embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

DarWun
13 hours ago, Mookdog said:

I posted about the whole library issue with New shows and Movies werent getting scanned in on 4.8.0.20 and he got it fixed in 0.21 but I briefly mentioned about nexgen having issues but nothing ever came of it

Mook

@MookdogJust curious as to what issues you had with Emby Nextgen after updating to Emby beta 4.8.0.20. I updated to it last evening, and I did not notice any issues after a couple hours of use. Maybe I just got lucky.

Mookdog
3 hours ago, DarWun said:

@MookdogJust curious as to what issues you had with Emby Nextgen after updating to Emby beta 4.8.0.20. I updated to it last evening, and I did not notice any issues after a couple hours of use. Maybe I just got lucky.

Dynamic Nodes work ok the only problem I am having now is my New Releases section only shows 4 movies in the Recently added movies section. Recently added movies in my older movies section works fine. If I tried to do Synced mode it freezes in the middle of scanning tv shows seasons

Mook

• Like 1

LittleWizard

I have tried "play on" button in Android emby app and than select device name - Emby for kodi.

I tried on both emby for kodi 6.x and kodi 18 (libreelec) and emby for kodi 7.x on kodi 19 (libreelec)

It does work, but resume points does not.

I select "resume", but it always starts from the beginning.

Server version is 4.7.10

Plugins are latest stable 6.x and latest public 7.x of this forum.

As a workaround I can use Yatse (kodi remote) instead of emby but it's a one more step since yatze sync with kodi which sync with Emby....

LittleWizard

PS in same configurations "collections" are not syncing correctly. In kodi for amby 6 are not updated, and in 7 are limited (only few collections). Maybe a film can be linked to a single collection in kodi and so they are truncated? Or simple the beta stage? For me they are not essential anyway. Thanks!

quickmic
9 hours ago, LittleWizard said:

I have tried "play on" button in Android emby app and than select device name - Emby for kodi.

I tried on both emby for kodi 6.x and kodi 18 (libreelec) and emby for kodi 7.x on kodi 19 (libreelec)

Server version is 4.7.10

As a workaround I can use Yatse (kodi remote) instead of emby but it's a one more step since yatze sync with kodi which sync with Emby....

I need a kodi.log for review after you pressed "play on" and "resume".

quickmic
5 hours ago, LittleWizard said:

PS in same configurations "collections" are not syncing correctly. In kodi for amby 6 are not updated, and in 7 are limited (only few collections). Maybe a film can be linked to a single collection in kodi and so they are truncated? Or simple the beta stage? For me they are not essential anyway. Thanks!

Yes, limitation of Kodi. One movie can only be assigned to one collection/boxset.

LittleWizard

Server version is 4.7.10

-------------------------------------------

Here is the Kodi LOG.

The jump in time of one hour is because I setted the correct region time zone after the boot.

I resumed "Annie Live" from emby app android, it doesn't resume and started from beginning.

I than jumped to the correct point, stopped and resumed again and again from teh beggining instead of resume.

Same thing with other movies.

Also sometime seek bar in the app stop working correctly, I can jump to positions, but timer is not correct and changing movie the remote function persist in showing me the previous movie and at the wrong position.

kodi.log

quickmic
11 minutes ago, LittleWizard said:

The jump in time of one hour is because I setted the correct region time zone after the boot.

I resumed "Annie Live" from emby app android, it doesn't resume and started from beginning.

I asked for the log, cause I thought it's not playing at all.

The resume-point is not respected, yes. According to my research, seems to be an Emby server bug.

Can you confirm that? Is the resume point working if you remote control e.g. Emby app? I don't think so, Emby server is not reporting the position via Websocket (I know it worked in the past).

LittleWizard
14 hours ago, quickmic said:

I need a kodi.log for review after you pressed "play on" and "resume".

2 hours ago, quickmic said:

I asked for the log, cause I thought it's not playing at all.

The resume-point is not respected, yes. According to my research, seems to be an Emby server bug.

