New releases support thread

chef

I know that new releases channel plugin is not in the catalog. But if there are any issues regarding it, post here and we'll try to get it fixed. 😃

Latest version

Emby.NewReleases_v1.0.0.5.zip

Edited by chef
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Junglejim
16 hours ago, chef said:

I know that new releases channel plugin is not in the catalog. But if there are any issues regarding it, post here and we'll try to get it fixed. 😃

Thanks mate, maybe add a link to the latest dll download so it doesn't get lost in the Feature Requests section.

Or maybe add it to the catalog.. ;) I think its good enough to be there. 👍

• Like 2

LazyMonday91

hi @chef do you know how to flush cache from the new release plugin , i have metadata without any file linked to , it will just display a black poster or the last png saved for the poster i think ^^

if you have any idea ?

Thanks

LzM

image.thumb.png.ca3cfef1179c723bec526136ba3bd03a.png

• 2 weeks later...
Spaceboy

hey @chef. New releases is working well for me, i was just wondering if you could confirm what the sort order is, because when i compare to my movie library sorted by release date, they are similar but also different. Movie library is at the top, new releases row from the homescreen below. cheers!

image.thumb.png.c3531eec09a6775264bc33465c4de4aa.png

8 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

hey @chef. New releases is working well for me, i was just wondering if you could confirm what the sort order is, because when i compare to my movie library sorted by release date, they are similar but also different. Movie library is at the top, new releases row from the homescreen below. cheers!

image.thumb.png.c3531eec09a6775264bc33465c4de4aa.png

Yeah, they should be ordered by premier date, and then by date added.

However, if you have a movie like... for instance...  Black Adam which might be missing some release/premiere date metadata (because the release is early ... 😆) Then that movie might be sorted first based on when it was added, or updated, in the library.

That movie, most likely, was the last item added in the query, giving it the most currently position in the list. Without any premiere date limitations since that data might not be currently available.

I am pretty sure anyway... Man I'm the worst at explaining stuff. I apologize, I wish I was better at it. 🤦‍♂️

Spaceboy

ok yep, i think i understand you.

one other question. for some reason when i choose a movie from the new releases row only one of the multiple versions i have is available in the srop down on the detail screen whereas for others both are listed. for example from the pic i posted above both Black Adam and Clerks III have multi versions but only the 4k version is shown. emily the criminal and amsterdam are fine though.

any thoughts? ta

PuffyToesToo

Since updating Emby server, New Releases is not showing recently added content. I have reset the minimum date and also run the 'refresh channels' under scheduled tasks. This is on both servers, is anyone else seeing this?

43 minutes ago, PuffyToesToo said:

Since updating Emby server, New Releases is not showing recently added content. I have reset the minimum date and also run the 'refresh channels' under scheduled tasks. This is on both servers, is anyone else seeing this?

Okay, thanks for letting me know.

I'll see what changed.

• Thanks 1

Junglejim
17 hours ago, PuffyToesToo said:

Hi @PuffyToesToo, I just added a new movie after updating Emby to (4.7.10.0). The movie was "Enola Holmes 2 (2022)" and it showed up in New Releases after a "'Refresh Internet Channels". So it seems to be working ok for me.

Screenshot_2022-11-25_19-36-46.thumb.png.89f2412fed7a04d4d4ae607e668cd5a4.png

• Thanks 1

PuffyToesToo
On 11/24/2022 at 10:46 AM, chef said:

Okay, thanks for letting me know.

I'll see what changed.

It seems there is an Emby.NewReleases (new version?) and then just NewReleases. Rolling back to just the original version, then resetting the minimum date> refresh channels brought them back. So I will stick to the rollback for now.

37 minutes ago, PuffyToesToo said:

It seems there is an Emby.NewReleases (new version?) and then just NewReleases. Rolling back to just the original version, then resetting the minimum date> refresh channels brought them back. So I will stick to the rollback for now.

Which version. Is the rollback .4?

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Dibbes

@chefHey mate, was there any update to this? On the .2 version it doesn't hold the settings anymore and the .5 version doesn't have any config at all...

• 1 month later...
Strider27

Just an update for those still looking for Recently Released Movies section in the Home Screen.
4.8.0.57-beta added the option to the Homescreen section in the App settings :)

WARNING: Upgrading to beta is not reversable without a proper backup. You will not be able to switch back to 4.7 stable. You should be able to switch to 4.8 stable when it is released, but no guarantees ;).

If you were using SmartPlaylist plugin to display Recent Releases on Homescreen, or for anything else for that matter, it currently does not work in 4.8, at all.

Edited by Strider27
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, BrightHalo said:

Is there a way to not include content from "Mixed content" libraries?

HI, currently there is no option to choose the libraries but we can expand on this in future updates. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Dibbes

Hey @chef

I know you've been busy with top picks, but have you had time for this one as well?

chef
1 minute ago, Dibbes said:

Hey @chef

I know you've been busy with top picks, but have you had time for this one as well

Oh! I totally forgot about this. I'll fix it right after work. 

Is it in the catalog, or are we updating this thread? Can't remember. 😆

• Haha 1