Beta 3.1.0

7illusions

7illusions

New build .217

Just added logging to Offline authentication.

Add a easy pin to your user in dashboard

Start the app and wait for Syncing to complete.

Shut down app.

Start the app without network, click logout -> Skip -> AnyTime Sign In

Clear the app logs!!!

Select you user.

Enter your pin.

If it works: Good for you, it doesn't for me.

If not, look in the logs for the values and post the Login failed text here.

THANKS!!

AgileHumor

When trying to sync a movie with 217, I wasn't able to see a quality:

54ddbc742d725_AppSyncQuality.png

Also, when playing an offline movie (was able to finally sign on offline), it crashed when hitting the play button.

Sequence: 242
Date/time: 2015-02-13T08:55:08.8748273+00:00
Level: FATAL
Thread: 3
Logger: Application
------------------------
The application crashed: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: userId
------------------------
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: userId
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.ApiClient.<GetIntrosAsync>d__78.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.Service.PlaybackService.<AddIntros>d__5.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.Service.PlaybackService.<PlayItem>d__2.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.ViewModels.OfflineItemsViewModel.<PlaySelectedItem>d__4.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__4(Object state)
   at System.Threading.WinRTSynchronizationContext.Invoker.InvokeCore()
------------------------
Session: {"PackageArchitecture":"Neutral","PackageFullName":"436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_3.1.0.217_neutral__77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackagePublisher":"CN=CA9FBA89-9B8C-4501-9177-37B89E41D3FF","PackagePublisherId":"77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackageResourceId":"","PackageVersion":"3.1.0.217","InstallationId":"87f6a037-4a64-4906-a0cc-fa22168b6636"}

AgileHumor

App Sync jobs screen (from user icon top right), I got this crash when I clicked on the latest sync job item (a tv series) created about 30 second prior on the server

Sequence: 84
Date/time: 2015-02-13T09:03:43.3090176+00:00
------------------------
The application crashed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
------------------------
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MediaBrowser.ViewModels.SyncjobDetailsViewModel.<OnNavigatedTo>d__3.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__4(Object state)
------------------------
Session: {"PackageArchitecture":"Neutral","PackageFullName":"436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_3.1.0.217_neutral__77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackagePublisher":"CN=CA9FBA89-9B8C-4501-9177-37B89E41D3FF","PackagePublisherId":"77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackageResourceId":"","PackageVersion":"3.1.0.217","InstallationId":"87f6a037-4a64-4906-a0cc-fa22168b6636"}

7illusions

Did you have network or not when that happened?

If you are offline apiclient should be null and hence no GetIntroAsync should occur.. But there should always be a UserId, which is very strange.

Can you give a detailed description of the login flow? Thanks

AgileHumor

Did you have network or not when that happened?

Yes, I had it on my docking station (so using the Surface Docks hard ethernet).

User Icon -> Sync -> Clicking on a Sync media Item (coveting or synced)

Sequence: 487
Date/time: 2015-02-13T09:33:50.6830138+00:00
------------------------
------------------------
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MediaBrowser.ViewModels.SyncjobDetailsViewModel.<OnNavigatedTo>d__3.MoveNext()
------------------------

Note - I've switched from local logon to MB Connect since I first synced.  Second sync started after MB connect logon (both same user)

AgileHumor

Unrelated to last post, a crash (10% of time when screen saver kicks in)

Sequence: 113
Date/time: 2015-02-13T09:37:53.7828798+00:00
------------------------
The application crashed: One or more errors occurred.
------------------------
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.PortableHttpWebRequestFactory.<>c__DisplayClass5.<GetResponseAsync>b__4()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.Net.HttpWebRequestClient.<GetResponse>d__1.MoveNext()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.Net.HttpWebRequestClient.<GetResponse>d__1.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.Net.HttpWebRequestClient.<SendAsync>d__f.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.ApiClient.<SendAsync>d__55.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.ApiClient.<GetItemsAsync>d__99.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Views.ScreenSaverPage.<OnNavigatedTo>d__1.MoveNext()
------------------------

I've attached my own feedback on what i think would improve the TV screen.

