MediaInfo For Emby Plugin(HDR, Vision, Atmos, DTS:X)

Cheesegeezer

rbjtech
14 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

There is nothing i can do about that. It’s obviously forced by an admin or possibly a windows update. 
the task should be cancelled and the plugin will gracefully exit after it has completed.  At no stage during the task itself does it adjust any user settings, so why they are lost is beyond me.

only reset functions are set to off when everything has completed.

if you have a log with enabled debug mode or more info on what version you are running and what system, this is really helpful.

but coming to me with a box of scrap parts and saying it doesn’t work right is a little vague. 

thanks for reporting and i will test out this for myself tomorrow.

As the config file is a simple XML file ( '<emby_root>\programdata\plugins\configurations\Emby.MediaInfo.xml') - then as long as that is flushed/written when finished, then there should be no reason why it does not save settings.

I would check the above file date, and if it's not current - then it's not being saved - maybe local permissions, read only etc ?

Edited by rbjtech
  • Agree 1

The file gets saved and written to all the time. The only issue is that if it's running and the server gets rebooted w/o allowing the plug in to exit gracefully all changes are lost and you end up with the default xml file once emby comes back.

I'll get some debug logs in the next day or two.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
38 minutes ago, lorac said:

The file gets saved and written to all the time. The only issue is that if it's running and the server gets rebooted w/o allowing the plug in to exit gracefully all changes are lost and you end up with the default xml file once emby comes back.

I'll get some debug logs in the next day or two.

Sorry i havent had chance to test this today. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Thanks for the plugin. I've just set it up on emby 2.8.0.21 beta in ubuntu. Everything is working fine and it is now showing the added mediainfo but for some reason is fails to pick up the dolby vision flag and displays all my UHD titles as HDR10. Is there something I am missing somewhere? I'm running ver 73 of mkvtoolnix as that is what it installed automatically from the guide..

Cheers

Edited by rob77

6 hours ago, rob77 said:

Hi

Thanks for the plugin. I've just set it up on emby 2.8.0.21 beta in ubuntu. Everything is working fine and it is now showing the added mediainfo but for some reason is fails to pick up the dolby vision flag and displays all my UHD titles as HDR10. Is there something I am missing somewhere? I'm running ver 73 of mkvtoolnix as that is what it installed automatically from the guide..

Cheers

I can't really help as for me it's working fine but a debug log will surely be required to analyze that. 😉 

• Agree 1

Cheesegeezer

Version 73 isn't supported yet.  Andy2K did some tests and he was quite happy but another tester would cement the version for release.

@rob77  you can click the override button -  but create a test library and only run it on that library and ensure that none of the files are corrupted

image.png.4f6a2c936ffc7e528c313f69547dbf3b.png

if (config.VersionOverride)
                {
                    Log.Info("MKVPROPEDIT VERSION OVERRIDE IS ENABLED - GOOD LUCK!!! EEK");
                }
                if (!config.VersionOverride)
                {
                    if (mkvV < 71 || mkvV == 72)
                    {
                        Log.Info("MKVPROPEDIT VERSION IS {0} - CONGRATS..... THIS VERSION IS SUPPORTED!!",
                            mkvV.ToString());
                    }

if (mkvV == 71)
                    {
                        Log.Error(
                            "MKVPROPEDIT VERSION: {0} - This version is not supported, please downgrade to version 70 to 61 - These have been tested",
                            mkvV.ToString());
                        Log.Error("EXITING NOW ");
                        return;
                    }
                }

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Thanks Cheesegeezer

I did click the override button as that was the only way I got it to scan. The logs are saying it is successful but no DV is shown in the info only HDR10. I thought there might be a setting I am missing somewhere but had a good look last night and could not see anything regarding showing DV info. Most of my movies are both DV and HDR but I do have one that is only DV and that only displays UHD and bitrate.

