embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

fatshotty

Hello there
i'm using Emby For Kodi v. 7.x from beta repository.
It works fine but socket can't be connected to my server because my domain doesn't allow wss connection.
So, I wonder: can the addon be connected via http/https instead of wss? maybe using long-polling?

Thanks in advance

quickmic
7 minutes ago, fatshotty said:

Hello there
i'm using Emby For Kodi v. 7.x from beta repository.
It works fine but socket can't be connected to my server because my domain doesn't allow wss connection.
So, I wonder: can the addon be connected via http/https instead of wss? maybe using long-polling?

Thanks in advance

No, in this case only a Kodi restart triggers the sync. Actually I would fix the core issue -> ws/wss should work

btw "connected via http/https instead of wss" is not correct, but I think I know what you are asking for.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

quickmic

New version available 7.13.4 -> 7.13.5:

Delta changelog:

fix folder remove logging issue
fix issue when content item has no Name information assigned

phunzie

been on vacation a few weeks, then today i updated Kodi to 19.5 and the plug-in to 7.13.5...now my Music library is not displayed...on the home page the Music category is shown with the correct Artist and Album counts, but when i try to enter the library all i get is large background art for the first artist in my library...nothing else is on the screen to select...no Menu icons, album icons, text, etc.....Movie and TV libraries still show properly...have performed library reset  

mdeinhardt

Servus Quickmic,

On 1/10/2023 at 4:54 PM, quickmic said:

Well, easiest way you try t out on a PC/Mac and not directly install it on your Kodi (productive) devices. However, emby next gen has no issues with multiple libraries but probably you need to customize the skins.

EmbyCon works by accessing Emby server directly, next-gen can sync and also the capability to use direct links (called dynamic nodes).

...have a look at the FAQ.

trying everything on a PC first was the best advice. I'm not sure why, but I had it in my head to do it on my main device (CoreElec) and get it right there. Naturally it took ages and I got frustrated three nights in a row, almost giving up. Sometimes I am so stuck and stubborn.... 🤪

On the PC it took me 30 minutes to test both EmbyCon and then Emby for Kodi NG and finally understand, where I went wrong before.

I also found that Embuary works really well for me. I guess I installed it before running either Emby addon and never saw what it can do with Emby already connected.  I know, RTFM, but well....

I also found that simply using two Kodi profiles, I can easily switch between the two servers. Finally I have everything I wanted.

In your opinion, am I right in thinking that with that many libraries and a rather large collection Emby for Kodi NG will be faster in the day-to-day usage? Is there anything I have to consider (like caching etc.)?

Thanks for putting me on the right track.

Merci vielmals

Michael

quickmic
8 hours ago, phileas50 said:

This is still in beta? When can we expect a final stable release?

Target date is end of January IF there are no showstoppers reported.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
6 hours ago, mdeinhardt said:

I also found that simply using two Kodi profiles, I can easily switch between the two servers. Finally I have everything I wanted.

Yes this is an option but not mandatory. You can also use two or more Emby servers in the same profile as well. Just go into the next-gen plugin menu and select "connect to server".

btw, I can only support you for emby-for-kodi-next-gen plugin. I'm not the EmbyCon developer, I only know the basics.

In your opinion, am I right in thinking that with that many libraries and a rather large collection Emby for Kodi NG will be faster in the day-to-day usage? Is there anything I have to consider (like caching etc.)?

Well this it's more a question using synced content vs dynamic content (FAQ has additional information here). Synced content is by design faster than dynamic content. I recommend using synced content wherever possible. You can call synced content sort of cached database.

Synced content is exactly as fast as if you use stock Kodi. There is an additional option (in the plugin menu) to cache all artwork -> can consume lots of extra (hdd/sdcard) space.

For even more performance, you need to dig into the Kodi nodes (the skin is using). Every custom skin (not the default Kodi skin) can be fully adjusted. If you wanna learn more about skin modifications, please open a new thread. The one is mainly for technical support.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
12 hours ago, phunzie said:

been on vacation a few weeks, then today i updated Kodi to 19.5 and the plug-in to 7.13.5...now my Music library is not displayed...on the home page the Music category is shown with the correct Artist and Album counts, but when i try to enter the library all i get is large background art for the first artist in my library...nothing else is on the screen to select...no Menu icons, album icons, text, etc.....Movie and TV libraries still show properly...have performed library reset  

Can you please send me a kodi.log for review? Maybe also screenshots. I'll also perform additional test.

btw, what Emby server version do you use?

EDIT:

I tested again, I cannot find any issue in music libraries.

