MediaInfo For Emby Plugin(HDR, Vision, Atmos, DTS:X)

Cheesegeezer

FrostByte

The only thing I might be interested in is identifying FEL or MEL for DV7 and adding that to the title.  Hardly seems worth it though.

Here is a link to a toolset which already does everything else you're talking of doing.  Nice menu, and videos.  No gui though

Dolby-Vision-Tools - Google Drive

neik
38 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

FEL or MEL

Noobish question incoming:

What do these abbreviations mean?

Cheesegeezer
12 minutes ago, neik said:

I think @FrostByte was just asking to "Feel Mee" lol hahahahaa

• Haha 1

FrostByte
21 minutes ago, neik said:

There are basically two parts of DV profile 7.  The Enhanced layer and the RPU.  

Full Enhanced Layer (FEL) = HDR10 10bits base layer + the extra information to make 12 bits data in EL 1080p stream + dynamic metadata RPU
Minimal Enhanced Layer (MEL) = HDR10 10bits base layer + Blank EL 1080p stream for compatibility + dynamic metadata in RPU

So only the FEL DV movies will get you 12bit colors if you had something which could actually play it.

What you see with your Shield is only the metadata RPU part and it ignores the EL.  It would need a second HEVC decoder, or something in order to play the second HEVC stream

Edited by FrostByte

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

There are basically two parts of DV profile 7.  The Enhanced layer and the RPU.  

Full Enhanced Layer (FEL) = HDR10 10bits base layer + the extra information to make 12 bits data in EL 1080p stream + dynamic metadata RPU
Minimal Enhanced Layer (MEL) = HDR10 10bits base layer + Blank EL 1080p stream for compatibility + dynamic metadata in RPU

So only the FEL DV movies will get you 12bit colors if you had something which could actually play it.

What you see with your Shield is only the metadata RPU part and it ignores the EL.  It would need a second HEVC decoder, or something in order to play the second HEVC stream

So a question... Does every DV have a dual layer or only Enhanced DV have 2 video streams in the container?

FrostByte
1 minute ago, Cheesegeezer said:

So a question... Does every DV have a dual layer or only Enhanced DV have 2 video streams in the container?

Only DV7 has an enhanced layer.  DV8 is basically HDR10 plus a metadata RPU with no EL.

So, if you were inclined to check you would only need to check DV7.

Cheesegeezer

so what i have noticed is that in media info  i can see 2 video streams.  if a DV7 only has 1 layer then its not got the FEL/MEL or is that not a good assumption to use

FrostByte

The current method when creating DV7 MKV is to hide both the 2160p HEVC layer and the 1080p HEVC enhanced layer in one pid (single track dual layer).  So, when using mediainfo you can only see one video track, but there are actually still two HEVC video tracks, but they are both hidden inside the one pid.

What you can do is extract the HEVC from your DV7 mkv, then use dov_tool to demux the 1 HEVC back into 2 HEVC files (2160, and 1080p EL)

However, when using dovi_tool you don't really need to demux the HEVC back into 2 because dovi_tool can still identify FEL or MEL from the dual layer single track DV7 HEVC file

FrostByte

Another way to look at it.

Here's the BDinfo straight from a UHD DV7 disc.  As you can see it has a 2160p layer and a 1080p EL.  Then when you use makemkv to create your file it hides those two video layers into one track while allowing you to reverse the process if needed later.

DISC INFO:

Disc Title:     Morbius 2022
Disc Size:      57,347,969,383 bytes
Protection:     AACS2
Extras:         Ultra HD, BD-Java
BDInfo:         0.7.5.9 (compatible layout created by DVDFab 12.0.7.3)

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:                   00001.MPLS  
Length:                 1:44:11.244 (h:m:s.ms)
Size:                   56,216,807,424 bytes
Total Bitrate:          71.94 Mbps

(*) Indicates included stream hidden by this playlist.

VIDEO:

Codec                   Bitrate             Description    
-----                   -------             -----------    
MPEG-H HEVC Video       51812 kbps          2160p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 @ Level 5.1 @ High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / 4000nits / HDR10 / BT.2020
* MPEG-H HEVC Video     2105 kbps (3.90%)   1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 @ Level 5.1 @ High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / 4000nits / Dolby Vision FEL / BT.2020

AUDIO:

Codec                           Language        Bitrate         Description    
-----                           --------        -------         -----------    
Dolby TrueHD/Atmos Audio        English         5336 kbps       7.1+11 objects / 48 kHz / 4696 kbps / 24-bit (AC3 Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps)
Dolby Digital Audio             English         640 kbps        5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps
Dolby Digital Audio             Czech           640 kbps        5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps
Dolby Digital Audio             Hungarian       640 kbps        5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps
DTS-HD Master Audio             Italian         2352 kbps       5.1 / 48 kHz / 2352 kbps / 16-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 16-bit)
Dolby Digital Audio             Polish          640 kbps        5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps
DTS-HD Master Audio             Spanish         2395 kbps       5.1 / 48 kHz / 2395 kbps / 16-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 16-bit)

Edited by FrostByte
  • Thanks 1

rbjtech
15 hours ago, FrostByte said:

The only thing I might be interested in is identifying FEL or MEL for DV7 and adding that to the title.  Hardly seems worth it though.

Here is a link to a toolset which already does everything else you're talking of doing.  Nice menu, and videos.  No gui though

Dolby-Vision-Tools - Google Drive

I think for the audience that this plugin is targeting (AV enthusiasts that simply want to see if a title is DV or not) then I personally think adding further DV 'for info but unnecessary' details is gonna confuse further rather than add value.

As you've said, other than dedicated hardware that decodes the dual tracks - then it's irrelevant as nothing which runs 'Emby' can do so.