Cheers

Rob

Screenshot 2023-02-03 102334.png

Screenshot 2023-02-03 102435.png

Edited by rob77

Cheesegeezer
5 minutes ago, rob77 said:

Thanks Cheesegeezer

I did click the override button as that was the only way I got it to scan. The logs are saying it is successful but no DV is shown in the info only HDR10. I thought there might be a setting I am missing somewhere but had a good look last night and could not see anything regarding showing DV info. Most of my movies are both DV and HDR but I do have one that is only DV and that only displays UHD and bitrate.

Cheers

Rob

Can you open the executable (dunno how you do that on linux)  and see what the JSON output says for a movie. It could be a malformed DV file.

image.png.c326d6dd3ccc8f21b80f1ffa00c08e10.png

rbjtech

Hmm strange - are these single layer dv5, dv7 or dv8 files ?

Maybe worth flushing the main emby log, turn on debug and then run the 'Refresh All items' to get a full log of what is going on.

You'll need to do this anyway, as once the item is marked as 'processed' - it won't try again.

image.png.07a968ce1d949a1f37c5d6fd0b1ec9fd.png

9 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Hmm strange - are these single layer dv5, dv7 or dv8 files ?

Maybe worth flushing the main emby log, turn on debug and then run the 'Refresh All items' to get a full log of what is going on.

You'll need to do this anyway, as once the item is marked as 'processed' - it won't try again.

image.png.07a968ce1d949a1f37c5d6fd0b1ec9fd.png

I'm unsure what DV types they are. I have tried refresh all items but it still comes back the same. I am going to post a JSON of one of the files, is there any other logs that might be helpful?

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
25 minutes ago, rob77 said:

I'm unsure what DV types they are. I have tried refresh all items but it still comes back the same. I am going to post a JSON of one of the files, is there any other logs that might be helpful?

So server debug log would also be useful. You need to enable debug logging in the server.

it sounds like your DV isn’t a DV official format or might be dual layer. 

Cheesegeezer
16 hours ago, rob77 said:

Hi Rob,

Lets see if i can help you.

can you turn on debug logging.

image.thumb.png.1c16fa9d1caff19f75756d767102b2ed.png

Once that's done follow the steps in this video to generate a log.  I think your version should also output what the JSON file in debug mode.  Or i may have it just in this version either way it shouldn't make much of a difference. 

you can create a new library and just add in the 2 video files you are testing with. (this will reduce the time for scanning and writing)

after adding make sure you do a library scan and wait for it to finish.

then follow steps in this video

• Thanks 1

rbjtech
18 hours ago, rob77 said:

Heres the JSON. First is DV only and the second is both DV and HDR.

Cheers

DV.txt 3.6 kB · 2 downloads DV-HDR.txt 5.3 kB · 2 downloads

Hmm - these look good to me - I've even checked them manually vs the format helper in the code ..

very odd - definitely need that debug log as it will show in detail the 'construction' of all the codecs from the mediainfo query. 

• Thanks 2

Hi

I've managed to sort it. It was the version of mediainfo it was automatically installing 19.09-1build1

I've installed the latest version 22.12 and it is now getting the Dolby Vision flags :)

Thanks for the help rbjtech and cheesegeezer

• Like 1

So this started happening awhile back after working for awhile.  But the plugin no longer works for me.  Not sure this should be reported in this section or the beta forum.
I run emby in a freeBSD jail.   Not sure what part particularly cares about OS now, but.  Thought I'd report it.
  Error in the UI is:

Cannot determine operating system!
at Emby.MediaInfo.ScheduledTasks.MediaInfoScheduledTask.GetOperatingSystem()
at Emby.MediaInfo.ScheduledTasks.MediaInfoScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

Blurb from logs:

