MediaInfo For Emby Plugin(HDR, Vision, Atmos, DTS:X)

Cheesegeezer

MrLinford
On 09/10/2023 at 22:15, Rikitydj said:

root@Tower:~# docker exec -it EmbyServer bash
OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: unable to start container process: exec: "bash": executable file not found in $PATH: unknown
root@Tower:~#

any ideas?

I would suggest moving to the Linux Server template in unraid if you really want to use this plugin.

You can export and import the server config to help save time, using another plugin for EMBY.

MrLinford
22 hours ago, Rikitydj said:

I struggled to get GPU encoding working with the linux server template, which is crucial for me

I had no issue setting up for Intel CPU following their guide.

Well you could maybe revisit it?

supermood

hi that plug-in looks perfect!!! THANKS!!! need it 😁

will it be in the catalogue soon? I see 55 pages and over a year of tests..? 

my emby Server runs on a synology nas and in case something doesn't work out I will be complete lost. completely!! I did everything on that thing with step by step (for 100% complete dummies) 

and if no catalogue, can I just run it (where to download cannot find a link on page 1..?) or is there any risk that my whole libray will go south, I read something about renaming mkv files? my mkv files are currently just title and (year) but why not... 

MrLinford
On 17/10/2023 at 04:50, Rikitydj said:

I don't want to risk losing everything! 

I guess I could setup an entirely seperate container? Or would they conflict? 

The should work separately you may have to change port for one of them or stop one work on the new and if it doesn't work out just remove and fire upon the old one

• 1 month later...

@rbjtech, any idea why this is not being detected as DV & HDR and says "1080p" instead?

{
"@type": "Video",
"StreamOrder": "0",
"ID": "1",
"UniqueID": "3213967081321231759",
"Format": "HEVC",
"Format_Profile": "Main 10",
"Format_Level": "4",
"Format_Tier": "High",
"HDR_Format": "Dolby Vision",
"HDR_Format_Version": "1.0",
"HDR_Format_Profile": "dvhe.08",
"HDR_Format_Level": "03",
"HDR_Format_Settings": "BL+RPU",
"HDR_Format_Compatibility": "HDR10",
"CodecID": "V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC",
"Duration": "2902.459000000",
"BitRate": "1989703",
"Width": "1920",
"Height": "1080",
"Sampled_Width": "1920",
"Sampled_Height": "1080",
"PixelAspectRatio": "1.000",
"DisplayAspectRatio": "1.778",
"FrameRate_Mode": "CFR",
"FrameRate": "24.000",
"FrameRate_Num": "24",
"FrameRate_Den": "1",
"FrameCount": "69659",
"Standard": "Component",
"ColorSpace": "YUV",
"ChromaSubsampling": "4:2:0",
"BitDepth": "10",
"Delay": "0.000",
"Delay_Source": "Container",
"StreamSize": "721878966",
"Title": "1080p ",
"Default": "Yes",
"Forced": "No",
"colour_description_present": "Yes",
"colour_description_present_Source": "Stream",
"colour_range": "Limited",
"colour_range_Source": "Stream",
"colour_primaries": "BT.2020",
"colour_primaries_Source": "Stream",
"transfer_characteristics": "PQ",
"transfer_characteristics_Source": "Stream",
"matrix_coefficients": "BT.2020 non-constant",
"matrix_coefficients_Source": "Stream"
},
{

Corrupted source maybe?

• 2 weeks later...
rbjtech
On 10/12/2023 at 19:42, neik said:

@rbjtech, any idea why this is not being detected as DV & HDR and says "1080p" instead?

