Emby Theater

Luke

AdrianW

As I've started using the built in player instead of an external player the first thing my wife does is complain about the OSD.

She watches lots of stuff with subs, and she often skips back to re-read subs by using the left arrow - but if she accidentally hits up at the same time the OSD appears overlaying the subs she's trying to read.

I'm pretty sure I've made this suggestion before - but could the up and down arrows, which make the OSD appear, make it disappear if it's already on screen?

-edit-

Found my old request.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

To @@denz and our other international friends, there's a new display setting that will allow you to have a separate datetime format setting from the display language. 

59f623129d036_Untitled.png

Enjoy.

• Like 1

Starlionblue

To @@denz and our other international friends, there's a new display setting that will allow you to have a separate datetime format setting from the display language. 

59f623129d036_Untitled.png

Enjoy.

Sweet!

It's a very nice improvement because I do prefer english as a display language but prefer the international standards for date/time but...

I can only see the new "Date time locale".  That means that I can not change the display language.

The "Display language:" field  is not there (hidden by the new field?).  Apart from reinstalling, what could I do/check to fix it?

It's a very nice improvement because I do prefer english as a display language but prefer the international standards for date/time but...

I can only see the new "Date time locale".  That means that I can not change the display language.

The "Display language:" field  is not there (hidden by the new field?).  Apart from reinstalling, what could I do/check to fix it?

Try installing the latest version from the website on top of your existing install. Let us know if this helps. Thanks.

I really like the new bigger fonts it looks much nicer now. Now some other items that are needed and these should be purely for live tv recordings. The useful info that is needed is date and time when  the recording take place and what channel it is on. Don't know why the description is different for this example. Ability to have a series recording will come in very handy.

I gave a try of the display subtitles and it doesn't do anything for tv recordings.

In wmc if you press mute button subtitles turn on automatically used it few times when I am on the phone.   

It would be good if we can get back the starting soon shows rather than just shows this is just a reminder.

Go back to horizontal views how it was in the first instalment of theatre. 

5a01109a3630e_Capture.png

5a0110aecfe89_Capture2.png

I am noticing recently there is much more of recordings without a thumbnail. 

5a0112b362d9b_Capture4.png

• Like 1

In wmc if you press mute button subtitles turn on automatically used it few times when I am on the phone.   

That's a neat trick. What happens when you unmute, are the subtitles automatically turned off?

AdrianW

That's a neat trick. 

A neat trick on the AppleTV is pressing the Siri button and saying "what did he say?" and it automatically skips back about 20 seconds, turns on subs, plays for about 30 seconds and turns the subs back off again.

I remember seeing the MCE subs come on when pressing mute once or twice - but many people will be using their TV or receiver for volume control and the "mute" command on their remote would be for the TV or receiver not ET.

Edited by AdrianW

As soon as you press unmute subtitles turn off and audio turns on. It is one of those features that you discover by accident. 

Spaceboy

They really put a lot of thought into WMC

any ui or functionality design questions should always be answered by, what did wmc do?
  • Like 5

The issue of the automatic subtitles when muting is what happens if the change of subtitles also requires a change of stream (e.g. switch to/from transcoding). I think for many this would be undesirable.

So then the next question is well, should we toggle the subtitles automatically as long as the change of stream is NOT required - and yes we can do that, but then we have to deal with users reporting issues over the inconsistency.

• Like 1

AdrianW

... should we toggle the subtitles automatically as long as the change of stream is NOT required...

Aren't the majority of ET users using the desktop version locally? And therefore will be direct playing.

AdrianW

Is there any way I can get ET to startup faster and once started to populate the home screen images faster?

Often, after finally getting to the home screen, a bunch of the TV show posters are just blank for an extended period (10 - 15 seconds) before popping into view.

• Like 1

Before new features are added we need the basics fixed

1) TV guide to not go all over the place

2) Deleting a single recording to not to take you to series screen.

3) that there is a consistency either vertical views or horizontal views I totally dislike vertical on the TV recordings screen is horizontal all movies are vertical live TV recordings inside live TV are vertical again. Plex has got the right idea they use horizontal views but it is still way behind Emby and way behind wmc. I want to make it clear I am not against vertical views because the work on my phone just not on the TV.

4) restore back the upcoming shows or starting soon.

5) when you watch a recording that it stays at the position you were at not to take you to beginning of the recordings page.

Some of those things were there in the first instalment of theatre and when I seen it I said this software has potential to replace wmc it will of course take a fair bit of time but now it has gone the wrong way.

Mopar_Mudder

Is there any way I can get ET to startup faster and once started to populate the home screen images faster?

Often, after finally getting to the home screen, a bunch of the TV show posters are just blank for an extended period (10 - 15 seconds) before popping into view.

Well yours is faster then mine LOL

Edited by Mopar_Mudder

Haven't seen that. 

muppets4

Did not see that either. On none of my systems. TV's, low powered pc's, tablets etc. Are you sure your PC is up for the task? Do you let your harddrives fall back to stand by?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

AdrianW

Did not see that either. On none of my systems. TV's, low powered pc's, tablets etc. Are you sure your PC is up for the task? Do you let your harddrives fall back to stand by?

It's an I5 NUC with an SSD and 8GB RAM and intel HD5000 iGPU. My libraries are on a NAS, and there's a delay even when the drives are fully spun up.

I do have Emby server and ET running on the same NUC, but I'd expect that to make image display faster not slower.

I just ran ET on my main desktop (pointing at the NUC server) and it displayed pretty quickly.

Edited by AdrianW

muppets4

It's an I5 NUC with an SSD and 8GB RAM and intel HD5000 iGPU. My libraries are on a NAS, and there's a delay even when the drives are fully spun up.

I do have Emby server and ET running on the same NUC, but I'd expect that to make image display faster not slower.

I just ran ET on my main desktop (pointing at the NUC server) and it displayed pretty quickly.

Wasn't there an option on the server side to store images locally?

AdrianW

Wasn't there an option on the server side to store images locally?

I thought so, but I can only find: a "Download images in advance" setting below each library and I already have all those checked.

Starlionblue

What network connection are you running to the NAS?

I have mine on a NAS and there's sometimes a bit of delay. Not 10-15 seconds though.