embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
8 minutes ago, Mookdog said:

It screwed up dynamic modes too.

Yes, I can also confirm that too. Fortunately I'm using a virtual machine (actually a lxc container) as Emby server, so I can completely rollback to 4.8.0.19. -> Working again

4 hours ago, quickmic said:

New version available 7.12.0 -> 7.13.0:

Have experienced some Kodi crashes when updating. Whenever closing was initiated, attached are a few logs.

Did you intentionally remove the setting if you can choose to reset the addon settings before some versions? For me it's ok, because you can add the libraries later and thus restore the settings. Especially if you have alternative coverarts and compress cache in use, you have to remember now (otherwise you have to add again). 

kodi_Kodi schließen.log kodi.log kodi.old.log

• Like 1

LittleWizard
19 hours ago, LittleWizard said:

I'm sorry, I'm testing both 6.x and 7.x on kodi 19. Only once I succeed in creating a node in kodi to see folder structure of Emby.

I did it by creating a new node with Estuary option: New node, than inside that: Add path > Plugin... > emby next gen> ...

After emby next gen, only once I found Movies > folders, I don't understand if it is the version (6 vs 7 or some settings in the plugin)...

I really need folder browsing because my folders reflect my Genre organization and in emby I did't find any way to add a tag to a whole folder (maybe also automatically).

I think it's only in v.7: Dynamics nodes, Folder. Seems to be it!

I'm sorry, is there a way to have Dynamic nodes with folder view or something similar also in kodi 18.x Leia? I have a raspberry Pi3 which doesn't work well libreelec with kodi 19.

Version 7.x seems not to be compatible with leia, while 6.x seems not to have dynamic nodes.

quickmic
49 minutes ago, Seger said:

Have experienced some Kodi crashes when updating.

Where, I don't see any in the logs. Please be specific.

Whenever I want to close Kodi, it freezes, no reaction. Regardless of whether it's from the addon or if I initiate it manually myself.

Apart from that, I have not been able to find any more errors so far.

quickmic
5 minutes ago, Seger said:

Whenever I want to close Kodi, it freezes, no reaction. Regardless of whether it's from the addon or if I initiate it manually myself.

Apart from that, I have not been able to find any more errors so far.

Only thing I see crashes from "slyguy" plugin.

quickmic
11 minutes ago, Seger said:

I removed the addon and repo, no change and I don't see anything in the log. Whenever I try to exit kodi, it stops responding.

kodi.log 81.52 kB · 2 downloads

Still looks ok to me. I'll perform further tests...

btw,

In next version I'll remove the "reuselanguageinvoker" option due to a Kodi bug -> https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/21653

You can try that, maybe it helps. Also the widgets should be much more stable.

Remove this line:

<reuselanguageinvoker>true</reuselanguageinvoker>

from ..addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/addon.xml

watched 4 episodes of Superman on an Android device (Shield) via the Emby app. after finishing the episodes and waiting 45min. there was no activity on Kodi (windows machine); the episodes watched were not set seen. "Next" was still on the old episode. I then intervened manually and set the sync. time in the addon forward by one hour and triggered the sync. again. It also ran through, but the episodes were not updated as seen. Only after a Kodi restart was there the desired change. The Android client and the server were always in sync, only Kodi was not. Attached are a few logs... Could also be an Embuary problem, I'm not sure.

I have already implemented it:

6 hours ago, quickmic said:
<reuselanguageinvoker>true</reuselanguageinvoker>

Edit: I would like to add again that "unfortunately" I could not recreate it a second time.

kodi.old.log kodi.log

Edited by Seger

Mookdog

Hey @quickmic

Dont know if u read or not but the changes on 4.8.0.20 has to do with libraries db and its unfortunate that I cant downgrade the server bc of that. Luke is however working on a fix. Hopefully that will get NextGen up and running perfect again.

Mook

• Like 1

t123thomas
On 12/9/2022 at 3:26 PM, quickmic said:

This is not a bug and it doesn't matter if you are watching or even using LiveTV on Kodi. It means, your Emby server is busy. Probably you should change your scheduled tasks on Emby server if this happens too often.

If Kodi device is not set to service livetv but when the guide is refresh in the server, and it been displayed on client when is the use, as I noticed it take a lot of processing power of the client reading or sync what is not need ed for the clients. Especially on my low powered Kodi devices when the epg is been updated by the unit is very slow to response as it the syncn take power away unit it's finished the client low power resumed to its normal behaviour.

I hope there a way to suppressed the sync from happen when livetv is not been connected to the server

Mookdog
4 hours ago, Mookdog said:

Hey @quickmic

Dont know if u read or not but the changes on 4.8.0.20 has to do with libraries db and its unfortunate that I cant downgrade the server bc of that. Luke is however working on a fix. Hopefully that will get NextGen up and running perfect again.

Mook

Unfortunately it didnt fix it. 4.8.0.21 still screws up nextgen. I think it has to do with the changes on how the libraries are handled now

Mook

quickmic
2 hours ago, t123thomas said:

If Kodi device is not set to service livetv but when the guide is refresh in the server, and it been displayed on client when is the use, as I noticed it take a lot of processing power of the client reading or sync what is not need ed for the clients. Especially on my low powered Kodi devices when the epg is been updated by the unit is very slow to response as it the syncn take power away unit it's finished the client low power resumed to its normal behaviour.

