MediaInfo For Emby Plugin(HDR, Vision, Atmos, DTS:X)

Cheesegeezer

FrostByte

I don't know if anyone noticed, but mediainfo doesn't detect DTS:X correctly with IMAX enhanced movies and instead sees them as regular DTS-HD MA 7.1.  They trigger DTS:X correctly on my soundbar though and the developer of mediainfo says it will require further reverse engineering to fix. 

Open Mediainfo issue

Differentiating DTS:X and DTS-HD MA for IMAX enhanced movies (special variant of DTS:X) · Issue #422 · MediaArea/MediaInfo (github.com)

Some of the titles I have which aren't detected by mediainfo correctly are:

• A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
  • Jumanji The Next Level
  • Zombieland Double Tap

I've modified the Title for those manually for now.  The only other way I can think of fixing this is if @Cheesegeezercreated a list and changed these in the plug-in somehow.  Might not be desirable

{
"@type": "Audio",
"@typeorder": "1",
"StreamOrder": "1",
"ID": "2",
"UniqueID": "17437579505096304561",
"Format": "DTS",
"Format_Commercial_IfAny": "DTS-HD Master Audio",
"Format_Settings_Mode": "16",
"Format_Settings_Endianness": "Big",
"Format_AdditionalFeatures": "XLL",
"CodecID": "A_DTS",
"Duration": "7390.389000000",
"BitRate_Mode": "VBR",
"BitRate": "6290852",
"Channels": "8",
"ChannelPositions": "Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE",
"ChannelLayout": "C L R LFE Lb Rb Lss Rss",
"SamplesPerFrame": "512",
"SamplingRate": "48000",
"SamplingCount": "354738672",
"FrameRate": "93.750",
"FrameCount": "692849",
"BitDepth": "24",
"Compression_Mode": "Lossless",
"Delay": "0.000",
"Delay_Source": "Container",
"StreamSize": "5811481160",
"StreamSize_Proportion": "0.11402",
"Title": "DTS:X 7.1 (Default)",
"Language": "en",
"Default": "Yes",
"Forced": "No"
},

Edited by FrostByte
  • Thanks 1

rbjtech
5 hours ago, FrostByte said:

I don't know if anyone noticed, but mediainfo doesn't detect DTS:X correctly with IMAX enhanced movies and instead sees them as regular DTS-HD MA 7.1.  They trigger DTS:X correctly on my soundbar though and the developer of mediainfo says it will require further reverse engineering to fix. 

Open Mediainfo issue

Differentiating DTS:X and DTS-HD MA for IMAX enhanced movies (special variant of DTS:X) · Issue #422 · MediaArea/MediaInfo (github.com)

• Jumanji The Next Level
  • Zombieland Double Tap

I've modified the Title for those manually for now.  The only other way I can think of fixing this is if @Cheesegeezercreated a list and changed these in the plug-in somehow.  Might not be desirable

Hi @FrostByte - I thought you may be able to just modify the MKV attributes to add those fields but there is nothing obviously 'different' between a DTS-HD and a DTS-X when using the MKV Header Editor / MKVMerge.  So mediainfo CLI must be doing some internal processing to identify it and then create it's own fields (ie nothing to do with the MKV itself).

If we did want to have an overwrite rule - then we could just store them in the XML (by EmbyID for example) but it's a lot of extra work for the sake of just modifying it manually in MKVtoolnix.. ;)   or wait for MediaInfo to fix it obviously.

Thanks for raising another audio codec variant - I thought I had caught all the formats with my collection - but I guess not !   I'll update the Wiki to alert users to this exception.  Done

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1

MagicDoubleM

Just thinking out loud for a moment, knowing it's way too late and wasn't the concept, buuuuut... the functions in form of meta data provider plugins would give a bit more flexibility and make them get triggered during imports.

Ok, I guess I should run now... 😅

FrostByte
2 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Hi @FrostByte - I thought you may be able to just modify the MKV attributes to add those fields but there is nothing obviously 'different' between a DTS-HD and a DTS-X when using the MKV Header Editor / MKVMerge.  So mediainfo CLI must be doing some internal processing to identify it and then create it's own fields (ie nothing to do with the MKV itself).

