MediaInfo For Emby Plugin(HDR, Vision, Atmos, DTS:X)

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, neik said:

Apart from the issue I described in my previous post, for me it's also looking good.
As said, the issue I had might be file related though...

I’ll take a look when i get back but if the field is reported in the log it should show in the Client UI and the output.

if you can research it a wee bit more when you get time, I’ll look at it if it’s a cheese problem.

• Like 1

MagicDoubleM
36 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

@FrostByte @rbjtech @neik @MagicDoubleM  @CBers @Spaceboy

are we ready for a catalogue release.

cheers

Just came back home, installed the new version, and now I'm letting it run through my collection. HDR>SDR works for me now, but I aborted it to re-run the media-info-task through my lib as quick as possible.

Spaceboy

looking good to me, should be able to see the results for movies before the end of the day in emby. unless there's some way i can check manually in the files now? looks fine in the logs

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

looking good to me, should be able to see the results for movies before the end of the day in emby. unless there's some way i can check manually in the files now? looks fine in the logs

You can direct interrogate the files using mediainfo GUI and look for the fields Title in audio and video tracks

Edited by Cheesegeezer

rbjtech
7 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

You can direct interrogate the files using mediainfo GUI and look for the fields Title in audio and video tracks

If you are on a compatible file system, then emby will pick up the MKV Title changes without the need to scan the library. 

The HDR>SDR BIF's are immediate changes as well - but any chapter images in cache will need to time out or clear the cache to see the new SDR images that were created.

Edited by rbjtech

Cheesegeezer

Powers for announcements have been revoked so I don’t know how to let people know when it’s releases 

FrostByte

Maybe we need a subforum for Plugins Announcements sub-section and give plugin devs moderator rights to it.  Only admins can make General Announcements

• Agree 1

MagicDoubleM

Things look good to me, HDR->SDR is still doing it's thing, but the movies, that are done look fine. Great work guys! Thank you very much.

• Thanks 2

Cheesegeezer
26 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Maybe we need a subforum for Plugins Announcements sub-section and give plugin devs moderator rights to it.  Only admins can make General Announcements

This would make sense!  I used to be able to, but i guess as the “freeness” of development has been retarded over the last couple of years and with not many active 3rd party devs, that approach made sense. 
see what you can do, because great plugins deserve to be announced. I’m not saying this plugin is great but it fills a gap between core and reality. @chef autoorganise 2.0 is in beta. Updates to any plugins should be available like the core does. 

it will never happen but good luck if you try

FrostByte
1 minute ago, Cheesegeezer said:

This would make sense!  I used to be able to, but i guess as the “freeness” of development has been retarded over the last couple of years and with not many active 3rd party devs, that approach made sense. 
see what you can do, because great plugins deserve to be announced. I’m not saying this plugin is great but it fills a gap between core and reality. @chef autoorganise 2.0 is in beta. Updates to any plugins should be available like the core does. 

it will never happen but good luck if you try

I'll ask

• Thanks 1

MagicDoubleM

Hmmm, there might be one issue. I have recognized, that I don't get any tags on those movies that already have a custom tag (coming from radarr).

Cheesegeezer
34 minutes ago, MagicDoubleM said:

Hmmm, there might be one issue. I have recognized, that I don't get any tags on those movies that already have a custom tag (coming from radarr).

Can you investigate why? They may have locked that because of torrent sharing 

• Like 1

MagicDoubleM
27 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Can you investigate why? They may have locked that because of torrent sharing 

Nothing is locked in those movies, not a single segment, and also not to whole item through the button on the lower end. The only difference is a tag (a lists name) coming from *arr's nfo.

I can test more tomorrow.

neik
3 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I’ll take a look when i get back but if the field is reported in the log it should show in the Client UI and the output.

if you can research it a wee bit more when you get time, I’ll look at it if it’s a cheese problem.

Assuming I am reading the logs correctly the thing is that it is recognized as HDR but it only writes "4K" instead of "4K HDR".
Here my post with the (debug) log: 

I will just let it run through and check the logs tomorrow morning to see if that is the only that it happens.

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, MagicDoubleM said:

Nothing is locked in those movies, not a single segment, and also not to whole item through the button on the lower end. The only difference is a tag (a lists name) coming from *arr's nfo.

Can you manually edit those titles?

so if its not stored in the media container and is being updated from elsewhere, this plugin is not designed for that. it looks at the tracks embedded and creates titles, if you have something that updates those. Thats down to you running multiple editors.

if I’m wrong please explain better

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Spaceboy
4 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

yep - all good here

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, neik said:

Assuming I am reading the logs correctly the thing is that it is recognized as HDR but it only writes "4K" instead of "4K HDR".
Here my post with the (debug) log: 

I will just let it run through and check the logs tomorrow morning to see if that is the only that it happens.

