MediaInfo For Emby Plugin(HDR, Vision, Atmos, DTS:X)

Cheesegeezer

rbjtech
4 hours ago, kaledi said:

Works really nicely.

Out if interest, if I run a scheduled task (after the first run) to update new media added, should it take a long time to do the scan - media library is large?

No, it should take seconds and just update those not already in the processed file.

Have you selected just the libraries you want ?  Maybe you have selected picture and/or music libraries and it's scanning those looking for video files ?

kaledi

that's what I would have expected.  No, I have no music libraries.

Looking at the log, 2 things I see, it appears that despite the schedule task running to completion, there are a lot of files that need to be processed, so maybe I need to be patient and run it a few times until all files are processed.  I also do see the following appearing.  Is this normal e.g. if the file already has the appropriate title from a previous scan?

Warn MediaInfo: Replace Audio Track Failed to update Track Title & Exited with Code 2

rbjtech
6 minutes ago, kaledi said:

that's what I would have expected.  No, I have no music libraries.

Looking at the log, 2 things I see, it appears that despite the schedule task running to completion, there are a lot of files that need to be processed, so maybe I need to be patient and run it a few times until all files are processed.  I also do see the following appearing.  Is this normal e.g. if the file already has the appropriate title from a previous scan?

Warn MediaInfo: Replace Audio Track Failed to update Track Title & Exited with Code 2

Hmm - code 0 is success, code 1 is warning (but changes made), code 2 is error (no changes made)

The most common code 2 error is either access issues, or the file is locked by another process.

kaledi
4 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Hmm - code 0 is success, code 1 is warning (but changes made), code 2 is error (no changes made)

The most common code 2 error is either access issues, or the file is locked by another process.

OK, that is interesting.  I've just started the task again and looking at the log the same number of files need to be processed and I'm getting this same error code for those files.

I can't see any issue with access to the files, e.g. i don't see any option in DSM (Synology NAS) to provide permissions to the shared folders to mkvtoolnix.  Is there any configuration necessary for mkvtoolnix

rbjtech

v1.0.1.40

No updates other than built with latest 4.8.0.80 NuGet package from the Emby Team (previously built with 4.7)

Emby.MediaInfo.dll

Please take a copy of the old DLL if replacing, as while I have done basic testing to ensure it functions as expected, the 4.7 version did not have any issues. :)

Simon98765

I'm trying to get this running on my Asustor Nas server , but I'm unsure which version of Mediainfo and MKVToolNix to download. Any help appreciated.

rbjtech
13 hours ago, Simon98765 said:

I'm trying to get this running on my Asustor Nas server , but I'm unsure which version of Mediainfo and MKVToolNix to download. Any help appreciated.

https://github.com/Cheesegeezer/MediaInfoWiki/wiki/Various-OS-Installation-Help

This may help - if it's not listed here, then unfortunately it is not supported.

• Like 1

SimCity

Well boredom may have set in.

After reading MrLinford's process of setting up the pre-requisite apps in docker. I decided to transform this into a LSIO docker-mod that will allow simply adding an environment variable to the container definition to have the creation of the container include the apps required.

Almost all of this is entirely based on MrLinford's script, diced and sliced into parts that leverage LSIO's standardised structure for customising their containers and some added checks in place to ensure that it wont try and install things if they already are or its not a compatible base image. There is also an option to enable the BifTools stuff to be installed if you wish to use the BIF generator.

https://github.com/SimCity/emby-mediainfo-plugin-prereq has all the details on how to use.

Quick outline:

Add the environment variable to the LSIO Emby container definition:
	DOCKER_MODS=ghcr.io/simcity/emby-mediainfo-plugin-prereq:latest

Optionally, to be able to utilise BIF generator, also add:
	INCLUDE_BIFTOOL=TRUE 

Start container. If the container is already running, you will need to restart the container (not just restart emby) for the changes to apply.

When container is up, it will also initialise with all the packages and files required for MediaInfo to work.

In the settings for MediaInfo plugin, the locations are:
	/bin/mediainfo
	/bin/mkvpropedit
	/bin/biftool
  • Thanks 3

rbjtech
8 hours ago, SimCity said:

After reading MrLinford's process of setting up the pre-requisite apps in docker. I decided to transform this into a LSIO docker-mod that will allow simply adding an environment variable to the container definition to have the creation of the container include the apps required.

Almost all of this is entirely based on MrLinford's script, diced and sliced into parts that leverage LSIO's standardised structure for customising their containers and some added checks in place to ensure that it wont try and install things if they already are or its not a compatible base image. There is also an option to enable the BifTools stuff to be installed if you wish to use the BIF generator.

https://github.com/SimCity/emby-mediainfo-plugin-prereq has all the details on how to use.

Quick outline:

INCLUDE_BIFTOOL=TRUE 

Start container. If the container is already running, you will need to restart the container (not just restart emby) for the changes to apply.

When container is up, it will also initialise with all the packages and files required for MediaInfo to work.

/bin/mediainfo
	/bin/mkvpropedit
	/bin/biftool

Fantastic - thanks for this.   Is it ok if I add your github link to the Wiki ?

SimCity
13 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Fantastic - thanks for this.   Is it ok if I add your github link to the Wiki ?

Sure, feel free to add it and anything else you wish.

• Thanks 1

MrLinford
On 01/03/2024 at 00:58, SimCity said:

Quick outline:

INCLUDE_BIFTOOL=TRUE 

/bin/mediainfo
	/bin/mkvpropedit
	/bin/biftool

Thank you for the credit. I'll take a look later.

supermood

hi I don't understand how to map the @appstore folder so that I can maintain the path in the Plugin. emby is running in a docker on synology. any hint for me? 

Screenshot_20240310_020330.jpg