embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
17 minutes ago, lightsout said:

Am I correct in thinking that I can update to v7 over v6, only requiring a manual database reset? Or is there more involved?

Yes. v6 ->v7 upgrade requires a database reset on Kodi, but this should be automatically initiated (by the wizard) once updated. No need for any manual  intervention.

Let me know if there are any sort of struggle cause this should be flawless.

Edited by quickmic

lightsout
9 hours ago, quickmic said:

Yes. v6 ->v7 upgrade requires a database reset on Kodi, but this should be automatically initiated (by the wizard) once updated. No need for any manual  intervention.

Let me know if there are any sort of struggle cause this should be flawless.

Ok will do thank you.

quickmic

New version available 7.13.3 -> 7.13.4:

Delta changelog:

fix boxset issue
fix edgecase sync issue
fix edgecase dynamic node (widget) issue

monkeylove

If you are using the default Kodi theme, want to have several favourites, and want to avoid problems with bookmarked videos and shows no longer loading after an Emby database reset, you can consider using the smart playlist feature in Kodi. For example, create "TV Comedies," then select TV shows for the type and for the rules look for Title and click on the browse box to choose which TV shows to add. You can edit the playlist later to add and remove shows, and bookmark the playlist itself as a favourite.

Eigeplackter

Anyone else having problems with sync between kodi and emby ?

kodi.log

Keeps telling me: "Emby Server busy: Sync in progress", but it's a lazy sod, nothing running (no tasks, no transcode, no playback).

The percentage above start with like 92% and goes to 100% just to drop back to 92%.

Deleted Database and reset local kodi db, didn't help.

quickmic
22 minutes ago, Eigeplackter said:

Anyone else having problems with sync between kodi and emby ?

kodi.log 64.62 kB · 0 downloads

Keeps telling me: "Emby Server busy: Sync in progress", but it's a lazy sod, nothing running (no tasks, no transcode, no playback).

The percentage above start with like 92% and goes to 100% just to drop back to 92%.

Deleted Database and reset local kodi db, didn't help.

I'm quite sure Emby server is busy. Enable debug log in Kodi and send me new log (via PM).

Don't drop debug logs here in the forum.

quickmic
3 minutes ago, Eigeplackter said:

Today I tried again with setting up new db, worked afterwards.

I send you a PM

I'm not sure if this has already been identified, but I'm getting a weird bug where when playing a movie or show the title is shown as the long emby ID/reference thing instead of the actual movie name. The titles look fine when browsing though, they only show up like that when it's playing. 

I'm using 7.13.4, with Kodi 20 RC2 and Arctic Horizon 2 Skin

image.thumb.png.c58b0f3298440a528b9fc93de5784780.png

quickmic
1 hour ago, smernt said:

I'm not sure if this has already been identified, but I'm getting a weird bug where when playing a movie or show the title is shown as the long emby ID/reference thing instead of the actual movie name. The titles look fine when browsing though, they only show up like that when it's playing. 

This is the url "filename". Let me guess, you are playing dynamic content?

Sandro1982

I used the add-on normally on three Android devices and it stopped working on all of them. Asked to reset the local database, did the whole synchronization process but the media does not appear. Any hint why? 

quickmic
5 minutes ago, Sandro1982 said:

I used the add-on normally on three Android devices and it stopped working on all of them. Asked to reset the local database, did the whole synchronization process but the media does not appear. Any hint why? 

Without a kodi.log, no.

Perform another factory reset via plugin menu, maybe it fixes the issue.

1 hour ago, quickmic said:

This is the url "filename". Let me guess, you are playing dynamic content?

Sorry, not sure what you mean by dynamic content? I'm just using the emby next gen via the default addon-path setup.

quickmic
16 minutes ago, smernt said:

Sorry, not sure what you mean by dynamic content? I'm just using the emby next gen via the default addon-path setup.

Not synced content.

838Joel
5 hours ago, smernt said:

I have the same behavior but when I check the "information" of the movie et know the filename..., cannot recall since when, but this as been the same for a while back... Even with Kodi 19, now 20 RC, but don't know when this start to change because I don't check the filename all the time, but something change.... And I always used the plugin by default with the Kodi skin by default! Did it start when moving from 6.x.x to 7.x.x?

quickmic

Please tell me what's exactly the issue.

The screenshot from smernt shows a correct filename. This is not an issue unless you are reporting wrong (Kodi) metadata "labels". -> I assume that's what you are telling me?

Also my question about dynamic content was not answered yet. If so, I elaborate on that.

Edited by quickmic

Centory

Hi @quickmic I have a question, when i select an actor, in this case "Dave Bautista", i get different results. In the movie "Glass Onion" is the result only one another movie (Der Spion von nebenan), When i select "Dave Bautista" in the movie "Guardians of the Galaxy", i get all other movies what i have (except Galls Onion & Der Spion von nebenan). In emby is all correctly working. In all ...movie.nfo files is the same info.

