MediaInfo For Emby Plugin(HDR, Vision, Atmos, DTS:X)

Cheesegeezer

Teddyknuddel

@MAX92

Is there anything working here with the tasks?

image.thumb.png.a17f53c2b943b3143e9df6d8e2c4d9cc.png

When the media libary is scanning, you have to run that first until you see the changes. Have added new ones myself, and it doesn't show up in Emby because it's busy with this task.

Did you even run this task manually again?

image.thumb.png.dea8885bfa624925610a3ea659b4b2db.png

Edited by Teddyknuddel

MAX92
1 hour ago, rbjtech said:

Simply put - if it works on some titles but not others - then the issue is going to be file permissions on those files or the files are in use.  It uses the same 3rd party programs to make every change on the 'Title' substreams in each MKV - it just repeats it on each file.

That what I think but... 

MAX92
1 minute ago, Teddyknuddel said:

@MAX92

Is there anything working here with the tasks?

image.thumb.png.a17f53c2b943b3143e9df6d8e2c4d9cc.png

When the media libary is scanning, you have to run that first until you see the changes. Have added new ones myself, and it doesn't show up in Emby because it's busy with this task.

Yes I rescan my library. But no change. Doesn't work with the file attached either.

HD DTS-HD - dts-sound-unbound-callout-11.1-lossless-(www.demolandia.net).mkv

Teddyknuddel

@MAX92
How does it look when you add new videos in general? Are they there right away, or do you usually have to scan them manually first? If so, then this guide might help:

Maybe this will help with the visible changes of MediaInfo.

But in general you have to make sure that "sc-mkvtoolnix" makes the changes to the track names.

Edited by Teddyknuddel

rbjtech
23 minutes ago, MAX92 said:

Yes I rescan my library. But no change. Doesn't work with the file attached either.

HD DTS-HD - dts-sound-unbound-callout-11.1-lossless-(www.demolandia.net).mkv 46.49 MB · 4 downloads

Don't see any issues with that file ?

image.png.4fe637c3262a0763294725da4a2ccc12.png

Are you sure you have the correct LIBRARIES enabled in the Plugin ?

ie

image.thumb.png.081da165249cd5e4d93cb659c607c2ad.png

Edited by rbjtech

MAX92

Thanks @rbjtechand @Teddyknuddel

I install and run the script "How to fix RTM not working caused by limited inotify instances/watches"

I rescan all my libraries with EMBY and then run a rescan all with media Toolbox. I check I have the correct librairies enabled in the Plugin.

And not good 😬

MAX92

I suspect having problem with the group Media

It can works "more" when the group have permission to read and write

image.png.5cc1cb5762e75263f4df17b5d37dbdf9.png

But why ?

Teddyknuddel

I have now completely released the read and write permissions on all media drives for programs like Emby, MediaInfo, MKV-Toolnix. So not individual folders, no, the complete hard drives. Saves me a lot of work.

20 minutes ago, MAX92 said:

But why ?

Because the Synology operating system needs a share for everything. It is a network. Security is the top priority.

MAX92

I give up. I don't understand. Thank you for your time.

Is there a way to do it under windows without EMBY ?

Edited by MAX92

MagicDoubleM
13 minutes ago, MAX92 said:

This is actually an interesting idea. The mediainfo-tool in form of an executable, that you can run in scripts and call from other tools...

Teddyknuddel
18 minutes ago, MAX92 said:

Sure - you can manually enter everything under "Name" with MKVToolnix. If you have 2 series and 12 movies, you might be done after 2 days. 

rbjtech
15 hours ago, MAX92 said:

How do you think emby is doing it ? ;)

It is using the mediainfocli tool and mkvtoolnix that you specify in the config.

This is actually the original way I did it (via a script that just recursively read the files) - before collaborating with @Cheesegeezer to turn it into a plugin.

Your issue is permissions - I'm not sure we can help you any further - it works for everyone else, so we are out of ideas I'm afraid.

Edited by rbjtech
  • Thanks 1

MAX92
Just now, rbjtech said:

How do you think emby is doing it ? ;)

It is using the mediainfocli tool and mkvtoolnix that you specify in the config.

This is actually the original way I did it (via a script that just recursively read the files) - before collaborating with @Cheesegeezer to turn it into a plugin.

I'm sure of that. But in EMBY, it is so easy 😉 

• Facepalm 1

Teddyknuddel
34 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

I'm not sure we can help you any further - it works for everyone else, so we are out of ideas I'm afraid.

If people are too impatient and don't see the results right away, they throw in the towel. They don't care that they are upsetting the helpers, who then invest a few hours themselves. It costs nothing. And then they are surprised when no one answers them later or wants to help.

@MAX92
I also said that with the permissions. But then the answer came: you can do without - here you go, your beer, not mine - then I'll stay out of it.

MAX92

Thanks @Teddyknuddel for time and answers.

