embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
8 minutes ago, MrNo0000 said:

Sorry I don't know German.

What I mean is that, I played a TV episode and it finished, the next episode won't be updated to the 'Next Up' area, the just finished episode would just keep in the 'Next Up' and won't be tagged as watched. (As in the log, I have finished the Yellowstone S5:E3, and the S5:E4 should be there but the S5:E3 keeps there.)If I restart the Kodi, the 'Next Up' would update to the new EP, and the last would also be tagged watched.

This situation is also reproducable when watching a movie, it won't be tagged watched after it finished.

But the watched status are synced to the Emby Server successfully.

image.thumb.png.a53a4bc41abc5d1e689fd32cfde36f09.png

Image is not working

quickmic

ok, sounds like an Embuary skin issue. Does the stock skin (estuary) work? I assume yes.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
21 minutes ago, MrNo0000 said:

So I think the true problem is that the watched content won't be marked as watched automatically.

I think the skin is just not refreshing the content view. You could try a manual skin reload and see what happens. But first, perform a test with estuary skin.

Edited by quickmic

MrNo0000
11 minutes ago, quickmic said:

ok, sounds like an Embuary skin issue. Does the stock skin (estuary) work? I assume yes.

Estuary also has the issue. Finished S5:E3, won't be marked as watched. (Both on Shield and PC)

I think It might related to the server because it came along with the activity log miss issue. 

quickmic
Just now, MrNo0000 said:

Estuary also has the issue. Finished S5:E3, won't be marked as watched. (Both on Shield and PC)

I think It might related to the server because it came along with the activity log miss issue. 

Might be, but it's very strange. Actually the Kodi box were you played the content, should be always correct. Kodi handles the playback marks by itself (like you are playing a regular file).

The incoming Emby server update notifications are completely blocked on this "playback" box (Kodi keeps track), only the "other" will receive the status updates from Emby server.

After a Kodi reboot, both boxes will refresh according to Emby server content status.

MrNo0000
Just now, quickmic said:

Might be, but it's very strange. Actually the Kodi box were you played the content, should be always correct. Kodi handles the playback marks by itself (like you are playing a regular file).

The incoming Emby server update notifications are completely blocked on this "playback" box (Kodi keeps track), only the "other" will receive the status updates from Emby server.

After a Kodi reboot, both boxes will refresh according to Emby server content status.

As in the image, Kodi playing but no Activity in Emby Server Dashboard. Only the emby client (on my phone) activity would show in there. 

image.thumb.png.19e55d19fda11ae48bb9af91c9bfc3d5.png

MrNo0000
5 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Maybe it's a Kodi20 issue? I will test it with 19. 

• Like 1

MrNo0000
21 minutes ago, MrNo0000 said:

Maybe it's a Kodi20 issue? I will test it with 19. 

Still not right. Maybe reinstall the server tommorrow. 

quickmic
2 minutes ago, MrNo0000 said:

Still not right. Maybe reinstall the server tommorrow. 

Ok, I'll also double check. Maybe I find something.

MrNo0000
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

I think a server error.

I reinstalled the server(4.7.11), and connected with PC while it's still scrapping. So the sync is a little slow, but it got me finds what follows:

There are 2 TV series TV-A and TV-B. I watched one episode of TV-A, the next EP of TV-A showed in the Next up. And then I watched one episode of TV-B, the next EP of TV-B showed in the Next up. BUT, just about seconds later, the former watched TV-A EP refreshed back in the Next up, and then seconds later, the TV-B last EP came back either. 

So it's marked first then unmarked. Strange.

Hi, 

i am using the next-gen addon for my kodi 20 (marven fork) installation with firetv cube 3. Everything exapted tv sync is running fine. 

Addon is syncing but channels arend visible in tv section.  Also tried version 8 but kodi is crashing with this version. 

Kodi 19 (also marven fork) is working fine.

I saw that the pvr simple addon is renamed there maybe this is the problem here?

quickmic
3 minutes ago, hyp89 said:

Hi, 

i am using the next-gen addon for my kodi 20 (marven fork) installation with firetv cube 3. Everything exapted tv sync is running fine. 

Addon is syncing but channels arend visible in tv section.  Also tried version 8 but kodi is crashing with this version. 

Kodi 19 (also marven fork) is working fine.

I saw that the pvr simple addon is renamed there maybe this is the problem here?

Yes could be, it's on my todo list.

• Like 1

Eisi2005

I switched from 6.x to 7.x. With 6.x I always had a spinning wheel when the hard drive spin up until the movie started, with 7.x I no longer have that. You don't always know if you pressed correctly or not. Can i configure that somewhere ?

quickmic
44 minutes ago, Eisi2005 said:

I switched from 6.x to 7.x. With 6.x I always had a spinning wheel when the hard drive spin up until the movie started, with 7.x I no longer have that. You don't always know if you pressed correctly or not. Can i configure that somewhere ?

