MediaInfo For Emby Plugin(HDR, Vision, Atmos, DTS:X)

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer
5 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

is this just a Unix issues Dave - As I've just checked using accents on one of my files and the current version appears to work ok ?

(some of the lines look a little funky, but it appears to write the correct info to the MKV - log attached for 'Lèon the Professional'

leon.txt 9.59 kB · 1 download

Well my pretty little fix doesn't work because my only the fly recode to unicode, breaks the path because they do not match.

I need to work on this some more

hmmmmm

• Like 1

MAX92
3 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I should have a fix for this shortly, would you be able to test for me please, before I release

Sure, No problem

Edited by MAX92

MAX92

If I can say, why you rename the file when you put element in ? 

Indeed, my files are renamed after using the plugin : Alibi Com - 720p.h264.dca.mkv --> Alibi Com.mkv ?

1971camaroguy
On 6/2/2022 at 5:05 AM, Cheesegeezer said:

After doing some Googling found this thread

Which version of Unix is unRaid based on? - General Support - Unraid

Which points to this

The Slackware Linux Project: Configuration Help

So you should download Slackware Linux MediaInfo

MediaInfo - Download MediaInfo for Slackware (mediaarea.net)

image.png.d1f40b4980f1eb10b4672c2727920da8.png

Anyone successfully get this running on thier unraid server? It's way over my head, I just need some good directions...I can follow that lol

rbjtech
On 30/03/2023 at 15:43, MAX92 said:

If I can say, why you rename the file when you put element in ? 

Indeed, my files are renamed after using the plugin : Alibi Com - 720p.h264.dca.mkv --> Alibi Com.mkv ?

Not with this plugin they are not - the title video streams are renames yes (so emby can pick them up, the entire concept of the plugin), but the actual filename is not changed at all - it's not even re-written. 

rbjtech
19 hours ago, 1971camaroguy said:

Anyone successfully get this running on thier unraid server? It's way over my head, I just need some good directions...I can follow that lol

Take a look here - we don;t have specific instructions for 'unraid' - but you may be able to adapt some of the linux instructions ?

https://github.com/Cheesegeezer/MediaInfoWiki/wiki/Various-OS-Installation-Help

MagicDoubleM

Is it save to update to the latest MediaInfo (23.03)? It looks like it has some interesting additions/fixes that could be nice here.

Edited by MagicDoubleM

Cheesegeezer
18 minutes ago, MagicDoubleM said:

Is it save to update to the latest MediaInfo (23.03)? It looks like it has some interesting additions/fixes that could be nice here.

Can you expand please on the additional features it can create. Because any of these won’t be in the code so you won’t benefit from it.

MagicDoubleM
58 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Can you expand please on the additional features it can create. Because any of these won’t be in the code so you won’t benefit from it.

Let's see, from the changelog I think these points can be of some interest:

+ DTS: Detection of IMAX Enhanced
+ MOV/MP4: Add HDR Vivid format support
+ HEVC: Add HDR Vivid format support
+ AVC: detection of more profiles
+ ChannelLayout: difference between M (Mono) and C (Center, part of multichannel content)
+ AC-3: detection of channel layout also for encrypted content
+ AC-4 and MPEG-H 3D Audio: Merged channel layout (all sub-streams together)
+ DTS: Detection of real bit depth e.g. 20 instead of only byte aligned bit depth (16 or 24)
+ AAC: detection of eSBR (and fix of random wrong PS detection)
x AV1: add HDR format line and fix HDR values
x AAC and WAV: fix of channel layout display for 5 front channels

Nothing elementary groundbreaking, but it looks like a solid update thats worthy to support.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rbjtech
11 hours ago, MagicDoubleM said:

Let's see, from the changelog I think these points can be of some interest:

