MediaInfo For Emby Plugin(HDR, Vision, Atmos, DTS:X)

Cheesegeezer

rbjtech
6 minutes ago, Grumpy1 said:

not working here

it acts the same if i click on ----Add Advance MediaInfo as Tags to items or the slider , just toggles it off and on

sorry if i am misunderstanding what you mean

ok - so the slider below is not working - if you set it to 'off' - it is still tagging empty items ?

It will not 'remove' tags it has already added - you need to fully refresh the item, or just delete them in metadata editor.

Lets me test it - 2 secs ..

image.png.3a54c224c02c2ca559122e68bb2fede1.png

rbjtech

Appear to work ok ?

If I turn it off, delete the tags, it doesn't re-add them - it does if I turn it on again.

I have noticed a bug though 🤪 - if this first 'Add Media Tag' slider is off, none of the other tags are added either - as it's nested inside the 1st option... Whoops.

So I need to fix that .. thanks for identifying ..

rbjtech
5 minutes ago, Grumpy1 said:

manually deleted tags from one movie , set it to off and ran the scheduled task and it didn't add the tags back

Why would it - you asked it not to ?   Set it to 'on' and it will add the tags back but you need to re-process the item - it only processes each item once.

You can re-process them ALL if you want to.

Edited by rbjtech

Grumpy1
Just now, rbjtech said:

Why would it - you asked it not to ?   Set it to 'on' and it will add the tags back.   You may need to give it a second or two to refresh.

thought you asked me to try that way above :)

"ok - so the slider below is not working - if you set it to 'off' - it is still tagging empty items ?"

Teddyknuddel

If you value a sensible collection, then you should generally revise it by hand. Some idiot on IMDB might activate the genre thriller for Police Academy, and it's already there in Emby. And it's the same with the TAGs - get rid of everything that is incorrect or unnecessary.

rbjtech

New RBJ version - 1.0.1.34 

• Added an option to 'correct' the use of line breaks in the overview field.
  • Added an option to Tag when there is a Intro or Credit hidden marker in a TV Episode.

Line Breaks

Currenly, even though \n is used in the text, emby does not acknowledge this in any of the clients ... :(

image.png.56c8d414ff786e6cf8bbe5cbd7a01feb.png

The metadata editor is the only area that shows them ...

image.png.7b1e690a19dd3ecee2ddf0ff1c27f9ac.png

So by turning on this in the Plugin - it will replace all \n with HTML line breaks ..

image.png.def61851c2ed8d1811cf036b1cd6a926.png

.. and thus all clients will have nicely formatted text as originally intended.  

NOTE - Currently this is ONLY applies to Movies and Episodes.   I'm working on Music/Albums and Film/TV Collections - but not there yet.

CAUTION - There is no UNDO - so to get the item back how it was, just Refresh the Item in Emby.   

TEST by 'Re-processing' an item using the Plugin.  If happy, then you can re-process all items.

image.png.2ccc3640e70baa4f26a217a6f79f1211.png

Intro/Credit Tags

This just simply adds a suitable Tag if the TV Episode has the hidden Intro or Credit markers.   

Unless you use the ChapterAPI Plugin or the original Introskip Plugin - there is no way to know if the Episode has markers until you hit them .. 

Obviously you can then sort/filter on these items.

NOTE - Unless added manually by the ChapterAPI Plugin or automatically as part of the original Introskip Plugin - you may not have any Credit Markers.

image.png.93cf46e2e83d1dc53d2ac43352102063.png

image.png.69ec42f77f851d20a3ccc97713b1b7df.png

------

Make a copy of the previous DLL and then replace with the attached.  Clear browser cache and close any emby browser instances before reloading.

Emby.MediaInfo.zip

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
rbjtech
1 hour ago, HDGuy said:

Anyone get this working properly on UnRaid? A little help?

The problem area is probably getting MediaInfo CLI and Mkvpropedit working independently.   If you can get those working - then just point the Plugin to those executables and give permissions for them to execute.  The Plugin runs within the emby standard framework - so the plugin itself should not have any issues.

Below is a link for some of the other OS installs - which may, or may not help... ;)

If you do get it working on UnRaid - then please let us know how and I will add to the Wiki below to help others - thanks.

https://github.com/Cheesegeezer/MediaInfoWiki/wiki/Various-OS-Installation-Help

Well, Mediainfo, MKVToolnix and JMKVPropedit are available as plug-ins so I’ve installed them. It’s just a matter of finding their proper location- I’m not sure if there is a standard MKVPropedit available but it should be there. So far I’ve had no success. I’m just a novice with UnRaid and Linux, but someone should be able to get it to work.

rbjtech
1 hour ago, HDGuy said:

Well, Mediainfo, MKVToolnix and JMKVPropedit are available as plug-ins so I’ve installed them. It’s just a matter of finding their proper location- I’m not sure if there is a standard MKVPropedit available but it should be there. So far I’ve had no success. I’m just a novice with UnRaid and Linux, but someone should be able to get it to work.

So MKVpropedit is just part of MKVToolnix - so the executable should be in there somewhere.   I'm also a novice with Linux, but most apps would be installed in the /etc folder but maybe unraid puts them in it's own folder structure, I'm not sure.

2 hours ago, rbjtech said:

So MKVpropedit is just part of MKVToolnix - so the executable should be in there somewhere.   I'm also a novice with Linux, but most apps would be installed in the /etc folder but maybe unraid puts them in it's own folder structure, I'm not sure.

