Beta 3.1.0

7illusions

BTW, I have TeamViewer on the Surface Pro 2 that is experiencing the person icon problem and can give remote teamviewer access to it if needed to play or check anything out.

Don't know if that would be of help or not but I'm fine doing that.  Just let me know,

Carlo

7illusions

Yet another build. .230

Serialization bugfix when in offline mode

Replaced bottom appbar with ContextMenu in SeasonDetails view

Any results here? We've added about a large number of beta testers over the past several days but only about half of you are active.

jasonmcroy

What log do I post when something goes awry? I can't find an app log, only the server log. Is that sufficient?

I have so far only tested the syncing and all has gone fine except I have one file that won't play back in the app. It plays fine in all other clients and my vlc player. It's an avi file.

-Jason

jasonmcroy

Important

Now that we have a working build, can we get some testing on the following:

- offline pin, instructions here:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/15548-beta-310/?p=178017

- offline watched state reported to server. instructions:

1. sign out of app

2. sign in via AnyTime SIgn in

3. Watch a video

4. Now sign back in online

5. Once the sync process completes, check the web interface, your watch state should now be reflected

I am not seeing the option in my user tab/password tab to create a pin # as you describe in the linked post. Server version 3.0.5526.29593. I only get the option to put in a password, which by the way, whenever I try to set up a password it says "invalid user/password".

Hi,

The sync context menu for "multiple" items needs some additional wording to let you know you are syncing multiples. I think it will be confusing for new users.

For example from Next up

54e47817d96fd_Screenshot28.png

if you bring up anytime and select the defaults and sync you will get all episodes in the series. First time users will probably not expect that. Not sure but maybe the default should be unwatched or some additional verbiage. 

There is an inconsistency between offline indicators and display while actually offline.

54e479cc3a1df_Screenshot31.png

The above is correct.

54e47a0fb3f41_Screenshot30.png

14 is showing as there and isn't .

Just curious in the above scenario if you are online. Will the app play the available tracks locally and the get the others online?

The top command bar is not available via right click from the now playing screen. While online or off.

54e47b554c227_Screenshot32.png

Mostly minor stuff, all major functionality seems to be working well !!

Will try to test some more.

-vicpa

• Like 1

swhitmore

Hey, I'm getting a fatal crash when opening any library.

Sequence: 112
Date/time: 2015-02-18T12:36:31.3391066+00:00
Level: ERROR
Thread: 7
Logger: RtLogger
------------------------
Error getting response from http://192.168.1.10:8096/mediabrowser/Users/1ab79bc593c0f06fb57b9be621a8ede7/Items?Limit=5&SortBy=DateCreated&sortOrder=Descending&SeriesStatuses=&fields=&Filters=IsFolder&ImageTypes=&VideoTypes=&AirDays=&recursive=True&EnableImageTypes=&MediaTypes=&Genres=&Ids=&Studios=&ExcludeItemTypes=&IncludeItemTypes=BoxSet&Artists=&PersonTypes=&Years=&format=json
------------------------
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.PortableHttpWebRequestFactory.<>c__DisplayClass5.<GetResponseAsync>b__4()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.Net.HttpWebRequestClient.<GetResponse>d__1.MoveNext()
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)<---