+ DTS: Detection of IMAX Enhanced
+ MOV/MP4: Add HDR Vivid format support
+ HEVC: Add HDR Vivid format support
+ AVC: detection of more profiles
+ ChannelLayout: difference between M (Mono) and C (Center, part of multichannel content)
+ AC-3: detection of channel layout also for encrypted content
+ AC-4 and MPEG-H 3D Audio: Merged channel layout (all sub-streams together)
+ DTS: Detection of real bit depth e.g. 20 instead of only byte aligned bit depth (16 or 24)
+ AAC: detection of eSBR (and fix of random wrong PS detection)
x AV1: add HDR format line and fix HDR values
x AAC and WAV: fix of channel layout display for 5 front channels

Nothing elementary groundbreaking, but it looks like a solid update thats worthy to support.

We would need to see what the 'output' of these detections are to then apply in the format helper for example.

So the best way to get new/extra support is to supply the file or sample of the file so we can investigate adding.

For rare formats it's likely not worth the time to add, but for new codecs such as the AV1 support - that could be adding.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Cheesegeezer

@MagicDoubleMjust to add to Rich’s comments. Please supply the JSON output from MediaInfo.

i may just update my MediaInfo and test but im busy on something else at the moment. 

thanks

• Like 1

darkman1983TS

Hi guys, i've put together a little bash script, which could be used together with a cronjob to check if the tools already installed in the docker container. If they were not, they will be installed.

#!/bin/bash

if [ "`docker inspect -f {{.State.Running}} emby`" != "true" ]; then
  echo "Der Embycontainer läuft nicht, warte auf nächsten durchlauf..."
  exit
fi

if [ "`docker exec emby /bin/bash -c 'which mediainfo'`" == "/usr/bin/mediainfo" ]; then
  echo "Tools sind installiert! Nichts zu tun."
  exit
fi

echo "Die Tool's sind nicht installiert, installiere sie nun."
echo ""
echo "Installiere MKVTool repository"
docker exec emby curl -s -o /usr/share/keyrings/gpg-pub-moritzbunkus.gpg https://mkvtoolnix.download/gpg-pub-moritzbunkus.gpg
docker exec emby /usr/bin/bash -c "touch /usr/share/keyrings/gpg-pub-moritzbunkus.gpg; printf 'deb [arch=amd64 signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/gpg-pub-moritzbunkus.gpg] https://mkvtoolnix.download/ubuntu/ jammy main\ndeb-src [arch=amd64 signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/gpg-pub-moritzbunkus.gpg] https://mkvtoolnix.download/ubuntu/ jammy main' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mkvtoolnix.download.list"

echo "Installiere Mediainfo"
echo ""
docker exec emby /usr/bin/bash -c "apt-get update; apt-get install -y mediainfo"

echo ""
echo "Installiere MKVTool"
docker exec emby /usr/bin/bash -c "apt-get install -y mkvtoolnix=70.0.0-0~ubuntu2204bunkus01 mkvtoolnix-gui=70.0.0-0~ubuntu2204bunkus01"

echo ""
echo "Die Tools wurden installiert, sie sind unter /usr/bin/ verfügbar."

If you're on unraid, like me, you could add it in the "user-scripts" plugin and set an interval, if you use custom interval, you could put your own cron timing in there.

There's still space for improvements for this little bash script (like silence apt-get output on installing -> apt-get install -qq -o=Dpkg::Use-Pty=0 <packages>) and I'm too lazy to translate my German text in there xD

I don't know, if the Bif-Tool is still need, I've seen, that emby already uses the bif tool in a changelog or was it in a topic for a generator or something for windows?? Can't remember...

Greetings

Dark

Edited by darkman1983TS
typo
  • Thanks 1

darkman1983TS

Can't edit my last post, the touch part has to be: "touch /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mkvtoolnix.download.list" instead of "touch /usr/share/keyrings/gpg-pub-moritzbunkus.gpg" 😅

Cheesegeezer
5 hours ago, darkman1983TS said:

Hi guys, i've put together a little bash script, which could be used together with a cronjob to check if the tools already installed in the docker container. If they were not, they will be installed.