I wrote freestyle over a screenshot so i had to just zip it up...but it would put a lot more content on the tv home screen which currently has a lot of free space.

8.zip

• Like 1

AgileHumor

Yes, I had it on my docking station (so using the Surface Docks hard ethernet).

User Icon -> Sync -> Clicking on a Sync media Item (coveting or synced)

Sequence: 487
Date/time: 2015-02-13T09:33:50.6830138+00:00
------------------------
------------------------
------------------------

Note - I've switched from local logon to MB Connect since I first synced.  Second sync started after MB connect logon (both same user)

Wanted to add opening it worked before I started a sync job (from the server).  I had one movie down and no sync jobs.  

I've started a long sync job (Game of Thrones) and it is in the "converting stage".  Could be unrelated but wanted to add.

AgileHumor

@@Luke, I just had a question about transcoding files.  I know where in the early stages but wanted to walk you through a scenario I had experienced after needing to uninstall/reinstall the app (sync drive path USB unlplugged)..

I had a large medium quality sync job for all of Game of Thrones episodes from 1080p Blue Ray MKV prior to re-installing the app.  It completed and I had all episodes (was going to test the remove from device on watched for large collections) synced.

I then re installed the app a two days later.  This created 2 devices to sync to with the same name.  I went to server devices to delete the older copy.

When I synced, it then only gave one option in the WebGUI to create a sync job for medium quality (same as before) and it is syncing the episodes after transcoding.

My questions is, it seemed to re-transcode a second time even though there was an older copy of files transcoded somewhere. In the current version, is every sync job a locked to that device OR can you share the transcoded files between devices (transcode once, use many)?

Maleficarum

Can't get the app to connect. Will ocassionally show it's detected my server but just shows connecting symbol which then disappears, does not recognise hostname either.

Hi,

7 just picked up a new album, new artist (for me). There are now two luminaries I know from Gothenberg :)  

Is does show a problem in 217 with the artist detail view,

54df59f06a1e5_Screenshot25.png

Something to add to the list.

Edit: The above is for a new artist only. Other artists are showing correctly.

Albums covers are also flakey on the album detail. First click to detail they are there, go back and then back to detail not there.

-Vicpa

Edited by Vicpa

7illusions

New build is up .218

Nuget updates.

The context menu has gotten a little further, Instant Mix, Shuffle and Queue has been added. (Works in Movie Details, Episode Details and the Touch version of Artist details)

Bugfixes

offline pin sign in working well for me with this update.

you just need to display an error message if it fails, but other than that, it's in good shape.

swhitmore

Hi @@Luke. I'm getting this error when selecting the 'Sync' tab from the dashboard.

Requested value 'InProgess' was not found.

Server Log

Hey, I still can't seem to get past this error, the sync tab isn't  working at all for me anymore. I've tried reinstalling the app, and removing it from the device list on MBS. It still seems to come up.

Edited by swhitmore

Hi,

Anytime seems to be working really well. I have synced music and tv. deleted individual songs both on the web and in the app and they show up correctly as removed from device.  

Only one problem. Can't seem to be able to stop music No "now playing" or mouse and keyboard playback controls. Video right click brings up control so all is well there.

The context menus are looking nice!. Like the icons (Always got to have one comment. The menu label could be a little smaller).

The context menus got me thinking... @@Luke (Don't hate me) The windows convention for the ellipse "More" icon is the dots horizontally.  Like in the app.

MS Outlook.

54e0cf4d4c9f5_el3.png

iTunes

54e0cf6819911_el2.png

Is it a big deal to change the icon in the web app for consistency? Just asking. (It would also make it easier the respond to questions, ie Bring up the More icon (...) )

7 Had a thought for you as well. On the main music page would it be possible to move the "New Albums" to the front of the flow or at least right after playlists? Right now it is playlists, artists, Albums, New Albums.

Thanks