Local nfos and Rotten Tomatoes rating (critic rating)

rodainas

rodainas

I cant get Rotten Tomatoes ratings and local NFO information at the same time, looks like the "Movie Metadata Downloaders" on library settings when activated are overriding the activated "Metadata Readers: nfo"

I have enabled  on my Movie Library settings "Metadata Readers: nfo" in order for emby to read the contents of my nfo files and If I want to get Rotten Tomatoes ratings I need to enable on my Movie Library Settings: "Movie Metadata downloaders: The Open Movie Database", the thing is when my library is scanning for new content I do get the Rotten Tomatoes ratings but the metadata information within my nfos is ignored, I know this because my metadata is in spanish, so when the new media is added the metadata is in English.

The workaround I have found is to uncheck the movie metadata downloaders just leave metadata readers: nfo enabled and when new media is added, I go to Library settings enable Movie Metadata Downloaders: The Open Movie Database, select the newly added entries, select option Refresh Metadata, and Select Search for missing metadata instead of replace all metadata, return to Movie Metadata Downloaders and disable it, wait for a new scan and repeat, with this emby doesnt overwrite the content from my local nfos and adds the rotten tomatoes ratings, I think this should be the normal behavior when local nfos and metadata downloaders are enabled, and not overriding local nfos like emby is currently doing (at least for me).

I have my local nfos previously created with all my movie folders.

Example:

image.png.d3a1463a2fd9802349c50afa749ebf88.png

These are library settings I have activated for this matter:

image.thumb.png.f94faf9bda12df4f68bccdd4d14cfdb5.png

Try enabling the other downloaders and then do a search for missing meta-data.
See if that helps you.

image.thumb.png.5e0675a0bf82397ed69f17b36fe9f0bb.png

rodainas

@cayars I did it, I can get my local metadata and rotten tomatoes in emby, the problem is I have to do it manually after new media is scanned, having the 2 things enabled at the same time just overrides/ignores local nfos.

@LukeMy nfo is ignored because when the two options are enabled and new content is added to the library, the metadata language is english and the metadata inside my nfos is in spanish. I get the same result with the 2 options enabled and doing a Refresh on a selected movie (using the replace option) I get Rotten Tomatoes yes, but the rest of metadata is in english, it just uses the Open Movie Database and ignores the nfo enabled options.

This is the result of doing manually:

image.png

Edited by rodainas

Why don't you set the meta-data in English to Spanish?  It should use what you tell it to.

I take it you don't have rotten tomatoes ratings in the NFO file?
How did you create the NFO files?

rodainas

Because I use custom options within the nfos, I use Title in English (normally), plot in spanish, ratings from IMDB among other things. I would lose all that information, time and work with multiple movies.

Correct I am not using Rotten Tomatoes, am using IMDB.

I am using Tiny media manager.

Basically I want to keep using my nfos (with all the custom options, imdb rating, etc.) as I always have done, but taking advantage of the new option of emby to get Rotten Tomatoes besides the rating generated by tiny media manager to my nfo (community rating with imdb), but seems that currently the only way of doing that is manually as I said on the OP (the option I prefer) or keeping the two metadata options enabled in library settings and setting the metadata language in spanish (the option I would avoid).

Maybe you can fix the behavior of emby on this scenario, like: I if i have local nfos with metadata, having the Metadata reader: nfo enabled already force emby to read the metadata content within my nfos, and when having at the same time Metadata Downloaders enabled (moviedb, open movie database, etc.) just download the missing info that isnt included on the local nfos instead of overriding/ignoring the local nfos like its happening now, to avoid overwritting or ignoring the metadata contained on the local nfos.

Update:

I tested adding a new movie to the library with the 2 options enabled and is working as I expected, using local metadata and rotten tomatoes ratings, not sure why it changed though.

Edited by rodainas

We'd have to look at an example, but all of your existing information in the nfo should be preserved.

pünktchen
3 hours ago, rodainas said:

I am using Tiny media manager.

But tmm can also scrape Rotten Tomatoes rating!

• Like 2

Happy2Play

As long as the nfo has <criticrating>xx</criticrating>, it does not matter what program is providing it, it gets used in every one of my tests.

pünktchen
21 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

As long as the nfo has <criticrating>xx</criticrating>, it does not matter what program is providing it, it gets used in every one of my tests.

<criticrating> is and was never an official Kodi nfo tag, that's why tmm doesn't write it.

rodainas
1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

But tmm can also scrape Rotten Tomatoes rating!

Yes I know, but as I said, I am using IMDB ratings on purpose (wrtiten as community rating via tmm), I like that emby gives me the option to complement it using the other field on emby metadata editor (critic rating), so I get both ratings at the same time.

pünktchen

I let tmm scrape all possible ratings with IMDB set as default. This will be the community rating in Emby. The Rotten Tomatoes rating of the nfo is automatically recognized by Emby as critic rating. There's nothing special about it.

• Like 2

rodainas
5 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

I let tmm scrape all possible ratings with IMDB set as default. This will be the community rating in Emby. The Rotten Tomatoes rating of the nfo is automatically recognized by Emby as critic rating. There's nothing special about it.