If you're on unraid, like me, you could add it in the "user-scripts" plugin and set an interval, if you use custom interval, you could put your own cron timing in there.

There's still space for improvements for this little bash script (like silence apt-get output on installing -> apt-get install -qq -o=Dpkg::Use-Pty=0 <packages>) and I'm too lazy to translate my German text in there xD

I don't know, if the Bif-Tool is still need, I've seen, that emby already uses the bif tool in a changelog or was it in a topic for a generator or something for windows?? Can't remember...

Greetings

Dark

5 hours ago, darkman1983TS said:

Can't edit my last post, the touch part has to be: "touch /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mkvtoolnix.download.list" instead of "touch /usr/share/keyrings/gpg-pub-moritzbunkus.gpg" 😅

Hi Darkman, firstly welcome to the Forums, secondly thanks for your help with the Unraid setup help. 

we would love to add this to the Wiki if thats ok with you. Are there any other specific instructions that need to be followed to get this working.

i agree regarding the bif tool but I have decided to leave it in. I cant remember if the New emby hdr-sdr conversion is in the release or the beta version. 

thanks again and look forward to seeing more of you around! 

cheers

darkman1983TS

Yeah, for sure you can - that's the reason, I've added it here. If it's the Linuxserver.io docker, there should be no additional than these below.

As i stated before, i recommend using the "User Scripts" plugin:

1. Install the plugin from the community appstore

2. Add a entry for the script to it (After creating a new entry, click the wheel icon and then "Edit Script", paste the script and save the changes)

3. Set your cronjob interval (the one in the screenshot is every 10 minutes) and click apply

4. Leave as is and wait or click the run button to test it now

Greetings

Dark

Screenshot_20230414_141151_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20230414_141329_Brave.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
neik

Anyone using RTM on his library and having the issue that the Mediainfo plugin isn't starting automatically when new files are detected although "AutoRun on new media added" is set?

If that is working as designed, is there any way to run this via API or curl call?

MAX92
On 3/30/2023 at 11:51 AM, Cheesegeezer said:

I should have a fix for this shortly, would you be able to test for me please, before I release

Do you have some news @Cheesegeezer

I can test if you want

Regards 

neik
On 5/10/2023 at 11:08 PM, neik said:

is there any way to run this via API or curl call?

Cheese, rbj?

rbjtech
2 hours ago, neik said:

Cheese, rbj?

Don't think so - the API layer was not added. 

Cheesegeezer
On 10/05/2023 at 23:09, MAX92 said:

Do you have some news @Cheesegeezer

I can test if you want

Regards 

Not had time… sorry, i should have time on Thursday 

2 hours ago, neik said:

Cheese, rbj?

No API endpoint. What do you need it for? 

Edited by Cheesegeezer

• 2 weeks later...
MagicDoubleM

Lately I stumbled across a few movies of whicht he audio-tracks don't get recognized correctly. Tried MediaInfo 23.04 instead of 22.12, but that didn't make a difference. An example:

image.png.e1da49df21d2e13678bee87d121573a6.pngimage.png.3472ded6e3a09c8752c9c82466bd2d25.png

mediainfo.xml

There should be a bit more info about the audio-track, since I have these options enabled:
image.png.5e13714db96705b69d99d0ecdd3d0dd1.png

Edited by MagicDoubleM

rbjtech

Can you provide the mediainfo output in JSON format.

that attached XML doesn't look right - all the values are there multiple times ?

I just checked the latest MediaInfo - and it's still all working perfectly for me (the Plugin uses JSON output as input for it's Title naming ...)

MagicDoubleM
43 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Can you provide the mediainfo output in JSON format.

that attached XML doesn't look right - all the values are there multiple times ?

I just checked the latest MediaInfo - and it's still all working perfectly for me (the Plugin uses JSON output as input for it's Title naming ...)

No idea what went wrong with the xml.
No problem, JSON with 23.04 here we go:mediainfo.json

Edited by MagicDoubleM