Beta 3.1.0

7illusions

Beardyname

Yeah i noticed, that's why i noticed the cancellation thing. I added a 10 min clip of spongebob instead, and also an album.

Beardyname

Trying to locate where it saves it's data to now, offline playing with music worked like a charm.

*edit* there we go, time to try and make the app sad :)

crap the app beat me, removing stuff made it try and connect to the server and it got playback that way. But it removed the "local access" icon from the removed files.

Edited by Beardyname

7 is working on a new update so i have a feeling that paricular test may current not work out so well. but we'll see. for those wondering what he's referring to, once you've gone through the basics of sync, these are some test cases that we'd like to cover:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/15548-beta-310/?p=174876

By the way, there are two client-side modes to be aware of

• If you're connected to the server and you play content that is stored locally, the local version will be played. This is kind of like an "online sync".
  • If you sign out completely, you can then sign into the app offline without a server. This uses the new Easy Pin Code feature from the server, which for usability purposes is blank by default. But you can add a pin which will allow user-content to be restricted just as if you were connected to the server.

AgileHumor

MB Connect Issues:

MB Connect: Couldn't select any media (crash) but home page loaded

Local Connection (IP/Port):  Worked OK to get to a movie and play

In General

In general, about 25% of any action causes the app to crash.  I have 1000+ movies and 180 series/5000 episodes if large libraries are issue.

How to I provide logs for Win8 app?

Beardyname

hmm it looks like it does not want to transfer video files, however it transfers Music files without a problem, it just sits there doing the "Ready to transfer"

It's getting a bit late here, I will check back tomorrow with the update.

*edit*

I checked the sync folder on the server, and the episode has been added there and playbacks as it should. It just never gets transferred to the 8.1 machine.

Edited by Beardyname

Beardyname

the sync process should not be expected to be immediate. it takes time.

Good, I'll leave the machine running overnight so we will know if I'm buggy in the morning :)

7illusions

New build is up .211

Nuget updates and SyncJob maintenace. (Mainpage -> UserIcon -> My Prefferences -> Sync)

Hi to all the new folds BTW.

I'm dead tired atm and wll hit the sack. Be back in 5-6 hours to check out the testing progress :)

• Like 2

hmm it looks like it does not want to transfer video files, however it transfers Music files without a problem, it just sits there doing the "Ready to transfer"

It's getting a bit late here, I will check back tomorrow with the update.

*edit*

I checked the sync folder on the server, and the episode has been added there and playbacks as it should. It just never gets transferred to the 8.1 machine.

I have the same no transfer issue. Had music/videos Ready to Transfer for hours. Here's a log for a single mp3.

Edit: When accessing sync via User-My Preferences-Sync everything was transferred. Maybe that's the key step I had missed?

server-63558934096.txt

Edited by Pais

bennymac

I seem to have similar issues as others. I'm on dev 3.0.5516.36882 and have build .211 on my surface2.

Sync jobs are being created just fine and get to a completed status after a while.

However, even on a single mp3 sync job it doesn't get passed "Ready to transfer" I have left the tablet on all day and i'll continue to do so to see if the status changes..

When I close the app on my Surface and reopen it I do get an indicator that stays on 50% and the dashboard will display "Transferring" but after a few minutes it disappears.

On occasion i'll get a failed message on the app when reopening it.

Attached is the latest log of the event. If the log isn't enough let us know.

log.txt

Edited by bennymac

I seem to have similar issues as others. I'm on dev 3.0.5516.36882 and have build .211 on my surface2.

Sync jobs are being created just fine and get to a completed status after a while.

However, even on a single mp3 sync job it doesn't get passed "Ready to transfer" I have left the tablet on all day and i'll continue to do so to see if the status changes..

When I close the app on my Surface and reopen it I do get an indicator that stays on 50% and the dashboard will display "Transferring" but after a few minutes it disappears.

On occasion i'll get a failed message on the app when reopening it.

Attached is the latest log of the event. If the log isn't enough let us know.

In your case I see a 401 response

2015-02-08 15:46:50.0376 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP Response 401 to 10.0.0.31. Response time: 46.8 ms.

