Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

GhostRider

Thanks man! And apologies again, I just realised how badly I wrote that! I meant two long illnesses of others leading to their deaths. I'm gladly healthier than ever, just a little troubled by losses of loved ones. Back to it now and getting on top of things that fell to the sides. :-)

No need for apologies, there are more important things in life: Family and Friends come first.

• 2 weeks later...
Crestj

You know the sign of a quality plugin when you've been without it for a while (and didn't really notice) and now some new TV series have appeared in Emby with no audio or video backdrop when you go into them and it's AWFUL!

The horror of just a static backdrop!

TBH I was close to just stop using Emby until this plugin comes back ;)

Edited by Crestj

Sammy

I thought it was just not functional on my new ShieldTV or the SamsungTV app I've been using.. I guess it just needs to be re-built for the .net Core version of Emby or did I miss something else? Really like this and looking forward to it working again.

CBers

I thought it was just not functional on my new ShieldTV or the SamsungTV app I've been using.. I guess it just needs to be re-built for the .net Core version of Emby or did I miss something else? Really like this and looking forward to it working again.

It's a server-side plugin, so all clients benefit.

@@radeon will release once he has updated them for the .net environment.

• Like 1

It's a server-side plugin, so all clients benefit.

@@radeon will release once he has updated them for the .net environment.

Well, that's not really the case as not all clients can support things like video backdrops right now (the Shield does not).

Eventually, they all should.

radeon

Sorry guys! Gut my dates mixed up, one of the funerals was middle of the week so been a little off grid still. All should be settled down now so expect a release soon. 

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
da1stprince

I didn't realize how much i would miss these plugins.. looking forward to getting them operational again!. thanks for you hard work always

radeon

Just as a quick update for all of those wanting my plugins back and whilst not the only contributing reasons for the delays, the head devs of emby are requesting I sign an NDA. From my very loose understanding, unfortunately, there is some idiot out their trying to cause grief to the core of emby which I won't go into any details of as I don't want to advertise their stupid efforts.

With that, the head devs seem to have been forced to make some changes to what they make available to the likes of plugin devs like me.

In comes the NDA... Whilst I've had plenty of experience with them in the past for other things, the NDA seems way to far outside of the scope of whats is relevant to my plugins so unless it can be cut down to be more specific, I'll probably just implement my own licence method as used in my other plugins. 

I'm just waiting on an answer from them as to how we proceed as I guess they could reject my plugins from catalog from now on, I can't see that that makes any sense for them to do so, but you never know. 

Please can you all just take this as an Info only post and not weigh in on it. I totally understand the head devs reasons for requesting the signing but it just needs to be more specific to the plugins and not full scope of emby. 

Cheers!

• Like 9

So possibillty these plugins wont return??

No.  I'm pretty sure Radeon is committed to providing the functionality.  We're trying to work out something that works for all of us.

Thanks.

GhostRider

No.  I'm pretty sure Radeon is committed to providing the functionality.  We're trying to work out something that works for all of us.

Thanks.

Very much hope so. One of the strengths of Emby is the open community which should encourage developers to add functionality via Plugins. One thing I have noticed is the plug-ins and add-ons are slowly decreasing over time - not a good sign.

JDizzy

A question....

Which apps/clients support the backdrops?

I know Windows Emby Theater does but what others?

Thanks

The web app, Emby for WMC, Emby for Android, Emby for iOS. It is not always enabled by default though so make sure to check the settings of the app.

radeon

Just as a little update for everyone, to those asking if these plugins are dead or soon will be. The answer is NO, they will be making a return, as ebr has already said, "We're trying to work out something that works for all of us." 

Just hang with us whilst we work it out and they'll be back soon :-)

• Like 6

aspdend

Just as a little update for everyone, to those asking if these plugins are dead or soon will be. The answer is NO, they will be making a return, as ebr has already said, "We're trying to work out something that works for all of us." 

Just hang with us whilst we work it out and they'll be back soon :-)

Great to know Radeon...been a long time user and fan of your plugins and they are an essential tool for me.

• Like 1

InnKeepNY

I'm not sure where to post this. As of 04/13/18 the plugins are showing up on my Synology NAS. When I installed Movie Theme Videos as a test I am getting the following error:

Method 'MediaBrowser.Common.Security.ISecurityManager.get_IsMBSupporter' not found.

I probably should have waited for a public announcement but thought I'd let ya'll know. I do have a supporter key.

I'm not sure where to post this. As of 04/13/18 the plugins are showing up on my Synology NAS. When I installed Movie Theme Videos as a test I am getting the following error:

Method 'MediaBrowser.Common.Security.ISecurityManager.get_IsMBSupporter' not found.

I probably should have waited for a public announcement but thought I'd let ya'll know. I do have a supporter key.

I think that is still the older version. I'm not sure that they've actually been updated yet.

InnKeepNY

I think that is still the older version. I'm not sure that they've actually been updated yet.

Luke -

I'm not sure - just showed up today and been running the NAS for a few months now. No worries I just wanted you guys to have a heads up.