Perfect thanks for the tip, I will do that.

rodainas

@pünktchenjust to let you know I rescraped my nfos using tmm with imdb and rotten tomatoes ratings like this:

<ratings>
    <rating default="false" max="100" name="rottenTomatoes">
      <value>95.0</value>
      <votes>0</votes>
    </rating>
    <rating default="true" max="10" name="imdb">
      <value>7.5</value>
      <votes>11837</votes>
    </rating>
  </ratings>

So I went to emby selected the movie and did a "Refresh Metadata" to force emby to re-read the nfo, but rotten tomatoes is not showing up, using this library options, as you said rotten tomatoes is getting your ratings from your nfo file whether or not rotten tomatoes is the default file, and not from the opendatabase scrapper from emby.

image.thumb.png.e85204834e16497cef42f283b82ffaf6.png

But the only way to this day I get the rotten tomatoes rating on emby whether or not is included on the nfo, is activating Open Movie Database within emby itself and refreshing metadata (search missing metadata) with the movie selection.

Conclusion I cant get rotten tomatoes to show as critic rating on emby via nfo file as you said is working for you, if I am doing something wrong I appreciate the comments to correct it.

Edited by rodainas

GrimReaper
14 minutes ago, rodainas said:

@pünktchenjust to let you know I rescraped my nfos using tmm with imdb and rotten tomatoes ratings like this:

<ratings>
    <rating default="false" max="100" name="rottenTomatoes">
      <value>95.0</value>
      <votes>0</votes>
    </rating>
      <value>7.5</value>
      <votes>11837</votes>
    </rating>
  </ratings>

So I went to emby selected the movie and did a "Refresh Metadata" to force emby to re-read the nfo, but rotten tomatoes is not showing up, using this library options, as you said rotten tomatoes is getting your ratings from your nfo file whether or not rotten tomatoes is the default file, and not from the opendatabase scrapper from emby.

image.thumb.png.e85204834e16497cef42f283b82ffaf6.png

But the only way to this day I get the rotten tomatoes rating on emby whether or not is included on the nfo, is activating Open Movie Database within emby itself and refreshing metadata (search missing metadata) with the movie selection.

Conclusion I cant get rotten tomatoes to show as critic rating on emby via nfo file as you said is working for you, if I am doing something wrong I appreciate the comments to correct it.

Rotten Tomatoes tag in your nfo is wrong, it should read "tomatometerallcritics".

I also scrape all metadata (ratings included), via TMM (and all Emby internal meta-scrapers disabled) and have no isses with Emby reading them.

Edit:

<ratings>
  <rating default="false" max="100" name="metacritic">
    <value>100.0</value>
    <votes>0</votes>
  </rating>
  <rating default="false" max="10" name="themoviedb">
    <value>8.7</value>
    <votes>14119</votes>
  </rating>
  <rating default="false" max="100" name="tomatometerallcritics">
    <value>98.0</value>
    <votes>1</votes>
  </rating>
    <value>9.2</value>
    <votes>1643254</votes>
  </rating>
  <rating default="false" max="10" name="trakt">
    <value>8.9</value>
    <votes>22598</votes>
  </rating>
</ratings>

Edited by GrimReaper76
Append

rodainas
2 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Rotten Tomatoes tag in your nfo is wrong, it should read "tomatometerallcritics".

I scrape all metadata (ratings included), via TMM (and all Emby internal meta-scrapers disabled) and have no isses with Emby reading them.

Sure I use TMM too, and thats how it gets via omdb the rattings, could you show me your movie scrapping options for TMM to get the  "tomatometerallcritics" or is this edited outside the gui? I appreciate the help.

GrimReaper
5 minutes ago, rodainas said:

Sure I use TMM too, and thats how it gets via omdb the rattings, could you show me your movie scrapping options for TMM to get the  "tomatometerallcritics" or is this edited outside the gui? I appreciate the help.

Sure, here:

1410950144_Screenshot2021-06-11180216.thumb.png.c67eda03ea1ee1ef0cdb09a7d101bdec.png

856944499_Screenshot2021-06-11180321.thumb.png.d3638fe8984b2d010014f5a4b2568441.png

1181615435_Screenshot2021-06-11180359.thumb.png.26f9786947a70ccfce6650a165a2850d.png

214137789_Screenshot2021-06-11180611.thumb.png.84ec31c7619c82ac95c93be0ac3026d1.png

rodainas

Thank you for showing me that now I confirmed why I thought.

The settings are the same for me, the difference is am on the latest TMM v3 you are on v4.

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, rodainas said:

Thank you for showing me that now I confirmed why I thought.

The settings are the same for me, the difference is am on the latest TMM v3 you are on v4.

You could just replace all instances of "rottenTomatoes" with "tomatometerallcritics" in your nfos, then Emby would pick them up.

rodainas

Yes but I am not sure how to do this as a batch job for 4,000+ movies, will have to dig.

Yea, Notepad++ is great for search and replace across files!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

rodainas

Thank you, I was looking for a command line low resource fast solution

So if anyone is interested this is the command (linux)

find . -name *.nfo -exec sed -i 's/rottenTomatoes/tomatometerallcritics/g' {} \;

It scans recursively on every movie folder with .nfo files search for rottenTomatoes entry and replace it with tomatometerallcritics

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Hi guys. Resurrecting this old thread for a quick question. Does the above info about modifying the NFO file mean that I could theoretically rename the MetaCritic rating in the NFO to tomatometerallcritics and it will pull into Emby?

Happy2Play
16 minutes ago, spon said:

Hi guys. Resurrecting this old thread for a quick question. Does the above info about modifying the NFO file mean that I could theoretically rename the MetaCritic rating in the NFO to tomatometerallcritics and it will pull into Emby?

To my knowledge Emby read "criticrating" for this.

• Like 1