I think you misunderstood something here. I assume "been displayed on client when is the use" is referring to the message that the server is busy with live tv/epg sync? (I don't know the exact message).

If so, this means nothing ONLY that the server is busy and sync (all sync) is postponed. It also doesn't mean Kodi is actually syncing EPG after server has finished. EPG refresh on Kodi side/plugin side is always a manual sync progress. SO even you synced LiveTV to Kodi, it's not syncing at all till you MANUALLY re-trigger the sync.

quickmic
2 hours ago, t123thomas said:

please can take look  at the log report https://paste.kodi.tv/zusejewomo

I see several lines of epg feeds from emby server, this should be happening since  my client is not set to obtain LiveTv from server, this was never happening in prior version eg the 6th series as i recalled

"epg feeds from emby" no there aren't any. As mentioned before, this is a manuel process. I assume you mean this:

pvr.iptvsimple: pvr.iptvsimple - LoadEPG - EPG Loaded - 5206 (ms)

Took 5 seconds and this is the sync from pvr.iptvsimple plugin and NOT from next-gen plugin. Disable it in iptvsimple plugin if you don't which this.

If you mean something different, please elaborate.

quickmic
2 hours ago, Mookdog said:

Unfortunately it didnt fix it. 4.8.0.21 still screws up nextgen. I think it has to do with the changes on how the libraries are handled now

Mook

Yes, I think so too. As mentioned, the (Emby server) debug log showed correct queries and correct responses from Emby server, they where just damn slow. I think it was 2-5 Seconds for ONE movie/content query (updated). I not even tested the init sync. Did you speak to Luke? Is there already a thread about this matter?

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
16 hours ago, LittleWizard said:

I think it's only in v.7: Dynamics nodes, Folder. Seems to be it!

I'm sorry, is there a way to have Dynamic nodes with folder view or something similar also in kodi 18.x Leia? I have a raspberry Pi3 which doesn't work well libreelec with kodi 19.

Version 7.x seems not to be compatible with leia, while 6.x seems not to have dynamic nodes.

Yes, 7.x is NOT compatible with Kodi 18. I think there was a folder view available in 6.x (not quite sure). Maybe it was labeled differently? Also I recommend using Kodi 19, sooner or later you must update anyway. Maybe switch to osmc, xbian or openelec if libreelec troubles you.

Mookdog
16 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Yes, I think so too. As mentioned, the (Emby server) debug log showed correct queries and correct responses from Emby server, they where just damn slow. I think it was 2-5 Seconds for ONE movie/content query (updated). I not even tested the init sync. Did you speak to Luke? Is there already a thread about this matter?

I posted about the whole library issue with New shows and Movies werent getting scanned in on 4.8.0.20 and he got it fixed in 0.21 but I briefly mentioned about nexgen having issues but nothing ever came of it

Mook

quickmic
8 minutes ago, Mookdog said:

I posted about the whole library issue with New shows and Movies werent getting scanned in on 4.8.0.20 and he got it fixed in 0.21 but I briefly mentioned about nexgen having issues but nothing ever came of it

Mook

I'll perform another test with .21 (after I took a fresh backup 😉)

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
9 hours ago, Seger said:

watched 4 episodes of Superman on an Android device (Shield) via the Emby app. after finishing the episodes and waiting 45min. there was no activity on Kodi (windows machine); the episodes watched were not set seen. "Next" was still on the old episode. I then intervened manually and set the sync. time in the addon forward by one hour and triggered the sync. again. It also ran through, but the episodes were not updated as seen. Only after a Kodi restart was there the desired change. The Android client and the server were always in sync, only Kodi was not. Attached are a few logs... Could also be an Embuary problem, I'm not sure.

I have already implemented it:

Edit: I would like to add again that "unfortunately" I could not recreate it a second time.

kodi.old.log 188.68 kB · 1 download kodi.log 81.42 kB · 2 downloads

Details details details. Have you reviewed the state on Emby server after watched with Emby app. Where they correct?

Which log representing which state (before watched, after watched, after manual sync, after realtime sync). What was the content name you watched? I cannot search for "episodes of Superman" in the log -> I need episode names

Edited by quickmic

LittleWizard
18 hours ago, quickmic said:

I think I found the problem, I'll fix it in next version.

My kodi is freezing on exit too.

My log stops at the same level: unloaded skin

I tried removing <reuselanguageinvoker>true</reuselanguageinvoker> but no change

If I disable Embyforkodi nextgen first exit hangs, but than, restarting kodi with plugin already disabled, it exit correctly.

quickmic
5 hours ago, Mookdog said:

Mook

.21 seems still to be slow.

quickmic
57 minutes ago, LittleWizard said:

My kodi is freezing on exit too.

My log stops at the same level: unloaded skin

I tried removing <reuselanguageinvoker>true</reuselanguageinvoker> but no change

If I disable Embyforkodi nextgen first exit hangs, but than, restarting kodi with plugin already disabled, it exit correctly.

Yep, I'll fix it in next version.

LittleWizard
22 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Yep, I'll fix it in next version.

Thanks.

Actually the plugin seems to work very well. Keep up the good works!!!
I was on kodi with sql, but kodi+embyforkodi+emby seems a more flexible, reliable and powerful solution!

I hope the 7.x version will have a stable release soon and maybe it could be a good idea to publish it on kodi official repository...

• Thanks 1