Beta 3.1.0

7illusions

Hi again,

I can't browse/play any offline content with this current combo of app and server. Previous synced content would show at folder level when clicked next window is empty for music, empty with play button for video. Synced some new content same result. Sync job shows completed in both the app and on the server.

here is the app log  Log - 20150205.log

If you click on play button in the empty offline video folder as expected app crash ..Log - FATAL - Application - 20150205 020002 - 97.log

When you cancel a job. Content is deleted (moved to recycle bin, maybe should just be nuked) however the file structure remains

See pic.

54d2d23bbc45e_filestructure.png

The Joni folder holds the content for the new sync I tried. The files are there. The other folder are from cancelled sync jobs and are empty except for sub folders

Let me know if you need a server log

7illusions

New build .206 is up.

Fixes offline browsing and paing way for new features.

• Like 1

7illusions

Seems to be a bug in offline TV show browsing. I'll fix that tomorrow morning.

Hi

Offline browsing is working nicely. Also like the fact that the sync job kicks off right away. For albums it completes before the notification that the job was created even appears. Nice that each song doesn't generate a sync message.

One navigation suggestion. Can the top dropdown command bar (right click in keyboard mode) be available in offline browsing. It would be nice to be able to jump to home etc.

A purely visual thought. The icons from the main menu might be nice on the top level view.

See pic.

54d4a0f8b8825_Screenshot21.png

The other is consistency of the icons on next view. Music to Music, Tv to Tv.

See pic.

54d4a171b0de0_Screenshot22.png

The Mentalist is a TV show.

All in All "Sync"  seems to be coming together great !!

Sorry Just Re-read your post. I use the disparity images. Should they be Folder Images. Maybe I need to set them in another place

54d4a76dc5e6b_music.png

Edited by Vicpa

In the immortal words of Alfred E. Newman (American culture reference, probably way before your time) "What, me worry?" :)

Here's some hardening scenarios for you guys to try out, please:

PlayState

- Sync a video to completion

- Play it in the app

- After next sync process, you should have a resume point or watched indicator on the server, depending on what you did

Easy Pin

- Set your easy pin code on the server

- After next app sync process, signout and use the offline sign in

- Verify your pin code works (and that you can't sign in without it)

User mucking with offline media

- Verify it works offline

- Find it on the device, delete it

- App should handle it gracefully

- After next sync process, the server should show Removed from Device in the sync job detail page

Cancel sync job after completion

- On the server, cancel the whole sync job

- After next sync process, it should be removed from the device

Mark for Removal

- Sync an album to completion

- On the server, go into the sync job detail, pick a couple songs and select "Delete from Device"

- After next sync process, they should be removed from the device. The other songs from the album should still remain as normal.

Remove after Playback

- Sync an entire series that you haven't watched yet, with the following options:
  • Unwatched only
  • Item limit of 2

- After the 2 videos are synced to the device, watch one (start, fast forward to the credits)

- Once the app syncs with the server again, your watch state should be reflected on the server, the video should be removed from the device, and the third episode should start syncing.

Subtitle Tests

Subtitles use your user profile setting. Let's start with graphic subs (pgs/dvd).

Subtitles - PGS/DVD

For any given video, if your user profile preferences dictate that a PGS or DVD subtitle should be selected, then these will be burned in via transcoding. No other subtitles will be made available to the client.

Subtitles - Text (srt, ssa, etc)

For any given video, if your user profile preferences dictate that a text-based subtitle should be selected, then these will be delivered separately during the sync process, along with all other text-based subtitles, thereby allowing subtitle selections even when offline!

• Like 1

7illusions

New buil is up, .209

I recommend uninstalling the current app and remove all syncjobs from the server before getting on this one.

Offline browsing has gone through a lot of changes regarding images and we now transfer and store images more effficiently than before.

But, since we do this, the old stuff will have to go.

We re now getting closer to the finish, so please,

get on this build and test the stuff that Luke mentioned above.. :)

Thanks

Edited by 7illusions

I seem to be having trouble with video (TV in this case) receive notification in the app that the job failed. dashboard shows them transferring. Where should I look for logs didn't see a separate sync log, would message be in standard app log?

Music albums seem to be working fine

swhitmore

Yea why is there no activity here? Anybody with a windows 8 pc can help test this.

I'm trying, but I'm crazy busy with my daughter, and am frequently travelling atm sorry.

Got the latest server and staying current on latest dev build.

Which clients (got a link) do you need tested for sync?

Carlo

Beardyname

I must be missing something, but how do i install this over the standard 8.1 app?

*edit*

Ran the powershell script and it installed a few things, now the regular app won't start :)

*edit2*

There we go, it was just a bit slow, Gonna play around with the sync feature now.

Edited by Beardyname

Beardyname

Making a new post so it won't look retarded :)

Making sync jobs to my pc from both inside the app, and as a target from the web-interface seems to be working as intended.

And it is converting as we speak.

*edit*

It seems canceling a ongoing "conversion job" does not kill of the ffmpeg instance.

Edited by Beardyname

If you cancel the entire sync scheduled task it will stop ffmpeg. currently canceling a single item if it's downloading or encoding won't cause the cancellation to get reflected until that particular operation is complete. will be improved later.

Beardyname

If you cancel the entire sync scheduled task it will stop ffmpeg. currently canceling a single item if it's downloading or encoding won't cause the cancellation to get reflected until that particular operation is complete. will be improved later.

Noted, will play around with the offline access/playstate as soon as it is done encoding.

*edit*

The little % ring indicating how far it has gotten is really nice :)

Edited by Beardyname

the encoding for sync is slow, so for testing purposes you probably want to use short video clips as well as music and photos