No it's disabled to due a Kodi bug with busydialog. Didn't appear too often, but when it happens Kodi crashes.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/16756

LittleWizard

In fact now you say that, sometimes I have the spinning wait and nothing happen. Pressing back I return to browsing, but kodi act like the video is playing with play controls and fullscreen option. I have ti close kodi and reopen to play something at that point.

Do I have to check workaround for kody bug in embyforkody options?

quickmic
11 minutes ago, LittleWizard said:

In fact now you say that, sometimes I have the spinning wait and nothing happen. Pressing back I return to browsing, but kodi act like the video is playing with play controls and fullscreen option. I have ti close kodi and reopen to play something at that point.

Do I have to check workaround for kody bug in embyforkody options?

No, that's for another (widget) Kodi bug. Not mandatory if you have no problems with widgets.

LittleWizard
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

No, that's for another (widget) Kodi bug. Not mandatory if you have no problems with widgets.

Thanks!

whisperer
On 2/17/2023 at 12:57 PM, quickmic said:

Yes it does, needs to be enabled in plugin's config menu.

I have enabled skip intro in config menu, but nothing happened when start playing.

Does this function require Emby Premiere or Addon Sync Mode ?

- Kodi 19.4

- embyforkodi Next Gen 7.13.6:  skip intro enabled,  Direct Sync Mode

- Emby Server 4.7.11.0: Generate intro video markers enabled

MrNo0000
22 hours ago, quickmic said:

I've downgrade the server to 4.7.8.0, still not right. But it works fine before, don't know what's going wrong. 😭

LittleWizard
1 hour ago, whisperer said:

I have enabled skip intro in config menu, but nothing happened when start playing.

Does this function require Emby Premiere or Addon Sync Mode ?

- Kodi 19.4

- embyforkodi Next Gen 7.13.6:  skip intro enabled,  Direct Sync Mode

- Emby Server 4.7.11.0: Generate intro video markers enabled

For what I know you have to pay premiere and also do addon mode, not native. Anyway I have Premiere and addon mode, but never seen jump intro even if enabled in both server and addon. Only fewtimes I saw the skip end titles. I don't mind because I'm not so interested in that feature.

MrNo0000
On 2/21/2023 at 12:01 AM, quickmic said:

Hi, I find something more.

1. The sync is fine if I just mark the EP in the context menu but not watch it. Marked EP will be synced to server and to Kodi, and the next up works right. 

2. If two consecutive EP watched one by one, restart the Kodi, the status would be wrong even after the start up sync. The first won't be marked watched but the second will be marked. 

3. The behavior is different between 7.13.6 and 8.0.1 and I think there's might some connections.

Both versions can reproduce the behavior that just watched the content marked as 'watched' would be unmarked very quickly, but the 8.0.1 has more issues. If the playback stopped in the middle, the progress will keep in Kodi with 7.13.6(but the progress won't be update to Emby), so that I can resume the playback from where I stopped before. But with 8.0.1, the progress will be cleared as well. 

whisperer
1 hour ago, LittleWizard said:

For what I know you have to pay premiere and also do addon mode, not native. Anyway I have Premiere and addon mode, but never seen jump intro even if enabled in both server and addon. Only fewtimes I saw the skip end titles. I don't mind because I'm not so interested in that feature.

I retested it and found that it was my own problem. Next-gen is working fine.

Emby Premiere and Addon Sync Mode are also not necessary.

I installed the Chapter API plugin, which allows me to view TV shows  that have successfully detected intros. I tested these videos and found that next-gen can prompt me to skip them without any issues.

Thanks anyway!

quickmic
1 hour ago, MrNo0000 said:

Hi, I find something more.

1. The sync is fine if I just mark the EP in the context menu but not watch it. Marked EP will be synced to server and to Kodi, and the next up works right. 

2. If two consecutive EP watched one by one, restart the Kodi, the status would be wrong even after the start up sync. The first won't be marked watched but the second will be marked. 

3. The behavior is different between 7.13.6 and 8.0.1 and I think there's might some connections.

Both versions can reproduce the behavior that just watched the content marked as 'watched' would be unmarked very quickly, but the 8.0.1 has more issues. If the playback stopped in the middle, the progress will keep in Kodi with 7.13.6(but the progress won't be update to Emby), so that I can resume the playback from where I stopped before. But with 8.0.1, the progress will be cleared as well. 

I'll try to reproduce the issue. Currently 8.X is no reference, it's experimental and will receive MAJOR changes in the next version.

Please follow those rules. e.g. currently it's not clear if you use native mode or addon.

I need clear test case. e.g. also not clear if you use autoplay next function in Kodi.

A test case means. a step by step instruction, most helpful would be a video of the issue. Currently I cannot reproduce the issue. I continue research, but currently I'm more guessing due a lag of information.