Top Picks support thread

chef

On 2/2/2023 at 10:22 AM, Darkseidd said:

image.png.5416a10670030827b5d674a87950f0ed.png

I disabled nfo generation at all self-build library. I didnt touch top picks library settings

@Darkseidd

I've done some digging.

What happens here, is top picks creates a nfo file for the series. But, we only give it a DateAdded value.

This means that it is  Emby  who goes out and tries to name the Series it has found inside the Top Picks library.

And wouldn't you know it, Emby doesn't choose the proper name for the series. 

So, I have a release here that gives a title to the series NFO to help Emby out with naming. 

I suppose the proper thing to do, is add some provider ID's into the mix, so there is no way emby can choose the improper name.

Hopefully it's enough to help emby name items properly.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, chef said:

@Darkseidd

I've done some digging.

What happens here, is top picks creates a nfo file for the series. But, we only give it a DateAdded value.

This means that it is  Emby  who goes out and tries to name the Series it has found inside the Top Picks library.

So, I have a release here that gives a title to the series NFO to help Emby out with naming. 

I suppose the proper thing to do, is add some provider ID's into the mix, so there is no way emby can choose the improper name.

Shouldn't Emby have found it before that ?

I mean, all the info one needs is already in the database, really no need to retry to find something. A databse query should be enough to get anything one needs.

And allways remember...the first rule about databases is that you do not do redundancies.  

• Agree 1

Darkseidd
7 hours ago, chef said:

@Darkseidd

I've done some digging.

thanks @chef! does this fix is in .44, or future release?

18 minutes ago, Darkseidd said:

thanks @chef! does this fix is in .44, or future release?

Next release for tomorrow afternoon.

I've just got to make sure setting the IMDB id in the NFO is actually going to work. 

• Thanks 1

Darkseidd
23 minutes ago, chef said:

Next release for tomorrow afternoon.

I've just got to make sure setting the IMDB id in the NFO is actually going to work. 

thanks @chef

anyway i just dig around data made by Top Picks on movie, to figure out my previous unsolved issue..

is it normal for .srt file to be together with .strm file, inside top oicks data folder?

1 minute ago, Darkseidd said:

thanks @chef

anyway i just dig around data made by Top Picks on movie, to figure out my previous unsolved issue..

is it normal for .srt file to be together with .strm file, inside top oicks data folder?

Yeah, they get copied over if they exist in the library. That way if you select the top picks version, your subtitles will be available to you. 👍

• Agree 1

Junglejim
17 hours ago, chef said:

Something is up with the admin panel for the catalog. It won't let me put a new version of top picks there.

I'm going to put it here for now.

clear the browser cache. 

Emby.TopPicks_1.0.0.44.zip 9.77 MB · 1 download

@Spaceboy @horstepipe

There is an alpha-picker there.

Hi mate, did you get this sorted out? Not a big deal really, my library is tiny compared to some.

Will be nice to jump to the relevant section though.

I can wait till it pops up as a update. ;)  @Spaceboy @horstepipe have you tried the download?

Cheesegeezer
46 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

no, i only have .43 avaiulable

.44 is on last post of previous page. Chef couldn’t update on the admin portal to update the catalog 

13 hours ago, woenk said:

Shouldn't Emby have found it before that ?

I mean, all the info one needs is already in the database, really no need to retry to find something. A databse query should be enough to get anything one needs.

And allways remember...the first rule about databases is that you do not do redundancies.  

The original library item is in the database, yes you are correct.

But, when we create the strm file it isn't really the original. It points to the original.

So we name it, and copy it's NFO file.

If the user has enabled NFO files for their library we won't have any issues naming the strm file. Emby will read the NFO for metadata.

But, if the user doesn't have an NFO file to copy, then the library refresh is technically seeing the strm file as new item, and emby attempts to name it from the providers.

In the case of "Reacher" being named "The Teacher", Emby has mis-named it. 😬

Because  naming is happening inside the library refresh, we can't really control the results at that point (inside the scan).