It is a very good FREE addon. Unfortunately, I have a few problems that I can't fix. It doesn't change the work that people have done on it.

• Facepalm 1

Teddyknuddel
2 hours ago, MAX92 said:

Thanks @Teddyknuddel for time and answers.

It is a very good FREE addon. Unfortunately, I have a few problems that I can't fix. It doesn't change the work that people have done on it.

Free for one, for the other in vain.

Assistance was abundant. Easy to understand and logical instructions. If you don't have patience, too bad. Scanning my TV episodes, for example, took 3 days. Nothing else worked with Emby. And that should be the same for others who re-import their entire library with Mediainfo.

Edited by Teddyknuddel

• 2 weeks later...
Kandidat1999

Hello guys,

I installed this yesterday on my Synology NAS and just for now put 3 Libraries into it to see how it looks, my question overnight, the change was made, so I see it on the Emby App for AppleTV, I see it in the Webbrowser, on my iPad, but for some reason nothing was changed on my NVIDIA Shield Emby App, it's only changed in the media details at the bottom of each movie, but not at the top right when you enter the movie with all the other information.

The Magnificent Seven on Emby App Apple TV

image.thumb.jpeg.4834638645e26d0d411c13ac9e1ebd44.jpeg

Shield

image.jpeg

Shield Media Details

image.jpeg

Edited by Kandidat1999

rbjtech
42 minutes ago, Kandidat1999 said:

Hello guys,

I installed this yesterday on my Synology NAS and just for now put 3 Libraries into it to see how it looks, my question overnight, the change was made, so I see it on the Emby App for AppleTV, I see it in the Webbrowser, on my iPad, but for some reason nothing was changed on my NVIDIA Shield Emby App, it's only changed in the media details at the bottom of each movie, but not at the top right when you enter the movie with all the other information.

The Magnificent Seven on Emby App Apple TV

image.thumb.jpeg.4834638645e26d0d411c13ac9e1ebd44.jpeg

Shield

image.jpeg

Shield Media Details

image.jpeg

Hi - this is correct.

The Emby database itself does not have the ability (yet) to store this MediaInfo information - thus we only change the item 'Title' which is written to the MKV (which is what you see) and if selected in the Plugin, we can also write this out as individual item 'Tags' (sort and filterable in the emby clients).

We have been advised that Dolby Vision detection WILL be part of the next Beta release - so this will be listed (DV + HDR attributes we think) - but it won't detail things such as HDR10+ and HD Audio Codec details such as Atmos.  For these,  the Plugin will still need to provide all the details.

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, rbjtech said:

Hi - this is correct.

The Emby database itself does not have the ability (yet) to store this MediaInfo information - thus we only change the item 'Title' which is written to the MKV (which is what you see) and if selected in the Plugin, we can also write this out as individual item 'Tags' (sort and filterable in the emby clients).

We have been advised that Dolby Vision detection WILL be part of the next Beta release - so this will be listed (DV + HDR attributes we think) - but it won't detail things such as HDR10+ and HD Audio Codec details such as Atmos.  For these,  the Plugin will still need to provide all the details.

Do you think we need to see what the next emby release yields and possibly give the user the option to just enable audio titles. Because i feel we need some more options on the config UI lol 😂 

rbjtech
4 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

@rbjtechis there a setting on the shield. I think you have one of these.

Hi Dave - no setting on the Shield - it just displays the Title according to the emby server settings - so if the Apple displays it, so should the Shield.

Possibly need a screen grab of the full Shield screen (2nd pic above) to confirm. 

• Like 1

rbjtech
8 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Do you think we need to see what the next emby release yields and possibly give the user the option to just enable audio titles. Because i feel we need some more options on the config UI lol 😂 

More options are good ! 🤪

I still believe MediaInfo is going to be superior to ffmpeg even with the latest update.  For starters it will cover HDR10+, HLG, HDR PQ and DV IQ flavours of HDR - I don't think ffmpeg can do this - yet.

Possibly work with the 'display format' that the core uses - ie just DV+HDR10 etc - just to keep it consistent.

Lets see what the Beta brings .. :)

Edited by rbjtech
  • Agree 1

GrimReaper
6 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Possibly need a screen grab of the full Shield screen (2nd pic above) to confirm. 

There's no need as it's visible from existing snippet that they don't have media row enabled as it'd be visible between director and synopsis. They are looking at tags generated by ATV app whereas full Video/Audio/Subs titles can be visible only in media row. 

• Like 1

rbjtech
2 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

There's no need as it's visible from existing snippet that they don't have media row enabled as it'd be visible between director and synopsis. They are looking at tags generated by ATV app whereas full Video/Audio/Subs titles can be visible only in media row. 

Hmm ok - I've never changed this 'setting' on the Shield.   The info from the plugin is only available in the 'Title' (+ tags) and I'm pretty sure that is displayed regardless.

Gonna take a look now - you have me intrigued ! 🤔

• Like 1