You can't explicitly sign out or the sync process will not be authorized. did you do that? you can close or minimize the app, but you can't sign out.

bennymac

Also just as a general rule of thumb, please always post complete log files instead of snippets.

Cool, i'll post full logs from now on. I didn't sign out as such but I did select Offline in the app to see if any synced content was there..

Edit:

Question. Is closing the app equivalent to signing out?

Also, other than monitoring the sync folder on the device how do we confirm that sync has complete successfully? Is it planned that the apps will display some sort of icon on the media when it is available offline?

Edited by bennymac

7illusions

Closing the app is not similar to signing out. If you sign out the background downloads will fail.

Offline indicators already exists, just go to a album, details view, ilan you'll see a blue indicator in front of each song that's synced. ( Same goes for movies and episodes)

bennymac

Closing the app is not similar to signing out. If you sign out the background downloads will fail.

Offline indicators already exists, just go to a album, details view, ilan you'll see a blue indicator in front of each song that's synced. ( Same goes for movies and episodes)

Thanks for the info, good to know.... in my testing I haven't been able to get to the point of getting the sync job back to the client. In every attempt the app gives me a "failed" notification.

On the server end the job remains "transferring" or "queued"

Attached is my full server log from my Dev machine.

Thanks.

server log.txt

Beardyname

back and fresh at it :)

So i installed the server update and also the app update, music syncs like a charm videos are still "stuck" in the ready to transfer mode.

dug around in the app folders a bit and found loads of files like this : Log - ERROR - RtLogger - 20150208 115356 - 90

here is the full paste : http://pastebin.com/Z4jW3w0d  It starts with "ServerSync" failed so I'm guessing it's kinda relevant?

Interesting to note, in the "LocalState --> Sync --> "servername"  --> TV" folder lies the episode i tried to sync, however the format of this one is .mkv while in the sync folder on the server the same video clip is .mp4 they both are the same size so it looks like it's the same clip?  (clip on the server is in an .mkv container and is larger than both of the "sync" ones)

While i have a clip on the machine the app and the server still tells me it's not synced.

Attaching the serverlog and the regular app log as well.

Log - 20150208.log

server-63558996762.txt

Ok, had to cancel the sync process as MBS is crashing at the moment and my first movie never completed.

Restarting MBS doesn't fix.  Need to end all FFMPEG processes, then MBS wil start without crashing. 

http://pastebin.com/863pDfJJ

there's no crash there. that is the startup log from after trying to startup again.

This is definitely a known issue with the server (I reported in the dev section a few weeks ago).  If any ffmpeg instances are stranded by a previous server version, the server will not start until those are manually killed via task manager.  It manifests itself as a connection error and then moves on to cause a crash later down the road.  I stumbled on the fact that it was related to ffmpeg by accident but that is definitely what it is.

I'm running MB3 on my i7 win 8.1 notebook in testing at the moment.

Could install but not run client on the same computer running the server (known issue?)

Client installed on Surface Pro 2.

On the client I see a little circle icon next to the search box and it's showing 50%.

Each movie or show I tried to sync showes QUEUED in the blue bar.

I selected HIGH for quality and since my source is already MP4 with AAC it appears it skipped the transcode process and is just going to use the "raw" files.

On the server it goes from queued to transferring but never get's any further than transferring.

Carlo

PS Let me know what else to try if anything.

server-63558963563.txt

7illusions

I'm running MB3 on my i7 win 8.1 notebook in testing at the moment.

Could install but not run client on the same computer running the server (known issue?)

Solution:: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/4360-howto-runnning-server-and-app-on-the-same-machine/

BTW, on the windows 8.1 client, where will the files get synced to?

By defautt they are stored in the apps local storage. You can change this by bringing out the Charms menu, click settings -> Sync and selet a new location (Already synced data will remain on the old location)

I'm looking into the Video-sync error atm

7illusions

New build. .213 is up

Subtitle error during sync should now be fixed

Sync job maintenance moved from UserPreferences to it's own category. (Still under UserIcon though)

SyncJobs maintenance view now updates with realtime progress  for sync.. If you wan't to track syncing, here's where to look

Syncing now wroks GOOD for me, hope you all will have the same experience and that we can start finetuning UI. :)