{
"@type": "Video",
"StreamOrder": "0",
"ID": "1",
"UniqueID": "3213967081321231759",
"Format": "HEVC",
"Format_Profile": "Main 10",
"Format_Level": "4",
"Format_Tier": "High",
"HDR_Format": "Dolby Vision",
"HDR_Format_Version": "1.0",
"HDR_Format_Profile": "dvhe.08",
"HDR_Format_Level": "03",
"HDR_Format_Settings": "BL+RPU",
"HDR_Format_Compatibility": "HDR10",
"CodecID": "V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC",
"Duration": "2902.459000000",
"BitRate": "1989703",
"Width": "1920",
"Height": "1080",
"Sampled_Width": "1920",
"Sampled_Height": "1080",
"PixelAspectRatio": "1.000",
"DisplayAspectRatio": "1.778",
"FrameRate_Mode": "CFR",
"FrameRate": "24.000",
"FrameRate_Num": "24",
"FrameRate_Den": "1",
"FrameCount": "69659",
"Standard": "Component",
"ColorSpace": "YUV",
"ChromaSubsampling": "4:2:0",
"BitDepth": "10",
"Delay": "0.000",
"Delay_Source": "Container",
"StreamSize": "721878966",
"Title": "1080p ",
"Default": "Yes",
"Forced": "No",
"colour_description_present": "Yes",
"colour_description_present_Source": "Stream",
"colour_range": "Limited",
"colour_range_Source": "Stream",
"colour_primaries": "BT.2020",
"colour_primaries_Source": "Stream",
"transfer_characteristics": "PQ",
"transfer_characteristics_Source": "Stream",
"matrix_coefficients": "BT.2020 non-constant",
"matrix_coefficients_Source": "Stream"
},
{

Corrupted source maybe?

Hi - yea the HDR_Format settings look different to what the Plugin uses - it could be that it is a 1080p source, but saying just 'Dolby Vision' - it is getting ignored.

If you want it recognised as DV8 - then change the HDR_Format to "Dolby Vision / SMPTE ST 2086" the same as every other DV8 out there .. ;)

Then re-process the file in the plugin so it can pick up the changes within the MKV.

Edited by rbjtech
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
keemy

Can a function be added to the plugin to ignore anything in "[example]" in the audio tag names before it rewrites the files. So output would look something like FLAC 2.0 [589Kb/s] [example] thus leaving the description intact. I know this seems like an odd request but I have a few files specifically anime that have 2 English dubs and I would like to keep the description in the filenames.

rbjtech
On 06/01/2024 at 06:19, keemy said:

Can a function be added to the plugin to ignore anything in "[example]" in the audio tag names before it rewrites the files. So output would look something like FLAC 2.0 [589Kb/s] [example] thus leaving the description intact. I know this seems like an odd request but I have a few files specifically anime that have 2 English dubs and I would like to keep the description in the filenames.

It's not really something I would consider adding - the logic of the title naming comes 100% from the mediainfo or the filename (for specials) - the existing title is not considered.

supermood

how can I get the Plugin? the post that it is in the catalog is 2 years old. I still cannot find it. I will not read 55 pages.

and why is that not integrated in emby. should be standard functionality? 

thanks for help! 

rbjtech
9 minutes ago, supermood said:

how can I get the Plugin? the post that it is in the catalog is 2 years old. I still cannot find it. I will not read 55 pages.

and why is that not integrated in emby. should be standard functionality? 

thanks for help! 

This is my latest custom released version - 1.0.1.34 - not sure if this version has the 'specials' from the filename or not.

I do actually have a few updates since then but have not publically released as it's not fully tested.  Happy to PM though.

As with all 3rd party plugins - use and test at your own risk. :)

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1

supermood

hi thanks. but I'm not an it guy. technology should make my life easier. I read the first parts of the wiki and I'm not understanding one word. unfortunately I will not be able to install the Plugin on my synology and I will continue to get emby standard media info like 10 years ago. 

even the home theater app from zidoo has dv and dts x info out of the box even with great filter. and that means something! it's basically the only thing that works over there.

I'm really not understanding why emby server doesn't have that in standard

rbjtech
18 hours ago, supermood said:

hi thanks. but I'm not an it guy. technology should make my life easier. I read the first parts of the wiki and I'm not understanding one word. unfortunately I will not be able to install the Plugin on my synology and I will continue to get emby standard media info like 10 years ago. 

even the home theater app from zidoo has dv and dts x info out of the box even with great filter. and that means something! it's basically the only thing that works over there.

I'm really not understanding why emby server doesn't have that in standard

Emby can direct Play these formats - it just can't in a lot of cases identify the detail on what it's playing - but I agree, it's a poor state of things in 2024 not to be able to identify Dolby Atmos etc etc.

• Like 2

MagicDoubleM
8 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Emby can direct Play these formats - it just can't in a lot of cases identify the detail on what it's playing - but I agree, it's a poor state of things in 2024 not to be able to identify Dolby Atmos etc etc.

Emby's development is a bit slow currently and focused on polishing smaller things...

On 1/7/2024 at 4:06 PM, rbjtech said:

I do actually have a few updates since then but have not publically released as it's not fully tested.  Happy to PM though.