10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/110.0
2023-02-04 18:41:03.640 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to host1. Time: 2ms. http://192.168.50.50:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks/Running/3dbe52b9c75f0629c3d9b9865b2a1cf8?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Firefox Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=a19391b5-e1f0-4cc0-9754-ed844a4bbc09&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.0.21&X-Emby-Language=en-us
2023-02-04 18:41:03.642 Error TaskManager: Error
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.0.21
	Command line: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -os freebsd -ffdetect /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server -updatepackage emby-server-freebsd13_{version}_amd64.pkg -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p2 n245412-484f039b1d0 TRUENAS
	Framework: .NET 6.0.5
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 16
	Data path: /var/db/emby-server
	Application path: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system
	System.Exception: System.Exception: Cannot determine operating system!
	   at Emby.MediaInfo.ScheduledTasks.MediaInfoScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
	Source: Emby.MediaInfo
	TargetSite: System.Runtime.InteropServices.OSPlatform GetOperatingSystem()

rbjtech
10 hours ago, rob77 said:

Hi

I've managed to sort it. It was the version of mediainfo it was automatically installing 19.09-1build1

I've installed the latest version 22.12 and it is now getting the Dolby Vision flags :)

Thanks for the help rbjtech and cheesegeezer

Excellent - the 'version' of either mediainfo and/or mkvtoolnix is usually the issue here - as the code itself is very solid.

DV capabilities are going to be included in the next release of emby (now in ffmpeg) but ability to get the HD Audio codecs and the great formatting/display options are still going to be missing from the core, so I see this plugin being a 'must' for AV enthusiast for a good while yet :)

For stability - the best thing you can probably so, is just install a dedicated version of mediainfo and mkvtoolnix (or just mkvpropedit) and leave them on the old versions.  New versions add nothing - I'm still using versions from when the plugin was first developed.. haha. 

• Thanks 2

rbjtech
9 hours ago, bolok said:

So this started happening awhile back after working for awhile.  But the plugin no longer works for me.  Not sure this should be reported in this section or the beta forum.
I run emby in a freeBSD jail.   Not sure what part particularly cares about OS now, but.  Thought I'd report it.
  Error in the UI is:

Cannot determine operating system!

Blurb from logs:

10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/110.0
2023-02-04 18:41:03.640 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to host1. Time: 2ms. http://192.168.50.50:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks/Running/3dbe52b9c75f0629c3d9b9865b2a1cf8?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Firefox Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=a19391b5-e1f0-4cc0-9754-ed844a4bbc09&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.0.21&X-Emby-Language=en-us
2023-02-04 18:41:03.642 Error TaskManager: Error
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.0.21
	Command line: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -os freebsd -ffdetect /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server -updatepackage emby-server-freebsd13_{version}_amd64.pkg -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p2 n245412-484f039b1d0 TRUENAS
	Framework: .NET 6.0.5
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 16
	Data path: /var/db/emby-server
	Application path: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system
	System.Exception: System.Exception: Cannot determine operating system!
	Source: Emby.MediaInfo
	TargetSite: System.Runtime.InteropServices.OSPlatform GetOperatingSystem()

As above, almost certainly the version/permissions etc of mkvtoolnix and/or mediainfo.   I suggest you reinstall them - using the guides in the wiki if needs be - and I would suggest using a dedicated area for them, do not try and use your 'daily' versions - which may get upgraded etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Teddyknuddel

Hab es soweit auch hinbekommen - in MediaInfo wird es auch angezeigt

image.png.2e46b399c07204b5e24c51d00735dda2.png

Aber in Emby wird es mir so angezeigt:

image.png.469194ba9d6dbddda027084012131567.png

Irgendwo hab ich wohl eine Einstellung nicht richtig gesetzt - und komischerweise ist in Audio German doppelt

Edited by Teddyknuddel

Teddyknuddel
20 hours ago, Teddyknuddel said:

Somewhere I have probably not set a setting correctly - and strangely enough in audio German is double

After a long, long scan everything fits now after all - very, very fine plugin - thank you very much to the creators.

• Like 2

rbjtech
59 minutes ago, Teddyknuddel said:

After a long, long scan everything fits now after all - very, very fine plugin - thank you very much to the creators.

Yes, remember it modifies the actual MKV file with the new track titles - so once emby picks this up - via the real time monitor or library scan - THEN, assuming you've told emby to use the Titles, then you'll see the updates in Emby.

Explained in the Wiki - Home · Cheesegeezer/MediaInfoWiki Wiki (github.com)

Enjoy :)