If we did want to have an overwrite rule - then we could just store them in the XML (by EmbyID for example) but it's a lot of extra work for the sake of just modifying it manually in MKVtoolnix.. ;)   or wait for MediaInfo to fix it obviously.

Thanks for raising another audio codec variant - I thought I had caught all the formats with my collection - but I guess not !   I'll update the Wiki to alert users to this exception.  Done

Ya, I looked in the headers too and was hoping I could just modify "Format AdditionalFeatures" to "XLL X", but they don't expose that

FrostByte
3 hours ago, rbjtech said:

That would allow the user to update the override list.  The only downfall of modifying the Title manually is that eventually someone will want to refresh everything and need to go back and edit those again.  Is it worth Cheese's effort though?  I'm not sure how many of these IMAX enhanced DTS:X movies there are.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the mediainfo dev though looking at the comments in the open item :)

FrostByte

I guess another option would be an exclude list.  Let the user manually update the headers, but don't refresh the items listed in the XML.  Sort of like a lock even when refreshing

Cheesegeezer
8 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Open Mediainfo issue

• Jumanji The Next Level
  • Zombieland Double Tap

{
"@type": "Audio",
"@typeorder": "1",
"StreamOrder": "1",
"ID": "2",
"UniqueID": "17437579505096304561",
"Format": "DTS",
"Format_Commercial_IfAny": "DTS-HD Master Audio",
"Format_Settings_Mode": "16",
"Format_Settings_Endianness": "Big",
"Format_AdditionalFeatures": "XLL",
"CodecID": "A_DTS",
"Duration": "7390.389000000",
"BitRate_Mode": "VBR",
"BitRate": "6290852",
"Channels": "8",
"ChannelPositions": "Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE",
"ChannelLayout": "C L R LFE Lb Rb Lss Rss",
"SamplesPerFrame": "512",
"SamplingRate": "48000",
"SamplingCount": "354738672",
"FrameRate": "93.750",
"FrameCount": "692849",
"BitDepth": "24",
"Compression_Mode": "Lossless",
"Delay_Source": "Container",
"StreamSize": "5811481160",
"StreamSize_Proportion": "0.11402",
"Title": "DTS:X 7.1 (Default)",
"Language": "en",
"Forced": "No"
},

The only thing i have noticed during the coding and looking at countless 100's of mediaInfo JSON's, is Atmos and DTS:X have "16" contained in the "Format_Settings_Mode": "16",

If we can 100% assertain that this is unique to DTS:X and not to DTS:HD MA this could be a work around.   Dunno if you fancy doing some digging for me Frosty?

FrostByte
1 minute ago, Cheesegeezer said:

The only thing i have noticed during the coding and looking at countless 100's of mediaInfo JSON's, is Atmos and DTS:X have "16" contained in the "Format_Settings_Mode": "16",

If we can 100% assertain that this is unique to DTS:X and not to DTS:HD MA this could be a work around.   Dunno if you fancy doing some digging for me Frosty?

I can check.  I have a PS script and can create a spreadsheet of all my movies and see if there is anything unique

grimevil

Hi,

I am not sure if it is working on my Emby server(4.8, Docker, Synology). As I am not seeing any changes on any of my files currently, example below.

stats.png.a7ce102ab3d4016d1909dca5ac0b4dff.png776945772_embyscreen.thumb.png.0b2839ced5dd902f3b66deb2a391ebbc.png

I have attached my logs and mediainfo config if that helps.

any ideas, unless I am completely blind of course :P

Thanks

embyserver.txt

mediainfo.xml

Edited by grimevil
added info

FrostByte
4 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Would it be easier to create a XML lock list and let the user update the headers and the locked movies manually?

Or, I just save the link you found and just update them myself because I hope not to refresh that often :)

Cheesegeezer
7 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Or, I just save the link you found and just update them myself because I hope not to refresh that often :)

i got 2 options here...

1. I can create a IgnoreList in XML and leave the user to update that
  2. I would prefer to put an input field on the UI, for user to add comma seperated list of Item Id's.  