Edited by quickmic

Mookdog

Hey @quickmic

Have u been in contact with @Luke about the issue with beta server and Next Gen ? Does he know what the problem is and have a possile fix on the next beta server release ? I really miss using Next Gen

Mook

quickmic
3 hours ago, Mookdog said:

Hey @quickmic

Have u been in contact with @Luke about the issue with beta server and Next Gen ? Does he know what the problem is and have a possile fix on the next beta server release ? I really miss using Next Gen

Mook

No I'm not. Last was the test report in the other thread.

fatshotty
On 1/10/2023 at 5:51 PM, quickmic said:

No, in this case only a Kodi restart triggers the sync. Actually I would fix the core issue -> ws/wss should work

btw "connected via http/https instead of wss" is not correct, but I think I know what you are asking for.

thanks for reply
just to be sure: is there a way to manually trigger the sync without restarting kodi?

quickmic
1 minute ago, fatshotty said:

thanks for reply
just to be sure: is there a way to manually trigger the sync without restarting kodi?

Only by adjusting the last sync date.

phunzie
8 hours ago, quickmic said:

Can you please send me a kodi.log for review? Maybe also screenshots. I'll also perform additional test.

btw, what Emby server version do you use?

log sent...i'm using Emby Server 4.7.11.0

when i try to enter my Music library, all i see is the big ABBA background, nothing else

could this be a skin issue? i use Rapier which apparently was updated when Kodi 19.5 came out

Music-Home.JPG

Music Library.JPG

• Thanks 1

quickmic
4 minutes ago, phunzie said:

log sent...i'm using Emby Server 4.7.11.0

when i try to enter my Music library, all i see is the big ABBA background, nothing else

could this be a skin issue? i use Rapier which apparently was updated when Kodi 19.5 came out

Music-Home.JPG

Music Library.JPG

The log doesn't show any indication of an issue. I need another log after init or repair sync. Also switch to Estuary skin to rule out a skin issue.

• Like 1

phunzie
23 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Also switch to Estuary skin to rule out a skin issue.

ok, apparently it's an issue with the latest version of Rapier, 12.3.9.   i switched to Estuary and my library displayed fine, so i then rolled back to previous version of Rapier, 12.3.5, and that works fine also <_<

• Like 1

838Joel

Hi,

Just added a show lately (The Lost DNA), it sync and is available if I dig in the TV Shows list, but does not show in the recently added episodes list like usually it should do!

Any idea why? In this show there is only nfo files, no jpg or any kind of images in the folders! Can this be it?

I<m using all the lastest Emby server 4.7.11.0 and the 7.13.5 with Kodi 20RC

_Kodi.thumb.jpg.7baf6bea339f36a1050cb4004b52fe00.jpg

Edited by 838Joel

quickmic
6 minutes ago, 838Joel said:

Hi,

Just added a show lately (The Lost DNA), it sync and is available if I dig in the TV Shows list, but does not show in the recently added episodes list like usually it should do!

Any idea why? In this show there is only nfo files, no jpg or any kind of images in the folders! Can this be it?

_Kodi.thumb.jpg.7baf6bea339f36a1050cb4004b52fe00.jpg

If the content is marked as watched, it will not be visible under recently added.

<node order="3" type="filter">
<label>Recently Added Episodes</label>
<match>all</match>
<icon>DefaultRecentlyAddedEpisodes.png</icon>
<content>episodes</content>
<rule field="tag" operator="is">TV Shows</rule>
<order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
<rule field="playcount" operator="is">0</rule>
<limit>25</limit>
</node>

<rule field="playcount" operator="is">0</rule>

838Joel
12 minutes ago, quickmic said:

If the content is marked as watched, it will not be visible under recently added.

Well now it is because I watch one episode, after searching for it, but was not showing even before I watch anything!

quickmic
4 minutes ago, 838Joel said:

Well now it is because I watch one episode, after searching for it, but was not showing even before I watch anything!

Mark it as unwatched and it will show up.

I don't know what happened before. Impossible to say but I'm quite sure it was also marked as watched (for some reason). For further review I need a reproducible test case.

838Joel
10 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Mark it as unwatched and it will show up.

I don't know what happened before. Impossible to say but I'm quite sure it was also marked as watched (for some reason). For further review I need a reproducible test case.

I did that, did not show up. I closed Kodi and start it back. it does the normal sync at the beginning, and still not showing!

quickmic
14 minutes ago, 838Joel said:

I did that, did not show up. I closed Kodi and start it back. it does the normal sync at the beginning, and still not showing!

I need your myvideo.db for review as well as the tvshow name.

838Joel
26 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I need your myvideo.db for review as well as the tvshow name.

I have two files: MyVideos119.db and MyVideos121.db, which one or you need both?

quickmic
Just now, 838Joel said:

I have two files: MyVideos119.db and MyVideos121.db, which one or you need both?

This tells me you are currently using Kodi 20, right?

838Joel
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

This tells me you are currently using Kodi 20, right?

Like I said: