Emby Theater

Luke

Some new features headed up:

- The image uploader dialog is now available. Now if you use the image editor you'll also be able to use the uploader and will no longer be greeted with a prompt that says "coming soon to Emby Theater."

- An expanded set of general playback settings. Specifically, some new settings are available for your enjoyment:

• Quality settings are now broken out into three - home network video quality, internet streaming quality, and internet streaming quality for music

- The "enable next video info" setting is now exposed in Emby Theater.

Have fun.

• Like 2

Just an FYI, the ctrl+u combo was super annoying for someone with a slightly older harmony.  I have a 520 and none of the windows MCE keyboard devices have the ctrl+u combo available.  I ended up having to use a 3rd party key remapper to get it working on my setup.  There are some other ones such as ctrl+t or something would work

Edited by mentasm

Yea but i think it makes sense to adopt windows media center conventions since so many remotes have mimicked them over the years. Thanks for the feedback.

I guess we have to learn about those buttons first. Do they actually generate keypress events or are they like the green button where they require registry hacks?

• 2 weeks later...
Starlionblue

In my Harmony setup, I have the HTPC set up as the device "Microsoft Windows Media Center SE". Unfortunately the CTRL+U combination does not show up as available. There is a "Subtitle" keypress but it doesn't seem to do anything in Emby Theater.

Should I be using "Microsoft Windows Media Center SE" as the template or something else for my Harmony setup?

Starlionblue

@@Starlionblue if memory servers, yes, Microsoft Windows Media Center SE is the best available profile.

Thanks. Still struggling with how to implement subtitle switching as a key mapping on my Harmony though. CTRL+U is not an available mapping in the profile, and the "Subtitles" command seems to have no effect. Anyone else have success?

Edited by Starlionblue

We do not yet have zooming settings in the UI, although you could do this with a custom mpv.conf file.

When you watch a recording from live tv section and go back it takes you back to the first recording not to the position you just were I think that is in all libraries. 

I gave plex a try since you hear so much about it here I have never heard about it before and it is actually very good at least the basics are working you record a show go back you are back in recordings screen not taken to series screen. Plex uses horizontal layout and it looks so much better, it has upcoming shows both things that theater had at the start and now it was replaced by shows which is no use and vertical layout which doesn't look nice on a wide screen tv. It is a polished app things are working as they should it doesn't have a guide so it wasn't much use but it looks like it will get it soon theater has a sort of guide that doesn't function properly but it is still better than nothing so all my scheduled recordings are made using web client and occasionally using theater tv guide. 

I have been reporting many issues but they all seem to have fallen on death ears and you get the feeling that the devs are not using the app since it doesn't seem to bother them to get the bugs squashed.  

@@denz, you're aware that "Shows" is the same thing that "Upcoming Shows" was, except with now playing shows at the beginning right?

I am confused now on now it should be what is on right now in the shows I have what is on now as you can see by the progress bar that they are actually on now so how can they be upcoming or next when they have a progress bar.  

59ed8515e3cf7_Capture.png

Ok @@denz, sorry, my mistake. I forgot about that particular view. Yes i see what you're saying here.

In the web app it's different because you can see more than 8 per section, and you can also click More to view all of them. In this horizontal home screen there's no way to do that.

AdrianW

I just gave 2.9.3 a go and, at this early stage, the TV shows that used to give me issues with frames being dropped (mostly 30 and 60 fps content) played smoothly.

Well done guys  :)

Just noticed a post was put up for LG and in that post for live tv it has upcoming programs that is exactly what I was asking in the prior post and that was very useful much useful than the current shows. For recordings you have a backdrop for friends and that is what some of the users have been asking if we have no issues with it in the web client not sure why theatre does not use the same backdrop. There are occasions where it picks the wrong series because it is not looking at all the fields or when it only has a coloured tile it does that as well in theatre currently.

At least it could be tried and see what the feedback will be like.

59efed7a9b1a6_561bc57e1fec4_7.png