Android Mobile

Redshirt

A new staged release is slowly in process of rolling out. You can see there is a heavy focus on the sync UI now with the new "Make Available Offline" toggles. There is still a ways to go with offline sync, but it is the primary focus of the app right now so you can expect rapid development on it from here on out.

Additionally, there are major performance improvements in this new version, both as it pertains to data loading performance, as well as swiping/scrolling performance, and more use of animation. I think you guys will enjoy that.

As always please leave your feedback because it is the primary factor that drives our development. Thanks.

• Like 2

With the latest beta server and latest version of the app, the downloads and notifications should always be immediate now. If you're running the stable server no need to worry, the improvement will come to you soon enough.

• Like 1

anderbytes

Just a small plus... is it possible to show de % sync of that item in the notification?

Just a small plus... is it possible to show de % sync of that item in the notification?

Yea I'll add that soon to the notification.

• Like 1

MSattler

Yea I'll add that soon to the notification.

Like the notification, and I think % would help.   If it doesn't complete this time around, will it pause and complete later?  I've seen it try to sync multiple times today but I leave and come back.  And the timer always start running letting me know how long it's been running.

Just trying to figure out how it works.

Thanks!

2.7.58 has been released and adds a progress bar to the offline download notifications. Now it displays the % downloaded so you can get an idea of how long it will take. 

It's really nice because now you can see and track the progress of your offline downloads:

57b89a391dc0e_Screenshot_20160820033259.

• Like 2

There are some experimental changes in the open beta version and everyone is invited to leave your feedback and help shape our decision making. We are looking at dropping the hamburger menu in favor bottom tabs that slide in and out as you scroll. If you'd like to try it out please jump on the open beta:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/24350-android-open-beta-testing/

Then you can leave your feedback in the testing area:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/37766-android-mobile-2744/

Enjoy.

• Like 1

Nice look Luke. One issue - selecting Metadata Manager from the bottom right hamburger menu gives this error:

Application Error

There was a network error. (File:///android_asset/www#!/metadatamanager.html).

Repeats every time i try.

cheers

Hi, just testing the great new navigation. I can't bring up Metadata Manager either from the hamburger or from Manage Server /Metadata Manager, I don't get any errors just a black Emby window. Android Emby version : 2.7.63

Sent from my Sony Z3

Nice look Luke. One issue - selecting Metadata Manager from the bottom right hamburger menu gives this error:

Application Error

There was a network error. (File:///android_asset/www#!/metadatamanager.html).

Repeats every time i try.

cheers

Hey Luke, now updated to 2.7.64, the error msg has gone away but i'm just getting a black screen.

cheers

Latchmor

Hi Luke, when viewing the guide the new bottom menu and guide navigation/date selector are on top of each other. Ver 2.7.66

Cheers

57c87bef96807_Screenshot_20160901200213.

Latchmor

2.7.68 sorted thanks Luke. I like the new bottom menu by the way, meant to say earlier  ;)

Hi Luke, when viewing the guide the new bottom menu and guide navigation/date selector are on top of each other. Ver 2.7.66

Cheers

Thanks for the report.

• Like 1

The new bottom tab-based navigation is slowly rolling out to the stable channel. Thanks to everyone who help test it. Please make sure to leave your feedback about it. Thanks !

• Like 1

I vote to keep the hamburger navigation as it matches the web version and it matches the android design guidlines better.

Any idea if the video player is going to get the ability to remember the video playback location? If you get a call or text or for any reason leave the video window it will always start from the beginning of the video again.

Great work on the app.

I vote to keep the hamburger navigation as it matches the web version and it matches the android design guidlines better.

Any idea if the video player is going to get the ability to remember the video playback location? If you get a call or text or for any reason leave the video window it will always start from the beginning of the video again.

Great work on the app.

Thanks for the feedback. Much of the inspiration actually came from Google+, which actually uses both a hamburger and bottom tab navigation. but have you seen this?

http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/15/11236152/material-design-update-bottom-navigation-bar

It looks like they will be going in that direction in their apps as well.