Beta 3.1.0

7illusions

Hi All,

Ran into a few anomalies with .180 and Version 3.0.5488.1547

In the app can't seem to change servers or get to preferences. Tried all manner of uninstalls reinstalls, deleting devices and api keys on the server no luck.

Can't seem to find the sync button anymore. Used to be right click and at the bottom right(or am I crazy). Maybe related to above.

-connecting to the server via the web client is taking a long time.

Logs..

-- Log - 20150111.log

--Log - ERROR - RtLogger - 20150111 152829 - 27.log

--Log - ERROR - RtLogger - 20150111 152829 - 29.log

--server-63556568288.txt

thanks

-vicpa

swhitmore

I'm on the mines for the next few days, so wont be able to test syncing sorry. I will be able to test that the stuff I did sync works though. Looking forward to that.

Hi,

Ran into some display issues with collections... movies aren't displaying.

keyboard layout,

54b3ee3ce92b5_Screenshot7.png

Touch layout..

54b3ee71ed534_Screenshot8.png

Thanks

-vicpa

7illusions

New build (first post updated with link)

Got the Sync rootfolder selection working, bring out Charms-menu -> Settings -> Sync to chnnge.

Unfortunatly the server sync-feature is broken atm, but it will fixed soon.

Added some more to UserPreferences:

Added Play All and Shuffle All to Genres view for music and movies.

@@Vicpa I wasn't able to reproduce your boxset issue, everything works just fine for me. :(

UserPreferences

54b44a8f0c3c4_PrefView.png

• Like 1

Hi,

Sadly discovered collection problem. All my collection items disappeared along the way. Oddly except for the one which was locked, odder still using auto boxsets, which required a manual click from the plugin config page to repopulate the auto ones. :( . Hadn't touched collections in some time, But it is dev and stuff happens. Lots of moving parts so can't pin down when or what.

Can't really expect the client to display items that aren't there now can I.

Any thoughts on the can't logout, switch server etc? Two clients one works fine, other not. I looked at everything I can think of from security, install order, different users, same user. Only apparent difference is one is Win 8.1 home (that works) other is Win 8.1 pro (that doesn't). Can you point me in a direction to check.

Thanks,    

-vicpa

techywarrior

Still have the issue where clicking "ok" on the new user settings page does nothing. Clicking "cancel" makes the "my views" part disappear but doesn't close the page either.

Also, the user settings don't seem to actually be applied.

(on the stable server that was just pushed 3.0.5490.2)

7illusions

Still have the issue where clicking "ok" on the new user settings page does nothing. Clicking "cancel" makes the "my views" part disappear but doesn't close the page either.

Also, the user settings don't seem to actually be applied.

(on the stable server that was just pushed 3.0.5490.2)

The Changes are applied, but there's no indicator of it happening. (Yet)

If you change something and go into the webclient and check there you should see the change.

Pressing "Ok" or "Save", should it navigate away from the view?

techywarrior

The Changes are applied, but there's no indicator of it happening. (Yet)

If you change something and go into the webclient and check there you should see the change.

Pressing "Ok" or "Save", should it navigate away from the view?

I would expect if I press "cancel" that it would close the page (should basically be a back button). "Save" can either have some indicator to show it worked (which I guess you are working on) or can also close the page after the save is made. Typically you think of save/ok as save and close while apply is save and stay here.

I guess I am a little confused by what I should be expecting to see at this point of the beta. When I say they aren't being applied I mean when I look in the app at the movies and tv views they still aren't respecting the settings that were applied.

7illusions

New Build.

Sync is now working, with a progress indicator on the hubview when syncing. (Don't worry, it will change later)

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

ive been a bit MIA on this.. but would like to help with my pro1.. whats the process to test this.. start the sync from the webclient on a 2nd machine with the surface in the 8.1 app? then when complete test local playback/offline playback etc on the device?

MrWebsmith

hmm.. i see the sync job in the activity on the web client.. but im not sure where id see it in the .183 release of the app here....looking for the app's progress indicator..

nothing in home screen or movies hub..  by the system fan, its definitely working on something

MrWebsmith

unrelated to sync.. the green dots for unwatched item count is empty.. if its a green dot with a white checkmark its visible.. but the numbers for the count arent visible in this version (183)

swhitmore

I fly home tonight, so I'll test over the weekend. I have to say though, Sync worked GREAT while I was away. I copied over 3 movies, and while the connection to the server was horribly slow due to the shitty 3G internet here, the movies played flawlessly using medium quality. I can't tell you enough how nice this feature is for me. I have to travel regularly, and it was so nice not having to remember where I was in a movie when I just playing a file off an SD card.

I'm looking forward to true offline sync, so I can use it during the flight (I can atm if I remember to start playing it before I board), but for now, this is great.

Thanks guys!

Edited by swhitmore

7illusions

New build.

Fixed the unplayed count

Some minor changes to UserPreferences

Hi 7

For whatever reason I have been having all manner of problems with 183 and 184.This is on  the win home machine where I can get to preferences etc.

Nothing Plays :(

All content displays, just get loading when I hit play.... No sync button either

Log - 20150116.log

Log - ERROR - CredentialProvider - 20150116 142943 - 7.log

Log - ERROR - CredentialProvider - 20150116 142944 - 12.log

Server.txt

54b93ef7e81aa_Screenshot9.png

Thanks

-Vicpa

I have fallen back to 181

Edited by Vicpa

7illusions

Can you try deleting the streamingprofile.xml and restart the app and try again?

Hi,

Did an uninstall, reboot and fresh install. (the package folder was completely gone).

Same result. I can see everything but no luck playing....

Vicpa, on 16 Jan 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

Hi,

Did an uninstall, reboot and fresh install. (the package folder was completely gone).

Same result. I can see everything but no luck playing....

I'm seeing the same issue, running the same versions that Vicpa is.  Can't paly anything, cant sync, uninstall reboot reinstall didn't do anything, all file formats but trying mkv more than others.

Log - 20150116.log

Edited by gvollero