Top Picks support thread

chef

chef

Okay, I'm going to release another version which changes the UI to be a little more clear as to what those options do.

I apologize, I can the code the stuff, but I am not every good at styling, layout or explainations about the code. 

This is why I usually pair up with frontend guys who enjoy styling. Let me see if I can get GPT to help me put better field descriptions in on the options, and also get my layout more user friendly.

Look for another update shortly. 👍

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

rbjtech
4 minutes ago, chef said:

I apologize, I can the code the stuff, but I am not every good at styling, layout or explainations about the code. 

I would disagree there @chef - the Introskip Editor was (and still is) a very nice layout/style .. 👍 

But yea, some folks are good at design, others good at coding - others like myself are good at neither .. 🤪

image.thumb.png.467c690c296444655319713887210f28.png

• Thanks 1

Eigeplackter

1 hour ago, Painkiller8818 said:

no none of them are pinned

UPDATE: After restarting the server again, and re run the tasks it worked and i see new top picks.

But it seems to ignore if i set content type to movie or tv show, as i have movies and i also see tv shows in the recommendations.

@chefYeah maybe that was all it needed, as I tried to get a new shorter log for you (after this mornings shutdown) it just went through and all looks pretty.

6 hours ago, Junglejim said:

Personally I'd like to see movies and tvshows split and not merged together.

Just replace the country (Australia) with Emby. :)

+1000  👍

On my mind I have something like

Users All-Time Favorites (mixed and manually)

Top Picks Movies

Top Picks TV Shows

• Agree 2

chef
16 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

I would disagree there @chef - the Introskip Editor was (and still is) a very nice layout/style .. 👍 

But yea, some folks are good at design, others good at coding - others like myself are good at neither .. 🤪

image.thumb.png.467c690c296444655319713887210f28.png

😃 Thank you rich, you would say that 'cause we're friends. 😉

• Like 1

chef

Almost done with the changes,

You will be able to choose content type for the engagement task. Limit to a type, or both.

As for splitting up tv and movies into two top pick libraries. I hear ya! I think that is a great idea. 

But, we have to remember the more libraries we create which point to existing items in other libraries the more duplicating we get in the continue watching row.

When there has been conditions added to the continue watching list, which makes it DistinctBy: names and production years of items it is placing in there, instead of just item playstate.  I'll add this immediately. 😉

Remember, the feature request is to use DistinctBy item.Name and item.ProductionYear in the continue watching list. 😮😉

Edited by chef
  • Agree 1

chef

.37 is up.

• Allows users to choose between the two media types (Movies/TV Shows) to build the list.
  • Some UI changes to make options more clear to the user.

There are a couple little bits that could be updated, like when choosing media type in the engagement task options, it could hide/show the library options. 

• Like 3

@chefI'm not even sure what the specials even are, it doesn't point to anything (nothing when you go into it).

chef
Just now, Ninko said:

@chefI'm not even sure what the specials even are, it doesn't point to anything (nothing when you go into it).

Hi Ninko,

I'm not sure I completely follow. 

Can you take a screen shot of where you are seeing "Specials"?

We might be reading a Virtual Folder that you have named "Specials", but I just want to make sure I'm understanding what it is you are seeing so I can help :) 

Eigeplackter
7 minutes ago, chef said:

Hi Ninko,

I'm not sure I completely follow. 

Can you take a screen shot of where you are seeing "Specials"?

We might be reading a Virtual Folder that you have named "Specials", but I just want to make sure I'm understanding what it is you are seeing so I can help :) 

He did, See:

• Thanks 2

Screenshot_20230104_093744_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f422adbcbeb2ce850cb60715b81b8a15.jpg

This is what I see when I go to the Top Picks library.

Screenshot_20230104_184459_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c635b1bdefa1167843f78520032810ef.jpg

This is what I see when I go to Special's (2011)

Does that help?

chef
Just now, Ninko said:

Screenshot_20230104_093744_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f422adbcbeb2ce850cb60715b81b8a15.jpg

This is what I see when I go to the Top Picks library.