I'm interested... Put it out as beta and tell us what to test/look out for, or send a PM if you want.

supermood
9 hours ago, rbjtech said:

hi I know it can direct play these files. everything I've ever watched on shield, z9x pro, lg oled was direct. but that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic imho ;) 

it's just not possible to search for dv movies or at least see what you will watch before. and yes, 2024. for me unbelievable. I have no clue about programming and the efforts here but I would think that's basic. real standard. nothing to discuss. bring it. 

rbjtech
9 minutes ago, supermood said:

hi I know it can direct play these files. everything I've ever watched on shield, z9x pro, lg oled was direct. but that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic imho ;) 

it's just not possible to search for dv movies or at least see what you will watch before. and yes, 2024. for me unbelievable. I have no clue about programming and the efforts here but I would think that's basic. real standard. nothing to discuss. bring it. 

Again - don't disagree, it should all be possible in the Core product - and this is what the the Plugin (with my enhancements) brings - simply by tagging the info identified by MediaInfo.

Want to see all your DV8 movies with a DTS:X 7.1 Soundtrack - simples ...

image.png.87e24c373ae5cc1e5e19c8f6028b755a.png

It identifies, and tags pretty much every conceivable audio and video codec ...  it does a few other useful 'filter' options as well such as cuts etc derived from the filename ..

image.png.471f3c66b36ee47daddc1538b256cfcd.png

Edited by rbjtech

supermood

your Plugin looks perfect I said that 6 months ago. I'm just not able to use it. I would surely self destruct something

Teddyknuddel

@rbjtech
I know you can't display the Prefer Embedded Titles in Kodi. But couldn't this option simply be integrated into the title description or title overview? Alternativ.thumb.png.a540e48de6f4d95f9e838816fe0e2539.png

I have now entered this here by hand.

So you could also see this under Kodi if you can't or don't want to use the Emby app itself.

Edited by Teddyknuddel

rbjtech
1 hour ago, Teddyknuddel said:

@rbjtech
I know you can't display the Prefer Embedded Titles in Kodi. But couldn't this option simply be integrated into the title description or title overview? Alternativ.thumb.png.a540e48de6f4d95f9e838816fe0e2539.png

I have now entered this here by hand.

So you could also see this under Kodi if you can't or don't want to use the Emby app itself.

So interestingly, I have dabbled in using the 'Tagline' on both TV Series (top level) and Overview for Music - to add a 'TV Series' quality (as I personally believe this should be an option - not just at episode level.  The majority of people are going to have the same quality throughout all their episodes..).    The same with Albums - I want to know the entire Album is FLAC blah blah at the Album level, not wait until I play a track.

The main issue is the limited space to display it - it looks fine in your example above - but some displays only have 2 or 3 lines - in which case, you will not see the overview at all :(

Technically - it's easy to do - you just take the overview and insert the track titles followed by new lines and re-write it.

However, newlines are also a pain because some of the clients don't respect them, others do.

For Kodi - the best option is probably to get them to read the track titles - as getting the above is going to be 'messy' .. ;)

Edited by rbjtech

Teddyknuddel
4 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Technically - it's easy to do - you just take the overview and insert the track titles followed by new lines and re-write it.

However, newlines are also a pain because some of the clients don't respect them, others do.

For Kodi - the best option is probably to get them to read the track titles - as getting the above is going to be 'messy' .. ;)

You just have to be able to activate or deactivate it, as you have made possible in many other areas. If you don't want it, deactivate it, if you want it, activate it - very simple.

Doing the whole thing by hand is actually an impossibility.

rbjtech
1 hour ago, Teddyknuddel said:

You just have to be able to activate or deactivate it, as you have made possible in many other areas. If you don't want it, deactivate it, if you want it, activate it - very simple.

Doing the whole thing by hand is actually an impossibility.

ok - when I get some time, I'll look to add this as an option to prefix the description with the codec details above - default will be off.. :)

• Like 3

Teddyknuddel
1 hour ago, rbjtech said:

ok - when I get some time, I'll look to add this as an option to prefix the description with the codec details above - default will be off.. :)

That would be absolutely amazing👌

• 2 weeks later...
Teddyknuddel
On 1/11/2024 at 1:16 PM, rbjtech said:

Any news?

Is it actually possible to re-record entire series, or is it only possible with the individual episodes?