MediaInfo For Emby Plugin(HDR, Vision, Atmos, DTS:X)

Cheesegeezer

bolok

Circling back around to this again, just because it's bothering me slightly.  Has anyone else run into any issues with the plugin not running at all on FreeBSD?  Mentioned it awhile back, and was semi mortified that the 2 programs were missing from an update I did.  But now that they're back and pointed at- I'm thinking it's a .net/ OS level issue?  I threw emby in a linux vm just to see what it looked like with the plugin and didn't even bother to install mediainfo or mkvpropedit.  It ran the scheduled task - just complained about the missing files.  Whereas I'm just getting cannot determine Operating System errors.  It worked in the past, but it may have been as far back as pre- the .Net switch when mono(?) was still being used 

Just get the following in the logs when I try to run the task- it bombs basically instantly.

2023-07-13 22:19:24.902 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://192.168.50.50:8096/emby/Sessions/Capabilities/Full?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Firefox Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=a19391b5-e1f0-4cc0-9754-ed844a4bbc09&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.0.39&X-Emby-Token=x_secret1_x&X-Emby-Language=en-us&reqformat=json. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/116.0
2023-07-13 22:19:24.945 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to host1. Time: 42ms. POST http://192.168.50.50:8096/emby/Sessions/Capabilities/Full?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Firefox Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=a19391b5-e1f0-4cc0-9754-ed844a4bbc09&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.0.39&X-Emby-Token=x_secret1_x&X-Emby-Language=en-us&reqformat=json
2023-07-13 22:20:05.954 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://192.168.50.50:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks/Running/3dbe52b9c75f0629c3d9b9865b2a1cf8?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Firefox Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=a19391b5-e1f0-4cc0-9754-ed844a4bbc09&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.0.39&X-Emby-Token=x_secret1_x&X-Emby-Language=en-us. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/116.0
2023-07-13 22:20:05.955 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to host1. Time: 2ms. POST http://192.168.50.50:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks/Running/3dbe52b9c75f0629c3d9b9865b2a1cf8?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Firefox Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=a19391b5-e1f0-4cc0-9754-ed844a4bbc09&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.0.39&X-Emby-Token=x_secret1_x&X-Emby-Language=en-us
2023-07-13 22:20:05.974 Error TaskManager: Error
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.0.39
	Command line: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -os freebsd -ffdetect /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server -updatepackage emby-server-freebsd13_{version}_amd64.pkg
	Operating system: FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p7 n245428-4dfb91682c1 TRUENAS
	Framework: .NET 6.0.5
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 16
	Data path: /var/db/emby-server
	Application path: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system
	System.Exception: System.Exception: Cannot determine operating system!
	   at Emby.MediaInfo.ScheduledTasks.MediaInfoScheduledTask.GetOperatingSystem()
	   at Emby.MediaInfo.ScheduledTasks.MediaInfoScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
	Source: Emby.MediaInfo
	TargetSite: System.Runtime.InteropServices.OSPlatform GetOperatingSystem()

MrLinford
21 hours ago, Teddyknuddel said:

I could really puke🤮 - nothing to find about MKVTOOLNIX for DSM 7.2

@TeddyknuddelIf you were running EMBY Server in a Docker container then my post further back could help you.

Edited by MrLinford
Added post URL

Teddyknuddel
1 minute ago, MrLinford said:

@TeddyknuddelIf you were running EMBY Server in a Docker container then my post further back could help you.

Unfortunately not - normal installation in DSM 7.2

• 2 weeks later...
Teddyknuddel

Is there any news regarding MediaInfo & Mkvtoolnix for DSM 7.2? Docker is not really my thing - completely new territory.

rbjtech
3 hours ago, Teddyknuddel said:

Is there any news regarding MediaInfo & Mkvtoolnix for DSM 7.2? Docker is not really my thing - completely new territory.

News from who ?