Can you confirm that? Is the resume point working if you remote control e.g. Emby app? I don't think so, Emby server is not reporting the position via Websocket (I know it worked in the past).

I have not understood your question. Any way resume point does work in emby app itself (playing it on the phone itself with no remote control of kodi) and it does work if I resume from kodi itself without using emby as remote control. It also works using Yatse as remote control.

It does not work correctly when I use Emby app as a remote for Kodi connecting through Emby for Kodi.

Also after few retries emby app seems to fail: notification with control buttons does not go away even if disconnected and terminated and it goes on counting time for a movie it's no more playing.

quickmic
12 hours ago, LittleWizard said:

I have not understood your question. Any way resume point does work in emby app itself (playing it on the phone itself with no remote control of kodi) and it does work if I resume from kodi itself without using emby as remote control. It also works using Yatse as remote control.

It does not work correctly when I use Emby app as a remote for Kodi connecting through Emby for Kodi.

Also after few retries emby app seems to fail: notification with control buttons does not go away even if disconnected and terminated and it goes on counting time for a movie it's no more playing.

I don't use Emby App or Yatse. I use the remote the control function on Emby's WebUI controlling other devices. But I assume they use the same "websocket messages" as commands.

(from your debug log) this is the command Emby server sends to the next-gen plugin:

2022-12-14 17:24:25.993 T:1378    DEBUG <general>: Emby.hooks.websocket: Incoming data: {"MessageType":"Play","MessageId":"2070c4e2fa1a4ddaa17f727579ab5758","Data":{"Id":"5060804091f484a17c4c510c1243a752","ItemIds":[745],"PlayCommand":"PlayNow","ControllingUserId":"0cb370038b92467696ac26d1f8d452c5","SubtitleStreamIndex":2,"AudioStreamIndex":1,"MediaSourceId":"86e4ab3ad9c6d3e8674924250bc014eb"}}

This is the play command the the parameter "SeekPositionTicks" is not included.

If you seek via remote this command is send:

2022-12-14 17:24:36.509 T:1378    DEBUG <general>: Emby.hooks.websocket: Incoming data: {"MessageType":"Playstate","MessageId":"000489bda3334cd48ac693e173e66302","Data":{"Id":"5060804091f484a17c4c510c1243a752","Command":"Seek","SeekPositionTicks":52172932663,"ControllingUserId":"0cb370038b92467696ac26d1f8d452c5"}}

This one includes the "SeekPositionTicks" and the same parameter should be included in the "Play" command, and that's missing. Ergo the plugin start playback from beginning.

This seems like an Emby server bug and that's what you should confirm. Control Emby App via Emby WebUI and check, if the startpoint is respected by Emby App. I don't think so, cause it will receive the same commands as next-gen plugin.

About:

Also after few retries emby app seems to fail:

This is a different problem and needs further review. First as mentioned, use remote control from Emby's WebUI as a test. Maybe it's a bug in Emby App and I want to rule that out.

If there is a misunderstanding, let me know.

Edited by quickmic

LittleWizard

Ok. I tried from browser emby on my pc and same problem as the app:

resume does not work, seeking bar does work but with strange behaviour: when I move pointer over it instead of time it pop-up __ : __ but clicking, it correctly jump to the point.

I then disconnected and retried using dlna instead of ember for kodi: same problem: no resume.

Also seeking bar and controls does not appear anymore so it was not the emby app, but emby serve to do mess also with interface.

• Like 1

quickmic
1 hour ago, LittleWizard said:

Ok. I tried from browser emby on my pc and same problem as the app:

resume does not work, seeking bar does work but with strange behaviour: when I move pointer over it instead of time it pop-up __ : __ but clicking, it correctly jump to the point.

I then disconnected and retried using dlna instead of ember for kodi: same problem: no resume.

Also seeking bar and controls does not appear anymore so it was not the emby app, but emby serve to do mess also with interface.

Ok, so not a plugin issue and there is nothing I can do from my side.

LittleWizard

OK.

Seems really broken, tried also with new nvidia shield +kodi+emby+kody for emby using dlna.

