Beta 3.1.0

7illusions

7illusions

Ill try to fix that asap. Give me an hour. I\ve done a lot of changes, but didn\t try to play anything, just syncing.. ;)

My bad.. sorry about that

7illusions

Sorry for that.

New build is up.

Logical error which I shouldn't have missed if I actually had tried playingsomething from the server instead of synced items.. :(

Accidentally added a ! in my url check.

if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(url))

instead of

if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(url))

7illusions

Yet another build up, 186.

Fixes some fileaccess issues that were introduced with the folder selection.

Edited by 7illusions

Hi 7

Play in 186... thumbs up, Thanks!

I still can't find the sync button..  I tried to change the path for sync.  Using default videos library, it let me then bad things happened. What security context does the app run under ? I noticed that "unknown user" is granted full control under the package folder. Maybe its a dev thing. Thought I would pass it on. 

Thanks again "Play Happy Here!!"

7illusions

Do you see the sync-buttons in the webclient?

Edit: Also, multipart movies can't sync.

Edited by 7illusions

yep

Is there something I need to enable on the server? I would have thought there would be an "Allow sync to this device" somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

thanks

Edited by Vicpa

7illusions

Does the device show up as a sync target in the webclient? In that  cas you could create a syncjob from there just to test..

7illusions

New build is up.

Sync progress is now a blue progressring which get's visible when syncing.

Clicking it will show a flyout with some more info. (More to be added)

54b9a093cbfe7_sync2.png

• Like 1

swhitmore

Everything seems to be working well in this build. The progress bar is nice, and the sync folder is a great addition. Thank you! I may need to get a bigger SD card...

swhitmore

Sorry, I just flew out again :( I didn't have much time this weekend to test sorry. I only had the 2 day off between my trips. I'll be back on Thursday night though.

Hi

With the last two dev server builds I am having trouble with some images, Thumbs (I think). Actors on the movie page and Music genres.

See screen shots

54bd5cc53b1a7_Screenshot11.png

Music

54bd5cf335f84_Screenshot13.png

The images are visible in the web client. As well as drill down.

54bd5d4abf321_Screenshot12.png

Thanks!!

7illusions

New build .189 is up.

Support for synced subtitles

Also started working on a sync-job management view. (Under user preferences)

Currently it only displays data, can't do anything yet.

54bd86223d284_sync3.png

• Like 1

In the next dev build the detection should be fixed so that it doesn't detect the device as xbox one. actually 7, it will use your reported device profile, so how it has dual purpose of being used for sync, and also to massage response headers in the event you need to do that.

I'm running server Version 3.0.5498.586 and client version 3.10.189.  From the home screen, I click on new movies, then I click on the movie I want to sync. I then click on the 3 dots on the bottom right and click on the sync icon.   My question is how do I know the sync has started or is happening? I do not see the blue progression bar that's in this picture.  I checked the folder that I set to use for sync and its empty.  Also, when I log onto the server, under the sync, I am able to see the movie under the activity tab, however I see no progress information.   Thoughts?  Thanks

54be60768eabd_Capture.jpg

if the content requires transcoding then it will not execute right away. instead it uses the Sync Preparation scheduled task. Since this is not obvious, i will add a button to the sync activity page to manually kick it off. so the reason you're not seeing the download progress on the client is because the server hasn't indicated that it's ready for download yet.

Thanks, I just got to a meeting and fired up my surface.  I see the syncing happening now.  I didn't understand that there would be transcoding, I was under the belief that it was just doing a direct copy from my server to my surface.  i'll start playing the movie and then put it in airplane mode and see what happens.

airplane mode won't work yet. we're still just testing connected sync. and it direct copies  as much as possible, depending on device support.

interesting,  I started playing the movie, saw I was streaming it from the server (surface on corp wifi).   Let it play for about 5 minutes.  Swiped in on the surface and turned on airplane mode, as the movie was playing.   Movie continued to play, no hiccups, I verified I was no longer connected to the server.   continued playing that for about 5  minutes, swiped in and turned airplane mode off.   Movie continued to play fine.  I assumed it was playing locally, so I logged onto the server, checked and verified, it was still playing locally.   I then stopped the movie, wanting to hit resume to see if it would play locally or from the server, and it appears to be playing from the server again.  I did notice that whil it appears to have resumed, it seems that it played my trailers first again.  More testing to come after my meeting finishes

thanks

maybe that was just buffered data. based on current code i would expect that situation to ultimately fail.

the thing to test right now is, once a movie is synced to the device, does the local copy play instead of the streaming from the server. and also, are your subtitles fully supported.

the full offline mode is something we're still working on.

swhitmore

Would it be possible at some stage to have a background service that will allow the user to sync to the tablet without have to first open the app? I was thinking this would be nice for the auto add feature, where new episodes of a season will be synced automatically. It would be nice not to have have to manually go and open the app to allow the transfer.

• Like 1

Luke, on 20 Jan 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:Luke, on 20 Jan 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:Luke, on 20 Jan 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

if the content requires transcoding then it will not execute right away. instead it uses the Sync Preparation scheduled task. Since this is not obvious, i will add a button to the sync activity page to manually kick it off. so the reason you're not seeing the download progress on the client is because the server hasn't indicated that it's ready for download yet.

is there a way to bypass the transcoding and just start the syncing to the device?  the reason I ask, I clicked on the sync icon on a movie and its seems like its taking hours to transcode.  I've attached logs to review to make sure everything is working correctly and possibly verify how long its actually taken to transcode.  54bfe4ef71eda_Capture.jpg

8.1 log.txt

server-63557418029.txt

transcode-8c56dfe9-3c9d-4aa7-95de-1f7c1c6faa35.txt

Edited by gvollero

the conversion is done at the speed of the video, so it will take however long the video is, maybe slightly  more.