This needs to be resolved by whoever packages the DSM installs - it has nothing to do with emby, nor the mediainfo or mkvtoolnix packages I'm afraid.

rbjtech

New RBJ version - 1.0.1.31 (zip attached - copy your old DLL to .bak and extract to emby plugins folder)

Added 

Edition - retrieved from filename (added by arr 'Edition Tags' rename for example) 

("Extended Cut", "Director's Cut", "Directors Cut", "Special Edition", "Extended Edition", "IMAX", "Anniversary Edition", "Despecialized Edition", "Remastered")

Added as {edition} in video title - see below

Toggle on/off under Video Display Settings

image.png.fdb39e51de80ebe595b04f0e9ba11ede.png

image.png.0fcb21958f32c9098ec34d44a35645e0.png

You can also add as an Emby Tag if required (allowing you to filter etc)

image.png.fdfe4ce26157d04e65309b46bcc93f43.png

image.png.a8980539057211902e0bf8c800b87568.png

Added

Codec Video Profile as a full Tag (as emby still doesn't have the ability to AND filters, only OR - making it all but useless ...)

Included now if you opt to include Arr Quality Tags .. (if people don't want this, then I'll add a configuration option ...)

image.png.31e6cb67e94669dfc4dbdc4d2dbe1cca.png

Enhanced

Added the Channels to the full Tag for Audio - for the same reasons as above - Emby cannot do an AND filter - so filtering on lets say 7.1 will show both THD and DD+ Items - there is no way to filter on 7.1 AND THD (only).   There is now using Tags .. ;)

image.png.b576a6cc37e1d7167908287072c32071.png

Applies to New items only out the box - you can re-processed items or all items in the plugin if you wish once tested.

Feedback or suggestions welcome .. :)

edit 27/07 - Added a few more 'Edition' versions such as 'Ultimate' etc.

Emby.MediaInfo.dll.zip

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
Teddyknuddel

Could you somehow build a batch file that changes the video files via Windows the entries for DV, HDR and so on without me having to make these entries manually? I can't do that with Docker, and it looks like the last MediaInfo was from 2021 for Synology.

rbjtech
1 hour ago, Teddyknuddel said:

Could you somehow build a batch file that changes the video files via Windows the entries for DV, HDR and so on without me having to make these entries manually? I can't do that with Docker, and it looks like the last MediaInfo was from 2021 for Synology.

This is how it started out actually - but no, not going back there as it was primitive and now well out of date I'm afraid. 

There is nothing to stop you running a 2nd instance of emby - with the MediaInfo plugin - on any hardware/software - just setup the libraries the same as your main instance - and any file track title changes it makes to the mkv, will be reflected on your main instance .. 

• Agree 1

rbjtech

New RBJ version - 1.0.1.32 (Work In Progress - Still testing this but working well thus far ..)

Added Provider Links

In collaboration with @mickle026Extended ProviderID Plugin - this plugin now creates suitable Sonarr and Radarr Emby links to your local install of these Media Managers.

Toggle on/off under Item Tagging & Item Links

image.png.973586b43057c9e827c79f0f90e6223d.png

Sonarr

image.png.7dcafe25e2231f7012b91ee8cf372e62.png

Added to each episode and series - and will take you to sonarr's URL for that TV series.  ie http://localhost:7878/series/13-reasons-why

Note - Base URL is defined by the ProviderID Extention Plugin - this plugin just adds the metadata.

Radarr

image.png.e6bfcf39bc34bd342b7c8678e5ede201.png

Added to each Movie - and will take you to radarr's URL for that Movie.  ie http://localhost:8989/movie/136400

Note - Base URL is defined by the ProviderID Extention Plugin - this plugin just adds the metadata.

Applies to New items only out the box - you can re-processed items or all items in the plugin if you wish once tested.

To Do

• Full testing - but spot testing is 100%
  • Need to add to TV Series Parent (as currently only does Movies and Episodes)
  • Post ZIP once tested ..
  • Possibly add the ProviderID Extension (Sonarr & Radarr) directly into the Plugin.
  • Like 2

Teddyknuddel
35 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

There is nothing to stop you running a 2nd instance of emby - with the MediaInfo plugin - on any hardware/software - just setup the libraries the same as your main instance - and any file track title changes it makes to the mkv, will be reflected on your main instance .. 

Yes - I had already thought about that, and that is probably the only sensible solution at all, since there will probably be no new MediaInfo for the Synology. Especially as the Emby servers I had running under Windows only needed a fraction of the time to read everything in. And an i7 8700k with 32 GB RAM should have done the job very quickly. 

• Like 1

Teddyknuddel

It actually worked with Windows on my i7 8700k - but with the TV episode it took me three attempts before it worked. With the first two, it stopped at 20% for hours. With the third attempt at approx. 5900 episodes, it took 1:15 hours until everything was read in. With the Synology itself, it took a week until it was ready.

Not the cleanest solution, but the fastest. I can live with that - I wouldn't want to do without the MediaInfo plugin.

• Like 1

rbjtech
18 minutes ago, Teddyknuddel said:

It actually worked with Windows on my i7 8700k - but with the TV episode it took me three attempts before it worked. With the first two, it stopped at 20% for hours. With the third attempt at approx. 5900 episodes, it took 1:15 hours until everything was read in. With the Synology itself, it took a week until it was ready.

Not the cleanest solution, but the fastest. I can live with that - I wouldn't want to do without the MediaInfo plugin.

Just turn on debug logging and you can see where it got 'stuck' - the good thing is it will just carry on from where it left off until complete.   

Teddyknuddel
8 minutes ago, Grumpy1 said:

need help understanding how tags are used

Maybe just activate tags in the plugin?

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.3f31784a9550810759ba31091fa2ea6a.png

• Like 1

rbjtech

FYI - I'm just working on getting Audio Metadata and added tags into the Plugin .. :)

I'm making it a seperate tab entirelly - but the idea is to extract suitable tags (FLAC-24Bit-96Khz) etc - so you can use to filter audio tracks by Tag.

I'm also playing with using some of this info to auto-complete the 'overview' field on the 'album' layer - as any form of MediaInfo for Audio seems to be absent .. :(  so you can see the 'album' is FLAC-24-96 for example - this will just be scraped from the Album folder name - as per Lidarr's renaming framework.    I don't think there is much point doing it at a track layer as it won't be shown and all tracks within the 'album' are usually the same codec/bitrate etc.

Let me have any ideas on Audio/Music - as it's an area I haven't really used emby for in the past.

It could do things like tag 'low quality' MP3's for example if the bitrate is below a certain level.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Teddyknuddel

@rbjtech

Small suggestion for improvement for the optics.

Audio bitrate with 1.000 separation - so DTS-HD Master [3.950kb/s] instead of DTS-HD Master [3950kb/s]

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Teddyknuddel said:

@rbjtech

Small suggestion for improvement for the optics.

Audio bitrate with 1.000 separation - so DTS-HD Master [3.950kb/s] instead of DTS-HD Master [3950kb/s]

The problem with that is that the Thousandths separator is not universal. 
In the case of my country and many others, including the US, your example reads as Three point Nine Five (a value lower than Four), while the use of a comma instead of a period reverses the issue for many other countries. 

When I first came across Europeans using the period as the separator I thought I was being massively under quoted, not aware that such a difference occurred. 

Given the bitrate options are only going to be hundreds or thousands and they are not showing anymore than one value, (ie, not a list of many to cause confusion) I personally don’t see the value in trying to solve a non problem. 

FYI, I do go out of my way to have thousandths separators in my spreadsheets to make taking in all the data easier. 

Edited by KRULL
Unsure if statement was accurate
  • Like 1

Teddyknuddel

@KRULLIt was only an idea - I am absolutely happy with the current look. With the separator itself, it would look a tad better from my point of view. But if there are different spellings in other cultures, then of course you can't really please anyone and take the simplest spelling that everyone understands.

Edited by Teddyknuddel
  • Like 1

rbjtech
6 minutes ago, Grumpy1 said:

@rbjtech

would it be possible to add a section where you could select which tags to use ?

Not with you ?

You select which tags you want with the sliders .. ?

Grumpy1
4 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Not with you ?

You select which tags you want with the sliders .. ?

sorry didnt know that existed :)

where is it located ?

thanks

rbjtech
7 minutes ago, Grumpy1 said:

sorry didnt know that existed :)

where is it located ?

thanks

Within the plugin itself - just click on it and you'll get a LOT of options - unselect all those you do not want  ..

Edited by rbjtech

Grumpy1
2 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Within the plugin itself - just click on it and you'll get a LOT of options - unselect all those you do not want  ..

not working here

it acts the same if i click on ----Add Advance MediaInfo as Tags to items or the slider , just toggles it off and on

sorry if i am misunderstanding what you mean