------------------------
Session: {"PackageArchitecture":"Neutral","PackageFullName":"436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_3.1.0.230_neutral__77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackagePublisher":"CN=CA9FBA89-9B8C-4501-9177-37B89E41D3FF","PackagePublisherId":"77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackageResourceId":"","PackageVersion":"3.1.0.230","InstallationId":"b905ebeb-4ed3-4496-bee8-b3dab518b166"}
Sequence: 115
Date/time: 2015-02-18T12:36:31.5369129+00:00
Level: FATAL
Thread: 3
Logger: Application
------------------------
The application crashed: One or more errors occurred.
------------------------
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.PortableHttpWebRequestFactory.<>c__DisplayClass5.<GetResponseAsync>b__4()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.Net.HttpWebRequestClient.<GetResponse>d__1.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.Net.HttpWebRequestClient.<SendAsync>d__f.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.ApiClient.<SendAsync>d__55.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.ApiClient.<GetItemsAsync>d__99.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Service.MoviesService.<GetTopBoxSets>d__4d.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.ViewModels.MoviesHubViewModel.<OnNavigatedTo>d__0.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__4(Object state)
   at System.Threading.WinRTSynchronizationContext.Invoker.InvokeCore()
------------------------
Session: {"PackageArchitecture":"Neutral","PackageFullName":"436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_3.1.0.230_neutral__77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackagePublisher":"CN=CA9FBA89-9B8C-4501-9177-37B89E41D3FF","PackagePublisherId":"77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackageResourceId":"","PackageVersion":"3.1.0.230","InstallationId":"b905ebeb-4ed3-4496-bee8-b3dab518b166"}

swhitmore

Also getting this error:

Sequence: 32
Date/time: 2015-02-18T12:55:19.7086576+00:00
------------------------
Error sending web socket message
------------------------
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.ApiClient.<SendWebSocketMessage>d__2f`1.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Service.SettingsService.<ServerSync>d__53.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__4(Object state)
------------------------
Sequence: 46
Date/time: 2015-02-18T12:55:20.1996622+00:00
------------------------
The application crashed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
------------------------
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.ApiClient.<SendWebSocketMessage>d__2f`1.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Service.SettingsService.<ServerSync>d__53.MoveNext()
------------------------

7illusions

New build is up, .231

Bugfixes.(Scott, can you give it another go, thanks.)

German translation

Ok Sync completed and transferred however when I logout of the server and select AnyTime and login with my pin I see the heading AnyTime --> Click on TV --> Sleepy Hollow --> Episode --> Click Play --> Media Browser app brings me to desktop clicking on the Media Browser icon in the task bar brings be to the user login page for the server

Episode is a m4v

I am still seeing an issue with AnyTime - If I am logged into the server and select AnyTime and play back the episode I synced the playback works correctly however if I sign out of the server and hit skip - Connect to my server manually --> AnyTime Sign In --> Login --> Hit Play on item --> Media Browser changes focus to Desktop if I click on Media Browser icon when it comes back into Focus it takes me to the server login page.

Edited by mbnwa

ok yes, i do see that as well when playing offline video. so for me, that's the one open issue right now. offline audio working well, so is playing locally stored content while connected to the server.

7illusions

Can you get me the crashlog for this?

(charms-menu -> settings -> view logs) clear the logs first and then reproduce the crash. It should the be the log at the bottom of the list.

Thanks

FATAL LOG:

Sequence: 35
Date/time: 2015-02-18T18:38:26.1075437+00:00
------------------------
The application crashed: One or more errors occurred.
------------------------
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.Net.HttpWebRequestClient.<SendAsync>d__f.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.ApiClient.<SendAsync>d__55.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.ApiClient.<GetIntrosAsync>d__78.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Service.PlaybackService.<AddIntros>d__5.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Service.PlaybackService.<PlayItem>d__2.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.ViewModels.OfflineItemsViewModel.<PlaySelectedItem>d__4.MoveNext()
------------------------
Session: {"PackageArchitecture":"Neutral","PackageFullName":"436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_3.1.0.231_neutral__77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackagePublisher":"CN=CA9FBA89-9B8C-4501-9177-37B89E41D3FF","PackagePublisherId":"77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackageResourceId":"","PackageVersion":"3.1.0.231","InstallationId":"40ed3e37-0d1b-4553-8c85-c29f5ee7adf7"}

ERROR LOG:

Sequence: 32
Date/time: 2015-02-18T18:38:26.1035405+00:00
Thread: 5
------------------------
Error getting response from http://192.168.50.10:8096/mediabrowser/Users/66f17f239d9172dd0aef9b4f6743c04c/Items/db72c06e7220591cb64beae17ccb3fa5/Intros?format=json
------------------------
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)<---

------------------------
Session: {"PackageArchitecture":"Neutral","PackageFullName":"436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_3.1.0.231_neutral__77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackagePublisher":"CN=CA9FBA89-9B8C-4501-9177-37B89E41D3FF","PackagePublisherId":"77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackageResourceId":"","PackageVersion":"3.1.0.231","InstallationId":"40ed3e37-0d1b-4553-8c85-c29f5ee7adf7"}

7illusions,

Any changes made so the menu under the person icon works? menu pops up but nothing works when you click on those menus.