<actor>
    <name>Dave Bautista</name>
    <role>Duke Cody</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <tmdbid>543530</tmdbid>
    <imdbid>nm1176985</imdbid>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Centory\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\people\Dave Bautista-tmdb-543530\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>

I hope the pictures let you understand what i mean.

Spoiler

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

edit: I see in kodi.log

EMBY.database.video_db: Duplicate PersonName detected: Dave Bautista / UNIQUE constraint failed: actor.name

I will delete the emby and video.db and make another db reset, ihope this will work.

Edited by Centory

quickmic
9 minutes ago, Centory said:

Hi @quickmic I have a question, when i select an actor, in this case "Dave Bautista", i get different results. In the movie "Glass Onion" is the result only one another movie (Der Spion von nebenan), When i select "Dave Bautista" in the movie "Guardians of the Galaxy", i get all other movies what i have (except Galls Onion & Der Spion von nebenan). In emby is all correctly working. In all ...movie.nfo files is the same info.

<actor>
    <name>Dave Bautista</name>
    <role>Duke Cody</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <tmdbid>543530</tmdbid>
    <imdbid>nm1176985</imdbid>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Centory\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\people\Dave Bautista-tmdb-543530\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>

I hope the pictures let you understand what i mean.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

Do you use multiple movie libraries?

Centory

I did know what you mean exactly,  i have a NAS with 4 hdd, so i have a folder on hdd 1 with comic films, here is Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and on hdd 2 i have also an folder with comic films, in this folder is Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and i the in the library section i add a library Comic Movies and add both folders from both hdd's, is this what you mean?

edit: deleting emby and video.db and db reset will not help to solve my problem.

Edited by Centory

quickmic
6 minutes ago, Centory said:

I did know what you mean exactly,  i have a NAS with 4 hdd, so i have a folder on hdd 1 with comic films, here is Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and on hdd 2 i have also an folder with comic films, in this folder is Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and i the in the library section i add a library Comic Movies and add both folders from both hdds, is this what you mean?

I mean Emby server libraries, doesn't matter on which (hdd) drive they are located. But different movie libraries on Emby server are treated independently by the plugin.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

Like I said the libraries are handled independently, also Actor wise. This is a concession to musicvideo multi library support -> Kodi has limitations.

That's the reason I think the assigned movies to an actor works this way as you described.

mdeinhardt

Hi all,

I have 2 Emby servers, one with 28 libraries and one with 35 libraries. The reason I am doing it like this is that I have mapped the libraries to folders, into which I meticulously sorted my movies by genre for almost 20 years now. I tend to have many very specific genres (like "Shark Movies", "Zombie Movies" and so on) which don't match the usual genres coming from TMDB. And I am using 2 server to separate Eastern and Western (as in western hemisphere) movies.

This works perfectly for me on any native Emby client, as I can quickly go to each library and know exactly what kind of movies I'll find there and with the right sorting also see immediatly which movies are new in each library/folder.

I am now trying to get as close to this experience with Kodi. Would Emby for Kodi NG be the right approach this? Will it handle this many libraries well and give me direct access to them similar to the native clients (if I can get a skin like Embuary or any other to display them similarily)? Or is this the wrong approach? Does anyone handle many libraries as well on Kodi with Emby for Kodi or EmbyCon?

Thanks

Michael

quickmic
15 hours ago, mdeinhardt said:

Hi all,

I have 2 Emby servers, one with 28 libraries and one with 35 libraries. The reason I am doing it like this is that I have mapped the libraries to folders, into which I meticulously sorted my movies by genre for almost 20 years now. I tend to have many very specific genres (like "Shark Movies", "Zombie Movies" and so on) which don't match the usual genres coming from TMDB. And I am using 2 server to separate Eastern and Western (as in western hemisphere) movies.

This works perfectly for me on any native Emby client, as I can quickly go to each library and know exactly what kind of movies I'll find there and with the right sorting also see immediatly which movies are new in each library/folder.

I am now trying to get as close to this experience with Kodi. Would Emby for Kodi NG be the right approach this? Will it handle this many libraries well and give me direct access to them similar to the native clients (if I can get a skin like Embuary or any other to display them similarily)? Or is this the wrong approach? Does anyone handle many libraries as well on Kodi with Emby for Kodi or EmbyCon?

Thanks

Michael

Well, easiest way you try t out on a PC/Mac and not directly install it on your Kodi (productive) devices. However, emby next gen has no issues with multiple libraries but probably you need to customize the skins.

EmbyCon works by accessing Emby server directly, next-gen can sync and also the capability to use direct links (called dynamic nodes).

...have a look at the FAQ.