Android Mobile

Redshirt

@@hsran, please log into your emby server dashboard. Is the remote address displayed here the same one that you used when manually entering the static ip and port? Thanks.

Yes the remote WAN has the same ip:port.

In your emby server dashboard, does your user have a cloud icon showing?

Yes and I can see the server after logging into my Emby Connect account.

edit:

Re-installing Emby server sorted it out.

Cheers!

Edited by hsran

• 3 weeks later...
computerprep

Would it be possible to add a refresh button to the Android app on the Home page? Like a page pull refresh?

@@Luke, you said you like this idea last year... any updates? Should we start a new feature request thread for this?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
grizlyadams

Can anyone explain this ? I was wondering why it was taking over 4days to download one episode.... seems it was downloading one episode 5 times and it's not done yet. [emoji15]e78585c2c92bde33085b57b16dc8ad5f.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Edited by grizlyadams

There probably was a failure during the download. There are still some improvements we need to make in responding to this better with large downloads. Thanks.

grizlyadams

I had about 20 TV episodes from different series set to download...after the mess with the first one above, the Emby-offline Android client appears to have decided it's had enough and hasn't downloaded anything after that.....

grizlyadams

This topic has grown to a point where it's not an efficient place for troubleshooting anymore. Please see how to report a problem we'll be happy to help. Thanks !

Sorry, not really here to spend a load of time collating logs and time frames. I'm travelling and am having problems with the app - I'm not going to schedule some time when I get back to recreate the problem so I can accurately figure the time frame. Nor am I trying to raise a fault ticket that needs answering. Maybe if the app was free I'd find the time to do that - given your first response, I'm just reporting what's happening for info.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
grizlyadams

So, trying again to download in the android app (glutton for punishment but hoping something has been done to make downloads better.)

I tentatively set 4 episodes to download... was going well, there was a progress bar in the notification area indicating the progress of 3 of the downloads. I'm sitting in the same seat, neither the phone or me have moved, the WiFi signal is 100%. Each download got about half way thru and the progress indicator in the notification area disappeared. I looked at the downloads in the app - only 1 downloading and is at 0% !!!!!!! Then 10 minutes later the progress bar appears again the the notification area again .

Please, can we just have a download now button. As in, right now, high priority, with progress bar. Not in the background at some point with no control. Remove the intelligence and make it simple and manual?

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Music sync is broken again.

Checked server, checked phone, authorizations, nor the download nor sync option works.

I now have a nice empty (i deleted the already synced musics thinking it was the problem) music folder for my travels, well...

Still have space on phone (14Gb in internal memory, I don't think my about 40 songs to sync takes such place)

Things changed, I can't even have the choice where in the internal space i want to download my files.

No logs in com.mb android folder, logs on the server, I saw nothing about sync error.

I'm on 4G so enough bandwith (speedtest gives me about 30Mb).

Tried to launch manually by clicking on convert media planned task, but nothing on the phone and the download status stays on "ready for transfer (SO DL IF IT'S READY FFS)"

And it all begins by a track that I want to synchronize with the already existent ones.

This is not the 1st time since I use emby and i'm beginning to be pissed of to monthly pay for an option that does not work...

Please try again with the next update to the app. Thanks.

And there's no workaround? (instead of manually grab the files and copying them myself?)

And there's no workaround? (instead of manually grab the files and copying them myself?)

Found one.

Downgraded to a working version (august one)

It downloads...to the android/data/com.mb.android folder... without choice to a custom path.

So my default phone player can't reach the files, as VLC....

Finally found the option to have a custom path.

It's transfering.

Edited by s7relok

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
elpoolet

Hi the EmbyTeam

It seems the App isn't available for all countries.

I live in Guadeloupe, a French Territory in the Carribean, but the PlayStore tells me that the "article isn't availabble in my country".

Please, can you publish the app for all countries without restrictions ?

Many Thanks

I thought we had already but we'll take a look. The apks are also available on our website.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Figment123456

Is there a wake on lan option for Emby? Read there is on android mobile but I see no option when selecting server 

Screenshot_20200812-171751.png