Without that functioning I can't do any testing on the 3 machines I have this installed on as they all do the same thing.

Carlo

7illusions

Not yet. Are the other context menus working? Try moviedetails view, click on the "..." Button and then the Play To or Browse To option since they will open a similar menu as the usericon.

Thanks (just trying to figure out if it's only the usernenu or the base control itself)

Beardyname

Most of the stuff seems to work as it should now, have not experienced a crash yet on this version.

sign in with pin works, syncing seems to work as it should as well. Will still test with the troublesome episode that refused the last time around.

one bit of nitpicking if i may, on album view the button still says "sync" instead of anytime.

*edit* also, i can sync playlists from the web-client to the app, but not from the app.

*edit2*

with a synced episode i tried to access with the off-line pin the app crashed instantly, does not happen if i playback the episode when I'm online and signed in. (still direct play from the disk) brb gonna attach logs

Log - 20150218.log

Log - FATAL - Application - 20150218 204638 - 105.log

Edited by Beardyname

SilentAssassin

Not really had the time to test fully, just started the process of buying a house.

I have noticed in the charms sync settings you get three options for quality, high, medium and low. However when you select the anytime (sync, which branding are we going with) option under the three dot button you then get four quality options, original, high, medium and low.

54e4fddf3f291_Screenshot3.png

54e4fe20097fa_Screenshot4.png

AnyTime is what we're calling the offline mode, but they're still sync jobs. I think 7 just needs to get the option added to the other screen.

And 7 - you'll want to grab the help text from the web client in relation to the quality option, so that users know if they force original it could result in the file not being playable on the device.

SilentAssassin

When you set something to sync you are still able set another sync job for the same item. Also the queued banner is larger than the poster width. When you set something to sync you should popup a message stating the process could take sometime, with maybe a button that takes you to the sync jobs screen.

54e4ffd58414c_Screenshot5.png

SilentAssassin

Once an item is ready to transfer why do you need to exit out of the app and open again before it actually starts transferring? I've been testing using an mp4 which will play natively so I've been using the original quality setting meaning it's pretty much ready to transfer straight away. However needing to close the app and reopen seems unintuitive.

SilentAssassin

I didn't realise when you open the app when you are offline you would only see any media which you have synced, I assumed (makes a Ass out of U and me) you would be able to browse your whole library as normal, just that you could only play back items which had been synced. This got me when opening the app offline before I had synced anything and the anytime screen was blank, maybe could do with a message stating that nothing had been synced yet.

7illusions

New build is up, .232

Bugfixes.

Added "Original" as a option in default settings.

Added describing text for Sync-qualities

Offline playback crashfix

Changed the events used for the context menus

@@cayars @@Vicpa can you have another go at the menus?

Yea!!! The context and User icon menus are now working on my troublesome machine. Thank You 7.

One thing so far Any entrance to a tv show brings you to the next up screen, like that. When you click on a season, the drill down to the shows doesn't work.

See pic.

54e530edd861b_Screenshot34.png

When I click on the season icon nothing happens.

I was thinking that as this release is also about view support. The New/Latest movies (maybe TV) do not honor the do not include in new content/do not group. If it is not a big deal, if this could be corrected before the production release that would be great. It is probably the most user facing thing. You open the app and new movies are right there and it is obvious if those settings are not honored. Good PR good first impression.

Will test some more sync this pm and report.

Icon menu thing was driving me batty, glad it is fixed. Hope is working for cayars, then can be marked as resolved.

Thanks!

-vicpa