Beta 3.1.0

7illusions

Well it still plays the videos locally. For example, on Monday I travel to the mines where bandwidth is very limited (also my home upload speeds are shit), but I should still be able to at least connect to the server. I can then play the video and have it play locally.

I imagine, that is just the stage the app is in right now.  You really need to be able to access this content without a network connection or, I agree, it defeats a large part of the purpose (accessing stuff where you don't have a connection - on a plane, in a car, on a train, in the woods, etc.).

7illusions

New build.

First babystep for user preference settings is taken.

54af03e15a76c_Preferences.png

The userpreference view is at it's bare minimum atm (and looks like shit), but I'm working on adding more and styling the view once I know how the layout should be

54af044eb1ee4_PrefView.png

Other changes:

Collapse movies into boxsets (User preference)

Display missing episodes & seasons (User preference)

Display Unaired episodes (User preference)

Added indicator for Offline, Missing and Unaired items

Remove server from Detected servers list (Tap&Hold / RightClick)

Unaired indicator

54af04c2d115f_Unaired.png

• Like 1

techywarrior

I'm on a roll this week with my requests/suggestions being implemented :)

I can give this a test tonight on one of my computers but does it require the Beta/Dev server build or will it work on the last release (obviously sync won't work on old release)?

Vicpa

Hi,

synced my first movie.. what logs should I check.  Is there a visual flag that the content is local ? I know it's there because I see it in the file system. , selectable location would be nice, but hey it works.

I also checked out the preferences. nice to have flexibility per client. I must have done something wonky though can't seem to see any tv shows except in "next up" Thought it was just my unset library TV (see above) but I can't get to any tv in a season. even in a standard tv library. Normally I use just the option display unaired episodes in the season. no display missing. Is anyone else having this problem ? Where should I look....

Thanks

swhitmore

Is there a visual flag that the content is local ? I know it's there because I see it in the file system. , selectable location would be nice, but hey it works.

There is a list on the server what is synced, but I don't think it has been added to the app yet.

Edited by swhitmore

swhitmore

Let me also know what you would like tested, I'll play some more tonight. I currently have 2 movies and a tv synced successfully. I removed the TV show, so I just need to check if it gets removed locally too.

when connected to MBS you should also test that the locally synced file gets played rather than streaming from the server. this goes for both audio and video.

swhitmore

when connected to MBS you should also test that the locally synced file gets played rather than streaming from the server. this goes for both audio and video.

I tested this yesterday by setting my tablet to flight mode after I started playing. Everything worked fine and the video kept playing (I could also skip etc.). It was definitely playing locally. Also, when it was playing, the server was reporting that it was 'transcoding' though.

Edited by swhitmore

7illusions

Hi,

synced my first movie.. what logs should I check.  Is there a visual flag that the content is local ? I know it's there because I see it in the file system. , selectable location would be nice, but hey it works.

I also checked out the preferences. nice to have flexibility per client. I must have done something wonky though can't seem to see any tv shows except in "next up" Thought it was just my unset library TV (see above) but I can't get to any tv in a season. even in a standard tv library. Normally I use just the option display unaired episodes in the season. no display missing. Is anyone else having this problem ? Where should I look....

Thanks

How's your folder-structure?

Is it

-> Series A

-->EpisodeS01E01.avi

-->EpisodeS02E04.mkv

or

-> Series A

--> Season 01

--->EpisodeS01E01.avi

--> Season 02

--->EpisodeS02E04.mkv

or anything else?

If you could get me a serverlog for the calls happening from the client that would be great.

also, is the webclient displaying it correctly?

7illusions

I'm on a roll this week with my requests/suggestions being implemented :)

I can give this a test tonight on one of my computers but does it require the Beta/Dev server build or will it work on the last release (obviously sync won't work on old release)?

You will have to test, I serioulsy don't know since I'm on devserver only. Always am, with WAF still at amazingly 95% :D

• Like 1

Vicpa

How's your folder-structure?

Is it

-> Series A

-->EpisodeS01E01.avi

-->EpisodeS02E04.mkv

or

-> Series A

--> Season 01

--->EpisodeS01E01.avi

--> Season 02

--->EpisodeS02E04.mkv

or anything else?

If you could get me a serverlog for the calls happening from the client that would be great.

also, is the webclient displaying it correctly?

series a

-->Season 1

----->S01E01 series a - Episode.ext (mp4 or mkv)

-->Season 2

----->S02E02 series a - Episode.ext (mp4 or mkv)

The web client displays correctly.

Server log  serlog1.txt

Thanks

-vicpa

Edited by Vicpa

7illusions

Can you get me a screenshot of the app as well? Have you tested both layouts, Touch and mouse&keyboard?

Thanks.

I tested this yesterday by setting my tablet to flight mode after I started playing. Everything worked fine and the video kept playing (I could also skip etc.). It was definitely playing locally. Also, when it was playing, the server was reporting that it was 'transcoding' though.

Doesn't flight mode turn off the network?

Vicpa

Hi 7

TV episodes show up when I use the touch format. :)  Not mouse and keyboard. :(  Will work on a screenshot for you. Can use the touch format until it is sorted. Back in business

Edited by Vicpa

7illusions

Hi 7

TV episodes show up when I use the touch format. :)  Not mouse and keyboard. :(  Will work on a screenshot for you. Can use the touch format until it is sorted. Back in business

Thanks. I found it, will post an update after workhours.

Vicpa

K, Thanks. Like I said the touch layout works, so no worries.

I am now screenshot enabled be afraid. :)

Two quick Live TV things. If you select a tile from "what's on" from the home screen. The play buttons are not visible

54afe0564cae8_Screenshot5.png

. Channels button really shows "what's on" by channel (very nicely btw) can the link for "what's on" on the home page take you there.

54afe1356a0fc_Screenshot4.png

I guess in the future -> channels should take you to a static display of selectable channels (would load faster than what's on) or a guide or some other "funny" feature.

Thanks 7,

7illusions

New build available.

Fixes the missing Seasons

Added  some more User Preferences and I think I got the Layout as I want it. (Design is far from finished)

I'll try and get my surface back from my son this weekend and give it a whirl.  Although, I do think it needs to handle true offline to have much benefit.  Not sure where 7 is on that though.

i am working on that but we're not asking that to be tested yet. just to create sync jobs, have them run, device downloads content, then plays the local version when it's available. and we also need to make sure locally synced content is getting removed correctly based on the sync job settings.

swhitmore

Doesn't flight mode turn off the network?

Yeah, that was the idea. I wanted to make sure it was playing locally, not via the network.

Yeah, that was the idea. I wanted to make sure it was playing locally, not via the network.

Okay, so you did that after you started playback...

techywarrior

User preferences don't work/save right?

Folders for the "these folders will be grouped into tv/movies" had nothing listed.

ok/cancel buttons did nothing.

swhitmore

Okay, so you did that after you started playback...

I tested this yesterday by setting my tablet to flight mode after I started playing.

;)