MediaInfo For Emby Plugin(HDR, Vision, Atmos, DTS:X)

Cheesegeezer

MagicDoubleM

True, resolution is covered mostly through emby. 

I like the idea with a field for custom strings a lot.... 👍

Teddyknuddel
On 5/31/2023 at 7:40 PM, MagicDoubleM said:

I had a DV7 files, which I converted to DV8.

What software do you use to convert?

rbjtech
1 hour ago, Teddyknuddel said:

What software do you use to convert?

If for Windows, then a large batch file from a user called 'RESET_9999' will do the job - Google is your friend .. the scripts/supporting apps are in the associated google docs page.

• Like 2

FrostByte

+1 for the Reset_9999 scripts.  There's also a thread on the MakeMKV forum you can ask questions.  

neik
On 5/15/2023 at 4:21 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

No API endpoint. What do you need it for? 

I would like to run this as soon as a new item is added is detected via RTM.
From the Wiki I learned that it should detect this and run automatically after a few minutes, unfortunately for me it does not really do anything although "AutoRun on new media added" is set, hence the thought about just triggering it via API to force to run.

The core stuff works just fine (e.g. creating BIF), it just this that doesn't play along the way I want it to.
I think I'll provide you guys a debug log to have a look at - maybe later tonight.

Just to be sure: The version in the catalogue (1.0.1.20) is still up-to-date, right?

rbjtech
2 minutes ago, neik said:

Just to be sure: The version in the catalogue (1.0.1.20) is still up-to-date, right?

From the catalogue yes, but my version has all sorts of extra bells and whistles now - it's up to 1.0.1.29 with .30 being released soon as well .. 🤪

But for your specific issue - are you saying this does not run when you add a new item - ie RTM ?  It needs to wait until the schduled scan to apply the changes ?

Remember this plugin makes changes to the MKV - so if Emby has already picked up the changes for lets say a new file, then the plugin makes the changes, then Emby will need to pick it up AGAIN and refresh the metadata to see the changes.

Can you explain exactly what you are seeing ?

neik
On 6/7/2023 at 4:48 PM, rbjtech said:

But for your specific issue - are you saying this does not run when you add a new item - ie RTM ?  It needs to wait until the schduled scan to apply the changes ?

Exactly, even running a library scan didn't cause the Mediainfo plugin to do its magic automatically I had to start the task myself.

I just worked around it by running the mediainfo task every minute now (way too tight, but doesn't do any harm either).

Teddyknuddel
6 minutes ago, neik said:

Exactly, even running a library scan didn't cause the Mediainfo plugin to do its magic automatically I had to start the task myself.

I just worked around it by running the mediainfo task every minute now (way too tight, but doesn't do any harm either).

I don't think it's the MediaInfo plugin. It scans everything flawlessly for me. It depends on which operating system you have as a basis. With my Synology I still had to make modifications, so that this reads me also new data.

neik
32 minutes ago, Teddyknuddel said:

With my Synology I still had to make modifications, so that this reads me also new data.

I'm on Ubuntu so might be a least similar to your Synology as it also has a Linux kernel afaik.
What modifications are you referring to exactly?

Teddyknuddel
1 hour ago, neik said:

I'm on Ubuntu so might be a least similar to your Synology as it also has a Linux kernel afaik.
What modifications are you referring to exactly?

This: 

But I don't know to what extent this now also applies to Ubuntu. Please look in the corresponding forum for the points where Emby does not read in automatically.

• Like 1

mrmorrison

Could anyone help me?

I had to change computers, consequently also the operating system (from W10 to W11) reinstalled Emby Server and installed the MediaInfo plugin.

Entered the paths of MediaInfoCLI and MkvToolnix, set the libraries, but if I launch the plugin from scheduled tasks, nothing happens (even with Refresh enabled). He managed to edit only a few films from my collection, which apparently have nothing in common.

I don't understand why the others (and the new ones to follow) don't touch them. "Reset all Embedded titles to Empty" doesn't work either

mrmorrison

An error occurred trying to start process 'C:\Users\Fabio\Programmi\mkvtoolnix' with working directory 'C:\Users\Fabio\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system'. Access denied.

mrmorrison

Resolved!

I don't know why but in the settings the paths of the mediainfo and mkvtoolnix files had changed

• Like 1

rbjtech
6 minutes ago, mrmorrison said:

Resolved!

I don't know why but in the settings the paths of the mediainfo and mkvtoolnix files had changed

Well investigated.  👍

if you turn on debug logging - the MediaInfo plugin has some very comprehensive logs on exactly what it is doing - so if you hit future issues, thats a good place to start.    Just don't forget to turn it off again or the logs will be huge .. :)

Enjoy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Teddyknuddel

I unfortunately updated the Synology to DSM 7.2 - which I now regret very much. My network has become slower, and apparently certain functions no longer benefit from the additional memory that is not officially allocated by Synology - my NAS sometimes really runs to the limit.

In any case, I now have the problem that MediaInfo just doesn't want to work any more - I started it last night in the scheduled tasks, and this morning the status bar was still at 0%. And as long as that, no new videos are being read in either. What can I do?

embyserver.txt

Edited by Teddyknuddel

rbjtech
53 minutes ago, Teddyknuddel said:

Anyone at home?

I guess you need to reinstall it - if it worked before the 'upgrade' and now doesn't - that's all I can suggest I'm afraid as I do not believe there is anything specific about the Synology DSM version - the Plugin does not care.  Also check mkvpropedit and mediainfocli permisions, I would have hoped an OS upgrade inherited what was there already, but maybe it reset them ?  @FrostBytemay be able to provide assistance here - but try a full reinstall/permisions first.

An emby debug log would also tell us a lot of info, if it still does not work... ;)

Edited by rbjtech

FrostByte

If you installed mediainfo and mkvtoolnix from SynoCommunity then you will need to install another version from the respective sites.  I had a message after upgrading to DSM 7.2 that the SynoCommunity versions were incompatible.  

Edited by FrostByte
  • Thanks 2

rbjtech
42 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

If you installed mediainfo and mkvtoolnix from SynoCommunity then you will need to install another version from the respective sites.  I had a message after upgrading to DSM 7.2 that the SynoCommunity versions were incompatible.  

Fantastic - thanks @FrostByte - @Teddyknuddelthere is your answer - you'll need to source the mediainfo and mkvpropedit directly from the application sites ensuring they are compatible with DSM v7.2

I have updated the Wiki to give a warning on DSM 7.2 ...

https://github.com/Cheesegeezer/MediaInfoWiki/wiki/Various-OS-Installation-Help#2-synology-nas

Edited by rbjtech
  • Thanks 1

Teddyknuddel
30 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

So it does not work now for the time being until it has been updated accordingly? Or is there a link?

Teddyknuddel

Thank you - but I don't know whether this combination will then also work - Emby is installed regularly. Whether I can then also use MKVTOOLNIX in Docker and Emby normally?

rbjtech
1 minute ago, Teddyknuddel said:

Thank you - but I don't know whether this combination will then also work - Emby is installed regularly. Whether I can then also use MKVTOOLNIX in Docker and Emby normally?

The MediaInfo Plugin is using both mkvpropedit (from mkvtoolnix) and mediainfo (cli) as external applications/libraries.  Emby does not interfere with them - so as long as you can get them as 'working / stand alone' applications on the synology - then you just need to point the Plugin to those 'working' executables.    

Probably easier said than done ... ! B)