Top Picks support thread

chef

@Spaceboy please update to .35 before d-day. 

If the crash happens again ,please let me know. I will leave the project open until we know for sure that it goes well with .35

On 12/17/2022 at 3:00 PM, woenk said:

Still can not get my head around how Top Picks picks the tops :D

Never seen a TV series get picked and even the movies are somehow weird. It almost looks like it always picks the same movies, evn if a newer movie has been added.

It will pick items with high ratings. So if your new item doesn't compare to other items then it won't choose it.

However, I am working on something that will make a shallow copy of the current list, and then it will not re-add the same items that are currently in the list.

This means it will create a new list... Or perhaps every other time it will create a new list.

By that I mean,  it could be possible that top picks would re-create the initial list the second time it runs,  because technically those items rank highest, and wouldn't be in the second list. 

If this makes sense... 😶

Spaceboy
11 hours ago, chef said:

Can you change the time the scheduled task runs? So it doesn't run at the same time as the other refresh?

I can add code that stops the top picks from running when other tasks are. But, you'd still have to find an appropriate time to run it. 

ok, i've moved it by 12 hours but this doesnt really sound like a long term solution

• Like 1

Spaceboy
11 hours ago, chef said:

@Spaceboy please update to .35 before d-day. 

If the crash happens again ,please let me know. I will leave the project open until we know for sure that it goes well with .35

with or without changing the time of the top picks scheduled task? i know it doesnt crash emby when the library scan task isnt running already

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

with or without changing the time of the top picks scheduled task? i know it doesnt crash emby when the library scan task isnt running already

You can change the time if you want.

What I'm interested in is if your system crashes. 

We definitely want the library scan to be complete before collecting data to calculate new items to put in the library. 

On 12/22/2022 at 11:06 PM, Thuzad said:

I'm sorry if the problem has already been raised but I haven't looked at the other pages.

When Top picks contains a series it shows me all the episodes instead of grouping them. Is it a bad configuration on my part?

Screenshot from 2022-12-22 23-04-39.png

@chef Did you get a chance to look at my problem with the TV show?

Thank you

51 minutes ago, Thuzad said:

@chef Did you get a chance to look at my problem with the TV show?

Thank you

Would it be possible to run the top picks refresh task again. Afterwards attach the log here again so I can see it.

The only other thing I'd like to know is how you have your tv series folder structure setup.

Is it "series/season/episodes"

Or is it "series/episodes"

55 minutes ago, chef said:

Would it be possible to run the top picks refresh task again. Afterwards attach the log here again so I can see it.

The only other thing I'd like to know is how you have your tv series folder structure setup.

Is it "series/season/episodes"

Or is it "series/episodes"

Folder structure is :

series/season/episodes

I have sent you the logs again by PM.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thuzad said:

Folder structure is :

series/season/episodes

I have sent you the logs again by PM.

Thanks.

It's been a long season (had to make money when I could..  cookin'... Ugh... Cookin' why did I ever choose this as a career..  it seemed like such a good idea at the time)

I digress, I'm on this. 

I'll try to recreate this. 

• Haha 1

Spaceboy
On 31/12/2022 at 14:06, chef said:

You can change the time if you want.

What I'm interested in is if your system crashes. 

We definitely want the library scan to be complete before collecting data to calculate new items to put in the library. 

hi @chef already confirmed that emby only crashes when a library scan is started while top picks is already running.

previously top picks ran at 3am on Sunday and my emby initiates a full library scan at 4am on Sunday through the api - always crashes

since your post above recommending changing the time of top picks scheduled task i changed it to 3pm on Sunday and all is fine. i'm ok with this but i'd prefer library scans to take place overnight as they are quite long and interrupt emby picking up new live tv recordings so i'm still keen to help you troubleshoot this if possible/interested.

i havent tried .35 with both tasks running simultaneously as previous. i can do if you think there is something worth looking at

• Thanks 1

Painkiller8818

i have top picks now installed for a while and i watch a lot of movies but it always recommends the same movies, so it does not change in any way if i don't set them manually.

I hope there is an improvement planned because i thought this would act like a recommendation like you know it from netflix, depending on what a user has already watched.

Maybe there is already something in work because i see the same movies for months now.

Thanks

chef
3 hours ago, Painkiller8818 said:

i have top picks now installed for a while and i watch a lot of movies but it always recommends the same movies, so it does not change in any way if i don't set them manually.

I hope there is an improvement planned because i thought this would act like a recommendation like you know it from netflix, depending on what a user has already watched.

Maybe there is already something in work because i see the same movies for months now.

