chef

Bottles51
54 minutes ago, woenk said:

Sorry, but still no Cookie :D 

image.thumb.png.2c28d17f0a787fdf8905f94b4677fa77.png

Original folder looks fine though 

image.thumb.png.d4ae1142a4f75a0cd62a3b24e962efc6.png

embyserver (6).txt 118.71 kB · 0 downloads

It looks as if you have no logo art and that is needed to create the thumbnail image. Top Picks uses log and 1st backdrop to create thumb image. I personally have been going through my media and creating them when not available.  Its work but satisfying to have all art. Also i would think that when and if spotlight is implemented a logo will probably be needed as well.

1 hour ago, Bottles51 said:

It looks as if you have no logo art and that is needed to create the thumbnail image. Top Picks uses log and 1st backdrop to create thumb image. I personally have been going through my media and creating them when not available.  Its work but satisfying to have all art. Also i would think that when and if spotlight is implemented a logo will probably be needed as well.

That generation does not make it look good though...

image.thumb.png.826972961a6b1df71c1b95cdeffd617f.png

image.thumb.png.a11ab9650b7e81b1fb07e9e7aa9abd8b.png

Also depending on the backdrop one might end up having the name twice.

• Agree 1

MrPancake

Hey chef,. 41 working great for me.

I just wanted to give a feature suggestion:

How about letting the user pick which factors count in the engagement rating?

In my case, my server only has 3 users, and I'd rather ignore what the users are watching because they have too much weight on the top picks. I would rather focus on what's popular on the Web and what was recently added / released (could you maybe separate between recently added and recently released)?

I have a problem that when I grab better versions of old content, it can be counted as recently added, and I'd rather that didn't matter for top picks.

Thank you!

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, MrPancake said:

Hey chef,. 41 working great for me.

I just wanted to give a feature suggestion:

How about letting the user pick which factors count in the engagement rating?

In my case, my server only has 3 users, and I'd rather ignore what the users are watching because they have too much weight on the top picks. I would rather focus on what's popular on the Web and what was recently added / released (could you maybe separate between recently added and recently released)?

I have a problem that when I grab better versions of old content, it can be counted as recently added, and I'd rather that didn't matter for top picks.

Thank you!

Web popularity is a good idea. 

Do you have an suggestions where to find an API of current popular items?

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, chef said:

Do you have an suggestions where to find an API of current popular items?

Maybe worth checking:

1) TMDB:

The Movie Database API (themoviedb.org)

The Movie Database API (themoviedb.org)

There is no API to explore this data right now but it is something that would be a lot fun to dig into. The daily file exports do however, contain the popularity data so there is a record of the values starting on April 28, 2017.

2) Trakt

Trakt API · Apiary

• Thanks 1

Okay, I'm going to write a failsafe method.

Firsts it's going to check for all the nesessary images, then it's going to attempt to find them online (it does this already), but... If the images are unavailable to create custom thumb images for the current set, and finally if there isn't a current thumb image to use, the set going to default to primary. 

If the providers don't have the images, and they dont exist as physical files on the server, I'm not sure what else can be done 😃

• Like 1

6 hours ago, woenk said:

That generation does not make it look good though...

image.thumb.png.826972961a6b1df71c1b95cdeffd617f.png

image.thumb.png.a11ab9650b7e81b1fb07e9e7aa9abd8b.png

Also depending on the backdrop one might end up having the name twice.

Okay, we shouldn't be touching season folders. 

• .42 will now let you use thumb images no matter what.

If you don't have the appropriate images for the item, and the providers images don't have them, then the thumb image will be black with white text showing the name of the item.

• All the providers are parsed for available images.

It's a bit difficult to test because most of the images will load for me. Most of my library is pretty standard, I don't have any rare library items.

I've seen the black thumb images with white text, because I rendered a couple just to see what they looked like. 

However, because the library items that seem to cause the most issues are rare, not in English, I haven't seen all the ways that the thumbs could  render... if that makes sense.

I may have to revisit this in the future to fit long names that render outside the thumb. (could happen).

• In some cases, only the backdrop will will render if logo art is not available.

But, this does mean that we will always see something get rendered in the thumb image.

• The other thing that has changed is during user engagement task. If the item doesn't have any of the images to render a thumb, it will be skipped.

Manually adding the item will render the image mentioned above.

I thought it best to separate user engagement from the rendering engine,  because they both can have their own issues, and need to be dealt with separately.

The extra conditioning on the user engagement task can be removed in the future if we find that, over all,  that the black thumb images working in a somewhat acceptable fashion.

:)

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, chef said:

If you switch to using primary images, do all the images get rendered?

yep.....can not remember what I was troubleshooting when I activated that.

5 hours ago, woenk said:

yep.....can not remember what I was troubleshooting when I activated that.

Okay, with .42 you will probabaly see thumb image being produced.

However, what I'm still trying to get to the bottom of, is why your collection season images get processed.

I believe it is because your setup has all episodes in a series folder.

So, I just have to figure out how to handle that type of collection setup again.

I'll work on this today, and hopefully have things back to normal ASAP. 

Sorry for the inconveniences there. 

Edited by chef

19 hours ago, chef said:

Okay, with .42 you will probabaly see thumb image being produced.

However, what I'm still trying to get to the bottom of, is why your collection season images get processed.

I believe it is because your setup has all episodes in a series folder.

So, I just have to figure out how to handle that type of collection setup again.

I'll work on this today, and hopefully have things back to normal ASAP. 

Sorry for the inconveniences there. 

No prob or inconvenience :D

hmmmm,,,,maybe a user error.

When I delete some picks and let it do its job (scanning the media library once more), user engagement does not happen (say i deleted 4 and added just one), I am left with just 6 TopPicks.

Only way to recitify it is running the Use Engement Task (which takes around 7 minutes on my system) and afterwards once more the the TopPicks task (which takes aroun 9 minutes on my system).

Wouldn't it be better, if I delete things in TopPicks plugin. but changes do not occur until the next User Engagement task occurs ?

That could could as well trigger a TopPicks task , checking what things are new and what coul be dropped from the list while scanning for new media.

For me the latter one seems more streamlined, but maybe even add a click box , how TopPicks should be updated.

GreatFlashMan

This may sound silly, but how do i remove Top Picks?

I have had a play and decided it does not quite do what i want, problem is i cannot get rid of it. I have turned it off (to not display) and it still remains. I have uninstalled and it still remains?

Help! Am i going mad?

Restarted server many times also.

2023-01-27 12_54_45-THE ODEON.png

GreatFlashMan

Thanks, did not think of that. :)

Was just expecting its uninstall to remove what it created like a good boy lol

2 minutes ago, GreatFlashMan said:

Thanks, did not think of that. :)

Was just expecting its uninstall to remove what it created like a good boy lol

I'll add that.

• Like 1

I'm sorry to report @chef, but Top Picks still doesn't appear to be selecting most watched items of the week from what I can tell.

• Agree 1

Spaceboy

currently taking about 5 minutes before the drop down under manual top pick options is usable. i don't understand why this list is still including "movies" from mixed content libraries or why there isnt some option to have the list focussed as with user engagement

• Agree 1

@Ninko try .43, I think you'll be pleasently suprised.

@Spaceboy I'm finishing the alphapicker. They are hard to get right. I should not have never removed the one from the initial release. 

Look for early tomorrow morning. 

• Like 1

@chef, .43 installed, so far so good, I'll give it time again to do it's thing.

Thanks for all the hard work you have put into this plugin!