Beta 3.1.0

7illusions

7illusions

Yes, musid sure needs a overhaul.

Once sync is done I think that part will get my love.

The thing is, with Win10 there seems llik it will be a Pivot-like control, just like the one in Zune. It could be dumb to do to much work right now until we know for sure.

Edited by 7illusions
  • Like 1

7illusions

New build .201 is up

Added option to watch offline library while online (Click on user icon in top riight coner in mainview)

Added indicator on tracks in albumdetail view to see if track is Offline (server offline), queued or synced

Changed the album view, this needs some more love but atleast it's beter than before IMO. And better to  navigate with a MCE/Keyboard

54d0bfecbf2f5_album.png

• Like 1

Yes, musid sure needs a overhaul.

Once sync is done I think that part will get my love.

The thing is, with Win10 there seems llik it will be a Pivot-like control, just like the one in Zune. It could be dumb to do to much work right now until we know for sure.

Always like to hear music getting some love. Overhaul is much to strong a word. Personally I think the music interface is pretty darn nice as is.

The short term opportunities would be refinements to the album detail page. Things like album overview and track times. Playlists resume option would be neat. Stop and resume in the app or another client. Some Now Playing tweaks. 

A music screen saver. I think it was the zune player and definitely the Media Center one, that shows the Track, and  Artist alternating with composer.

These seem like refinements rather than overall.

Man, Luke you do run the app at a high res. :) Gotta remember us old farts that are starting to get visually challenged. LOL

See new build up maybe need to change post

• Like 1

Awesome my very own feature, Thanks :)

Having trouble keeping up with you guys,.....

Like the new album detail page Two thoughts. Music purists may be dismayed with the lower casing of the artist name. It is following the design convention of the app for page headers. Perhaps it could be dropped down a little and treated as a label and displayed in it's native case. Despite my comment of old eyes, the albums covers might be a little smaller. When there is a lot, the background is pretty much obscured. See pic. 

54d0d4aa5bd40_Screenshot17.png

Thanks again for my feature looks great.

54d0d5c2a96d6_Screenshot18.png

-vicpa

swhitmore

I've lined a few things up to sync, and turned off sleep on my tablet.I added some from the app, and others from the web UI, inc. auto unwatched episodes. I'll let you know how it goes in the morning!

Hi,

Setup some sync jobs. Music album, TV (mp4) and Movie(mkv). Same TV show to diff laptops. A couple things. On the server side. With some uninstalls and reinstalls I have a unknown device showing up. which is fine. But maybe a cleanup job is needed, same for temp sync file location.

See pic

54d0f91b1a2f8_Sync.png

File system

54d0f94666fcd_sync1.png

Not sure why this happened. Note the device showing twice. Two separate sync jobs.

54d0f9afc0a4b_sync2.png

Third sync job added to "Pluto" shows up under the first one.

In the app you get a notification for each song from an album added. Nit picky I know, could there be just one. The offline browse seems good. Will report back when I have more content synced.

one of his recent betas required an uninstall-reinstall. that created a new client-side identifier so as the far as the server is concerned, it's two separate devices.

Okay but for which one ? The unknown device or the current sync jobs? Could be wrong all "pluto" sync jobs were from this am. I am careful about the multiple device thingy. Delete device in web-ui, revoke the token in security. and verify and delete if necessary extraneous device.jsons in file system \data\devices\device # . Any place else to check ?

see pic.

54d100dbf2fab_sync3.png

Thanks!

7illusions

Luke, I've seen the same thing. If @@Vicpa deletes the jobs for the Win-10 device the others will be grouped into one.

Way to reproduce:

1. Create syncjob for device A

2. Create Syncjob for device B

3. Create Syncjob for device A

7illusions

It doesn't work for me. I get three devices.

New way to reproduce.

1. Create syncjib for device A and let the sync be completed.

2. Reproduce for device B

3. Create a new syncjob for Device A.

I can reproduce this all the time.

i saw that last night too after i uninstalled your app and reinstalled. it happened because the new install had a new device id and in my devices page i had two of your app listed. once i removed the duplicate i don't see that happening anymore. it was happening because there were multiple legitimate devices being assigned to the sync jobs

one thing i notice is the activity page sorts the jobs based on date, so you could a device listed twice depending on the order of job creation. i'll fix that but it's purely happening at the web client display level, so it's harmless.

7illusions

new build .204 is up.

Added Offline Parental access control.

Fixed bug in Offline movie view.