Thanks

I'll weigh the watched status heavier in an upcoming release. 

Less about critic ratings, more about watched status. That will change the possible recommend items.

• Like 2

Bottles51

Is anyone else experiencing a 0 sec no result from the calculate user engagement task. server 4.7.11 and top picks .35. This was working in .34 but i had to have a specific movie library and tv library chosen. It would not work for all library's. I would provide a log Chef but nothing shows in log when i run the task.

• Like 1

chef
23 minutes ago, Bottles51 said:

Is anyone else experiencing a 0 sec no result from the calculate user engagement task. server 4.7.11 and top picks .35. This was working in .34 but i had to have a specific movie library and tv library chosen. It would not work for all library's. I would provide a log Chef but nothing shows in log when i run the task.

Are there other tasks currently running when you run the engagement task?

Edited by chef

Bottles51
39 minutes ago, chef said:

Are there other tasks currently running when you run the engagement task?

No other Tasks are running.

1 hour ago, Bottles51 said:

I've been finding this too, thought it was just me.

benwallner
1 hour ago, Bottles51 said:

I have the same problem at the moment

benwallner
2023-01-02 22:26:03.294 Info App: Starting entry point Emby.TopPicks.SpotlightServerEntryPoint
2023-01-02 22:26:03.304 Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.TopPicks.SpotlightServerEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0100384 seconds
2023-01-02 22:26:03.304 Info App: Starting entry point Emby.TopPicks.Security.PluginSecurityManager
2023-01-02 22:26:03.304 Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.TopPicks.Security.PluginSecurityManager. Duration: 5.81E-05 seconds
2023-01-02 22:26:03.304 Info App: Starting entry point Emby.TopPicks.Drawing.SpotlightImageProvider
2023-01-02 22:26:03.304 Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.TopPicks.Drawing.SpotlightImageProvider. Duration: 4.53E-05 seconds
2023-01-02 22:26:03.307 Info Top Picks: Top Picks Registration IsTrial: False, IsValid: False

chef
1 hour ago, Ninko said:

I've been finding this too, thought it was just me.

Did a new list populate with the with the engagement task?

I'll look at this tonight, see what's up.

chef

New logic is coming.

Now we'll take the most watched item (popular) this will include series at top level. If you binge a series the weight count still only counts as 1 for the series. Not 1 for each episode.

Then those values are organized by critic rating.

The watch status is calculate based on the week. Since that is when the engagement task is set to refresh the list. 

Because the top picks refresh task needs access to the library refresh, the engagement task will not run the top picks refresh if a library scan is currently running. Instead, the list will only refresh the next time it is possible to run the top picks refresh task.

Although, the list will be viewable from the configuration page, the clients won't have access to it until the top picks refresh runs.

I hope that has made sense. 

Look for the update at so e point tomorrow, or late tonight. 

👍

• Like 1

chef
22 hours ago, benwallner said:
2023-01-02 22:26:03.294 Info App: Starting entry point Emby.TopPicks.SpotlightServerEntryPoint
2023-01-02 22:26:03.304 Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.TopPicks.SpotlightServerEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0100384 seconds
2023-01-02 22:26:03.304 Info App: Starting entry point Emby.TopPicks.Security.PluginSecurityManager
2023-01-02 22:26:03.304 Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.TopPicks.Security.PluginSecurityManager. Duration: 5.81E-05 seconds
2023-01-02 22:26:03.304 Info App: Starting entry point Emby.TopPicks.Drawing.SpotlightImageProvider
2023-01-02 22:26:03.304 Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.TopPicks.Drawing.SpotlightImageProvider. Duration: 4.53E-05 seconds
2023-01-02 22:26:03.307 Info Top Picks: Top Picks Registration IsTrial: False, IsValid: False

Is valid is false. Did you purchase top picks using PayPal. And was the pay pal email address the same as the one you signed up for emby premiere with?

If not, PM me the email address so I can get that sorted for you.

Thanks!

MrPancake

Just installed the plugin, love the idea. 

So far it hasn't generated any "picks", so I added some manually. 

However, I noticed a problem with the image of a series in the top picks in the continue watching section. 

The TV show appears twice, first with an image that can't be loaded, and then with the correct one. I tested with all episodes of the series and the problem persists.

Please check this screenshot. 

Thank you! 

Edit: disabling the render top pick over primary image option fixes it. However, it's still a bit annoying that the same item shows twice in the continue watching section. 

494528167_Screenshot_20230103_225709_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.ef815e7b2695049b880a4bc2bb2e7616.jpg

Edited by MrPancake