And running version 0.2.0? 

i know. I saw the log and replied to it. And explain that mediaInfo is picking up the HDR, but for some reason the plugin isn’t. For the output  

can you show your settings screen please

Edited by Cheesegeezer

grimevil

So a little update on my issue.

If I use the Package centre Emby App it works fine.

The issue is if I use Emby in Docker, it can not access the required apps correctly.

The only way for this plugin to work that I can see via docker is if the required apps are included in the emby docker image.

• Like 1

rbjtech
9 hours ago, MagicDoubleM said:

I strip any MKV tag's as part of my import process but I don't believe they should be the reason for a failure ?

The only thing that will stop the MKV titles being updated is if the file is open for writing by the OS - ie file is in use.  

So if ANY process is holding the file open (for whatever reason) - then the titles will not get changed.

@Cheesegeezer Dave - maybe we can trap this with an errorlevel from mkvpropedit ?  I did this in my original script by just checking for errorlevel=1 (error), 0 is good.   I've experienced this condition myself.  the file was open by another process doing some work on it and it failed to update, but logged that it had done.    If we check the success before writing the value in the processed list, then if it fails, it will just get processed again next time ?

https://mkvtoolnix.download/doc/mkvpropedit.html#mkvpropedit.environment_variables

Edited by rbjtech

rbjtech
2 hours ago, grimevil said:

So a little update on my issue.

If I use the Package centre Emby App it works fine.

The issue is if I use Emby in Docker, it can not access the required apps correctly.

The only way for this plugin to work that I can see via docker is if the required apps are included in the emby docker image.

Thanks for the update.

It's highly unlikely these packages will be added to the official emby docker image.  I don't use docker I'm afraid, so know very little about it - but I would hope you could add the packages post the deployment ?  If not, then I'm afraid there isn't a lot we can do as this Plugin relies on the external processes to do it's work.

Please let me know as I'll mention this in the Wiki.

Edited by rbjtech

grimevil

I would had a note for now about it not being completable with Docker.

If I figure something out I will let you know, but currently I do not see anyway to add them into the container.

But to confirm using the Synology app version all works perfect, thanks

Edited by grimevil
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
3 hours ago, rbjtech said:

I strip any MKV tag's as part of my import process but I don't believe they should be the reason for a failure ?

The only thing that will stop the MKV titles being updated is if the file is open for writing by the OS - ie file is in use.  

So if ANY process is holding the file open (for whatever reason) - then the titles will not get changed.

@Cheesegeezer Dave - maybe we can trap this with an errorlevel from mkvpropedit ?  I did this in my original script by just checking for errorlevel=1 (error), 0 is good.   I've experienced this condition myself.  the file was open by another process doing some work on it and it failed to update, but logged that it had done.    If we check the success before writing the value in the processed list, then if it fails, it will just get processed again next time ?

https://mkvtoolnix.download/doc/mkvpropedit.html#mkvpropedit.environment_variables

i've added this into the mix now.  

This will log the item id that has failed and removes it from the processed list so it can be processed next time (should the file be locked)

I tried to make it fail and the only thing i can think is that in Linux and Mac the file.attributes are something else and the file is actually Read Only.  This was the only way i could prevent writing to the file.

For Dark Knight testing - I had the video playing && mediaInfo GUI open and reading the file and the file loaded into MKVToolNix and it still exited with Code 0 and wrote the track title.  The only way the track writing failed and the process exited with a Code 2 was by making the file Read Only or Protected.

I am setting the File Attributes to Normal before writing the track titles.  Which will remove the "Read Only" attribute from the file.  However i'm not sure if this code translates to Linux or Mac.

Version 0.0.2.1 is up on the First Post

image.png.967159046fc197a165ba36bc46b77cb9.png

image.thumb.png.faeed99d5019a7b2ab5f1f37f087757d.png

image.thumb.png.76da8f3c2ed3ccc8f8efbccf5790e88d.png

image.thumb.png.adac9a44b0db273cf504337083ffc773.png

• Thanks 1

rbjtech
58 minutes ago, grimevil said:

I would had a note for now about it not being completable with Docker.

If I figure something out I will let you know, but currently I do not see anyway to add them into the container.

But to confirm using the Synology app version all works perfect, thanks

I've added this info to the Wiki now - Thanks.

• Like 1