Fixed UI issue with Userpreferences where Syncjobs where cut off if too many.

fyi - the sync process is where user access to items gets updated. so for now, until the app syncs you might notice an empty offline library. 

swhitmore

Well done guys! Things seem to be working, however I've had a few hiccups.

So after setting up a few things to sync last night, only one has copied across. I'm transferring via wifi to an SD card, and it's pretty slow, so I don't know if that's the cause. I'm having to restart the app to get the transfer happening again (sometimes it stops after syncing one item, sometimes it just stops if I walk away for 5mins). Once the transfer is complete, it seems to be working fine.

I disabled sleep on my tablet, and plugged it in, so I'm not sure why it is stopping. Is background syncing working? Currently I have to have the app open to get it to sync. Could a media library scan be stopping the transfer? I notice that running just after I came back and the transfer had stopped (the transfer had only been running for 5 mins).

I've had a few thoughts on improvements, mostly surrounding the need to open the webui to manage the synced items (it would be great to be able to do everything from the app):

• The sync schedule task should run after adding a new sync item, rather than just waiting till a set time.
  • The app needs to have a sync queue to see what will be syncing.
  • The sync queue needs to have the option to easily cancel items and change quality.
  • A pause option and sync order should be added to the queue.
  • The same auto sync settings should be on the series and season pages as is on the web ui (sync unwatched only, number of items, and auto add new items).
  • It would be nice if the progress indicator showed 'converting' and 'transferring' as well as the % remaining.
  • If the app supports it, rather than having the low/medium/high qualities, I think 'origional' should be there to indicate a no transcoding option.

Well done guys. Keep up the great work! I'm also excited for the Quick Sync improvements being made to ffmpeg. I think this will greatly improve the converting time. Also, I realised another great use for sync. Whenever my old man is in town and visits me, I put movies on his iPad. Once sync is on that app, I'll be able to share my library with time, then sync stuff for him whenever his comes around. No more handbrake and iTunes to annoy the hell out of me!

Edited by swhitmore

We're not going to do re-ordering right now, but maybe later.

I agree the app should be able to self -manage. I'll make sure 7 has everything he needs to accomplish that.

When you create a sync job the server does process it immediately if it does not require transcoding. If it does, then it will have to wait although we can obviously add server-side settings for that. But priority lies with keeping other server functions unaffected, so that is why the default behavior will be a scheduled task. 

but we can obviously do some work to make it smarter, e.g. depending on what time of day it is, number of clients connected, start right away. things like that.

• Like 1

7illusions

Thanks!!

I'll be brief in my response, I'm on mobile and off to work. :)

The auto sync settings should be on series and seasons already, no?

That's how I set up my syncjobs, eg: 3 items, unwatched only and automatically sync new content.

The sync indicator, I see issues with that myself. It reports the file transfer only. When the filetranfer is done it transfers images and some other stuff. More work is needed here.

Quality, high is original if supported by the app. What I original is selected and the app doesn't support the format? The more choices we add the more it scares people away.

Sync job management will have to improve, atm the only stuff there is is under MyPreferences

swhitmore

The auto sync settings should be on series and seasons already, no?

That's how I set up my syncjobs, eg: 3 items, unwatched only and automatically sync new content.

Ah ok, I hadn't checked in a few versions. Sorry

Quality, high is original if supported by the app. What I original is selected and the app doesn't support the format? The more choices we add the more it scares people away.

Yeah, I agree less is more, but I think it should be obvious that 'high' is origional. I think people may assume that it is still transcoding and would not want that. Is there an easy way to detect if the format is supported and can replace 'high' with 'original'? It's just a suggestion, so if it is difficult, I wouldn't waste time on it.

Thanks again!

Edited by swhitmore

Hi,

Small thing Server reports errors while playing music. (I think it is a screen saver thing, but what do I know). Everything seems to work fine. I have noticed these errors come and go. In some server builds client combo's have seen them some not. I guess that is why they call it dev :)  

Logs

applog.txt

ServerLog.txt

Thanks

Hi,

This is kinda a big one. (I know it is not a sync thing, but consider it regression testing). I encountered a problem with playlists. It appears that the app is sorting them (alpha ?). Thought I was going crazy for a while. Created a playlist in the app saved it all was good. Went back to play it again and the order was different.

Playlist file: playlist.xml

In the app

54d28e5f77ab9_Screenshot20.png

On the webui

54d28ea79d2bd_Playlist1.png

I also surmise this is related to the problem I mentioned before about advanced intro's always playing the audio intro regardless of designated order in configuration.

You know better if there are other places where items are sorted before the go to m3u8.

It also maybe why the app timed out trying to load the mega playlist (random mix) that I mentioned before.

Thanks