embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

MrNo0000
17 hours ago, quickmic said:

I'll try to reproduce the issue. Currently 8.X is no reference, it's experimental and will receive MAJOR changes in the next version.

Please follow those rules. e.g. currently it's not clear if you use native mode or addon.

I need clear test case. e.g. also not clear if you use autoplay next function in Kodi.

A test case means. a step by step instruction, most helpful would be a video of the issue. Currently I cannot reproduce the issue. I continue research, but currently I'm more guessing due a lag of information.

Basic Info:

Kodi Version: v20.0 (also tried v19.5/v19.3)

Emby Server Version:  4.7.11.0 (also tried v4.7.8.0), Synology 920+ (DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 4 )

Hardware: Shield TV Pro 2019

Emby for Kodi Next Gen: 7.13.16, native mode

Embuary Skin: 19.0.1

How to reproduce

1. Fully fresh install the Emby server(I uninstalled on DSM and deleted all EmbyServer file in ssh), config media library. 

2. Fully install kodi (I tried on PC/MAC/Shield), install Embuary Skin in 'Kodi Add-on repository' (also tried to ignore this step), add Emby File Source(http://kodi.emby.media), install Emby beta add-on repository, install Emby for Kodi Next Gen in the repository. 

3. Connect to the server after the installation, use native mode, wait for sync.

4. Play and finish a TV episode in Kodi synced library 'New TV Shows', back to the homepage, nothing comes up in Kodi's 'Next up', but will be in Server's.

5. Restart Kodi, the right next ep will be updated to next up, play and finish it.

6. The new ep won't be updated to next up. If the Kodi restarted, the next ep will in the 'Next up'

Just install -> connect -> play, no more any other operation. 

quickmic
2 hours ago, MrNo0000 said:

Basic Info:

Kodi Version: v20.0 (also tried v19.5/v19.3)

Emby Server Version:  4.7.11.0 (also tried v4.7.8.0), Synology 920+ (DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 4 )

Hardware: Shield TV Pro 2019

Emby for Kodi Next Gen: 7.13.16, native mode

Embuary Skin: 19.0.1

How to reproduce

1. Fully fresh install the Emby server(I uninstalled on DSM and deleted all EmbyServer file in ssh), config media library. 

2. Fully install kodi (I tried on PC/MAC/Shield), install Embuary Skin in 'Kodi Add-on repository' (also tried to ignore this step), add Emby File Source(http://kodi.emby.media), install Emby beta add-on repository, install Emby for Kodi Next Gen in the repository. 

3. Connect to the server after the installation, use native mode, wait for sync.

4. Play and finish a TV episode in Kodi synced library 'New TV Shows', back to the homepage, nothing comes up in Kodi's 'Next up', but will be in Server's.

5. Restart Kodi, the right next ep will be updated to next up, play and finish it.

6. The new ep won't be updated to next up. If the Kodi restarted, the next ep will in the 'Next up'

Just install -> connect -> play, no more any other operation. 

DON'T install ANY addons beside next-gen. Also use addon mode.

If this works (and I think yes), same test in native mode.

Edited by quickmic

MrNo0000
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

I tried fresh install without install Embuary, still the same.

I will try for the addon mode.

MrNo0000
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Hi, with the addon mode, the 'Next up' works fine, the play/stop will show in the 'Activity', but still no 'Now Playing'. 

Thanks.

But I was always using native mode before because of some early file transfer issue with http.

And I will try for days. Thanks again.

quickmic
1 hour ago, MrNo0000 said:

Hi, with the addon mode, the 'Next up' works fine, the play/stop will show in the 'Activity', but still no 'Now Playing'. 

Thanks.

But I was always using native mode before because of some early file transfer issue with http.

And I will try for days. Thanks again.

Native mode and 7.13.6

And now please explain the issue... I see nothing, it's perfect.

Edited by quickmic

MrNo0000
8 hours ago, quickmic said:

And now please explain the issue... I see nothing, it's perfect.

Everything all fine in the video. My issue doesn't happen in the video. And in my case, 'Now Playing' are still not displaying with addon mode.

I don't think it's an addon issue after I have tried to downgrade everything. All different devices are having the same issues, so I think maybe it's because of the server or router or network or something else that could interfere all of the devices. But I really don't know how to find out why. 

Really appreciate for your help. 

quickmic
42 minutes ago, JavierPa said:

Please send me a kodi.log for review after you started the playback (log should include the issue).

JavierPa
20 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Please send me a kodi.log for review after you started the playback (log should include the issue).

Does the path where the logs are saved come out empty? Do I have to do something to make it appear?

2023-02-23-13-49-31-432.jpg

quickmic
16 minutes ago, JavierPa said:

Restart your Box, there is something completely wrong. Not just Kodi, really the the Box or TV set. Wherever Kodi is running. Also not just standby. Pull the plug.

Edited by quickmic

JavierPa
12 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Restart your Box, there is something completely wrong. Not just Kodi, really the the Box or TV set. Wherever Kodi is running. Also not just standby. Pull the plug.

I have turned off and on by pulling the cable, restarted and still the same.

the box is an nvidia shiel and an lg c1 oled tv.

quickmic
12 minutes ago, JavierPa said:

I have turned off and on by pulling the cable, restarted and still the same.

the box is an nvidia shiel and an lg c1 oled tv.

ok, all I see is "OutputPicture - timeout waiting for buffer".

This appeared when you started the playback. This is a message from Kodi not the plugin. The plugin shows no errors, everything is fine till Kodi takes over.

Only advise for the moment, reinstall Kodi with a clean install. You have really really many plugins installed. Probably use Kodi 19, Kodi 20 is quite new and may have bugs on your TV set.

btw, there are issues reported with nvidia shield and Kodi 20.

Edited by quickmic

JavierPa
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

ok, all I see is "OutputPicture - timeout waiting for buffer".

This appeared when you started the playback. This is a message from Kodi not the plugin. The plugin shows no errors, everything is fine till Kodi takes over.

Only advise for the moment, reinstall Kodi with a clean install. You have really really many plugins installed. Probably use Kodi 19, Kodi 20 is quite new and may have bugs on your TV set.

btw, there are issues reported with nvidia shield and Kodi 20.

I have tried with kodi 19.5 from scratch and the same thing happens; The problem comes from the timing of the refresh.

When it's on, it passes the problem before playback, if I turn it off, it doesn't happen.

I leave the video for you to see.

quickmic
21 minutes ago, JavierPa said:

Disable http 2 and the problem persists.

Ok, then it's something for the shield experts.