playback I'm doing.  The code I was looking at earlier was for local audio playback.  I didn't realize remote playback had it's own notification stuff. 

From what I can tell by the code, the notification setup for remote playback is more on the simple side with no settings specified like it is for local playback.  It should be as simple as adding a pause button.  B

I'll keep looking it to this.  I need something to do.

Thanks.

local playback has both the time and pause button in mini mode, so remote should just be adjusted to match it. see MediaService and adjust RemotePlayerService. They're separate because MediaService will soon inherit from the new MediaBrowserService which can expose content to other android apps. so i think it would be tricky to combine them.

• Like 1

ThEoPatrizi

Hi guys, I'm having some trouble while trying to use with Chromecast.

I'm looking out for some configuration tutorial or something like that but did not find any.

Please, can some one give me a help with the configs?

Regards!

RSAvenell

Not sure if I'm just missing something. I am running the android app on an LGG3. Previously, it was able to see all of my folders, etc. Now when I launch and connect to my server, it is just black. I can see the links to HOME, NEXT UP, FAVIRITES, etc. and I can access settings, but I can not see anything on my server to select or play.

I had tried the most recent beta, and then reverted to latest stable, and no change in the Android app.

Anyone else seeing the same things?

Here's a link to a screenshot.

http://imgur.com/5rrztzL

Not sure if I'm just missing something. I am running the android app on an LGG3. Previously, it was able to see all of my folders, etc. Now when I launch and connect to my server, it is just black. I can see the links to HOME, NEXT UP, FAVIRITES, etc. and I can access settings, but I can not see anything on my server to select or play.

I had tried the most recent beta, and then reverted to latest stable, and no change in the Android app.

can you grab a log from the device?

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/15638-how-to-report-an-android-problem/

thanks.

jjspierx

I have seen that happen a time or two.  I force close the app and re-open it to fix it.  It is common that I see that blank screen for the first few seconds while the app is still loading.

Deihmos

I pray one day I can use this app remotely without any issues. It is a hit or miss. I've had a few lock ups and media refusing to play or just stop paying. The slider makes it extremely difficult to get to a point in the video and resume almost never works. I am beginning to think the issues are with the server because the previous also had playback issues.

The new video player we're building info the app dramatically changes the experience. Hopefully we'll be able to get it releases this week

• Like 2