• Agree 1

FrostByte
52 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

I think for the audience that this plugin is targeting (AV enthusiasts that simply want to see if a title is DV or not) then I personally think adding further DV 'for info but unnecessary' details is gonna confuse further rather than add value.

As you've said, other than dedicated hardware that decodes the dual tracks - then it's irrelevant as nothing which runs 'Emby' can do so.

Absolutely.  Right now for me the mediainfo plugin does everything needed when used with Emby which is why I said it wasn't really necessary yet. 

The reason I brought it up is because you're already talking about adding stuff that goes way beyond the original intent of the plug for which there are tools for already.  The list is getting bigger and bigger.  All the other stuff I think should be in another plugin as it has nothing to do with mediainfo and will also confuse things.  They could easily be added to a media conversion plugin. 

• Agree 1

rbjtech
16 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Absolutely.  Right now for me the mediainfo plugin does everything needed when used with Emby which is why I said it wasn't really necessary yet. 

The reason I brought it up is because you're already talking about adding stuff that goes way beyond the original intent of the plug for which there are tools for already.  The list is getting bigger and bigger.  All the other stuff I think should be in another plugin as it has nothing to do with mediainfo and will also confuse things.  They could easily be added to a media conversion plugin. 

:)

The basic MKV container conversion is a good thing to have in the toolbox - as it's basically an enabler for the main MediaInfo function that only works on MKV's ;)

But for other more complex DV conversions, then we would be going down a rabbit hole that we really don't wanna contemplate entering .. !!

I'd like to see the DTS to 'Add Dolby track' added - but that is very simple process.

btw - we are just testing the new formatting of the Plugin - each function now has it's own tab (like Introskip did) - it looks very wizzy now - Dave has done an amazing job of making it all look as nice as it functions ;)   He is also adding an event listener to run the task on demand - ie as you add new items.

Once final testing is done - then it can go into the catalog.

@Cheesegeezer

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer

Almost there everyone just need to tidy up the bif generator Real Time monitor. MediaInfo RTM is working great.

be tomorrow unfortunately I’m engaged in whisky drinking now for ma pals’s birthday lol 😂 

• Like 3

Cheesegeezer

Also the config xml has moved, but i have put in “clinically proven iCheese Technology” to migrate old settings to new settings so you shouldn’t FEL (haha) a thing. Check log after reboot to ensure you see the “we found it” statement.

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Haha 3

FrostByte
On 6/13/2022 at 1:06 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

Almost there everyone just need to tidy up the bif generator Real Time monitor. MediaInfo RTM is working great.

be tomorrow unfortunately I’m engaged in whisky drinking now for ma pals’s birthday lol 😂 

Have you got a new version with RTM?

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Ok peeps so as you are aware MKV Convert is removed. 

I am posting up MediaInfo version 0.0.5.0.   

1. Quite a few non-obvious bug fixes
  2. Real Time Monitoring implementation
  3. New Tabbed view
  4. removal of MKV Converter (not that it ever made the released plugin here)

RTM will wait 3mins before doing anything once Emby detects the new item.... This is to give emby the chance to do its thing first.  ---- Can you check this in the debug logs.

image.png.9858a09423b2106deccdd4e2a7f8c085.png

image.png.4ff5462994b5d57a8fec4f7f413876be.png

new tabbed view

image.thumb.png.8da613a8f65f3d01f3e112251175b843.png

Darn.... just noticed the Plugin title and also the SETUP Info Button missing.... grrrrrrr

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

rbjtech

One of the bugs which is now trapped is the inclusion of STRM (stream/link) files types - that carry no video information, thus the plugin was stalling when it hit one.

Nice work from Dave as always to track that one down :)  

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1

FrostByte
2 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Ok peeps so as you are aware MKV Convert is removed. 

I am posting up MediaInfo version 0.0.5.0.   

1. Quite a few non-obvious bug fixes
  2. Real Time Monitoring implementation
  3. New Tabbed view
  4. removal of MKV Converter (not that it ever made the released plugin here)

RTM will wait 3mins before doing anything once Emby detects the new item.... This is to give emby the chance to do its thing first.  ---- Can you check this in the debug logs.

image.png.9858a09423b2106deccdd4e2a7f8c085.png

image.png.4ff5462994b5d57a8fec4f7f413876be.png

new tabbed view

image.thumb.png.8da613a8f65f3d01f3e112251175b843.png

Darn.... just noticed the Plugin title and also the SETUP Info Button missing.... grrrrrrr

I noticed that if you paste the paths in it doesn't save , you have to actually navigate and select them from the select directory button.  In other places you can just paste the path, such as when adding a library.

FrostByte

Of course, the instructions do say to "Select the file path", but...it would be nice :)

FrostByte

another wish :)  Add the id next to the title of exempt items in the log.  I had to look them all up again when the settings got wiped in the upgrade.

MagicDoubleM

0.0.5.0 works fine here, no hiccups. Great work, and very nice to have real time monitoring now. 

Cheesegeezer
42 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

I noticed that if you paste the paths in it doesn't save , you have to actually navigate and select them from the select directory button.  In other places you can just paste the path, such as when adding a library.

Yeah sorry, really designed for first time users, ye olde veterans. However its an improvement 

36 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Of course, the instructions do say to "Select the file path", but...it would be nice :)

Gotchya 

32 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

another wish :)  Add the id next to the title of exempt items in the log.  I had to look them all up again when the settings got wiped in the upgrade.

Sure i can do that nae bother, can you gimme an example where in your log please 

3 minutes ago, MagicDoubleM said:

0.0.5.0 works fine here, no hiccups. Great work, and very nice to have real time monitoring now. 

Love it 😍 

• Like 1