Beta 3.1.0

7illusions

techywarrior

It won't run as fast as ffmpeg will go? It would be sort of annoying to wait 2 hours to copy a film to my phone/tablet if ffmpeg can run at 100fps. Also really makes forethought a necessity to use sync.

there can always be settings added but that is the best default because not everyone has the cpu to handle that and playback transcoding at the same time.

techywarrior

Ok, please consider an option like "I need to leave in 15 minutes so do this NOW!" lol

But seriously, I think people will want the ability to sync without it taking so long. Especially on phone/tablet where we don't want the device on using higher battery/cpu for as long.

techywarrior, on 21 Jan 2015 - 2:27 PM, said:techywarrior, on 21 Jan 2015 - 2:27 PM, said:

Ok, please consider an option like "I need to leave in 15 minutes so do this NOW!" lol

But seriously, I think people will want the ability to sync without it taking so long. Especially on phone/tablet where we don't want the device on using higher battery/cpu for as long.

I sort of agree with the 15 min. comment. :)    I travel a lot for work.  I imagine waking up at the hotel and looking for something to sync for my flights home.  I was hoping this would do some sort of direct copying from my home server and then let the app transcode on my surface as I watch it on the plane.  Just a thought, I think it did it this way on an early version of the app, before sync was actually on the server?

Edited by gvollero

7illusions

New build, .191 is up!

Background sync, the app will sync every 3:rd hour as long as you got AC power. (Device should be able o be asleep)

File-delete. The server tells the deice which files to remove.

Tile-Icon touchup

• Like 1

testing .191 now and it appears the background sync is working well.   I did get an error log, but i'm not sure what it is telling us, as everything seems to be working fine.

Sequence: 7
Date/time: 2015-01-22T23:47:16.6023056+00:00
Level: ERROR
Thread: 10
Logger: CredentialProvider
------------------------
Serialzation falied
------------------------
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
   at MediaBrowser.Implementations.CredentialProvider.<SaveServerCredentials>d__d.MoveNext()
------------------------
Session: {"PackageArchitecture":"Neutral","PackageFullName":"436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_3.1.0.191_neutral__77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackagePublisher":"CN=CA9FBA89-9B8C-4501-9177-37B89E41D3FF","PackagePublisherId":"77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackageResourceId":"","PackageVersion":"3.1.0.191","InstallationId":"f63f6aa4-466c-4eb8-980f-6f69d38c506c"}

I do also have a couple of observations:

When I go to sync, I choose the quality (under Sync Media) and hit the sync icon.  A popup appears and states "job sync created", then after a few seconds it fades away. However the sync media(where quality is chosen) never fades away.  I found myself wondering if indeed I did hit the sync button originally.  I would be nice if both boxes faded away after the job sync created fades away.   

I also tested syncing tvshows with multiple episodes.   Once I picked a few episodes to sync, I lost track of which ones I chose.  can a progress bar of some sort be added to the folder icons to show that syncing is/will be occurring? I believe this happened in an early (September sometime maybe) release.

Also, how do I delete a locally synced file once I am done watching it? 

Thanks

when you create teh sync job there's a setting for unwatched. if you check this then content will be removed from the device automatically as it is watched. actually the different settings are things that could use testing.

Okay odd question.   Here is the scenario.  I'm at a hotel before my flight.  I pick 2 movies to locally sync to my surface 3.  I allow the conversion  to complete, and it downloads to my device.  I shut down the Surface and head to the airport.  I get on the flight and am 10000ft in the air with no inflight wifi.   I fire up the Mediabrowser app and it asks me to connect to a server.  I am unable to connect to a server as I am in airplane mode.  How do I watch my synced movies?  It still asks me to connect to a server even after I was connect previously.

Sorry if I am missing something simple.

Thanks

7illusions

New build up, .193

IMPORTANT:

Please uninstall previous install before installing this

Now shows if a file is synced to the device (Marked for sync is coming soon)

Sync of flac-files working

Userpreferences, Playback settings done

New indicators for missing, unaired, synced, and mark for sync.