Screenshot_20230104_184459_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c635b1bdefa1167843f78520032810ef.jpg

This is what I see when I go to Special's (2011)

Does that help?

yes, thank you. Sorry, there was lot happening on the thread. I apologize for missing it.

My next question would be, is "Specials 2011" a movie in your collection?

@chefAfriad not, no.

I can only assume it's a special from a series that had been watched, other then that, I don't know.

chef
Just now, Ninko said:

@chefAfriad not, no.

I can only assume it's a special from a series that had been watched, other then that, I don't know.

Okay, I know what this is.

Some shows like "Archer (2009)" have intermittent special episodes that air outside the series.

I'm not entirely sure why the series didn't show up there... But, it does... so we are going to handle this with code. 

Give me a moment.

• Thanks 1

OnyxUK
14 hours ago, chef said:

Can you order those libraries by date added?

hey chef, no not in any apps does it give the option to sort by any filters its only the web interface that does. hope this helps.

ps not tried on phones or tablets 

Spaceboy

hi chef - 2 things:

• have you made any changes that should allow me to have the top picks update task running simultaneously to the standard scan library task. i wasnt quite sure from your previous comments
  • i mentioned previously that this

image.png.8bf4cdb5dab1724f6c9e16a3973a9e12.png

isnt working as you intend. thats still the case - while it may only be including items from my "Movies" movie library and not the other three movie libraries that i have, its not excluding items of type Movie from all the mixed content libraries that i have

chef
35 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

hi chef - 2 things:

• have you made any changes that should allow me to have the top picks update task running simultaneously to the standard scan library task. i wasnt quite sure from your previous comments

isnt working as you intend. thats still the case - while it may only be including items from my "Movies" movie library and not the other three movie libraries that i have, its not excluding items of type Movie from all the mixed content libraries that i have

The top picks scan can never run with a library scan, because it kicks off a library scan half way through the task. 

Let me see about this location issue. 

Be right back. 

• Like 1

chef
2 hours ago, ONYX MEDIA said:

hey chef, no not in any apps does it give the option to sort by any filters its only the web interface that does. hope this helps.

ps not tried on phones or tablets 

Hmm..  those tv app are never going to show the items in a row. 

OnyxUK
5 minutes ago, chef said:

Hmm..  those tv app are never going to show the items in a row. 

to be honest i think the tv app is putting them in order but its going down in rows instead of across, its the emby theater that i dont think would work.

Spaceboy
10 minutes ago, chef said:

The top picks scan can never run with a library scan, because it kicks off a library scan half way through the task. 

Let me see about this location issue. 

Be right back. 

theres no way you can check if the scan library task is already running and wait?

chef
1 hour ago, Spaceboy said:

theres no way you can check if the scan library task is already running and wait?

Yes. That is exactly it. We'll wait. 

I'm just going figure that out. 

Edited by chef
  • Thanks 1

chef
7 minutes ago, ONYX MEDIA said:

to be honest i think the tv app is putting them in order but its going down in rows instead of across, its the emby theater that i dont think would work.

Okay. 

I'll have to come back to that.

chef

.38 is ready.

• The task waits for library scan to complete before running. 
  • Top picks ignores anything in the library with the name "Specials". 

• Like 1

chef
2 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

hi chef - 2 things:

This is really weird. I would have expected that by setting the Parent IDs in the query that it would only show from that library.

Unless, somehow by only selecting the movie and not the tv show it is somehow letting items through.  Could that be it?

chef

Yup! Found the reason why mixed content folders were being added.

Tricky tricky stuff there. 

Can't do one query for both types of media when targeting a specific library because you end up telling the query it's okay to look for items in any folder (when series is unchecked), but because you also want movies (which are in the same folder as series) would return that folder.

Separate queries for each type did the trick.

• Like 1