Top Picks support thread

chef

Junglejim
50 minutes ago, Painkiller8818 said:

@chef
The Top Picks are not the same for all users if i understand it correct, it is basing on what a user already watched, what he liked/ set as fav

So other users will see other Top Picks because they like different movies is this correct?

@Painkiller8818

"Hide fully played content from latest media" will affect it (home screen setting) + parental rating will also limit some lists. I don't think the users likes/favs come into it, it's just a admin list at the moment.

Edited by Junglejim

Painkiller8818
1 hour ago, Junglejim said:

@Painkiller8818

"Hide fully played content from latest media" will affect it (home screen setting) + parental rating will also limit some lists. I don't think the users likes/favs come into it, it's just a admin list at the moment.

ok interesting, because these settings seems to be user specific

image.thumb.png.f37292e1ac552282cbdec7600297dd5f.png

It is a general statistic for the entire server.

Certain items will be filtered in some accounts if the users parental ratings don't allow them to see the item.

If you have a rated R movie in top picks, users that aren't allowed to watch that movie, won't see it.

It does raise an interesting point. 

Perhaps there is a way to do a user specific list. I'm not sure though. 🤔

When the options say "user defined", it just means, items you have added to the list, and not the engagement task.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

Spaceboy

as far as i can see the basics of top picks are now working for me, fully populated, correct artwork and in the right order. i havent looked at any of the more complicated functionality but see others here are.

The one issue i still do have is common with what i reported in the new releases support thread. multi-versions of top picks (and new releases) are inconsistently displayed. i see no logic to work out why

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

as far as i can see the basics of top picks are now working for me, fully populated, correct artwork and in the right order. i havent looked at any of the more complicated functionality but see others here are.

The one issue i still do have is common with what i reported in the new releases support thread. multi-versions of top picks (and new releases) are inconsistently displayed. i see no logic to work out why

Could it be missing metadata data?

The items out of order, do they have premier/release dates attached to them? 

rbjtech
On 17/11/2022 at 19:08, GrimReaper said:

Top Pick items not picking-up from NFO/scraping/displaying Community and Critic ratings:

Original item:

image.thumb.png.4008e3015f17249a3779aa0ef7462efb.png

Top Pick item:

image.thumb.png.76bfa3a15a2336cf860db65bf67f04c9.png

This is normal for STRM files.

Once you have played it - those details should show up - but agree, it's then a bit late.

The STRM files are not scanned before because they are designed to be 'remote/cloud' and thus this would be a bad idea.

I have previously asked Luke if there is a way to force them to be scanned - but alas no.

Edited by rbjtech

GrimReaper
Just now, rbjtech said:

This is normal for STRM files.

Nope. That goes for MediaInfo details as item's not probed until first playback, but doesn't apply to Ratings, it was about NFO tags, @chef sorted it now. 👍

• Thanks 1

Painkiller8818

One more thing i detected at the moment, top picks seems to be treated like stand alone movies, so what i mean these movies are appearing twice in the library if you search for a movie or if you get recommendations what you may like.

Is there a way to fix this?

image.thumb.png.eb6eebd3d12fb550631813591dc10479.png

Spaceboy
4 hours ago, chef said:

Could it be missing metadata data?

The items out of order, do they have premier/release dates attached to them? 

nope - when i access the movie through the native emby new movie row or in the library both versions are listed.

no issues with items out of order other than the situation mentioned in the new releases thread for brand new movies

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Painkiller8818 said:

One more thing i detected at the moment, top picks seems to be treated like stand alone movies, so what i mean these movies are appearing twice in the library if you search for a movie or if you get recommendations what you may like.

Is there a way to fix this?

image.thumb.png.eb6eebd3d12fb550631813591dc10479.png

Unfortunately not at the moment.

But, I am keeping an eye out for a way to handle this if something comes up.

samuelqwe
16 hours ago, chef said:

Perhaps there is a way to do a user specific list. I'm not sure though. 🤔

Librairies support multiple folders, and access to those folders can be controlled individually per user.

So there’s likely a way you can assign each user a folder with top picks specifically relevant to them. I assume there might be an API endpoint that can control which folders a user has access to.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chef said:

Unfortunately not at the moment.

But, I am keeping an eye out for a way to handle this if something comes up.

As already stated, it does that for series also.....each episode in a season gets copied to each season. And if Specials are found on TVDB it creates a special folder, even though no sspecial episodes exist.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, woenk said:

As already stated, it does that for series also.....each episode in a season gets copied to each season. And if Specials are found on TVDB it creates a special folder, even though no sspecial episodes exist.

Specials get created?

I think I fix that. Let me take a look.

Painkiller8818
15 hours ago, samuelqwe said:

Librairies support multiple folders, and access to those folders can be controlled individually per user.

my thought was in the statistics you can also see what movies/shows a user already watched and based on this infos i think it might be possible to show each user different top picks.

Thats just how i would try to make it

Edited by Painkiller8818
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, samuelqwe said:

So there’s likely a way you can assign each user a folder with top picks specifically relevant to them. I assume there might be an API endpoint that can control which folders a user has access to.

I'm going to try this.

Any idea where we would limit user access to a folder?

Do we have to tag the items first?

samuelqwe
1 hour ago, chef said:

I'm going to try this.

Do we have to tag the items first?

I’m not sure off the top of my head, but you could look at what API calls the web UI is making when changing those settings.

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, chef said:

Access tab per user setup.

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, chef said:

I'm going to try this.

Plugin basically circumvents folder access as the Top Picks library become independent making a strm link to actual media without the need for access to any library except Top Picks.

22 hours ago, chef said:

Specials get created?

I think I fix that. Let me take a look.

Hopefully you can also fix the multiple episode in each season thingy....I think that is the most annoying one :D

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, woenk said:

Hopefully you can also fix the multiple episode in each season thingy....I think that is the most annoying one :D

Cool. 👍

Is it possible to see a screen shot of that issue?

horstepipe

Soo I checked it again by bypassing cloudflare and nginx, unfortunately same behavior.

I checked the browser‘s examine tab, the api call was ok after almost 4 minutes. I curled the same in console which worked fine, too. 
Any idea what to try next?

I have apologize, my family and I seem to contracted a nasty flu.

It's been awful the last day or so. Everybody in the house has it. 

So, if I'm lost here for a day or two that way.

But, I will be back. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, chef said:

I have apologize, my family and I seem to contracted a nasty flu.

It's been awful the last day or so. Everybody in the house has it. 

So, if I'm lost here for a day or two that way.

But, I will be back. 

Get well :D

No need to apologize if the flu catched you :D

• Like 1

Bottles51

@chef I'm trying to better understand how top picks is pulling art when using thumb images. It seems as it is not using the thumb I have stored with movie and is using a backdrop with the logo overlaid. So when I have no logo it generates a poster with no logo and no top pick number. Also if this is not the case and top picks is pulling new art, why not pull from existing? I spend the time to add all thumbs that are missing. Not so much time on logo.1772998429_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.13f69896ae7e0622551539b424175237.pngsting art? A lot of movies do not have thumb images to be pulled and i take the time to add them.

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

embyserver.txt

Edited by Bottles51