Android Mobile

Redshirt

Thanks for the feedback. Much of the inspiration actually came from Google+, which actually uses both a hamburger and bottom tab navigation. but have you seen this?

http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/15/11236152/material-design-update-bottom-navigation-bar

It looks like they will be going in that direction in their apps as well. 

I have not used G+ in a while so explains that one :) I guess once it goes mainstream I will get used to it. Would it be hard to keep both? Seems the manage server section still has hamburger navigation and due to the number of selections should probably stay that way. Seems more fluid if there will be hamburger navigation in one section to keep it in others as well.  

I have not used G+ in a while so explains that one :) I guess once it goes mainstream I will get used to it. Would it be hard to keep both? Seems the manage server section still has hamburger navigation and due to the number of selections should probably stay that way. Seems more fluid if there will be hamburger navigation in one section to keep it in others as well.  

I see what you're saying but that's really a secondary function of the app. I wouldn't want the entire app to be forced to do one thing or another based on that.

• 2 weeks later...

How can i connect to a server ?

Hi, welcome. Take a look at our Quick Start guide.

Short answer - you need your own server or you need to connect to a friend's server. Thanks !

• 3 weeks later...

For those running the open beta I've added support for palette colors, which adds a nice touch. Please let me know your feedback on that.

5803e369384e3_Screenshot_20161016162539.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Just looking to collect some feedback on many of the recent interface changes. You may have noticed increased spacing throughout the app just to make content easier to read.

Also there is more use of the color palettes within card titles. Lastly, now that we've had the bottom tabs for a little while, how would you compare them vs. the hamburger menu? Thanks !

CBers

Personally, I don't like the tabs at the bottom.

I prefer and use the mobile version of the server instead.

• Like 1

anderbytes

I don't know how hard would be to allow users to choose between the scrollable left-panel, and the current one.

Both have it's benefits

• Like 1

Latchmor

Yeah I like the bottom menu. To be honest, at the moment I really only use the app to check the dashboard for any updates or do some manual scans. For the hamburger menu, if you had a choice of which side, I'd put it right and prefer that instead of the bottom one. Easier for one handed use when right handed but that's hardly a deal breaker  ;)

I quite like it. It would be even better if the menus weren't crashing the app. Still doing it with 2.8.24 beta. :(

• 4 weeks later...
anderbytes

I'm having some bugs in my playback experience:

- Subtitle are being shown in the middle of the screen, not in the bottom

- Sometimes the Emby logo that appears at the start of the playback doesn't disappear. It stays there during the playback

shorty1483

I'm a new user. So i don't know ho to use this app. But i want to use the app. And don't know how can i ge a server.

You should really read the whole wiki from beginning. Every question is answered there.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki

Edit: Just recognized the post is 3 months old  :huh:  :mellow:

Edited by shorty1483

• 2 weeks later...
anderbytes

Thanks for the report. We'll take a look.

The subtitles are okay again, but the logo issue still remains.

Could you reproduce it?