I think we can add some provider IDs to our prefabricated NFO, and I'm  hoping that emby attempts to read the NFO during the library scan (I'm not sure if it does or not).

I have a feeling that it does read the NFO, and it fills in missing data, because we set a DateAdded node to the NFO, and it doesn't get overwritten during the scan, and we use this node to control where the item is placed on the home screen.

If that doesn't work, then the next step would be having to write the NFO from scratch using the database information.

I just have to figure out what the keys are named for the IDs inside the PrividerDictionary.

@Cheesegeezer, do you know what the keys are named inside the ProviderDictionary?

Are they:

Imdbid,

Tmdbid 

Like that? Otherwise, I'll just get an exception of key value pairs not found in the ProviderDictionary. 😆

Edited by chef

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, chef said:

and I'm  hoping that emby attempts to read the NFO during the library scan (I'm not sure if it does or not).

Emby will read existing NFO only if Metadata Readers>Nfo option is enabled in library settings.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Emby will read existing NFO only if Metadata Readers>Nfo option is enabled in library settings.

Right, and top picks does have this enabled.

So, it should work.

• Agree 1

Actually, I was thinking about that statement that an item shouldn't be duplicated in a database.

This is why we are seeing duplicated items in Recent Watched items on the home screen from channel items, and strm files.

I wish there was away for emby to handle strm files and Channel items differently, outside the database. But, I don't think the infrastructure is there to do that.

Hello,

i have the problem that in the Top Pick library they are in correct order but on the mainside not. There they are not from 1-8 in my example.

What can i do against it?

Mainscreen (Homepage)

Mainside.png

Top Picks Library

Screenshot_8.png

Edited by UltraTM

21 minutes ago, UltraTM said:

Hello,

i have the problem that in the Top Pick library they are in correct order but on the mainside not. There they are not from 1-8 in my example.

Mainscreen (Homepage)

Mainside.png

Top Picks Library

Screenshot_8.png

Can you run the top picks update task again, and let me know if this fixes the issue?

If it doesn't, please may I see a log file?

Cheesegeezer

Chef you can get the providerId from the item itself.

let me find it, i use it in VantagePoint 

var imdbID = item.GetProviderId(MetadataProviders.Imdb);
            string tmdbID = item.GetProviderId(MetadataProviders.Tmdb);

• Like 1

horstepipe
6 hours ago, Junglejim said:

Hi mate, did you get this sorted out? Not a big deal really, my library is tiny compared to some.

Will be nice to jump to the relevant section though.

I can wait till it pops up as a update. ;)  @Spaceboy @horstepipe have you tried the download?

Yes, just installed it. Alpha picker works fine, thanks @chef !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chef said:

Can you run the top picks update task again, and let me know if this fixes the issue?

If it doesn't, please may I see a log file?

it doesnt help. But there is an error in the log with Top Pick.

See attached.

using the latest stable release from emby

embyserver.txt

• Like 1

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, horstepipe said:

Can anybody help how to sort the items from 1 to 10? 🙂

Sort where?

horstepipe
3 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Sort where?

When acceding the top picks library via main menu. I don’t find a way to sort them by the top picks number,, but from the screenshots I saw they seem to be able to be sorted…?

3 hours ago, UltraTM said:

Hello,

Mainscreen (Homepage)

Mainside.png

Top Picks Library

Screenshot_8.png

4 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

Can anybody help how to sort the items from 1 to 10? 🙂

Hmmm... Are starting to see a bug here?

3 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Sort where?

Are you seeing items in the proper order Grim?

GrimReaper
On 10/18/2022 at 1:17 PM, chef said:

Entering the Top Picks library you should choose to "Sort by Date Added" to have the images order themselves.

1655186389_toppicksUI_5.thumb.png.38f03dd92bef508136bb52f793905d97.png

@horstepipe

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, chef said:

Hmmm... Are starting to see a bug here?

Are you seeing items in the proper order Grim?

Yup, no issues on .44.

image.thumb.png.cffaf320130ad4f724e55ed06b400566.png