I know it's doable, I just have no idea what paths to use. I'm looking at the docker github page for MKVInfo and it says:

https://github.com/jlesage/docker-mediainfo#readme

docker run -d \
    --name=mediainfo \
    -p 5800:5800 \
    -v /docker/appdata/mediainfo:/config:rw \
    -v /home/user:/storage:ro \
    jlesage/mediainfo

and my docker config says:

/config/mnt/user/appdata/MediaInfo

So I'm lost here. 

Edited by HDGuy

Too late to edit-

OK, the problem I'm having is that I can't access /user from the plug-in. So if I can't enter the filepath I can't use it.

jaycedk

Hmm can you download it and put it in a share.

Then in theory, it can be added as a volume in your emby docker.

Teddyknuddel

Do as I do - install Emby on a Windows computer, as well as MKVToolnix and MediaInfo, create the same library there as on UnRaid via shared folders, and have the files rewritten in Windows. Activate in the library optin "Prefer Embedded Titles" in Emby, on UnRaid as on Windows.

If Windows Emby has done its job, update the metadata on UnRaid in Emby.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jaycedk said:

Hmm can you download it and put it in a share.

Then in theory, it can be added as a volume in your emby docker.

Do you mean create a separate share for MKVToolnix and MKVInfo? 

As far as running it on a separate Emby server install on my Windows machine, it seems like a pain because I have a rather large library. Every time I update my library it will be a whole process.

Others must have had this issue before- Unraid is rather popular so there must be a way to run the plugin on the server. The problem is accessing the folders that the dockers are using.

Edited by HDGuy

Teddyknuddel
4 minutes ago, HDGuy said:

As far as running it on a separate Emby server install on my Windows machine, it seems like a pain because I have a rather large library. Every time I update my library it will be a whole process.

Wrong - it's even faster if you have a good PC. And as for my size: 774 films and 5886 episodes in 103 series on a total of 55 TB. If I have to re-import this via Synology, it can take a whole week. On my Windows computer, not even 4 hours.

rbjtech
13 minutes ago, HDGuy said:

Others must have had this issue before- Unraid is rather popular so there must be a way to run the plugin on the server. The problem is accessing the folders that the dockers are using.

That is the issue - docker is a secure and isolated container out the box - that's the whole point of docker.   So yes, while you 'can' get access to things in Docker - you need to have knowledge on how to open up the permissions - unfortunately, I don't use docker nor unraid.

1 hour ago, rbjtech said:

That is the issue - docker is a secure and isolated container out the box - that's the whole point of docker.   So yes, while you 'can' get access to things in Docker - you need to have knowledge on how to open up the permissions - unfortunately, I don't use docker nor unraid.

Well this is a pain-

Ok, so how about if I create a share for MediaInfo and MKVToolnix folders on my Windows 11 PC? 

The problem here is finding the right path that will work with the plugin on Unraid:

\\username:pw\192.168.50.189\MediaInfo\MediaInfo.exe doesn't work (and changing the place of the username:pw, etc). 

I was already able to access the folder from my Ipad so this should be doable. I just don't know the path format - and I can't seem to open it up to everyone off network. 

Edited by HDGuy

Teddyknuddel

This is not possible - you can only rewrite the metadata with the Windows Emby. But you cannot control programmes on another operating system from your NAS. You can uninstall the plugin from UnRaid Emby. If you want to do this on UnRaid, the only option available seems to be Docker. It wouldn't work any other way on my Synology - and I don't have anything to do with it - so Windows Emby does it for me. And the Windows PC is not on all day for me either - but it still works quite well.

4 minutes ago, Teddyknuddel said:

This is not possible - you can only rewrite the metadata with the Windows Emby. But you cannot control programmes on another operating system from your NAS. You can uninstall the plugin from UnRaid Emby. If you want to do this on UnRaid, the only option available seems to be Docker. It wouldn't work any other way on my Synology - and I don't have anything to do with it - so Windows Emby does it for me. And the Windows PC is not on all day for me either - but it still works quite well.

I'll live without it I guess and hope some of these features are integrated into the Emby server.

Tags for DV\HDR10+ and the extended audio formats are all I really wanted.

My Zidoo Z9X's HT4.0 suite does that automatically, so it's possible. 

Teddyknuddel

Both Emby versions work hand in hand for me - Emby with the plugin on Windows writes me the metadata and TAGs, and Emby without the plugin on Synology reads me these metadata and TAGs in the same way. But as you say - I've shown you one option anyway, which is relatively simple and straightforward. That's all I can do. I love this plugin, it gives me exactly the info I want.

Edited by Teddyknuddel

• 3 weeks later...

The naming of the file has an impact on how it looks in emby when grouping. The  plugin won't help with naming. 

• Agree 1

rbjtech
On 16/09/2023 at 18:25, bakes82 said:

@rbjtech@CheesegeezerTLDR: Does this work w/out modifying the files if I just want the tags in emby?  Also if I modified the file would if fix when you group multi files together?  EX: Currently it just shows the file name
image.png.0a26b1ed2d8f022f87ee65b8a077952f.png

As above, unfortunately, emby uses the actual filename to determine the 'version' - this plugin changes the 'titles' within the streams/tracks, not the filename itself.

It has been suggested that using the titles is a better solution (and then the plugin would be perfect), but I don't see that being implemented anytime soon.

Edited by rbjtech