Are you in contact with emby server developers to tell them about that?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, LittleWizard said:

OK.

Seems really broken, tried also with new nvidia shield +kodi+emby+kody for emby using dlna.

Are you in contact with emby server developers to tell them about that?

Thanks!

HI, we're happy to help.

Thanks.

quickmic

New version available 7.13.0 -> 7.13.1:

Delta changelog:

Improve dynamic nodes lookup if content is synced to Kodi (e.g. for playlists)
remove reuselanguageinvoker due to Kodi bug -> https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/21653
fix shutdown issue
fix dynamic movie nodes content, when synced to Kodi (movies, musicvideos progress was wrong)
add translations
fix playlist ops for multiselection content
fix minor websocket issue
increase websocket timeout from 25 seconds to 60 seconds
improve factory reset in case of a fatal database inconsistency
fix sync issue for invalid (Emby server) content
fix boxset issue when content was updated

t123thomas

Hi Quickmic, I spotted an issue which I couldn't determine if it was Kodi or E4K, when I turned on Mater Lock to prevent someone changing my settings

What i noticed is all my tv shows and movies will not display, could you please confirm the root cause of the issue

I have grab a log for your peruse

Log

Screen shots of my Mater Lock setting

screenshot00003.png

screenshot00004.png

screenshot00005.png

screenshot00006.png

Eigeplackter

I'm not mic, but this skin looks like the "Estuary V2 Mod" im using. Have you set the new variables in skin configuration ?

To show files via E4K you need to change the main menu settings -> user defined action 

image.thumb.png.8a22989ccc61b5381fd1d6975c366c01.png

t123thomas
4 hours ago, Eigeplackter said:

I'm not mic, but this skin looks like the "Estuary V2 Mod" im using. Have you set the new variables in skin configuration ?

To show files via E4K you need to change the main menu settings -> user defined action 

image.thumb.png.8a22989ccc61b5381fd1d6975c366c01.png

Thanks for your input, the skin is the default Kodi 19

• Thanks 1

monkeylove

I experienced a similar problem to the one I mentioned here:

That is, I added a new video to movies, and it shows up in the Emby server but not in Kodi (using the latest embyforkodi 7.X.X), even after several times of automatic updates. I decided to update the movie library manually (I don't think there's a way to update, say, only the folder where the movie that doesn't show up is located), and it's taking a long time to do so (around 10 pct an hour).

Also, whenever I hose the database and start over, many things that were bookmarked in favorites no longer work, although at least the Emby favorites still do.

Given that, my suggestion others experiencing similar problems is to move the movie to a temporary folder and rescan the library using the Emby server to remove it from the library. After that, move the movie back (preferably with no metadata that was already collected) and then let Emby or another app re-scrape and add the movie back to the library, and then run Kodi and let the Emby addon automatically scan the library once more.

quickmic
1 hour ago, monkeylove said:

I experienced a similar problem to the one I mentioned here:

That is, I added a new video to movies, and it shows up in the Emby server but not in Kodi (using the latest embyforkodi 7.X.X), even after several times of automatic updates. I decided to update the movie library manually (I don't think there's a way to update, say, only the folder where the movie that doesn't show up is located), and it's taking a long time to do so (around 10 pct an hour).

Also, whenever I hose the database and start over, many things that were bookmarked in favorites no longer work, although at least the Emby favorites still do.

Given that, my suggestion others experiencing similar problems is to move the movie to a temporary folder and rescan the library using the Emby server to remove it from the library. After that, move the movie back (preferably with no metadata that was already collected) and then let Emby or another app re-scrape and add the movie back to the library, and then run Kodi and let the Emby addon automatically scan the library once more.

Which 7.X version are you currently using?

quickmic
1 hour ago, monkeylove said:

I don't think there's a way to update, say,

You can try adjust the last incremental sync date. For a deeper look, I need a Kodi log when this happens.

monkeylove

OK, I will install the Kodi log addon and capture the log when it happens again, and then will adjust the sync date after. I'm currently using version 7.10.5.

Edited by monkeylove