12345, 13233, 7845, 16, 12890 which would be populated in the UI and saved to the list.  Then if you wish to remove an item, you can just delete from the ui list. click save and that would do the trick.  At least all the config stuff is in the same place.

What do you guys think would that work?

Cheesegeezer
16 minutes ago, grimevil said:

Hi,

I am not sure if it is working on my Emby server(4.8, Docker, Synology). As I am not seeing any changes on any of my files currently, example below.

stats.png.a7ce102ab3d4016d1909dca5ac0b4dff.png776945772_embyscreen.thumb.png.0b2839ced5dd902f3b66deb2a391ebbc.png

I have attached my logs and mediainfo config if that helps.

any ideas, unless I am completely blind of course :P

Thanks

embyserver.txt 32.24 kB · 0 downloads

mediainfo.xml 25.43 kB · 1 download

Hi there..  looking at your logs, nothing has happened.  You should expect to see these entries for each video and audio stream in an info Log. 

Log.Info("Video Stream Updated to: {0}", sb.ToString());

Log.Info("Audio Stream #" + trackIndex + " Updated to: {0}", _audioTrackTitle);

Log.Info("Only 1 Audio Stream - Removing *Default* from Title -  Updated to: {0}", _audioTrackTitle);

Can you please turn on debug logging.

I will be releasing a new version very shortly so wait for that and see if this fixes your problem.

grimevil
16 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Hi there..  looking at your logs, nothing has happened.  You should expect to see these entries for each video and audio stream in an info Log. 

Log.Info("Video Stream Updated to: {0}", sb.ToString());

Log.Info("Audio Stream #" + trackIndex + " Updated to: {0}", _audioTrackTitle);

Log.Info("Only 1 Audio Stream - Removing *Default* from Title -  Updated to: {0}", _audioTrackTitle);

Can you please turn on debug logging.

I will be releasing a new version very shortly so wait for that and see if this fixes your problem.

I will use the updated version and do a full debug log and post a follow up here, thanks

• Thanks 1

FrostByte
19 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

i got 2 options here...

1. I can create a IgnoreList in XML and leave the user to update that
  2. I would prefer to put an input field on the UI, for user to add comma seperated list of Item Id's.  

12345, 13233, 7845, 16, 12890 which would be populated in the UI and saved to the list.  Then if you wish to remove an item, you can just delete from the ui list. click save and that would do the trick.  At least all the config stuff is in the same place.

What do you guys think would that work?

A comma generated ignore list in the UI would be best I think.  I know a lot of Synology users don't like to go messing around in directories that aren't in shared folders.  

• Like 1

Spaceboy

i seem to be having the same issue being reported here. log reports success in updating both video and audio (even though i only have video options set) but nothing shown in emby or in file titles. will await new dll

• Thanks 1

Spaceboy

ah i now understand its updating audio settings to the default and the options are to modify from the default so ignore the bit in brackets above

Cheesegeezer
28 minutes ago, grimevil said:

I will use the updated version and do a full debug log and post a follow up here, thanks

15 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

i seem to be having the same issue being reported here. log reports success in updating both video and audio (even though i only have video options set) but nothing shown in emby or in file titles. will await new dll

25 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

A comma generated ignore list in the UI would be best I think.  I know a lot of Synology users don't like to go messing around in directories that aren't in shared folders.  

3 hours ago, MagicDoubleM said:

Just thinking out loud for a moment, knowing it's way too late and wasn't the concept, buuuuut... the functions in form of meta data provider plugins would give a bit more flexibility and make them get triggered during imports.

Ok, I guess I should run now... 😅

@CBers

Guys i've just dropped a new dll on first post.

This should fix everything (he says under baited breath)

No Exclude list yet.  Lets make sure this is all working well.

Please enable debug logging.  

