embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

Mookdog
12 hours ago, quickmic said:

fyi, I'm on vacation starting tomorrow till 29th of January with very limited internet access.

Well deserved. Enjoy yourself brother

• Thanks 1

838Joel
3 hours ago, Seger said:

Has anyone of you already switched to Kodi 20 and can confirm that everything is fine?

Yes, it work fine... using it on 2 Android TV.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

LittleWizard

I have duplicated subtites in kodi for every movie. I use the plugin in pluginmode, not direct mode. Each video has duplicated subs: for example

- italian - forced ita

- english - original lang

- english - hearing impaired

- italian - 1 (external)

- english - 2 (external)

- english - 3 (external)

First three are embedded ones, last three seems duplicated by embyforkodi 7.

Also everytime I stop and resume, it resumes with english - 3 (external) even if I last stopped with italian forced. I have disabled subs download in emby and kodi. There are no external subs in the folder. I have tried every option on both kodi, emby and embyforkody plugin but it goes on duplicating subs, select wrong sub and don't remember last sub selection on resume. I tried setting in kodi as default only forced subs and also setting as default nothing but it always starts with external english for hearing impaired. I also tried disabling everything in emby server and emby app, nothing changed. Any ideas?

Edited by LittleWizard

What does the option "vacuum" db do vs the one in the server? I mean, is it a good practise when we trigger vacuum on the server, to also do it client-side?

Edited by djhifi

On 1/19/2023 at 5:50 AM, quickmic said:

To all users with Emby server 4.8.0.20 and higher. This Emby server version has a performance issue. As a workaround, reduce the paging factor in plugin's sync settings to a very low value.

Factor 1 was tested and confirmed working. This slows down the init sync performance, but at least the (init) sync will not run into a timeout. Higher values could work as well, but at some point timeouts will appear. Default setting is factor 70 and this too high for > .19

THanks for the workaround. But its so slow on a fresh install... :D

Edited by djhifi

Mookdog
9 hours ago, Seger said:

Has anyone of you already switched to Kodi 20 and can confirm that everything is fine?

Works great. I already forked it and made one for my emby kodi build. 

Mook

LittleWizard

At first it seems to work right on kodi 20, too. I have some random crash at kodi start  on Shield tv (quick black screen and than back to home launcher), but this happen also on a fresh install without plugins.

Mookdog
9 hours ago, LittleWizard said:

At first it seems to work right on kodi 20, too. I have some random crash at kodi start  on Shield tv (quick black screen and than back to home launcher), but this happen also on a fresh install without plugins.

I too am using Kodi 20 on Shield TV and have 0 issues. I have it setup with my own build based off Arctic Zephyr Reloaded Skin with emby NG latest beta

Mook

On 1/19/2023 at 5:50 AM, quickmic said:

To all users with Emby server 4.8.0.20 and higher. This Emby server version has a performance issue. As a workaround, reduce the paging factor in plugin's sync settings to a very low value.

Factor 1 was tested and confirmed working. This slows down the init sync performance, but at least the (init) sync will not run into a timeout. Higher values could work as well, but at some point timeouts will appear. Default setting is factor 70 and this too high for > .19

Factor 5 and 6 are also working

Didn't wanna risk going higher but 1 was not practical for me since I needed to perform clean install on 3 machines lol.

quickmic
On 1/21/2023 at 5:45 PM, LittleWizard said:

I have duplicated subtites in kodi for every movie. I use the plugin in pluginmode, not direct mode. Each video has duplicated subs: for example

- italian - forced ita

- english - original lang

- english - hearing impaired

- italian - 1 (external)

- english - 2 (external)

- english - 3 (external)

First three are embedded ones, last three seems duplicated by embyforkodi 7.

Also everytime I stop and resume, it resumes with english - 3 (external) even if I last stopped with italian forced. I have disabled subs download in emby and kodi. There are no external subs in the folder. I have tried every option on both kodi, emby and embyforkody plugin but it goes on duplicating subs, select wrong sub and don't remember last sub selection on resume. I tried setting in kodi as default only forced subs and also setting as default nothing but it always starts with external english for hearing impaired. I also tried disabling everything in emby server and emby app, nothing changed. Any ideas?

I'll review that issue, could take a while.

Eigeplackter
15 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Seems 7.13.6 has no issues. I'll push it to Emby's Kodi stable repository by tomorrow.

Have you tested Kodi V20 with 7.3.16 ? Save to upgrade ?

quickmic
4 minutes ago, Eigeplackter said:

Have you tested Kodi V20 with 7.3.16 ? Save to upgrade ?

Yes, so far no issues found with Kodi 20

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Seems 7.13.6 has no issues. I'll push it to Emby's Kodi stable repository by tomorrow.

But the factor 1 is still in place correct? At least until server gets a new version pushed?

quickmic
8 minutes ago, djhifi said:

But the factor 1 is still in place correct? At least until server gets a new version pushed?

Emby server > .19? Yes, this issue is not related to the plugin. There is nothing I can do.

• Like 1

quickmic
23 hours ago, quickmic said:

I'll postpone the release in stable repo, thinking it's currently not a good idea forcing people re-sync their database, unless the performance issue in Emby server >4.8.0.19 exists. I'll wait till this is fixed, but to be clear. The plugin is actually ready to be declared as stable.

Mookdog
10 hours ago, quickmic said:

I'll postpone the release in stable repo, thinking it's currently not a good idea forcing people re-sync their database, unless the performance issue in Emby server >4.8.0.19 exists. I'll wait till this is fixed, but to be clear. The plugin is actually ready to be declared as stable.

Hey @quickmic

probably a good idea. What used to take me 20 mins to do it now takes 1.5 hrs. Cant wait for the debacle to be fixed. I love beta testing but its horrible when it runs into issues. Thats what I get for loving betas lol

Mook

• Like 1

jaybird2203

@quickmic running 7.13.6 with Kodi 20 and noticed live TV sync needs a manual sync to have epg data pulled again. Just started leveraging this so not sure if present on kodi 19 or earlier or if older plug-ins.

I'll see if I can grab kodi logs (hoping I don't restart my PC and overwrite them again lol) and send via pm.

quickmic
56 minutes ago, jaybird2203 said:

@quickmic running 7.13.6 with Kodi 20 and noticed live TV sync needs a manual sync to have epg data pulled again.

Yes correct this is not a bug, it's a limitation.

It's on the agenda for 8.x, actually the whole LiveTV implementation needs some code changes.

LittleWizard
On 1/29/2023 at 8:35 AM, quickmic said:

I'll review that issue, could take a while.

So the subtitle problem I have (subtitles duplicated and default or forced subs not respected every time the movie starts or resume) is common and reproducible?

quickmic
2 hours ago, LittleWizard said:

So the subtitle problem I have (subtitles duplicated and default or forced subs not respected every time the movie starts or resume) is common and reproducible?

Not reviewed yet, still on my list. Last time I tested subtitles, it was fine. Subtitles are hard to debug, so many variations possible. Also works differently for native and addon mode.

In native mode, the plugin should not interfere subtitles.

LittleWizard

In fact I use Plugin mode (since is firmly suggested and also useful when I need transcoding).

Anyway I tried every settings in emby server and kodi, tried default only forced subs, default nothing, default italian when audio is not italian), I disabled any kind of sub download both in kodi and emby server, no external subs files are in the folder, really strange. Every time I resume, subs are setted to last duplicated "external" sub.

• Like 1