54c2d3e9348a4_sync3.png

Edited by 7illusions

7illusions

New build, .195 is up

Changes:

Dismiss the sync-flyout when a job is created

Added indicator if item is intended for sync but not yet transferred (Queued)

7illusions

New build, .198 is up

Added PlayAll / Shuffle All to TvShow and to Season

Various cleanups

Changed to a dark theme on the Settings Flyouts

Scott, we'll have Offline browsing for you to test in a very near fututre. ;)

• Like 1

New build, .198 is up

Various cleanups

Awesome, while you're there, Play all from here is also hotly requested. For both songs and also episodes.

• Like 1

swhitmore

New build, .198 is up

Various cleanups

Awesome stuff! I fly home tomorrow. Can't wait to check it all out.

Hi,
Some feedback on sync, etc.
tested a couple of tv shows(mp4's) a few albums and a couple of songs, all went great. Movie (mkv) worked to a long time to transcode (but we know that) so all seemed right there. Visuals look nice. Had to toggle between touch and keyboard to get synced to show up,(thought I was loosing it for a while). Seems fine now. Flyouts with dark theme look good mostly. View log is a little tough to read. Permissions is still using the blue theme. Any chance the version number can be moved to the main flyout? or under general. only reason to look at permissions is for version number.

Not sure where to do it, but somewhere you may want to call out what happens when you uninstall the app and haven't changed the default path for  synced content, content gets deleted which is right. But should be no surprise for folks.

Like the random mix from genre and the play all. You and Luke might want to decide on a maximum number of items for playlists. I liked the random mix so much that I thought I would just save it as a playlist.I assume the random mix is of all items in a genre. It was not a happy thing, app timed out server timed out. Probably have similar is issue if play all is selected. 

A suggestion. On the now playing screen. The item playing is selected in the scroll list and changes as each is played in the list , the item info shows above the album art.  Great!, is it possible for the selected item to be always at the top of the list? Visually it is fine as it is, until the item playing is down far enough so it is off the screen. To me it makes more sense to have to scroll back to see what has played vs scrolling down to see what is playing and more importantly if it is the last item in the list. Just a thought.

I am still having problems with one machine that the select prefer, server logout, just doesn't work. I hope you and @ @Luke can sort. I have uninstalled reinstalled , verified a fresh install. Deleted reg entries to no avail. Win 8.1 pro, wired network connection running the app, serverwmc, mbc and windows media center. Here are the logs from today.

Log - 20150129.log

Log - ERROR - RtLogger - 20150129 124351 - 32.log

Log - ERROR - RtLogger - 20150129 124351 - 34.log

serverlog.txt

If I need to turn on more log options let me know.

Thanks

Edited by Vicpa

7illusions

Build .199 is up.

Added Offline browsing for TvShows and Music, Videos will be added VERY soon

Once you've started the app once, start it up again without network and browse away. :)

Edited by 7illusions
  • Like 2

While browsing the app testing sync i have a couple thoughts on the music artist page, not sure if everyone here agrees or not.

- since an artist is not likely to have many albums, i personally would make them bigger. note: i'm testing at a very high resolution so perhaps my observation will not reflect normal usage

- the split view with metadata on the right...all looks fine. my personal opinion, since artist images are usually not that great, if the artist has a backdrop then don't show the artist primary image at all.

here's what i'm seeing. seems like it would be cleaner without even using the black and white image. or perhaps even make it smaller and stack it vertically above the overview

54d06eb3b2337_Untitled2.png

swhitmore

Yeah, I definitely think the music could do with a UI overhaul. I absolutely loved the old Zune UI. I think that would fit perfect here.

zune-marketplace-artist.jpg?rdrts=975711

Zune_Player_Desktop_by_kyosan1988.jpg

zune-hd-music.jpg

Edited by swhitmore