Version has changed to 0.0.1.4 so we can increment releases

Cheers fellas and Please TRY to break it - do your worst - mwahahahhahahaha

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 5

grimevil

New log using the new dll

I see this message from a quick look

Debug Media Info: Starting MediaInfo.exe process

2022-06-06 12:36:20.324 Debug Media Info: An error occurred trying to start process '/app/mediainfo/bin/mediainfo' with working directory '/run/s6/legacy-services/emby-server'. No such file or directory
2022-06-06 12:36:20.324 Info Media Info: PROCESSING OF The One Where the Stripper Cries HAS COMPLETED Successfully
2022-06-06 12:36:20.324 Info Media Info: PROCESSING OF The One with Phoebe's Wedding HAS STARTED
2022-06-06 12:36:20.324 Info Media Info: Item FilePath = /media/TVShows/Friends/Season 10/Friends - S10E12 - The One with Phoebe's Wedding HDTV-1080p.mkv

Looks like a directory issue of some kind?

embyserver.txt

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, grimevil said:

New log using the new dll

I see this message from a quick look

Debug Media Info: Starting MediaInfo.exe process

2022-06-06 12:36:20.324 Debug Media Info: An error occurred trying to start process '/app/mediainfo/bin/mediainfo' with working directory '/run/s6/legacy-services/emby-server'. No such file or directory
2022-06-06 12:36:20.324 Info Media Info: PROCESSING OF The One Where the Stripper Cries HAS COMPLETED Successfully
2022-06-06 12:36:20.324 Info Media Info: PROCESSING OF The One with Phoebe's Wedding HAS STARTED
2022-06-06 12:36:20.324 Info Media Info: Item FilePath = /media/TVShows/Friends/Season 10/Friends - S10E12 - The One with Phoebe's Wedding HDTV-1080p.mkv

Looks like a directory issue of some kind?

embyserver.txt 820.71 kB · 0 downloads

You are definitely using MediaInfoCLI version not the GUI?

Do you need to create permissions for the exe's to run.

I'll check the log now

grimevil

I have installed the syncro packages, I provided access to them via the docker image,  then I mapped the path as below. 

image.png.1ca597b130f2d9a19b21a4013f73bead.png

Cheesegeezer

i'm not familiar with linux or other variants of linux.  

but it clearly points to either the package not being the correct one or a GUI version of MediaInfo being use.

sorry i can't help more

FrostByte

It's still not updating the video portion of lots of new stuff I add even though the log says it is updating.  For instance, the 3rd episode of Obi-Wan.  Even though the first 2 episodes update with no problem.  There are several episodes and movies which won't update, but it's always the same ones.

obi2.txt

"@type": "Video",
"StreamOrder": "0",
"ID": "1",
"UniqueID": "9662855407556330958",
"Format": "HEVC",
"Format_Profile": "Main 10",
"Format_Level": "5",
"Format_Tier": "High",
"HDR_Format": "SMPTE ST 2086",
"HDR_Format_Compatibility": "HDR10",
"CodecID": "V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC",
"Duration": "2674.709000000",
"BitRate": "15359976",
"Width": "3840",
"Height": "2160",
"Sampled_Width": "3840",
"Sampled_Height": "2160",
"PixelAspectRatio": "1.000",
"DisplayAspectRatio": "1.778",
"FrameRate_Mode": "CFR",
"FrameRate": "24.000",
"FrameCount": "64193",
"ColorSpace": "YUV",
"ChromaSubsampling": "4:2:0",
"BitDepth": "10",
"StreamSize": "5135433505",
"Forced": "No",
"colour_description_present": "Yes",
"colour_description_present_Source": "Stream",
"colour_range": "Limited",
"colour_range_Source": "Stream",
"colour_primaries": "BT.2020",
"colour_primaries_Source": "Stream",
"transfer_characteristics": "PQ",
"transfer_characteristics_Source": "Stream",
"matrix_coefficients": "BT.2020 non-constant",
"matrix_coefficients_Source": "Stream",
"MasteringDisplay_ColorPrimaries": "BT.2020",
"MasteringDisplay_ColorPrimaries_Source": "Stream",
"MasteringDisplay_Luminance": "min: 0.0000 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2",
"MasteringDisplay_Luminance_Source": "Stream"

neik
22 hours ago, neik said:

Well, at least for the audio tracks, video is still not being edited, dunno why, can't see anything in the logs either.

Just tested the latest version but unfortunately the naming of video tracks still seems to be an issue.