MediaInfo For Emby Plugin(HDR, Vision, Atmos, DTS:X)

Cheesegeezer

Kandidat1999
18 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Hi Dave - no setting on the Shield - it just displays the Title according to the emby server settings - so if the Apple displays it, so should the Shield.

Possibly need a screen grab of the full Shield screen (2nd pic above) to confirm. 

Which part do you need from the 2nd screen?

19 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

@Kandidat1999Enable "Show Pre-playback Media Selection" in app settings. 

Are we talking Shield App or Setting on the Emby Server? I could not find anything in the App of the Shield that would be called anything close to this in German.

rbjtech

Every day is a school day lol.

@GrimReaper- you are spot on.

I think it must default to 'ON' - as I've never needed to turn this on.

image.thumb.png.cf328d828bb94efe777a51fca39283da.png

With it ON (default?) - you get the Title Info ..

image.thumb.png.0b0fc375ef0206c180f123e021c47aaf.png

With it OFF - you don't..

image.thumb.png.968fcb53ea05ed1777d114cc64b8b4ec.png

So As Grim says - I suspect this is the problem here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, Kandidat1999 said:

Are we talking Shield App or Setting on the Emby Server? I could not find anything in the App of the Shield that would be called anything close to this in German.

Shield, AndroidTV app settings, Playback tab, 4th item in a row (below Show Up Next Preview). 

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
14 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Every day is a school day lol.

@GrimReaper- you are spot on.

I think it must default to 'ON' - as I've never needed to turn this on.

image.thumb.png.cf328d828bb94efe777a51fca39283da.png

With it ON (default?) - you get the Title Info ..

image.thumb.png.0b0fc375ef0206c180f123e021c47aaf.png

With it OFF - you don't..

image.thumb.png.968fcb53ea05ed1777d114cc64b8b4ec.png

So As Grim says - I suspect this is the problem here.

You wanna add this to the wiki? Shield specific 

Kandidat1999
7 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

You wanna add this to the wiki? Shield specific 

Got it!!! Thanks 

rbjtech
6 minutes ago, Kandidat1999 said:

I feel honored to have been a part of this...lol

Thanks for the query - I'm surprised tbh this is the first time this has been mentioned as it's a popular plugin for AV Enthusiasts (who are usually running the Shield..)

Enjoy !

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, rbjtech said:

Thanks for the query - I'm surprised tbh this is the first time this has been mentioned as it's a popular plugin for AV Enthusiasts (who are usually running the Shield..)

Enjoy !

I have to agree and moreso… you didn’t know about this haha 😛😂😉

• Haha 2

Cheesegeezer

Rich!! I have to say that you’ve done an absolutely sterling job with the wiki, been a while since i have looked at it and it just is great, and would hold the hand for setup of anyone new to the plugin!! 

kudos my friend 👍

• Agree 2

rbjtech
1 minute ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Rich!! I have to say that you’ve done an absolutely sterling job with the wiki, been a while since i have looked at it and it just is great, and would hold the hand for setup of anyone new to the plugin!! 

kudos my friend 👍

Thanks Dave - Your coding ain't bad either  (🤣 .. kidding, kidding - don't hate me!) 

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1

Kandidat1999

One more question, the movies that are not recognized or getting a tag that looks not finished, will this stay like this, or could they get correctly tagged eventually?

Edited by Kandidat1999

Cheesegeezer
12 hours ago, Kandidat1999 said:

One more question, the movies that are not recognized or getting a tag that looks not finished, will this stay like this, or could they get correctly tagged eventually?

Can you confirm these movies are not in an mkv container. 

The plugin will only address mkv files because writing to the headers is non invasive and doesn’t require the file to be remuxed after writing the titles.

rbjtech
16 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

kudos my friend 👍

@Cheesegeezer

Hi Dave - Actually I noticed the Wiki was a little out of date on other items following yesterdays update - so I've restructured it all and added all the missing functions such as 'reprocess' / 'library selection' and the MKV check.

Full menu structure below -

https://github.com/Cheesegeezer/MediaInfoWiki/wiki

image.png.2ae89de29b08a342425b0b68ff106cc8.png

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
56 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

@Cheesegeezer

Hi Dave - Actually I noticed the Wiki was a little out of date on other items following yesterdays update - so I've restructured it all and added all the missing functions such as 'reprocess' / 'library selection' and the MKV check.

Full menu structure below -

image.png.2ae89de29b08a342425b0b68ff106cc8.png

Perfect Rich!! Cheers fella. 

hoping to get some time next week to add the ac3/DD2.0 extract to the tool kit. We can catch up on teams for this one. 

• Like 1

allineedis

Hi, hope its OK to ask a question in this thread.

Not sure what I did, but the plugin suddenly starts opening a media info window when I or the plugin itself starts to process " Advanced Media Information". Once the Media info GUI has opened, it appears that the plugin stops processing. At least the percentage does not increase.

I attached a log file, but all Klingon to me...

embyserver(1).txt

rbjtech
30 minutes ago, allineedis said:

Hi, hope its OK to ask a question in this thread.

Not sure what I did, but the plugin suddenly starts opening a media info window when I or the plugin itself starts to process " Advanced Media Information". Once the Media info GUI has opened, it appears that the plugin stops processing. At least the percentage does not increase.

I attached a log file, but all Klingon to me...

embyserver(1).txt 44.66 MB · 0 downloads

Make sure you are using the MediaInfoCLI executable.  It sounds like you are pointing to the GUI version ?

Maybe take a look here - section 1 - initial Setup :-

edit - yes, ensure the MediaInfo.exe is the CLI version.  My advice would be to download it and then rename it to mediainfocli.exe - and then point the Plugin at that.

image.png.c84d603cc6d3d934f227f146c2ec5274.png

Edited by rbjtech
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
13 minutes ago, allineedis said:

Yup, that was it. Guys never read instructions 😂...

works perfect now.

Thanks

Glad your sorted

rbjtech

To report - I've seen no issues with this Plugin (v1.0.1.23 - In the Catalogue) with the latest Emby Beta (4.8.0.26)

The main related change is Emby can now identify 'Dolby Vision' (instead of just HDR10), but unfortunately it still does not expand on this - and simply tags it '4K Dolby Vision' - no mention of it displaying HDR10 as well for backwards compatible files. :(  Missed opportunity - it should say '4K Dolby Vision+HDR10' for DV7 and DV8 files imo.

Note, to get this to change - you need to Refresh the metadata for that item (or entire library), it won't do it automatically.  It won't impact how it plays, it's just a visual identifier for those that don't use the Plugin. 

Of course the results from the Plugin are displayed in the Title as well - so you'll get the full DV (and HD Audio) detail info as you did before.

@Cheesegeezer

@softworkz

FYI

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 3

johnrobsonuk

Morning

Sorry very new here just moved over from plex as I had constant buffering anyways.

Is this an add-on I download from the catalog? sorry if this is a stupid question.

rbjtech
1 minute ago, johnrobsonuk said:

Morning

Sorry very new here just moved over from plex as I had constant buffering anyways.

Is this an add-on I download from the catalog? sorry if this is a stupid question.

Hi.. yes its in the Plugin Catalogue under Metadata section I believe.  There is a wiki link on the help pages if you get stuck as you need to also externally install mediainfo CLI version and mkvpropedit.   

Ping us if you have issues and we'll try and help.

• Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
11 minutes ago, johnrobsonuk said:

Morning

Firstly, welcome to a real community, lots of helpful people here and congrats for making the move.

Just to add to Rich’s comments here is the link here for install, setup instructions 

Got luck and let us know how you get on 👍👍